CPR.

Waking up without you.

Jonghyun woke up to a bundle of messy blonde locks tickling his neck. As his blurry morning vision cleared, he smiled upon seeing such an angelic creature snuggling close to his chest. His hand that was not busy accommodating Kibum's weight reached to brush the stray bangs away from the younger's forehead, pressing his lips ever so gently afterwards so as not to wake the model up. He knew how tired the younger was and he wished for him to regain his strength by sleeping in more.

As his mind drifted back to last night's events, a wide smile tugged the corner of his lips. He had not got a single clue on how to express his excitement. Not only was he forgiven - well, not entirely - but he was granted the chance to call Kibum 'his' again. Truthfully, he knew he did not deserve any of it. But grace was showered upon him when the model accepted his heart, though still with the fear of getting hurt once more.

Kibum was still doubtful, but Jonghyun wasn't going to give up earning his trust again. This time, he was going to do everything right. He was not going to rush the younger into things, no. He was going to take his time to court Kibum again even if they were already together.

This time, he would love Kibum more than he loved his career.
This time, he was going to make sure that Kibum was treated no less than royalty.
This time, he was going to be the one who his damsel in distress would call for.

His string of thoughts were cut short when the door slowly opened to reveal a nurse cradling a chart in her arms and a dietician carrying a tray with what he assumed was Kibum's breakfast. The blonde lad's manager greeted the hospital employees (and Jonghyun wondered where his own manager has disappeared to) as he held the door open for them, closing it afterwards in a manner that would not disturb the model's much needed sleep.

As the nurse approached the bed, a smile that practically cooed 'aww' appeared in her lips after seeing Kibum in Jonghyun's strong arms. The singer nodded to greet the nurse and the dietician, the only gesture his position allowed him if he wanted to not disturb the light-sleeper beside him. He could only wish that the nurses who worked in that hospital weren't those who liked to spread rumors.

His chocolate brown orbs followed the nurse's movements - one of her hands reaching up to adjust the drops of the dextrose and writing down on the chart whatever it was that medical people check whenever they do rounds on their patients. Jonghyun's calm demeanor was disrupted, eventually, when the nurse pulled something out of her pocket - an electronic thermometer - and attempted to take Kibum's temperature while he was still sleeping. The device was about to touch the model's ear when Jonghyun grabbed the nurse's wrist, pouting with all his might to get the nurse to leave his boyfriend be.

His boyfriend.

Yes, Kibum was finally his again.

The nurse chuckled lowly and explained to him that it would only take her less than four seconds to finish. The dejected idol reluctantly let go of her wrist and hoped that Kibum would not be woken up from the device. But, of course, that was his wishful thinking. He knew all of the younger's sensitive spots - and that included Kibum's ears.

Once the electronic thermometer was put a quarter inside Kibum's ear, the nurse pressed the tiny button installed just below the indicator to record the temperature. True to her words, it only took three seconds and the device was out. Jonghyun observed the model's features as his brows creased and his nose scrunched up, slightly stirring and ending up with a yawn.

He smiled at the sight, a genuine, sweet smile. It has been so long since he woke up next to Kibum, next to his angel. He waited for it - one, two, three... And Kibum fluttered his feline eyes open. As the younger's vision focused on the male next to him - their faces too close to his liking - a blush crept up his cheeks.

Kim Jonghyun did it. He planned to jump and shout and tell the whole world about it. He did it - he was the one Kibum saw first thing in the morning.

Such a small matter yet it brought him greater joy than when he received his rookie of the year award.

The model stared at him for a while as he did the same, blinking a few times before that adorable dimple finally popped out of the younger's cheek when he smiled. Jonghyun leaned in closer, pressing his nose against the younger's button-like one and rubbing them together which earned him a few giggles from his blonde lover.

"Good morning, Love," Jonghyun greeted, his gaze never leaving Kibum's.

The model only smiled wider, hiding his face in the older's shoulder. It was only until his stomach growled that he stopped giggling and raised his head to look at the singer again.

"I'm hungry," Were his first words since he woke up.

Small chuckles echoed from across the room, making the couple take notice of the people who were entertaining themselves by watching them - and Jonghyun wondered when his manager got back from god-knows-where. Heat reached up the couple's cheeks as Kibum once again buried his face in the singer's shoulder.

"Kibum-ssi, your breakfast is here. You can eat now if you're hungry," The nurse offered and gestured for the dietician to place the tray on the table, a teasing smile never leaving her face as she glanced at Jonghyun's blushing cheeks. She mimed zipping at the singer's direction to assure him that whatever she has seen would stay inside the four walls of the room. "You're doing fine now, Kibum-ssi, we just need to keep you under observation until this afternoon then you're good to go. Just press the nurse's button when you need something, alright?"

With that, the nurse left with the chart clutched close to her chest and the dietician following close behind.

"Key-ah, eat your meal now, hm? Your parents will arrive soon," Kibum's manager spoke while he walked over to the small, round table where the model's food was placed.

Jonghyun nudged the younger's cheek and fixed his hair only to see Kibum peeking from his shoulder. He smiled a toothy smile and pressed his lips on the younger's forehead.

"Aigoo, what are we going to do with these two?" A groaning middle-aged man - Jonghyun's manager - complained at the sight of the couple being too love-struck so early in the morning.

 

 

 

Jonghyun was feeding the model with what the hospital liked to call 'a healthy breakfast' when the two managers decided to open the television and watch something (probably to get themselves distracted from the lovebirds). He would occasionally sneak a kiss on the younger's cheek, nose, chin, temple, or forehead whenever Kibum was too busy chewing the food, making his cheeks puff because of the amount of food in his mouth. He was hungry, alright.

"-an accident which sent the very young and talented model, Kim Kibum, to Seoul Hospital last night. It is said that he accidentally slipped and fell in the water at the location of a filming-"

Both Jonghyun and Kibum - together with their managers - watched intently as a certain news channel reported the incident. The story was exactly like what Kibum had asked Jessica to tell the press. A few video clips of his friends - including Jonghyun - were shown while they entered his hospital room. The model was relieved to have protected Jinki's comeback - at least those annoying reporters had the decency to do that.

 

 

 

"Is it going to hurt? Huh, Hyung? Is it, is it?"

"Shh, be quiet, Minki-ah! Umma's vein might pop if you don't stay still!"

As promised, Taemin, Minho, and Ren visited Kibum, bringing with them lots of fruits and healthy drinks. The three stood at the foot of Kibum's hospital bed, watching with pure interest as Jonghyun held Kibum in his arms while the nurse from earlier came back to release the patient from the syringe buried in his vein. Slowly and carefully, the needle was pulled out and was replaced by a cotton pressed to stop the slight bleeding from the dot-like wound. The two maknaes sighed in relief when their mother-like figure flashed them a smile, indicating that he was alright and that it didn't hurt that much.

An hour has passed until Kibum's manager informed everyone that Mr. and Mrs. Kim's arrival was estimated to be in less than thirty minutes. Hearing this, Jonghyun abruptly panicked. He hasn't tidied himself since last night and Kibum's parents were already fast approaching. Yes, he has met them before since Kibum was his best friend before he became his boyfriend. But even after they knew of his upgraded relationship with their son, only Mrs. Kim softened up to the singer. Jonghyun could take on anyone blocking his way to be with Kibum...

...with the exception of Mr. Kim.

Kibum's father was sweet and loving, but only towards his son. He had accepted the blonde model the way he was, spoiled him, and even treated him like a princess. When Mr. Kim heard of his son's relationship of Jonghyun, he was not pleased. He would glare at the singer every time Kibum took him home to Daegu with him. It was unfortunate, to say the least, that Mr. Kim didn't trust Jonghyun at all.

Skinship with Kibum was forbidden whenever Mr. Kim was around and everybody knew how the brunette couldn't take that. Once, Jonghyun dared to steal a make-out session with Kibum in the younger's garage only to find a fuming Mr. Kim a few feet away from them (with a baseball bat at hand).

Simply put, Jonghyun was just a puny booger when faced with Kibum's father (not to mention the height difference, but he didn't need to put himself down more than necessary).

"I- Baby, you stay here, okay?" Jonghyun kissed the top of his lover's head, earning him a confused look from Kibum.

"Where are you going?" Kibum asked, his cat-like eyes following Jonghyun as the singer moved out of the bed.

"Bath. I need to fix myself, I mean- look at me! Oh my god, your father is going to chop my balls to pieces if he sees me like this!"

Everybody inside the room chuckled at the nervous singer, Minho shaking his head in amusement that Jonghyun was actually afraid of someone. The brunette ran to his manager's side, asking for the change of clothes and clumsily rummaging the bag for a decent outfit to wear in front of the oh-so-terrifying Mr. Kim. Once he did, he bolted into the bathroom and cleaned himself like he has never done before.

 

 

 

While waiting for his silly boyfriend - yes, Kibum was still keeping those butterflies in his stomach for each time the thought of being with the singer again came to him -, his manager walked over to him and the two maknaes (who were busy blowing air on his nails which Ren suggested they put nail polish on) and handed him his phone to see that he got a call. His eyes lit up when he saw the name of the caller and slid the green icon, carefully bringing the phone to his ear - because really, he did not want to ruin his sons' work of art.

"Hey, Rabbit," He cheerily answered, not hiding the smile that was obvious from his tone of voice.

On his side, Ren was tugging on his sleeve and mouthing the word 'Appa'.

"Kitty, how are you? Are you still hurt? Have you been eating well? Should I go check on you? Who's with you?"

Kibum chuckled at Jinki's inquiries, but he knew the raven-haired singer was only worried about him.

"I'm fine, you bunny. Yes, I've been eating well - if you consider the yucky hospital food a 'healthy diet'. Don't worry too much, a lot are here with me. Have you finished with the shoot?"

"Good, don't scare me like that again. Okay? And yes, the filming's done but the editting isn't. It might take another day before the actual release. You'll come with me next week on my comeback, right?"

Oh, right.
He was supposed to come with Jinki and meet his friends at the broadcasting station.

Just as when he was about to answer, Jonghyun came out of the bathroom looking all fresh. The brunette was drying his hair with a towel as he took his spot on the bed beside Kibum, asking him who was on the line. The model mouthed a silent 'Jinki' and turned back on answering Jinki's query.

"About that... I don't think I can make it," The younger spoke, his voice laced with nothing but regret. He was so looking forward to Jinki's promise but then he had to leave with his parents to Daegu.

Jonghyun planted a kiss on his beloved's cheek, trying to distract him from the call which soon earned him a death glare.

"Why?"

"I'm going to Daegu with my-" The model stopped midway as the brunette trailed kissed down to his neck. He shoved his boyfriend away lightly and pointed to the two maknaes on the same bed as them, staring widely at their actions. "-parents for two weeks. I'm sorry, Rabbit... I really wanted to go with you, though."

"That's too bad, but no worries, I'll tell just tell Nicole you'll meet them soon. Have fun with your family, Kitty."

"Alright. Thank you as always, Rabbit. I'll see you at home soon, bye," He hung up and almost instantly let out a soft giggle as Jonghyun kept on brushing his nose against his cheek.

He finally gave up and gave the singer his undivided attention while Taemin caught on and pulled Ren out of the bed and into the couch where Minho was quietly seated. They dared not to interrupt, knowing that the two just got back together and were experiencing their relationship's honeymoon stage for the second time around.

Kibum took the towel from the singer and started drying that latter's hair, leaning in every now and then to place chaste kisses all over the older's grinning face. Jonghun was enjoying every second of it until Ren - being innocent and all - asked something that didn't even cross Jonghyun's mind.

"Key-umma, did Woohyun-sunbae save you from drowning?"

Kibum turned to look at the bundle of blonde hair sitting on the couch and stared at him for a second or two, wondering why he got curious all of a sudden. "Yes, why?"

Ren pushed himself up from the couch and skipped to the side of Kibum's bed, leaning his elbows on the mattress and staring intently at the model.

"Then he kissed you! Right? He did CPR on you, Key-umma!" The youngest male exclaimed excitedly (even though Kibum thought Ren hasn't got a clue what CPR stood for).

Snap.

Jonghyun's eyes widened, his breathing became uneven as the information slowly dawned on him.

"E-he-hehe... Minki-ah, what are you talking about?" Taemin awkwardly laughed and walked to Ren's side, pulling the boy with him back on the couch.

"Yah, Jjong... would you have liked it more if I died? It was a neces-"

Without warning, the jealous brunette cupped Kibum's face and touched his lips with his. The model's eyes widened but soon fluttered close, enjoying the feel of the older's soft pair of full lips on his. Anyone would have expected the singer to roughly smash his lips on Kibum's, but he wouldn't want to hurt him in any way. He needed to be gentle just as he had promised he would not rush Kibum into anything.

Kissing was not in the list of rushing things, no. Not for Kibum and definitely not for Jonghyun. The model was enjoying this just as much as the singer. It was a sweet, gentle kiss - no tongues, no hands roaming on the sides of the other. Just a soft touching of the lips with Jonghyun sealing what was his.

In the midst of enjoying their first real kiss after waiting for months, they failed to notice the door opening and letting in a very, very angry Mr. Kim.

"KIM JONGHYUN!!!"

Yup, Kim Jonghyun definitely enjoyed that kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Before anything else, I apologize for using an outside point-of-view. If you noticed, I'm no good in writing fluff or anything even close to it and this chapter (and the few chapters ahead) is clearly my failed attempt at writing such. TROLOLOL.

I'll go back to writing in the first person point-of-view when the fluff(?) is gone. XD

Also, forgive me for the short chapter (a total of 2,771 words compared to last chapters 6k words). I just finished my final exams yesterday! And guess what? I nailed it! :P
tumblr_m5suoijdJ81rw4frso2_250.gif

 

So, I'd like to point out a few things as to why I write boring stories:
1. Have you ever wondered why there aren't amusement park dates on my stories? Well yeah, you guessed it. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO ONE BECAUSE I'M NOT ALLOWED TO RIDE ANYTHING. AT ALL. My dad is pretty strict about it. But I swear I'm going to watch animes or videos or anything that's related to it just to be able to write something similar to amusement park dates. Pfft!

2. Have you ever wondered why I haven't written anything about them going to clubs/drinking alcohol? YES, YOU GUESSED IT AGAIN! I haven't been to one! And in my 20 years of life, I haven't tasted beer or soju yet. I KNOW, MY LIFE IS BORING, THANK YOU! D:
tumblr_ltbjdoBqWu1qihji8o1_r1_500.gif
Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want!

 

Ugh! Whatever. LOL. I'll try to explore the world. Go out, have fun, yada yada. :))

Anymore of you who feel like unsubscribing? (Bitter!)
tumblr_lx3770EQEg1qzk90mo3_250.gif
 

'Kay, bye. I'm gon' sleep (again) since it's already 1:30 a.m. here. GOOD NIGHT MORNING TO THOSE WHO ARE STILL SUBSCRIBED TO THIS! Please stay pretty and beautiful and gorgeous and kissable and y and... no. We all now that y part is for my Key-bb.
tumblr_lv3wgiWC2j1qihji8o1_500.gif