The end of the line.

Waking up without you.

[ Key ]

 

"Then stay at our dorm instead."
Seunghyun uttered, still trying to reason with my decision.

After their performance at Inkigayo, FT Island's manager was kind enough to drop me off at my place. Seunghyun ended up asking their manager if he could stay with me for a bit and was granted permission, much to my dismay. He knew something was up. Don't ask me how, he just knew. He has always been sensitive when it comes to my well-being and I'm thankful for that. But there are times when I just want to be left alone, especially when I'm about to run away and hide.

I'm leaving.

And so here I am, packing away everything that screamed 'Key'. I can feel the younger's gaze following my every movement. I knew this would happen once he finds out. No, he wasn't against me leaving this place. In fact, he was very much delighted. He even went saying 'It's about time' that I stop being so blinded by love.

"You know that's not possible, Seunghyunnie."  I started while sweeping away my entire wardrobe in one go and stuffing them inside one of my suitcases. I zipped it close before turning to face the boy who was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. I sighed and forced a small smile.  "You and I both know that Jonghyun will probably question my absence after a few days, weeks, or if he's really that oblivious, it can take him months to notice."

"And knowing that douche, he'll probable scavenge our dorm first, huh?"

I nodded, glad that he finally came to understand the situation I'm in. I turned back around to finish packing when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to his chest.

"Does it hurt?"  He placed an arm around my waist, carressing my back with his free hand.

He always knew exactly what to do. I nodded stiffly, stupid tears threatening to fall again.

Seeing the love of your life smiling for somebody else, hugging and kissing somebody that is not you... Of course it hurts. It hurts so much I can't feel my heart inside my chest anymore.

"Should I dance Ring Ding Dong for you?"

Before I could even yell a definite 'NO', he was already standing more or less six feet away from me, doing his own choreography of the song. My eyes widened as he tried to sing along the gear-shift move.

"We gonna go rocka, rocka, rocka~ ♫"  He continued ing his hips, his arms flailing all over the place.

"S-Seunghyunnie..."  I tried to suppress my laugh as to not offend my dork of a best friend.

"So elastic, elastic, fantastic~ ♪"

And just like that, he managed to make me laugh with his crazy antics.

"Yah, stop dancing before all Primadonnas go anti on you!"  I nagged at him, pulling him by the arm and sitting him down on the bed.  "Stay put, arasso? I'll be done in a minute."

I got back to work, taking everything I own with me. I opened the drawers, double-checking to make sure I don't leave anything behind. I wanted to have a clean break, a thorough ending.

I wanted it to look like I never met you.
Like I never ate with you, laughed with you, slept with you, cooked for you, lived with you.

As if we never existed.

I turned to Seunghyun and handed him my car keys, ordering him to carry the suitcases and put them in the car's trunk. He just smiled and complied, no words needed for him to understand that I needed to be alone for the last time. He knows how hard it is for me to leave, to even take a step out that door.

I slid down our bed, the bed that I once loved so much. I lied down for a while, bringing your pillow to my chest and hugging it tightly. I took in your scent, inhaling every bit of it for the last time. My heart clenched as memories of you and I together flashed through my mind.

My hold on the pillow tightened, tears suddenly blurring my vision. Memories of you saying you love and only me kept coming back. The day you confessed, the first time you intertwined your fingers with mine, the sweet moment you stole my first kiss, our unforgettable first fight, the first song you wrote just for me, the text message you sent to tell me how much you miss me, the afternoon you learned how to use your puppy eyes on  me, the night you gave me a toy ring and claimed it as our 'couple ring'...

I believed all of it.
I believed every word, every moment, every touch.

I believed your lies.
Every word was a lie.
Every touch was a lie.
Everything was a complete lie.

I was foolish to ever believe you when you said that our love was eternal.

I wiped the tears with the back of my hand, placing the pillow back to where it should be. I pushed myself up and got off the bed. I stood beside it, my eyes lingering on the blankets for the last time.

Gathering all the courage I have left, I made my way out of the room - your room. I stopped in front of the bathroom, turning the knob and stepping inside. I stood in front of the sink, smiling at the sight of our toothbrushes leaning against each other.

Don't forget to brush your teeth before going to bed, Yeobo.
No matter how exhausted you are.

I gently picked up my toothbrush, watching as yours made a 'ting' sound as it hit the edge of the mug. Another tear rolled down my face, my heart slowly ripping in two.

Finally able to walk out of the bathroom, I headed down the stairs and found myself leaning on my elbows against the kitchen counter. I spent almost all my free time here. My gaze landed on the pink apron you bought for me. I'd love to take it with me, but that would mean taking some of you with me.

Don't skip meals, Yeobo.
No matter how busy your schedule is.

I'll surely miss cooking for you.

I forced myself to walk towards the door when I came across a photo frame with the two of us on our your living room. I held it up and for a few moments, just stared at it. Involuntarily, my fingers were tracing your features - your puppy eyes, your sharp nose, your luscious lips, your structured jawline.

We were happily in love back then.
Or at least I was.

I opened the drawer of the side table where the frame originally stood and placed it inside. I played with the toy ring on my finger before pulling it off and placing it atop the photo frame. I slowly closed the drawer as more tears strolled down my flushed cheeks.

This was it.
We have just reached what love called 'the end of the line'.

Don't stay up too late.
Don't skip meals.
Don't leave your dirty clothes in the bathroom sink.
Don't forget to lock your phone before stuffing it in your pocket.

 

Don't forget that I love you.

Please look after yourself.
May you find happiness with her.

Kim Jonghyun...

I'll miss you.

 

 

 


A/N:

I know, I know. It's short.
But don't fret, I'll be posting another update a few hours from now (or before the day ends).

SAY WHAT?
Yes, I'm doing a double update.
Because I have no school today and because I love you, guys, so much. ♥