A change of heart.

Waking up without you.

[ Third Person ]

 

 

He shot up after realizing that the warmth wasn't there and doubted if last night's events were just a dream. His almost panic attack was prevented, though, when he noticed a figure standing in front of the dresser and looking for clothes.

He rubbed his eyes off of sandman's dusts, yawning as he did. He may not have woken up with Kibum next to him, but seeing the model still in the same room as him was enough. At least he didn't wake up without Kibum near him. Jonghyun swung his legs on the side of the bed and stood up, sneakily walking towards the younger. He almost caused Kibum to have a heart attack when he s his arms around those curvy hips.

"Good morning, Yeobo." He casually greeted while resting his chin on Kibum's shoulder.

It was too natural for him, as if every space in between the younger's body were made for him. As cliché as it sounded, he thought of them as puzzle pieces.

"Jjong, friends don't call each other that. Move over, I'm busy." Kibum tried to sound strict but ended up blushing as Jonghyun just tightened his hold on him.

This particular scene from last night was repeating itself and Kibum didn't know what he was supposed to feel anymore.

"C'mon, let go, Jjong. I really need to take a shower; my manager's picking me up in an hour."

Jonghyun let go of the younger against his will and pouted. He dragged his feet back to the bed and lied down on his stomach. He turned his head to look at the busy model before bombarding him with his never-ending curiosity.

"Where's the filming site?" He started his interrogations.

"At SM's studio. A set was prepared for the first scene there, then we'll be moving to a private pool for the succeeding scenes."

"Oh! Then can I ride with you to our company? I ran to get here, you know." The singer purposely frowned to get Kibum's approval.

"Fine, just this once." The younger muttered, his focus still on the clothes in front of him.

"Hold on, did you just mention something about swimming pools?" Jonghyun raised his head as he threw in the inquiry.

"Yeah."

"You do know you can't swim, right?"

With that truth out, Kibum stopped rummaging his closet and bit his lip. He turned to face the brunette but his eyes were glued on the floor.

"I know." His answer came out with much hesitation.

"You know! You know yet you still agreed with the arrangement?" The singer raised his voice and stood up from the bed. He knew this side of Kibum -- hard-headed. The younger was prone to accidents because he always put his self last. Jonghyun was quite aware of this fact, and he hated it.

"Work is work, Jjong. You know that more than I do." Kibum finally lifted his head to meet his enraged ex's eyes.

"You could drown. You could die, for Pete's sake!" The singer already had his fists clenched.

"What else is there? Is there anything else you're not telling me?"

"I'm not entitled to tell you everything." Kibum calmly said, not wanting to add more fuel to the fire.

But apparently, it did.

"Bull!"

Kibum flinched at the sudden outburst. He has never seen the singer this furious, not in those five whole years that he has known him. This was a first.

"What else is there?" Jonghyun repeated his unanswered question in between gritted teeth.

"A k-kissing scene with noona..."

Jonghyun awkwardly laughed.
He didn’t believe his ears. He thought he just probably heard wrong.

"That's a joke, right?" He asked in disbelief.

"No. You can read the script yourself." The model finally gained his composure back.

"Tell them to cancel the pool scene, tell them that you're not doing the kiss either." The older tried to calm his nerves down and rubbed his temples.

Jonghyun was slowly losing it. He didn't know why the younger was so willing and it angered him.

"Jinki will be there, I think I'll be okay..." Kibum bit his lip as he explained.

It was a heavy blow for Jonghyun's pride, though. Kibum's words only meant that he no longer depended on Jonghyun for protection. But the older tried to understand the cause of it all -- him cheating with Jessica. Trust, once broken, can be hard to attain again.

The brunette exhaled heavily and gradually took a few steps backward until his behind landed on the soft bed once again. For a few seconds, he tried to even his breathing and calm his temper.

"C'mere, Bummie." Jonghyun eyed the younger and extended his hand, motioning Kibum to come closer.

Kibum, not wanting to ruin their morning further, obeyed and took baby steps until his wrist was gently grabbed by the singer. Jonghyun cradled the model on his lap, drawing soothing circles on his back and placing his chin on Kibum's shoulder -- he decided it was his favorite place next to Kibum's lips.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just... upset."

"Why? A-are you jealous of me kissing Jessica-noona?" The blonde-haired boy cautiously questioned while playing nervously with his fingers.

"Yes, I am." Jonghyun stated which made the younger frown and look down on his lap.

Kibum had thoughts of Jonghyun wanting to get back with Jessica again so he attempted to stand up but the older only pulled him back.

"You didn't let me finish." The singer continued and caressed Kibum's cheek, delicately forcing him to look him in the eyes. "I'm jealous of her and of Onew-hyung."

Jonghyun placed a kiss on Kibum's forehead -- the only place he was allowed to kiss after being friend-zoned.

"Don't ask Onew-hyung for help; don't look for him when you need something. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere. Me, not Onew-hyung. Understood?"

Kibum blushed but nodded anyway.

"Don't let anyone touch your lips, not even for work. If you feel like kissing someone, my lips are always available." Jonghyun winked and smiled that crooked smile that the model loved so much.

"Ya!" The younger playfully slapped the singer's arm and giggled.

The rest of the hour was spent with them preparing to leave, a mixture of giggles and skinship, unspoken thoughts of their hearts,

...and Kibum wearing the colorful band of love as they head out.

 

 

 

 

"It's been a while, Jonghyun-ah. How are you doing?" Key's manager immediately asked the moment Jonghyun stepped inside the van.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hyung. I'm doing fine now, actually. How 'bout you, Hyung? Is Bummie giving you any troubles?" Jonghyun cheerily mouthed which earned him a good slap on the arm.

"I do not!" Kibum shot daggers at the singer.

The model's manager chuckled, peeking at the two from the rear view mirror.

"He's right, Jonghyun-ah. Key's too well-behaved. I'm glad you're back, though. It's nice to see some color on that pale kid's cheeks again."

Kibum looked outside the tinted window, willing the blood that was crawling up his cheeks to go back down. The singer was glad to have known this fact from someone who was with the younger during the times when he wasn't.

So I still have that effect on him?
Jonghyun thought as he stared at Kibum's reflection.

The singer reached across Kibum's seat and looked at his side of the window. Slowly, he placed his hand atop the younger's. Kibum eyed the older skeptically but all he saw was a wide smile tugging the corner of the singer's lips. Jonghyun flipped Kibum's hand and laced their fingers together. The whole ride was silent as the simple gesture already rendered both of them speechless.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun had insisted on coming with Kibum on the set, saying his rehearsals didn't start until after lunch time is over. The SM artist had to part with the model for a while, though, for he needed to contact his manager and tell him to bring in his clothes for the rehearsals. As soon as Kibum stepped inside the secluded area of the building where numerous lights, cameras, speakers, boom microphones, and cables were installed, his body tensed. It was nothing different from that when filming a commercial film, except things were bigger. The number of the production cameras was doubled, capturing every angle possible.

Kibum gulped nervously. This was no laughing matter; there was no way he could make up an excuse for not doing the unnecessary -- as he'd like to put it -- scene. It would cause him his reputation and not to mention the scolding his agency would give him.

"Hey, Key!" Yunhee waved to the model from a distance, her other hand carrying a medium-sized, rectangular kit full of cosmetics.

Kibum waved back and smiled, wondering why his stylist didn't ride with them on her way there. Yunhee gently pulled him by the hand and brought him to his dressing room where all the other coordi-noonas were already busy arranging his outfits and accessories. He greeted them and bowed before taking his place on the black swivel chair with a large mirror in front of him.

"Hey, kid, what would you like to eat?" His manager -- who had just entered the room -- asked, knowing that the model didn't have anything in his stomach yet.

"Did I have a burger or kimbap yesterday?" He questioned, forgetting what he had asked his manager to get him the day before.

"You had kimbap, Key."

"Then I'll have a burger today, Hyung. Thank you."

It has become a routine for the model -- either he'd get those nicely rolled rice or one of those meaty sandwiches. He was too busy to have a proper meal and as much as his manager hated this, they both knew there weren't any other options. It gave Kibum a reason not to go on diets and exercises, though, for the calorie intake was less than minimum already.

"No need for that, Hyung! Hello, everybody!" Jonghyun walked in, carrying two plastic bags and greeting everyone in the room ever so loudly. Everyone's eyes were on him as he placed one of the bags on the waist-high table situated in the middle of the room. "I bought coffee for everyone. Please help yourselves."

The noonas squealed in delight as their ears heard about the much needed coffee. They mouthed a couple of thank you's and compliments to the singer before happily digging in for their share of caffeine. Jonghyun wasn't a new face to them for he often treated those who took care of Kibum with gratefulness even when the younger was just starting out.

The singer handed a bento to Kibum's manager with a wide smile and received another thank you. The blonde model watched the older with wide eyes as Jonghyun pulled a chair and placed it beside him sitting on it while he set the remaining plastic bag on the vanity table.

"Now, shall we eat?" Jonghyun flashed his crooked smile to the younger and brought out two large bentos from the bag.

"What do you think you're doing, Jjong?" Kibum half-whispered.

"Feeding you, of course." The older answered while setting the food and chopsticks out. He broke them into two and picked a piece of tempura, placing his other hand underneath to block the crumbs from falling on the ground.

"Say ah~" Kibum's eyes darted around the room, eyeing the coordi-noonas who were giggling at Jonghyun and him. A blush crept up his cheeks as he turned his attention back to the piece of shrimp before him.

What was Jonghyun doing? Didn't he know he was prone to scandals?

Kibum nibbled on his lip and breathed out heavily when he figured the singer wouldn't let him off. He finally leaned forward and captured the food in between his lips, chewing shyly while the culprit grinned in victory. He quickly covered his face with his hands which made everyone in the room mouth an 'aww' in unison, including Yunhee and his manager.

Fortunately for Kibum, the coordi-noonas finished their hot drinks pretty fast in order to proceed with their tasks at hand. He had tried to take the chopsticks from Jonghyun, complaining to no end how he owned a pair of hands and he ought to use them to feed himself. But of course, nobody was as stubborn as Jonghyun. The older kept feeding the model with rice, too much rice if you had to ask Kibum.

"Jjong, I'm going to get fat. I need to watch what I eat."

"You think I don't know that, Bummie? I'm an idol. I watch my weight, too." Jonghyun had to pause to feed the whiny model some kimchi. "But you said it yourself, health should be valued."

The younger only sighed in return; completely speechless as he was the one who imposed on eating healthily. He wasn't complaining internally, though. He loved this Jonghyun -- caring, loving, and full of surprises. The Jonghyun he knew finally came back. No more cold, lonely nights. No more lipstick stains.

After stuffing their stomachs with food, Jonghyun was told to sit on the black couch if he wanted so bad to stay by the blonde lad's side. Of course, a train of protests rushed in, but when Kibum told him to do what the noonas ordered, the singer could only pout, slump his back, and sit abidingly.

Jonghyun watched as Yunhee padded the younger with make-up, once using an expensive concealer to cover Kibum's little scar on his left cheek, just below his eye. The brunette frowned, as he watched the scar being covered up until it was barely noticeable. Jonghyun wondered what was so wrong with that scar that they had to cover it up, just like what his own stylist did with the mole on his chest. He found Kibum's scar beautiful, an asset that should be flaunted. It may be an imperfection in the eyes of others, but it was an imperfection that Jonghyun found perfect. Kibum's flaws had always been Jonghyun's favorites, he just forgot. And now that he was given another chance to admire them again, he was upset that he had to see that pretty scar beneath layers of make-up.

He, after all, knew how the model ended up with it.

A light tapping of knuckles was heard and the last person that Jonghyun wanted to see peeked her head in, a smile gracing her lips. Her eyes immediately landed on the nest of blonde curls being pampered on a swivel chair. She excitedly sauntered across the room, completely oblivious of her ex-lover's presence.

Jonghyun, however, had his stomach twisting in apprehension as the sound of her rubber, fruit-decorated flip flops echoed across the room.  It wasn't really a situation he ever wished of being stuck in.

"Hey, Key!" Her high-pitched yet sweet voice reached Kibum, who had his eyes closed because Yunhee was brushing a slightly dark brown on his eyelids.

Yunhee stopped her actions while Kibum fluttered his eyes open at the sound of a painfully familiar voice. The last time he had an encounter with her was when he visited a broadcasting station and that alone wasn't too much of a happy memory. If he may, he’d send that nightmare into a trash bin and incinerate it.

He eyed her with his cat-like orbs, almost forgetting to breathe when he realized how beautiful she was even with only a white button-up, long-sleeved polo for men and a denim shorts. She was already dressed for their first scene – which involved a white mattress. Her hair was no longer an outstanding color of blonde but it was dyed a natural, dark brown which hung loosely on her shoulders. She was a natural beauty that even Kibum was left breathless. The model eyed Jonghyun in the corner of his eyes and felt his heart suddenly clench.

“Hi, Jessica-noona.” Kibum softly answered, carefully getting on his feet to greet her with a respectful bow.

“Oh, no, no, no! You don’t have to greet me so formally, Key!”

Jessica dismissed the model and pushed lightly on his shoulder to get him back on his seat. She admired Kibum too much to draw a line between a senior and junior in the industry, even if the younger excelled in a different field.

“You look… nice!”

The blonde’s cheeks heated up from the compliment, trying to cover his embarrassment with his dimpled smile while stuttering a ‘thank you’. Jessica gave him a once-0ver, not because she was romantically attracted to him but because she believed Kibum would look good in anything. And she was right. The model did look good in what he was wearing. She noted how the shy model’s white v-neck showed off his alluring collarbones, how the faded blue skinny jeans hugged his slim legs perfectly, and how those cute, pinkish toes curled at the coldness of the floor. She felt like putting him in her pocket and keeping him there.

“Y-you look nice, too, Noona.” The younger mouthed, saying the fact out loud.

He should be hating on her, he should be furious. But he wasn’t, all because she was too nice to be hated. He just couldn’t bring himself to get mad at her, not even after hearing those groans and moans from Jonghyun’s cell phone. She was a innocent, Kibum thought.

“Are you almost done? I wanted to talk to you before we film.” The petite lead vocalist asked sweetly.

Yunhee was the one to answer her with a ‘yes’ and asked her to wait by the couch.

Bad idea.

The instant she turned towards the couch, she was met by round, brown orbs that used to hold her being together more than gravity did. She thought of retreating, of running out the door. During SM Town rehearsals, they worked on separate rooms. Their preparations were of different schedules. They haven’t got to the point where the rehearsals needed to be done altogether. It was just their first week and she was thankful for that… until now. Of course he would be at Kibum’s dressing room. He was his best friend. At least that was what she wanted to believe.

Their break-up wasn’t exactly ideal and the worst thing was, it ended up with her being the mistress.

She still loved him -- that she can admit, but not in front of him. She still has her pride and dignity.

So she faked a smile, raising a hand to greet him.

“Hey, Jonghyun.” Jessica tried to say his name without breaking down.

“Hey.” Jonghyun smiled back, throwing a worried glance at Kibum as the female sat down on the couch next to him but with an obvious gap in between them.

The three of them felt the need to escape. None of them wanted to be there -- not when the cause of the other’s broken heart was in the same room. The intensity in the air was thick, and Yunhee felt it. The make-up artist envied the other stylists who already went out of the room and in the set, some gathering other things from the van. She never knew the reason behind the three’s unspoken tension, but she felt that it was too deep to make all of them not utter a word.

With a last on Kibum’s cheeks, she placed the products on the vanity table and gave the model a last look.

“There, you’re good to go, Key-ah. Just try not to ruin it before the filming.”

Kibum smiled cutely and thanked Yunhee for her hard work, vowing not to do anything outrageous for the sake of his make-up. The stylist glanced at her wrist watch before facing the two agonizingly tensed souls on the couch and telling them they still have exactly twenty-one minutes to talk whatever it was they were supposed to talk about. Truth be told, Yunhee was just glad to have finally escaped from that unbearable tension.

When the door closed, Jonghyun immediately stood up and walked to the corner of the room, crouching a little to pick something up. Both Kibum and Jessica eyed him skeptically as he made his way in front of  the model and kneeled. He smiled when he saw the model’s rose-tinted toes and playfully pinching each and every one.

Jessica glanced down at her own two feet with her brows creased.

Jonghyun never did silly stuff like that with me before...

“Y-yah, Jjongie! That t-tickles!” The younger wiggled his toes in attempt to escape the wrath of Jonghyun’s fingers.

Just like that, they succumbed in their own little world, completely forgetting about the presence of another being. She was smiling, too, at the sight of two best friends playing carelessly as if problems haven’t plagued their lives.

Sekyung got it all wrong, her mind reprimanded. Everything she said was a lie.

“Stop i-it, Jjongie!”

“Alright, alright.”

Jessica snapped out of her thoughts and focused her attention back on the two giggling males in front of her. She watched carefully as Jonghyun placed Kibum’s feet on his lap before slipping in the pink flip flops and pinching the younger’s toes one last time. She wanted so bad to believe that Sekyung’s words were a bunch of lies.

Jonghyun finally stood up and leaned back on Kibum’s vanity table, bringing the model’s hand on his lap and playing with the colorful band. The female artist didn't fail to notice this as her eyes slightly widened when she saw that there wasn't only one ring but two -- the other slipped on Jonghyun's ring finger.

Couple rings? Maybe they just bought it as best friend rings, she thought to herself to block out anything of Sekyung's words.

“Jessica-noona, you wanted to talk to me about something?” The blonde lad faced Jessica; his head cutely tilted to the side which made Jonghyun reach out to pinch his cheek. Kibum whipped his head back and glared the older down before turning back to the brown-haired female.

“Oh, right…” She threw a glance at her ex-lover and sighed, deciding that he won’t leave anytime soon. The matter only involved work, so she might as well say it now before they ran out of minutes. “Are you okay with the script? It’s just a peck on the lips and I’m fine with it, but I want to make sure you are, too.”

“About that,” The brunette was the one who answered before Kibum could even think of a response. “I don’t think you should do it. If you want, I can help with persuading the director to just use the angle of the camera to make it look like you two kissed.”

Jessica was puzzled, not only because Jonghyun spoke instead of Kibum but also because of the desperate tone he used – like he’d do anything for that particular scene to disappear in thin air.

Is he jealous because I’m going to kiss another guy?

Is he envious of his best friend doing intimate scenes with me?

Her mind was full of questions, full of expectations. She still loved him, after all. She may be SNSD’s main vocalist and there may be thousands of men lined up just to have her, but she was just a lady in love. She has the right to keep her hopes up, the right to love the perfect man.

“I don’t think you should do it, either.” A new voice reverberated across the room with the sound of the door closing again.

“Rabbit!” Kibum pushed himself up from the chair and lunged at Jinki, looping his arms around his neck. “I missed you! I didn’t see you the whole week!”

The model really did miss the person who saved him from depression. The oldest has been busy with the final preparations of his comeback that even Kibum couldn’t get a hold of him.

And for the hundredth time, it seemed like the eye-smiling idol saved Kibum once again.

“I’m sorry, Kitty. You know how comebacks are.”

Kibum pouted and was about to say something when an angry Jonghyun yanked him away from the raven-haired idol. He had to make a mental note, though, to ask the model whether he liked Jinki’s new hairstyle – which was back from its original black color with bangs swept on the side – so that he could top it off when his comeback came.

“Hyung, you agree that the scene should be removed, right?” Jonghyun brought them back to the subject while sneakily placing Kibum behind him, away from his source of envy.

Jinki let out a light chuckle, shaking his head at his dongsaeng's eagerness. He wanted to point out to Jonghyun how obvious he was being, how obvious he was on not letting Kibum touch lips with another person that was not him. Instead of answering the shorter's desperate call for a back-up, he diverted his interest to the neglected female artist who was just sitting there and staring at the three of them. In all honesty, Jinki found it amusing that she was even able to stay in the same room as Jonghyun.

The oldest flashed Jessica his infamous smile, slipping both his hands inside his pockets and taking a step or two closer to her.

"Oppa." She greeted back with an innocent smile, somehow grateful that he acknowledged her presence. She didn't want to accept the voice at the back of her head yelling how she was starting to be left out by the two best friends. There was also the thought of how the oldest knew the model, but then she decided it wasn't exactly the perfect time to pry on their business.

"I don't think doing the kissing scene -- even if it's only a quick peck -- will do us any good," Jinki started and his dry lips before continuing. "Both your fans and Kibum's fans will start a riot if that particular scene's aired. I'll talk to the director about this. For now, focus on the first set of scenes and just enjoy work."

"Thank you, Oppa." Jessica sweetly mouthed, truly thankful for Jinki's decision. It was his music video, after all, and his opinions mattered.

Behind Jinki, two exceptionally ecstatic souls almost jumped at his words -- especially a short, brunette called Kim Jonghyun. The blonde model bit back a smile while the singer just let the uncontrollable grin paint his lips.

I'm still Yeobo's last kiss. , yeah!

     Phew, that was close. I really don't feel like kissing Jessica-noona.

          That went well. Now I don't have to worry about Jonghyun getting mad at Key for kissing me.

The three's thoughts were nowhere near in sync as the intention of the other was misunderstood by another. Geometrically, they formed a broken triangle -- with an invisible line to support the female's name.

She was full of hope that she failed to see the spark between the so-called 'best friends' in front of her.

 

 

 

 

"--and action!"

The director's voice echoed through the megaphone in time with the snapping of the slate. Bright lights and boom microphones lowered stealthily on top of the beautifully-arranged bedroom set as the cameras rolled to capture every smile and every loving movement done by the male and female in the mattress. The set was decorated in white -- blankets, pillows, the made-up window.

"Let's just enjoy this, Key, just like Onew-oppa said." Jessica lowly said when she felt the younger model tensed. "Shall we play?"

Kibum smiled genuinely at her and thanked her internally because really, there was nothing more awkward than having to act like a couple with your ex-lover's mistress. But there was just something about her that made Kibum not hate her. Pillows were thrown and smiles shown, they truthfully enjoyed the feigned play. As Jinki's comeback track played on the background, the saccharine atmosphere turned their moods up.

I wanna hold you forever
I wanna feel you more
With all my love, I send you a kiss

As the song reached the end of a verse, another instruction boomed from the megaphone.

"Transitionally lean on the headboard, Key-ssi, and pull her gently with you."

Kibum smiled widely, his cute dimples showing and doing what he was told. He was working like a professional should, and to be honest, he was actually comfortable for the first time since he met Jessica. His back hit the end of the bed and gently positioned Jessica between his legs so that her back was leaning against his chest.

He couldn't be more thankful to her for not making it more difficult for him than it already was.
He was delighted to work with someone as nice as her.

But Jonghyun wasn't.

Jonghyun had his teeth sinking deep into his lower lip, the copper-like taste of blood almost reaching his taste buds. His eyes burned as Kibum's hand touched Jessica's and his fists clenched as the model's arms enclosed around the brown-haired female. He was being possessive for the wrong reasons, and he knew it.

It's just work, he repeated in his head.

I just want you, if you are with me
I don't need anything else
I just need  you, your everything
I love you, always I'll be by your side
Kiss, kiss, kiss always

"--place a soft kiss on Jessica-ssi's right temple, on cue--"

Jonghyun snapped out of his mind-chanting and whipped his head back on the scene before him.

"Wha-what? Hyung! I thought you talked them out of it!" He angrily turned to his left where Jinki was casually standing, arms folded against his chest.

"I did, but the song just can't be without a kiss, or so the director says. They removed the kiss on the lips, Jonghyun-ah, and just settled for kisses on the cheek, the temple, and the nose." The oldest nonchalantly answered with his gaze still focused on the set.

"But that's the same as a kiss on the lips! Hyung!" Jonghyun continued to whine.

Jinki just shrugged him off and pretended to hear nothing.

The brunette stomped his foot like a kid and looked back at the bed where 'his' Kibum was flirting shamelessly with Jessica.

 

 

 

 

"--and cut! We'll have our lunch break then continue with the rest of the scenes after."

Jonghyun tapped his foot angrily and impatiently, his arms tightly crossed over his heaving chest. He eyed as Kibum put one arm at the back of Jessica's knees and one to support her waist before lifting her delicately off his lap and on the mattress. He was literally burning a hole in the younger's pretty face and it didn't help that Kibum was so indifferent about it.

The model wasn't supposed to act manly, ever. In Jonghyun's eyes, the younger was his baby. The older was supposed to spoil him with sweet nothings, but here he was, watching as Kibum act all gentlemanly towards a girl. And to make matters worse, he used to be with that girl. He used to be blinded by that girl. Used to.

As Kibum and Jessica walked out of the set with huge smiles on their faces, Jonghyun blocked their way and huffed. He glared at the younger for a good three seconds before Jessica finally decided to break the tension.

"Oh, Jjong, you're still here." Her too-sweet voice almost made Jonghyun flinch.

"Uh, yeah. Rehearsals don't start 'til after lunch break." The solo artist monotonously responded, glancing at her for a short second before glaring Kibum back down.

Oh my, he's jealous of Kibum, isn't he?

Jessica felt a warm feeling crawl up to her cheeks as the thoughts of Jonghyun still having feelings for her crossed her mind. That little spark of hope that the male still wanted her sprung back to life and her pledge of not falling for him all over again was tossed away somewhere in Nederland. Memories of being with him made her face flush even more -- their secret escapades, the way their fingers laced together under the table during company meetings, their knowing smiles whenever they pass each other on music shows.

She just couldn't deactivate her love for him within a blink of an eye. Yes, love.

But all those memories turned into ashes when Jonghyun grabbed Kibum's wrist gently and wrapped an arm around his waist. The brunette caressed his spine soothingly and started whispering sugary words to make ammends for something that Jessica wasn't even aware of.

"Did it go well, Bummie?" Jonghyun's serene voice rang in her ears as she witnessed the scene beside her.

Her mind was full of unanswered questions while the beating in her chest grew harder. She took a step back to analyze what was going on, looking back and forth as Kibum nodded with a smile against the crook of Jonghyun's neck. When they pulled back, Jonghyun's hand automatically found its way on Kibum's, entwining them together like it was the most natural thing to do between best friends of the same gender.

Kibum turned a little -- his perfect set of teeth showcased in a smile -- before adorably tilting his head to the side while looking at Jessica. "We're having lunch with Ra--Jinki, Jessica-noona. We still haven't decided where, but do you want to come with us?"

Her senses were almost out of her reach and before she knew it, the words were already out there and even her couldn't take them back.

"Sure! I live only a few blocks from here, I'll cook for us! Jonghyun knows where it is, I used to cook for him every night for dinner. Right, Jjongie?"

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Hello. Can I just jump and scream and pull my hair out and scream again? Because, hell...
This story has reached 202 subscribers!

You people are just amazing and beautiful and all sugar and spice and...
THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH.

And I purposely wrote a 5,614-long chapter to make it up to you, since I rarely update - unlike other authors who post a chapter daily or every other day. :<

SHINee's 4th Year Anniversary is just around the corner, who's excited? *Raises both hands*

Oh, by the way, I demand you read this Hunhan fic this instant! It's called Original Cliché and it's just so amazing and wonderful and great and very well-written and just... PLEASE. You have to read it. Even if you don't ship Hunhan, you'd be amaze at how great this fiction is, and I'm not even kidding one bit. It's probably the best fic I've read so far. SERIOUSLY. Just imagine Hunhan as your OTP if you don't ship them, 'cause really, you don't want to miss out by not reading this.

Also, I may not be able to greet our dear SHINee a happy anniversary on the 25th, so I'm greeting them in advance:
HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY, DEAR SHINEE!

Please continue to take care of Key-baby for all Lockets. :">