This isn't payback.

Waking up without you.

 

 

 

[ Jonghyun ]

 

I stood there, completely lost.

What just happened?

"Great. Because of you, I'm stuck here for the rest of the day! Stupid mongrel."
The skinny brat's whining reached me from behind as he turned back to the living room.

How dare he blame this all on me? He was the one who started it!

I walked past the living room, hearing the faint sound coming from the television, and stepped into the kitchen to do the dishes. As much as I hate doing chores, I know very well how much of a neat freak you are. And since my luck of ever talking things out with you just flew out the window, I might as well do something productive to kiss up.

While my hands were doing their job -- okay, maybe that came out wrong, my mind started to wander off. The faint blush on your cheeks when Onew was touching you... what caused it?

The unusual treatment you gave me, the avoidance of eye contact, the way you flinched when I touched you... what were you trying to hint?

. The frustration of not knowing what goes through that head of yours was killing me. If I hadn't messed up by arguing pointlessly with that brat, I could have told you everything.

I could have told you about me ending it with her. I could have changed your mind about leaving me.

I could have.

"The water's running, mongrel."

I didn't realize that I was spacing out until I turned to my left where the brat was casually leaning on the counter. The sound of water hitting the tiles of the sink caused my to panic as I quickly twisted the faucet off. Placing the last pair of silver chopsticks in the utensil drawer, I reached for the hand towel that was hanging by the cupboard handle and dried my hands.

With a slightly slumped back and a hand on my hip, I chewed on my lip and angled to face Seunghyun.

"What?"
The spoiled guitarist jerked back, no longer leaning forward, when he caught my vision.

I did say I'll get you back, did I not?
If I wanted you back in my arms, hurting my pride was inevitable.

Onew can sweep any girl off her feet if he wanted to, same goes for guys. As far as my memory knew, he was attracted to the opposite . But from what I've witnessed just half an hour ago, your innocent charms might have pierced through his fences. The same thing you did to me.

I was as straight as a pole, until you came strutting those hips in the most illegal way possible.

And if you think I'd let anyone get anywhere near your heart, then think again.

"You want to spend the day with Key, correct?"
I started, my determination slowly peaking.

"If it wasn't that obvious. But even if I wanted to, they probably left by now."
He rolled his eyes, a habit he must have caught after spending much time with you.

"I'm assuming you know the athlete's address."

"And what if I do? It's not like I can get there anyway. I don't have a car yet."

"But I do."
I grinned, already proclaiming my victory.

He pondered for a few seconds, weighing his options before finally sighing in defeat.

"Just so you know, I still hate you, mongrel."

"Hate you, too, brat."

Excitement coursed through my body as I sprinted off to your bedroom to get some clothes from my bag and take them with me to the bathroom. If I wanted to get you back, might as well do it handsomely.

After finally pulling out some decent clothes, I stood up from crouching on the carpeted floor but stopped any further movements when a photo frame grabbed my attention. My hand picked it up involuntarily and brought it to eye-level.

I smiled upon seeing the photo, your precious smile matched that of your much loved grandmother who was next to you in the picture. You often told me stories about her -- may it be funny, sweet, or upsetting. The affection you have for her was extraordinary. I placed the frame back and scanned the room for the first time since I hadn't got the chance when I was busy taking care of you. The long, sliding windows covered by elegant silk curtains of white and gray, a vanity table and a bedside table placed on either side of the white queen bed, a petite, round table made of wood situated a few feet away from the foot of the bed with a princess chair right by it, a four-feet antique lamp placed at the corner of the room to create a relaxing ambiance.

Everything in the room screamed 'Key'. Unlike the bedroom we used to share at my place -- it was empty, hollow.

There was something else that caught my eyes, though. The pile of Polaroid pictures creatively glued on the wall with colorful post-its in between attracted me. But as soon as I got closer, I started to blame my clear eyesight. My eyes darted from one picture to another -- searching, identifying, hoping.

I looked at each and every single one, reading the neat, handwritten captions only to anger myself more. Not even two months and you were already making me feel like a total . My insides were shaking in pure envy as my brain cells processed the name of the man you were with: Lee Jinki.

Sure, the skinny brat's face appeared on a few pictures, but the majority went to my very good friend whose gentleness couldn't be denied. I tried looking for a single photo with me and you in it, but there was none.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled a lungful of air to help clear my thoughts. At that moment, I felt it.

I felt replaceable.

Funny. Didn't I think of the same way about you when I was still blinded by my lust for her?
Karma really is a , stabbing me from behind when I least expect it.

Either way, I've decided to get you back and that was what I intended to do.

I'll even die trying.

With hurried steps, I headed to the bathroom for a quick shower that hopefully would help me think through this I brought upon myself. After a good fifteen minutes, I dried myself off, got dressed, and finally packed my stuff, not even bothering with make up that was a must for an idol. I didn't care anymore as long as I get to you. The sooner, the better.

When I got to the living room, I found Seunghyun lazing on the couch staring off into space. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes, a displeased look written all over his face.

"You're exactly like Kibummie, you know that? Half an hour, mongrel? Really?"

"Shut up before I start pulling the strings off your precious instrument."

 

 

 

 

 

[ Key ]

 

 

"Kitty, I understand that you're very fond of Taemin, but did you really have to buy this much?"

I ignored his never-ending complaints and kept walking ahead of him with the box of chocolate cake in my arms. We finally arrived at the Choi's front porch; the beautiful stoned path leading to the white door was breathtaking. As I take step after step, I couldn't help but admire the bright-colored blooming flowers surrounding the crooked pathway. Butterflies danced gracefully around the sunflowers while the bees busied themselves in sipping nectars after nectars. The garden was well-kept, proven by how green the grasses were.

Unlike the rest of us, Minho still lived with his parents and his older brother, Jonghun -- thought the lead guitarist found himself staying at their dorm more often than not because of FT Island's killer schedule. Minho mentioned once that his parents were planning to move into a bigger house with a spacious backyard and one that was surrounded by an ocean of flowers. And so they did. His mother was in love with flowers, the very reason she became a well-known florist. This was the first time I visited them ever since they moved in three months ago.

It would have been nice to live with my family, too, but seeing how my father has a very successful and stable career at Daegu, I could only wish them well. I should really pay them a visit one of these days.

The thing I felt more envious, though, was Minho's undying love for Taemin. As cheesy as it sounded, it was a fact.

"Key-umma!"

Yes, the bull frog kidnapped the youngest in his household. He loves Taemin too much to live a day without him. In one of the conversations I had with Minho, I have come to know that both his parents -- including his brother -- adored the feminine model.

"Hi, Tae-baby."
I welcomed the long-haired lad with an open arm, the other holding the box of cake in place.

As soon as the pad of my thumb came in contact with the doorbell, Taemin swung the door open and threw his skinny-yet-lean arms around my neck. It surprised me to see him wearing a yellow, banana-printed apron over his gray skinnies and white v-neck shirt. Nonetheless, he still looked beautiful -- his auburn extensions enhancing his already perfect features more. When he loosened his vice-like grip, he stared at my face with a huge smile like it was his first time seeing it.

He pressed his palms on either side of my face and pushed them together, squishing as he did.

"You look a lot better than last time, Key-umma."

I just nodded and released a knowing smile.

It wasn't a lie. I have been feeling a lot better lately and the stylist noonas also commented about my skin beeing smoother (but they'll probably murder me now that I have a very small bruise on my cheek because of you).

"I'm standing right here, in case you failed to notice."

Taemin chuckled when he spotted Onew struggling with the plastic bags. The youngest grew attached to Onew's calm and gentle personality since that one time we endorsed some junk food with him a few weeks back. The model looked at me with questioning eyes and I understood instantly what he was about to ask.

"I bought you two dozens of them."

An ear-splitting squeal startled the whole neighborhood as Taemin ran to take the bags of banana milk cartons from Onew, muttering a thousand thank you's as soon as he laid eyes on them. It was still hard to grasp the fact that this little ball of energy right here was my fierce co-model, walking the runways for over a year now.

"Where's your boring boyfriend, Baby?"
I inquired, suddenly remembering why Minho didn't come to answer the door with Taemin.

"Oh, he's in the kitchen, umma. I told him to cut some carrots for the curry, make himself useful. Let's go inside~"
Taemin brightly answered, already sipping from the straw poked on his first love -- the amazing banana milk.

I gave Onew a smile as he again was given the task to carry the bags all the way to the kitchen. We trailed after the energetic red-head as he made a beeline to the living room but stopped when he did, his body stiffening slightly before turning around to look at us.

"Key-umma, you love me, right?"
He popped an out-of-the-blue question with his eyes boring hard into mine.

"What's with the sudden question, Taemin-ah?"
I closed our distance and gently pulled him into a warm hug. It bothered me to hear something like this from him, the fear of rejection glistening in his big brown eyes.
"Of course, I love you, silly."

"Do you promise to NOT have a son other than me?"

Eh?

Another son?

He pushed onto my chest slightly so his words were now clear and not muffled, looking at me without blinking.

"You have to pinky promise."

I agreed with a nod even though confusion was eating me alive. He raised a pinky as I did, too, and linked them together like a four-year-old would do. His bright smile returned almost instantly and resumed drinking his milk. He led us to the living room, my mouth has formed a permanent 'o' because of the simple yet enticing interior of the house. The wallpapers were of light pastels, giving you the feeling of a classic beach house with wooden yet carpeted floor. Paintings of flowers were hung prettily along the walls of the hallway.

When we reached the living room, Taemin leaned over from the back of the long beige couch, making both Onew and I to look at each other with big question marks above our heads. The old rabbit shrugged, just as clueless as I was.

"You can come out now, Minki-ah! Key-umma promised he will never replace me~"

I furrowed my eyebrows in curiosity and almost jumped when a bundle of blonde hair peaked out from the couch. Half of his -- or her? -- face still hidden behind the couch, round eyes staring at me before finally standing up. With small steps, he -- or she? -- walked up to me and tugged on the hem of my shirt, gaze still fixed on mine.

"Key-umma? My name is Choi Minki, but you can call me Ren because my company said so. I'm Minho-hyung's cousin. Pleased to meet you!"

A boy.
I laughed bitterly inside as I remembered the very first time I met Taemin -- putting women's beauty to shame.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Ren."
I mouthed sweetly and petted his hair. The kid looked so cute I felt like keeping him in my pocket.

Then he smiled.

And unconsciously, I found myself smiling, too.

"Minki-ah! It's Key-HYUNG! Only I can call him Key-umma, understood?"
An obviously jealous Taemin had his hands on his hips as he reprimanded Ren. From the looks of it, Taemin was no longer the baby of the house.

I heard Onew chuckle beside me which made Ren dart his attention from me to him.

"...Onew-appa?"

My eyes grew twice the diameter of a plate, same went with Onew and Taemin.

"I saw your live performances and even bought your records! I'm going to be your hoobae soon, please take care of me well, sunbaenim!"
Ren gave the old hare a ninety-degree bow, surprising the three of us.

Onew returned his greeting with a bow, only an angle higher to signify his seniority. Their little senior-junior introduction was cut short when Taemin tugged on Ren's wrist, whispering words like he 'shouldn't call him appa because Jonghyun-appa is it'.

I kept myself from rolling my eyes at them and just pulled Onew with me until we ended up in the kitchen. The older placed the plastic bags on the kitchen counter while I did the same with the box of cake. I sneakily walked behind who seemed engrossed in washing the vegetables on the sink. I snickered as I poked both his sides making him jump a little in surprise and turn around.

"Kim Kibum!"
He smiled as soon as he saw me and gave me a hug for a greeting. When he pulled away, I noticed that he, too, was wearing an apron, only it was of the color green. His light brown, side-swept locks almost made me forget that he was an athlete instead of an idol.
"You came! Hey, Onew-hyung."

He walked over to Onew who was smiling like an idiot -- probably because the room reeked of chicken -- and bumped knuckles with him. I once questioned both of them how they came to know each other, but then I remembered how you and Onew were idols and the tall athlete was the brother of FT Island's lead guitarist.

"You look good in an apron, Minho-ah."
I teased, the urge to comment on his 'submissive boyfriend' look was just too much to resist.

"Yeah, zip it, Key. Where's that sneaky little dancer anyway? He left me to do all the cooking!"

"He's busy teaching Ren who to call 'appa' since apparently, he still wants it to be him."
I nonchalantly replied while nibbling on a grape I plucked from the fruit basket.

"He's jealous of my cousin, you know. He thinks Minki's taking his spot as the cute and loveable maknae."
Minho laughed lightheartedly at his own words which I nodded to. When the laughter died down, he his bottom lip and met eyes with me.
"You okay now?"

"Yeah, so stop worrying or you'll go bald. A hairless athlete."

It was as if words left unsaid spoke louder when it came to us. I was grateful that he knew me well enough not to stay on the subject for long.

The morning went on with Minho and I catching up in the kitchen while the three kids -- that includes the hare -- entertain themselves with video games and silly arguments that always started when one particular sentence was mentioned: 'My Onew-appa/Jonghyun-appa is better'.

During the talk with my big-eyed friend, I told him the small incident at my apartment and without second thoughts, he clearly expressed his disapproval of you being near me again. There was a distinct line between you being his friend and you being the one who hurt me.

Lucky enough for you, there was still one person who was rooting for you -- Lee Taemin.

The couple even had to weigh the pros and cons, the possibilities and impossibilities, the better and best just to prove to the other their point. The innocent rabbit had no choice but to be dragged down to the couple's debate. It was a surprise that Jonghun, who I was informed was sleeping soundly upstairs in his room, wasn't bothered by the noises.

In the middle of the chaotic conversation, Ren walked in the kitchen with his blonde hair in a messy bun.

"Taemin-hyung, there's someone at the door~"
He informed, a lollipop stuck inside his mouth and bulging on his cheek.

A sigh of relief left my lips, the tension between the lovers finally gone. I stood up from the stool and grabbed the plates from Taemin's hands.

"Where you expecting someone?"
I asked out of curiosity.

"Not that we know of, umma."
Taemin huffed before wiping his hands on a hand towel.

"Go. I'll set the table so we can have lunch already."
I shooed him away and finally turned down the hallway.

"Ren, can you call Onew-hyung to the table so we can eat?"

The adorable pouty-lipped kid happily obeyed, skipping as he went to fetch the lazy old rabbit who was currently taking a nap in the living room.

"Onew-appa, Onew-appa, get Onew-appa..."
Ren, the cutest thing I have ever seen next to Taemin, chanted on his way.

If I don't die from Taemin's cuteness, I'd surely do with Ren.

Unknowingly, a smile crept on my lips and Minho caught it.

"Should I get another son?"

"Unless you want Taemin to go berserk, then I suggest you refrain from having such thoughts."
Minho chuckled, covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I'll get your brother to wake up for lunch."
Minho nodded as I maneuvered my way out of the dining area and up to Jonghun's room.

The guitarist's room wasn't that hard to locate, not like what I initially thought. His door was of a different shade than the others -- a bright red with FT Island's poster glued on it. Yup, always the conceited one, Choi Jonghun. I tapped my knuckles against the door, praying earnestly for the heavy sleeper to at least have the decency of waking up since it was already past noon.

A minute, two minutes, three minutes...

No response.

I sighed. I should have expected this from him. A slight hesitation caused me to pause but decided against it and twisted the knob open, revealing a half- man lying flat on his stomach with the sheets covering his torso. It was near one in the afternoon and to be honest, I was starving. So I did what was needed to be done -- putting all my weight on him by sitting on him.

The room was echoed with groans and whines for the next ten minutes until I finally succeeded in waking the hell out of him. I got pulled down on the bed harshly and that was when I realized that Jonghun spending too much time with his blood type AB friends, popularly known as the chocoballs, wasn't such a good idea.

After my great battle with Jonghun's blankets, we made it out of his room and downstairs to the dining room. And just as I thought my day couldn't possible get any worse, fate played a not-so-funny game on me.

"Kibummie!"

I should have questioned your his and your appearance.

I should have sounded surprised upon seeing the two of you, upon seeing you for the second time that day.

I should have asked Minho to kick you out.

I should have.

Yet I didn't.

Because some part of me was expecting you to come. It was an implanted instinct. I was not born with it, but it grew like a dangerous tumor when I fell in love with you.

Call me bipolar and y, but there was only one way to avoid falling for your spell again.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't payback.

Just... claiming what I'm worth.

 

 

 

 

[ Jonghyun ]

 

That was the longest ride of my life. If I so much as lost my patience while my hands were in control of the stirring wheel, I wouldn't have made it out alive. This... this uncoordinated guitarist just ticked me off!

But none of those useless bickering mattered anymore the moment I locked gazes with you. I've made up my mind -- I'd definitely get you to talk to me, ready or not.

Something was off, though. The sweet aura you emitted earlier in your flat was long gone.

The seat next to me was purposely left vacant for you, but then you took the one next to the kid named Ren. Jonghun had no choice but to plop down on the chair next to me. Avoidance. That was what you were doing.

There was an uncomfortable silence as we ate, the thick air almost made me regret following you here, but all those negative thoughts escaped my mind just as soon as they entered. I was determined, to say the least. Determined to have you know that I ended it with her, that I would do anything to start over with you.

The only problem with my terrific determination was my lack of plans. Will be able to have a moment alone with you?

Everybody finished eating their meal and one by one, they started to disperse -- Jonghun and that annoying brat left to have a jamming session in his room, Taemin and Ren proceeded in the living room for a movie, and you and Onew went out to admire the beautiful garden of the Choi's.

That left me with Minho -- a 91-liner, your ally. My new anti, Choi Minho.

I gulped down the remaining water in my glass and opted to stand up when the overtowering star athlete sat across me on the table. There was no escaping, I was trapped. His flaming, charismatic glare bore a hole in my face, his arms crossed over his chest.

"What do you stil want with him?"

My hands were busy shaking under the table, cold sweat coming out of the tiny pores. Never in my life have I been intimidated by anybody, let along someone younger than me. Where were the words when you needed them the most? Having fun somewhere, betraying an abandoned puppy.

But if I don't stand up against Minho, then I would not be able to prove my sincerity of having you back.

"Every piece of him, I want all of it. I want him back."
I stated firmly, a little surprised because of the steadiness of my voice.

I noticed him knit his eyebrows, a very bad omen. A cursed sign that I should have started digging my grave right then and there.

"I won't sugar-coat anything for you, hyung, because you don't deserve it."
He leaned his elbows on the edge of the table.
"Friendship aside, I won't let Key fall for your games thrice."

"T-thrice?"
I stuttered. Where did my confidence go?

"Must I remind you of Sekyung? That disgusting incident was one thing. Moving on, we have Jessica. That's twice of your shame, don't you think?"

I clenched my fists under the table, my teeth gnawing of anger. He pushed himself up, palms flat on the table.

"Keep your filthy hands from Key. Don't say I didn't warn you."

A screeching sound bounced across the room as his chair was pushed backwards in his attempt to walk out. Before he could turn to the corner, words involuntarily escaped my mouth.

"Try and stop me. But I love him too much to lose him."

He paused in his tracks and smirked. Oh, how I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face if only I wasn't at fault.

"The 91-line will always be watching. Think before you speak, hyung."

 

 

The sun was slowly setting, the birds were flying back to their nests, yet the chance to have a moment alone with you seemed impossible. Not with Ren clinging onto you for dear life. Literally. I watched from the couch as you and Taemin moved your hips along with the beat of the music. If that blonde kid with round eyes weren't clinging onto your waist, you would have enjoyed dancing more.

A frustrated sigh left my lips as the feeling of being invisible in your eyes enveloped me. Worse thing was, whenever I got near you, that Ren kid would should daggers towards my direction. He would throw a tantrum and call out his so-called 'Onew-appa' for help. There was no time for me to even get jealous since I was left out. I would have walked out of the house if it was not for Taemin, who apparently still believed in me.

If he can still see a spark between us, why can't you?

The sound of a mobile phone ringing brought me out of my tance and instantly, my attention landed on Onew who was already walking out of the room to answer the call. Even if I was being left out and isolated, I had endured it. The faule was mine and nobody else's.

You and Taemin finally grew tired of dancing and turned the stereo off. Seconds later, the SM artist came back, a troubled expression visible on his face. He sat down next to you on the carpeted floor, poking your arm to get your attention. And it did.

"What is it, Rabbit?"

Rabbit my . Yeobo sounds way sweeter.

"My manager called."
He said, pouting.
"I need to go to the company for a briefing, and also for the fitting. There was a sudden change of schedule, so I have to go now."

My ears perked up, and if I had a tail, I would be wiggling it non-stop.

"Don't worry, hyung. I'll take him home."
I immediately volunteered as my mind processed the situation.

Then came the string of protests.

"No way am I leaving Kibummie with that stinky dog!"

"Onew-appa, shouldn't you take your wifey with you?~"

"I already told you that Key-umma is for Jonghyun-appa, Minki-ah!"

"I agree with my cousin, Tae."

"Seunghyun-ah, don't get involved. Manager-hyung will be here any minute now."

Even after hearing the loud complaints, you remained calm. You raised your hand to rest it on Onew's shoulder (which I admit, was a total teeth-grinder) before speaking your mind.

"Leave now, Rabbit. Your career comes first."

Somehow, that one line stung. You didn't mention it on purpose, did you?

By that time, the noise coming from the aggressive opposition died down and everyone's attention was on Onew. Seunghyun and Onew made eye contact, something I wasn't able to decipher. Hey, I'm no mind reader.

What came out of the eldest's mouth almost didn't reach my ears as it was intended mainly for you. But I did hear it, and it made me choke of guilt.

"I'm not him. No matter the circumstance, you're my priority one."
His single eyelid eyes holding your gaze, his smile sincere.

There it was again, that stupid blush that came out whenever something cheesy was spoken by him.

"Stop it with the sappy lines you learned from Seunghyunnie and leave already."
You giggled, lightly hitting his arm.
"I'll be fine with Jonghyun-hyung."

It took a lot of pursuing before Onew decided to leave. I was getting my hopes up -- the hope of getting you to talk to me.

Few minutes after Onew's departure, FT Island's van came to fetch the two guitarists and they, too, left for their schedule. Mr. and Mrs. Choi arrived from work at around seven in the evening and invited us for dinner. It was rude to refuse such a kind offer, so we decided to eat before leaving.

 

 

The rays of the hidden sun reflected through the moon hit your porcelain skin as the wind of the night gently brushed against your soft blonde hair. With beautiful feline eyes, high cheek bones, perfect dimpled smile -- you managed to blow my breath away. That pink dress shirt that exposed your alluring collarbones and those tight black jeans that hugged your sinful hips and legs at the right places -- I couldn't believe I used to own every inch of you.

Used to.

Standing beside you, watching as the beautifully-lit Han River embraced us with its romantic feel made me want to extend an arm over your shoulder. If only we were anything close to romantic.

The silence wasn't uncomfotable, it was more of an understanding between our stressed hearts.

But I haven't got all night, so I better speak soon or regret it later.

"Our son's still cuter."
I calmly mumbled, abruptly remembering Minho's cousing who made it obvious that he favored Onew more.

For minutes, you only stared at the river with an unreadable expression. No words left your heart-shaped lips.

Until I heard a soft sigh.

"Ren's adorable. He knows how to give his trust to those who are worthy of it. But of course, my Taemin will always hold a special place in my heart."

I thought I saw a hint of a small smile tugging your lips. Or maybe it was just me.

I let a few seconds pass before finding the perfect time to finally say the things I've been dying to say. This was my only chance to have your love back.

"Listen, Key..."

"I'm not ready."
Your firm statement cut through my wavering one.
"I don't think I'm ready to talk about it yet, Jonghyun-hyung. Let alone see you, be near you."

I was stunned for a good five seconds, my lips parting but no words were uttered. There was no use cowering now, I might no get another chance. I straightened my shoulders, shifting slightly to face your gorgeous side profile.

"I'm... sorry. Please, please forgive this jerk. A last chance is all I'm asking..."

Slowly, you tilted your head and looked at me with eyes as cold as a blizzard. There was no trace of concern, worry, doubt, love

Nothing.

"What gave you an idea that I'll even forgive you, let alone give you another chance which you clearly don't deserve to begin with?"

My hands began to shake as every syllable of every word sunk in deep, drilling a permanent hole in my chest.

Where was the Key who never refused me? The Key who always forgave my short-comings?

"Because I ended it with her. I... I didn't love her, Key! It was a stupid mistake!"

The only response I got was a scoff as you turned back to look at the calm water.

"Should I rejoice now that you're not with her anymore?"
You monotonously mouthed and bit your lip -- a sign that gave your hurt away.
"There shouldn't be a her in the first place."

Idiot. ing idiot, Kim Jonghyun.

Why did I even think of cheating on you?
Oh, right. Because I thought I was through with loving you.

Look where my stupid assumptions got me.

"It was a huge mistake. I was blinded, Key... I though- just- God! I love you, Babe. Just, please..."
Tears rolled down my cheeks, my legs giving in and causing my body to drop down on the ground, kneeling.
"Take me back, Baby... P-please..."

"Never again."

That answer was all it took for me to bow my head low, sobbing hysterically as my chest constricted until my intake of breath was cut short by the minute.

I clutched onto my heart, my vision blurring because of the unstoppable tears that kept streaming down and dispersing as it hit the ground.

"But... I love... you... I ing love you! B-back... Take m-me back... Please take my heart ba--"

"STOP. Just... stop it, Jjong."

Why were you being so cold?
Why didn't you spare me a glance?
Why...?

"Please just take my home, Jjongie."

Jjongie.

I broke down into more tears as I heard you call me by the nickname you gave me.

One, two, three steps. Light footsteps echoed on my ears and I knew you were planning to walk back to my car. Without thinking twice, I laid my heart out in the open for you to see, singing the words I felt that night you left me...

 

 

Last night in my dreams, you drew close to me
Your whispered words, your hair that brushed against my face

When I woke up from my dream, it was all too clear
That your presence was nothing but a dream
The tears in my eyes told me

You can’t, you can’t, don’t leave like this
Please just one more time, one more time...

hold me in your arms again.

 

 

 

 

 



 

A/N:

                With a total of 5,270 words, I broke my own record. Lol. I know I should be resting my hand but hey, I still have my left. :P
Personally, I hate this chapter more than the previous one. I was stressing out because of the change in story flow -- yes, I had to change something because I read a fic that has the same idea. So, I had to alter this story's events. I'm still working on it, please be patient with my boring chapters for the meantime.

If you guessed the meaning behind Key's acknowledgement of Ren, then good for you! *gives a lollipop*

Also, I mentioned about Sekyung appearing on this chapter but unfortunately, I was too tired to continue writing (5k + words are pretty exhausting). AND since I'm dead beat, I CLAIM ALL ERRORS MINE! It's almost 1am now and I have to wake up at 5am... so, yeah.

Goodnight!

 


"I wish Key-hyung will marry."

 

 

Thank you for subscribing, reading, and leaving a comment, everyone~
Really, I'm sleepy yet I feel the need to thank you.