The New Race

I Dream Of Running Man

"So tell me all of Ivy's darkest secrets, Angie. I need something to use against her so I can win today," Mark had been talking to Angie for a solid thirty minutes now and Ivy wasn't sure she liked it anymore. She kept her eyes on her breakfast though, trying to really think about her options when it came to the guys. She wasn't sure which would be better and unfortunately she really did like the both of them. Even though dating them would definitely have it's draw backs and cons, Ivy was willing to over look all of that for either one of them. Ivy really didn't care about what people would say about her but she did care what would happen to them. In that aspect Jong Kook was the better option, his career was pretty much set at this point where as Yoongi and BTS would suffer a lot if they were found out. Ivy huffed out  sigh and dropped her head to the table with a resounding thud.

"Ivy just slammed her head onto the table. Do you know anything about that Angie?" Mark reached over and poked Ivy's shoulder and she turned to face him.

"I'm just thinking. This is a pretty normal response. You get used to it after a while," Jong Kook walked into the kitchen at that moment and saw Ivy's head on the table.

"Wae? Gwenchana?" He rushed over to Ivy's side and put a hand to her forehead, worry covering his sharp features. She had to admit this caring side of him was definitely winning her over.

"Oppa, gwenchana. I was just thinking. That can be a lot harder than it seems for me sometimes," Ivy laughed and Jong Kook grinned at her. He was completely unable to school his features when she looked at him like that.

"Don't work yourself too hard, alright?" He leaned in a pressed a light kiss to her forehead when she nodded in response. Yeah Jong Kook was definitely taking the upper hand now.

"Ivy? Angie wants to knpow what's going on," Mark handed back her phone and Ivy sat up straight.

"What's going on? Are you sure you're going to survive there for a month?" Ivy rolled her eyes even though Angie couldn't see it.

"I'm just thinking. It's going to be difficult as long as I'm dealing with this issue but once I make a decision it'll be fine. Both sides have their own pros and cons," Ivy glanced over at Mark and Jong Kook who were in a heated discussion about the pros and cons of anaerobic versus aerobic workouts. They were adorable and Ivy had to suppress a fangirl squeal.

"I thought we discussed this already? Didn't we figure that Suga would be better?" Angie huffed into the phone and Ivy rolled her eyes again.

"No, YOU decided that and brought up things that made me think even more," Ivy stood and walked out of the kitchen to the front yard/garden area. "If I choose Yoongi though and the press catches on, it'll hurt BTS. Tey may not be rookies any more but a scandal like that could kill any chance they have at keeping their fame. Where as Jong Kook is pretty set in his popularity at this point. I don't really care about what anyone has to say about me but I do care if it could hurt them. I think this is going to be something I just have to talk to them up front about to be able to make my decision."

"Yeah I guess you have a point. I was much more worried about you, I guess. I would hate for either of them to suffer because of mean fans," Ivy could almost see Angie's pout in her mind's eye. "Well if you need someone to talk it over with just let me know but I'm pretty sure Markimoo wants to help too. He said you were already a pretty cool friend," Ivy giggled with Angie.

"I can't believe I met Markiplier and I'm not even trying to get him to like me romantically. You know how weird this is for me?" Angie laughed, it was weird, they both used to want to be the one to grab up Markiplier but it seemed like these other two had captured Ivy's heart completely. Given adding Mark into the mix would only make things more difficult. Ivy was really happy to hear that he thought of her as a friend though. "Alright. Well, I think filming's going to start soon and you probably need to go eat and study."

"Ne, Unnie. I hope you figure it out soon. I'll be cheering for you. If Jong Kook starts randomly galring it's because I'm rooting for you to win," Ivy laughed and said her good byes. She continued to chuckle for a while at their inside joke. They had always said it would be funny i celebrities in Korea could sense when a fan was being disloyal or writing something weird about them. it was ridiculous but it was very funny.

"What are you laughing about?" Mark came out the door and booped her on the head. Yes, booped her head. With sound effects and all.

"Nothing just a joke me and Angie make all the time back home," Ivy shrugged at Mark as Jong Kook made his way out the door. "Oh, yeah! What are you doing here this morning anyways, Oppa?"

"Ah, I offered to come wake you two up last night and tak you to the filming location," Jong Kook pointed towards the sidewalk leading to the other houses that the other cast members were slowly coming out of.

"Arrasseo, let's get going then," With that Ivy, Mark, and Jong Kook headed out to find the filming location. It was a fairly short and quiet walk but Ivy appreciated the peace. It wasn't going to be long before thier bit of peace was shattered by fierce competition. At least for Ivy it was fierce.

When they arrived in front of the cameras they formed a line to wait for further instructions and, from what Ivy had gathered, a new guest. The cast was in a lively debate with the crew over them not receiving a wake up call, which was odd considering they usually had one when filming was going to take two days. The PDnims told them that they wanted to make things as easy as possible for Ivy and especially Mark since he wasn't as familiar with Running Man, to which HaHa said that it was time that he learned. Ivy couldn't help but laugh. Though it was all in good fun the guys had been picking on Mark a lot, especially since he didn't speak Korean, and she was having a bunch of fun just listening to their attempts to make fun of him since they didn't seem to know that Mark regularly made fun of himself.

"Today's race is called the Korean Tour," The head PDnim had to slightly shout so that everyone could hear him. Ivy both perked up and deflated at the same time which seemed to make Jong Kook laugh. She just knew that this was going to mean a whole bunch of time being spent in a car and she was not looking forward to it.

"Wae? What was that look Ivy?" Jong Kook poked at her ribs and Ivy jumped. Damn her ticklishness.

"We're going to start here in Seoul for the first game before which we will determine the teams. There will be three teams of three. Don't worry we've set Markiplier up with a translator and an ear piece like we have in the past with other guests," The PDnim again spoke over them to get this part of filming over quickly. They really were going to be travelling a lot today if they were trying to hurry this along.

"There's not another guest coming?" Ivy asked tilting her head to the side. The guys on the cast burst with, what Ivy figured, was excitement.

"Gwiyeowo!" HaHa screamed while Kwangsoo came over to try and take one of Ivy's hands only to be deflected by both Jong Kook and Jae Suk who was also trying to grab her hand. Gary went over to Ji Hyo and said something that Ivy guessed reinforced their Monday Couple title. Suk Jin simply smiled and chuckled.

"Wae? What'd I do?" This time Ivy turned and pouted at them with her head still tilted.

"She's just so adorable! Let me be your knight!" Kwangsoo screamed from where Jong Kook was holding him allowing Jae Suk the opportunity to grab her hand and hold it in both of his. HaHa was now lying on the ground screaming for Go Eun clutching at his heart. Both Suk Jin and Gary were doubled over laughing.

"You are the most adorable guest we've had this summer for sure and maybe even th-!" Jae Suk's sentence was cut short by Jong Kook's arm hooking around his neck and dragging him away from Ivy. She could practically hear his 'Sparta!' theme playing when she saw it happen.

"PDnim! I will take it personally if I'm not on Ivy-ah's team this time!" Ivy chuckled as the PDnim seemed to shake at Jong Kook's thinly veiled threat.

"There won't be a new guest for this race and you will be drawing lots for your team members," The PDnim held out a can that held nine different peaces of paper. "Each paper has a number one through three on it. You will be teamed up with the other people who draw the same number."

The cast quickly dove forward and formed a line to draw their lots leaving Ivy and Mark to bring up the rear. When Ivy got her paper she went back to the line that had reformed behind her to stand next to Jong Kook. They opened their papers slowly one by one. Ji Hyo had drawn a number two, HaHa a number three, Jae Suk a two, Mark a one, and Suk Jin a three. At this point Kwangsoo ran over to the end of the line next to Ivy and tried to trade with her. For some reason she agreed and they switched before Gary opened his paper. Gary had received a number two as well fully forming team two with Ji Hyo, Gary, and Jae Suk. Jong Kook had drawn a number one and it was now down to the two who had switched their lots.

Ivy could practically feel a fire on the back of her head as Jong Kook stared at her. Kwangsoo was in the midst of trying to convince the PDnims to just put him with the Traitors team since he was scared that Jong Kook might kill him if he was placed on his team. Ivy turned and looked at Jong Kook who's expression softened considerably. He mouthed something at her and she was really horrible at reading lips when they were speaking Korean so she simply walked over to where he was standing to ask what he said.

"You'll be on my team. I know it. They wouldn't want to risk the Giraffe's health like that," Jong Kook reached up and placed a hand on top of Ivy's head and pressed his forehead to hers. He closed his eyes and grinned at her. "I'm going to protect you this time."

"It's only a game, Oppa, I've never been in danger," Ivy didn't catch his real meaning and he was a little disappointed. He had meant that he would protect her from other guys' advances but he wasn't going to explicitly tell her that. He wasn't even her boyfriend yet. Yet. He was convinced that he would beat Min Yoongi for her heart. He had to.

The PDnims finally got Kwangsoo to give up his desperate pleas and fall back next to Ivy so that they could open up their papers and form the final teams. They both opened them to the cameras without looking first and the Giraffe slowly brought his to peak at it and screamed in joy when he saw the three that was etched on it. He ran over and did the Pil-Chok-Cross with the other Traitors as Jong Kook came to look at Ivy's paper for himself. He picked her up and swung her around in a tight embrace when he saw the number one on the paper. Ivy simply laughed at his actions.

"Now I'll get to protect you."

"Aniyo. Now you get to win with me." Jong Kook couldn't help the big smile that crossed his face to match Ivy's brilliant one. They were going to work together finally and maybe Jong Kook could stake a claim to a bigger part of her heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well... I finally updated ^_^ sorry it took so long. I was at a loss as to what to do for this chapter but I think I have some more fun games planned for the next couple chapters. I know that this chapter was very Jong Kook centric but they kind of will be for a bit. You will see texts from Suga but not much else for a little while because I am trying to stay as close to realistic as possible. If you hate me for that, Mianhe.. I might be a tiny bit evil... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!