The First Two Missions

I Dream Of Running Man

The vans pulled up to the Han River and the sun was just overhead so it couldn't have been very much after noon. The heat was appalling and that was coming from Ivy who lived in North Carolina all her life and the summers there were usually horrid but this felt even worse for some reason. As the groups finally made it to the pools where the landmark was they noticed two floating balance beams in the larger rectangular pool. Oh boy, Ivy could only imagine what they were going to be doing. Unsurprisingly she was spot on.

Both groups were handed a mission card that told them they were going to have a relay race. Two of the couples would wait on either side of the pool and then would have to piggyback across to the other side on the floating balance beams. There was no time limit but the first ones to finish would be declared the winners and be safe and decide which team would be eliminated. If any of the couples fell in the relay had to start again. This was going to be interesting.

Slowly everyone took their positions. The black team was set up to have Suk Jin and Jimin go first, followed by Kwang Soo and V, then Gary and Kookie, and lastly Ivy and Suga. The white team had set themselves to have RapMon and Markiplier go first, then HaHa and Ji Hyo, then Jae Suk and J-Hope and lastly Jin and Jong Kook. All the couples were discussing their strategy with the exception of Suga and Ivy. Ivy was not exactly fond of this because to be honest she wasn't sure that Suga could even hold her in a piggy back let along balance. His legs were just so so skinny. He refused to talk about it though and finally Ivy gave up.

"Fine but if we're the ones who fall off you're getting on my back and that's all there is to it. I'm pretty sure you weigh like 4 or 5 kilograms less than me anyways. If we lose it's your fault!" Ivy crossed her arms and looked away from him only to see Jong Kook looking at her with a confident smile.

"Don't worry I'm going to kick his ," He really needed to stop whispering in her ear it was killing her. Yoongi just smirked and put his arm around her waist pulling her to him and she saw Jong Kook's eyes go deadly serious. Did Yoongi not realize he was poking the sleeping beast that was Mr. Capable? Surely he had to, why else would he do it?

Soon all of the couples were in place and the PDs blew the whistle to start. Suk Jin was riding on Jimin's back and they were making pretty decent time especially considering that on the other beam Mark looked like he was having trouble with the balancing act and was moving pretty slowly. Finally Suk Jin and Jimin made it across to tap Kwang Soo and V who looked absolutely ridiculous. V was carrying Kwang Soo and despite only being 6" shorter V looked like he was carrying the Jolly Green Giant on his back, though they still made surprisingly good time, tapping Gary and Kookie in while HaHa and Jihyo were about a three quarters of the way across. When Kookie started it was amazing to watch he ran holding Gary like it was just a regular sprint until he was about half way and almost lost his footing causing him to have to pause for long enough that Jae Suk who was carrying J-Hope caught up to them and past them before Jae Suk fell off the edge and they had to start over. Kookie finally found his footing and continued on at a more steady and slow pace making sure to not slip. When Ivy and Suga were tapped in the white team was already back on HaHa and Ji Hyo who were looking really unsteady this time. HaHa must have been losing strength. Suga with Ivy on his back had much less balance than he thought he had. He was almost half way there when he misstepped and landed the two of them straight into the pool. They quickly swam to the other side of the pool to get out and as soon as their butts touched the concrete Suk Jin and Jimin started again. The race was neck and neck now with everyone wanting to take a more safe approach to avoid falling off again and by the time it came back around to Ivy and Suga, Jong Kook and Jin were getting ready to set off too. Ivy bent down telling Suga to get on her back and he begrudingly obliged. Once Kwang Soo tapped Suga's outstretched hand Ivy ran as fast as she could. Jong Kook was hot on her heels but he soon felt his footing slip and had to slow down. Ivy on the other hand had ridiculously perfect form. She attributed it to all the years she had been in dance and marching band. Knowing where your center of gravity is and how to run on precarious surfaces was just the tip of the iceberg for learning to march a tuba. She crossed the line and immediately dropped Yoongi to his feet before jumping up and down screaming. They had won! Even with Suk Jin on their team! Suga pulled Ivy into a hug and she returned it breifly before pulling back and looking into his face. 

"Next time you should listen to me before you just assume you know best," And with that statement she pushed Yoongi backwards to fall into the pool. The entirety of the cast, crew, and guest stood with shocked faces for a moment before beginning to laugh their heads off. This wasn't a first betrayal but it was a first betrayal after a mission was completed. At least in this manner.

Ivy flipped her damp hair over her shoulder dramatically before walking towards where everyone was gathering to prepare for the elimination leaving Kookie and V to pull Suga out of the water. She locked eyes with Jong Kook who shot her a thumbs up and toothy grin before handing her a towel.

"Yah! Jong Kook! Don't help her she's on the other team. Maybe if you let her stay wet she'll not be able to compete in the next one!" Jae Suk didn't really think things through sometimes. Did he forget that someone on their team was getting eliminated?

"Oppa, kamsamnida. I'll make sure that we don't eliminate you this time," Ivy sent an overly happy grin to Jong Kook who just eyed Jae Suk with a question mark look on his face.

"Ah... Ah... Ivy-ssi you know that was all a joke right? Here take my towel too! Don't want you catching cold!" Jae Suk finally got it.

"Aniyo you might need that when you're stuck sitting in the van. I'm pretty sure it was really cold in ours. Don't want you getting sick now do we?" Ivy sent him the same overly cheerful look that she had Jong Kook when suddenly arms locked around her waist.

"If you'll excuse us we're going to go figure out who of you to eliminate," Was that jealousy? Ivy was pretty sure that's what she had heard but why would Yoongi be jealous? It's not like this was anything more than a show, right?

Whatever was going on in Yoongi's brain was going to have to wait until later. Now was the time to vote. Ivy held true to her promise to not let her team vote off Jong Kook but she was not sure who else to vote for. HaHa was just deceptive all the time but Jae Suk was pretty bad too. She wasn't going to vote off Mark and RapMon because watching them struggle together was the funniest thing she had ever seen and honestly as much as RapMon was known for breaking things it seemed unlikely that they would pose too much of a threat later. In the end her vote went to Jae Suk and J-Hope. Suga followed suit as well as the other members. Gary, Kwang Soo and Suk Jin all voted for HaHa. After their voting was done the black team was shuttled off to the next location. It was a park a few miles down from the pools and when they arrived they received a new mission card.

The mission card told them that there were six clues hidden around the park and that only the team that could piece together the clues would be able to correctly finish the mission. The were to go with their partner in a binding bracelet and couldn't use the hands that were connected at all. They also bound two of their feet together to make it into a type of three legged scavanger hunt. If they broke the bracelet or the ankle ties that team was out and could no longer help search. If all four couples broke their bonds then they would have a 10 minute penalty before being able to start again.

Needless to say this was going to be hard. They had no real idea what they were looking for and it was a large park with trees, flowerbeds, and fountains. Not to mention that people like V and Kwangsoo were at a massive disadvantage. The larger the height difference the easier to break the ankle bonds. As the black team was getting bound together with their partner the white team showed up and began to read the mission card. Suga and Ivy were the first two that were successfully bound together and they immediately took off, one completely in sync with the other. They had decided that they would go and check the bridge that ran over a small creek, thinking that surely they would have hidden something on the under side of it just to mess with them. Before they could get there however Suga stopped them and checked the bracelets deciding that the method of holding hands wasn't sufficient enough to keep the bracelets intact.

"Let's just interlock our fingers. If we don't I'm scared someone will try some dirty trick to break it. It'll be easier to keep close like that," Ivy nodded not even thinking about the fact that this was entirely irrelevant and that their grip had been just as strong the other way. She just wanted to win. The inevitable showing of her Capricorn-ness was coming. She would win at all costs. Ivy didn't play games to lose and she was going to put her all into this one. Her mind was already three steps ahead and she knew where they were going to search after the bridge and even after that. She also figured she had an inkling of an idea as to where these clues all were. She just hoped no one got to them first.

After interlocking their fingers and running a bit further to the bridge they slowly checked all around it. There didn't seem to be anything but at the last second Suga saw the Running Man sticker on a plank on the bridge. There couldn't have been anything on the actual bridge itself so they started to dig around in the pebbles below. Finally they found it, a small box. Inside was what looked like a piece of a puzzle with the Running Man symbol on it or at least they were pretty sure it's the Running Man symbol. They high fived as best they could before Ivy stuck the puzzle piece that was made out of an outdoor fabric into her pocket. They quickly fled the scene to see that both Gary/Kookie and Suk Jin/Jimin had their own pieces too.  They tried to search as best they could for the Alien and the Giraffe but they couldn't see them. That was strange. Oh well.

Three down and Three to go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I'm honestly digging writing these challenges. They're so much fun omg! I hope you're all digging the story itself! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!