We Need Anchors!

I Dream Of Running Man

Ivy had noticed the obvious tension when she got in the car but it seemed like Jong Kook was trying to either play it off or ignore it entirely. The only telling sign that he was upset about something was his white knuckled grip on the steering wheel.

"Did you have a good meal Ivy-ah?" His smile was tight and his eyes a bit sad as he spoke. Ivy figured this is what Mark had been trying to avoid happening but it seemed to have only made things worse. Where in the world was that idiot anyways?

"Ne, Oppa. Yoongi-ah came down from Seoul to have dinner with me apparently," Ivy figured if she told him the truth that maybe it'd improve his mood. She was wrong though.

"Ah, so that was Yoongi-ah you were hugging," His words might not have been rude but his tone was harsh and accusatory, as if she had done something wrong. It irked her and Ivy was not one to hold back her emotions or thoughts like that.

"Oppa. Don't do that. Ever. I am neither your girlfriend nor am I easy so just don't. You both have feelings for me. I get that. I have feelings for the both of you too but I just can't fully understand them yet. So if you want to not even be considered a friend anymore then go right on ahead and play the possessive game. I. Am. Not. A. Trophy," Ivy sent Jong Kook a fiery glare and he sighed looking down.

"Mianhe. You're right. I just don't like seeing other guys touching you," Jong Kook kept his head down and Ivy couldn't help it when a small smile crossed her face. He may have been a complete a second ago but she couldn't deny his reasonings were kind of sweet.

"It's okay, Oppa. Just don't do that to me. I get that you like me but I've been in possessive relationships before and I can't anymore. I'm not myself when I'm confined like that. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like me as much if I wasn't so outgoing and weird," Jong Kook shook his head and laughed a bit.

"You're right," Jong Kook reached out and pat Ivy's head lightly before resting his hand on the side of her neck. "I like you just as you are."

"Not to ruin the mood or anything but where the Hell is Mark? We do have to get to Busan, ya know," Ivy giggled and looked around. Suddenly  the back door or the car opened and Mark romped into the backseat.

"Hey guys what'd I miss?" Ivy laughed and Jong Kook shook his head.

"A whole bunch Loser," Mark gave Ivy a look of hurt.

"Why do you hurt me so, Ivy?" Jong Kook and Ivy laughed as Jong Kook started the car and exited the parking lot.

"It's okay Markimoo! I still love you!" And with Ivy's last comment the trio headed off towards Busan. The trip was again filled with laughs and jokes. The last hour of their "roadtrip" was quick and not super notable.

The trio arrived on the beach and exited the car. They headed over to the flag and were told the game when the others arrived. They were playing three way tug of war. They were told to open the envelopes they had won in the previous challenges and the Traitors Team were given the one remaining envelope so that they weren't at such a horrible disadvantage. The cards told them to pick a certain number of people with a certain trait from the crowd that had gathered and before they knew it the teams were settled. The Monday Couple Team had twenty extra people, mainly college guys, the Traitors Team had ten, all school kids in uniforms, and Team Tiger had fifteen people, all athletes. Everyone began to get in position and strategize, meaning that Coach Kkuk had come out. He kept telling all the guys to get the strongest up front and Ivy rolled her eyes before yelling.

"Yah! Oppa! We need anchors! Put some of our strongest at the back to hold ground!" Ivy's look of irritation was indisputable and Mark cowered a bit beside her.

"What do you mean anchors?! We need our stongest to pull everyone back though!" Coach Kkuk was definitely a cocky son of a Ivy'd give him that.

"Have you ever even won tug of war? I can't remember but one episode of Running Man where you did and you were alone! I know what I'm doing Kim Jong Kook! Do not mess with me! You five! Yeah! You! The baseball players! Go to the back! Everytime you get slack step back and dig yourself into the ground! If they can't move us we'll win! You five! The soccer players! Get in the middle! You too Mark! Take steps back and pull with all your might but don't jerk! Don't let up, just continuous pulling! Jong Kook! You and the rest get up front! I swear to god Oppa if you do that jerk crap I normally see I will end you!" Jong Kook came up and faced Ivy with an almost irritated look on his face.

"Yah! We're going to lose like this! Why are you taking over?" Ivy fastened a wide eyed glare on him and his resolve faltered.

"Because unlike you I know what I'm doing! Get in place! I refuse to lose because of your bad coaching so you had better listen to me!" Ivy yelled before heading to her spot on the end so she could ring the bell. Jong Kook sighed and went to his mark. Shortly after the whistle was blown and Team Tiger followed Ivy's orders. They slowly pulled the other teams towards themselves and the boys in the back anchored all their weight to the ground not giving the other teams any slack. Before too long Ivy was within arms length of the bell and had reached out to ring it. Team Tiger had won the first round in under a minute.

Jong Kook turned an amazed gaze to Ivy, who simply flashed a smug smirk at him. The team cheered and set themselves back up for, what Ivy hoped, was the last round. The whistle blew and quickly Team Tiger was back in sync following Ivy's plan. They pulled and anchored themselves and slowly reached the bell that Ivy rang with a loud victory yell. They had won the Korean Tour race. Team Tiger all screamed out and jumped into a group huddle the guys made quick work of picking up Ivy and carrying her on their shoulders over to the podium where they were going to win their award. The crowd participants bowed out and yelled in glee at their victory from their spot about a hundred feet from the podium. The PD's came over and anounced that officially Team Tiger had won and the three were given six gold bars in a case. Jong Kook, Ivy, and Mark quickly grabbed their two bars out of the case and yelled again in happiness before Jae Suk began his outro for the episode.

Once the filming was done, Ivy went over to stand on the beach to stare at the ocean. It really was gorgeous here and now she wondered why she had ever complained about having to drive there. Slowly she sat down and took out her phone to video chat with Angie. Surely she was out of class now. Angie picked up on the first ring.

"Oh my god you're actually video chatting me? I feel special," Angie beamed at Ivy who just rolled her eyes.

"Of course I am. I miss your stupid ," Ivy smiled a bit and turned the camera towards the ocean. "You're only like a couple thousand miles that way but I can still feel your weirdness from here."

"Unnie! That was mean! But I miss you too. So you're gonna be there for what another three weeks?" Angie pouted at Ivy and the elder giggled a bit.

"Yeah but I might make the stay a little longer. I can do some really nifty videos here and I'm really digging this whole road trip idea now. It's pretty clutch," Angie laughed at Ivy as she used her old slang before she cut herself off with a gasp. Ivy gave her a stange look before noticing that someone was in her camera. "Oh hey Oppa. What are you up to?"

"I came to see what you were doing all the way over here by yourself. I didn't realize you were talking to someone though so I'll leave," Angie teapot squealed when Jong Kook spoke and Ivy almost dropped her phone.

"Don't leave Oppa! I'll never get another chance to talk to you like this! Ivy's been a mean Unnie and hasn't introduced me!" Angie yelled.

"Yah! I was going to introduce you! I just didn't know he was free right now! Damn," Ivy huffed as Jong Kook came to sit next to her on the sand, leaning in so his face was right next to Ivy's making her blush.

"Annyeong. Nice to meet you, Kim Jong Kook ibnida," His smile was bright and made Ivy turn to look at his profile with a soft smile on her face. Angie noticed and teapot squealed again.

"Annyeonghasaeyo. Lopez Angie ibnida. You two are so adorable! Oh my god!" Ivy turned back to the camera and gave a wide eyed look to her friend before Jong Kook started laughing.

"Jinja? I think we look good together too," Jong Kook turned and looked at Ivy with a soft smile, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her in closer to him.

"Angie, I swear to god I'm going to kill you when I get back home," Ivy couldn't help but notice the way that Jong Kook visibly deflated when she mentioned going home but she was far more focused on her friend who was now trying to give the cutest look she could muster.

"But I'm cute. And you love me. And you'd be bored without me," Ivy rolled her eyes.

"Not to mention she seems to have good taste," Ivy turned to face Jong Kook with a big question mark written on her features. "What? She thinks we're adorable. That means she has good taste."

"I think there are times when I hate you both," Ivy brought up her hand to cover her face as the two joined in laughing at her a bit. They talked for a while more, Jong Kook trying to get to know Angie a bit, especially after Ivy said she was one of her best friends, and Angie trying to make not so subtle hints that she really shipped IvyKook.

"I think IvyKook is legit my new favorite thing. I might have to write a story about this," Ivy looked at the camera with a scowl on her face. Now there wasn't even an attempt at subtlety? Really?

"You didn't forget that he speaks English did you? You're doing this on purpose just to irritate me right?" Angie flushed and Ivy knew that unfortunately she was wrong. Angie really had forgotten in the span of five minutes. Way to go Goldfish Angie.

"What kind of story would you write? Would I get to read it?" Jong Kook questioned with a smile on his face.

"No. Never. I would never let that happen and Angie you promised me when I got popular on YouTube that you wouldn't write a fanfiction with me in it, or that you'd at least change my name!" Angie gave Ivy another pout.

"But this is too adorable to not write about! And why wouldn't you let him read it? I wouldn't do anything weird in it!" Jong Kook gave the two a weird look.

"What is fanfiction?" Ivy shook her head at him.

"Trust me. You don't want to open that can of worms."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So the challenge in this chapter was a work of art to me lol I am really proud of it. The ending might be a bit weird but who doesn't love it when a story becomes self aware? lol... Anyways I hope you enjoyed it! As Always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!