Competitive

I Dream Of Running Man

Ivy motioned for to their team mates that they found a clue, trying to be quiet as possible so that the others wouldn't hear them. Once she got a thumbs up from the others indicating that they understood she motioned for Suga to start moving towards the little patch of trees, almost certain that they would find something there. She still hadn't caught sight of the Alien and the Giraffe and now it was starting to worry her. The other team had arrived when they had reached the bridge and were now out in the park searching themselves. Surely the V and Kwangsoo hadn't been ousted, it was far too early for that.

"Well, annyeong Yoongi-ssi, Ivy-yah," The pair stopped and looked over at Jong Kook and Jin who had just come up beside them.

"Anneyong Oppa, Jin-ah," While trying to be nice, Ivy was still looking for a way out of the situation. She didn't want to get ousted. She was going to win this.

"Anneyong Hyung-nim. Well we're a bit busy right now so we'll just get going," Suga tugged on Ivy's hand pulling her even closer to him, as if it were possible considering they were already all tied together. Suddenly Jong Kook's aura changed and he could have been emitting fire for how determined he was.

"I don't think so. I've got some payback to get to," Jong Kook reached out and grabbed Ivy's arm so fast she couldn't dodge him. Jong pulled her back against his chest and held her tightly around her waist with his free arm. "Jin get the bracelets!"

"Hyung! What are you doing? Stop!" Whereas most of this had been good natured on Jin and Ivy's part it seemed like Jong Kook and Suga were having an epic battle. Why, Ivy wasn't sure.

"Mian, Yoongi-ah," Jin kept trying to grab at their bracelets to rip them apart and that was when Ivy started seeing red. She wasn't so much angry Jong Kook and Jin but more so at the idea of not winning everything. Yeah, she was very competitive. Ivy quickly reached behind her and grabbed at Jong Kook's ribs making him laugh and slightly release her to stop her hand. When she felt free enough to run she lifted her free leg and hooked it around Jin and Jong Kooks bound ones. She pulled her leg forward sweeping Jin and Jong Kook's legs out from under them and they toppled backwards. As soon as they began to fall Suga and Ivy sprinted to the best of their abilities, trying to put as much distance betweent the two pairs as possible.

"Gwenchana?" Yoongi looked over Ivy making sure she was really fine as she nodded. "That was awesome! You took down Kim Jong Kook!"

"Only because he was attached to Kim Seokjin!" Ivy laughed and Yoongi joined her.

"You really are amazing," Yoongi pulled her into an awkward hug given their bindings.

"Komawo. Let's go check over there though. I need to win," Ivy pointed over at a fountain that no one had been to quite yet with a fire returning to her eyes.

"Omo... You really are competitive aren't you?" Yoongi chuckled as they sped off to the fountain.

"Most of my friends back home tell me that I rival Kim Jong Kook with my need to win. I'm pretty formidable too in case you forgot. I've never lost a challenge on my channel. Even the ones that my viewers voted on," Despite speaking to him, Ivy never glanced over at Suga, she was too busy looking for the R sticker. She finally found it but there was a problem. The clue was just out of her arms reach in the water and since she was only an inch or two shorter than Yoongi he couldn't reach it either. She already started to formulate a plan but she wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the risk and they couldn't both get into the fountain. "Yoongi-ah, how much can you lift?"

"I'm not sure, wae?" Yoongi was completely confused. Why the heck did it matter how much weight he could lift?

"Do you think you can hold my weight with just your arms?" Now he was kind of getting it. Ivy needed him to place their connecting feet onto the ledge of the fountain and hold her weight up by her arm that was joined to his and lower her to grab the clue without letting her fall in the water.

"Ne, I'm pretty sure I can," Ivy fully explained what she needed him to do and though there were a few moments where she had been sure that he was going to drop her he never did. They had their second clue and while still standing on the ledge of the fountain, motioned to their team mates. Suk Jin, Jimin, Gary and Kookie all sent her the signal that they got it and Gary had just signaled he had another clue as well when suddenly the Alien and the Giraffe came running across the park.

"WE GOT IT!!!!" Ivy face palmed before jumping down and running to the finish line. They needed to get to the safe zone and now. There was only one team winning this and without the clues they couldn't. If the white team were to run and catch one of them and take their clues they would be in an all out war.

The black team sprinted as fast as they could and were almost to the finish line when they saw Jong Kook and Jin running just a few paces behind them. Jong Kook was carrying Jin's weight awkwardly on his side though and just before he could grab onto Yoongi's shirt, who was closest since they had to run from further away, Jong Kook tripped over Jin's foot and they both toppled to the ground breaking their bracelets in the process. Well that was one less thing to worry about. 

Though they had ousted Jong Kook they still ran as fast as they could since they had no idea where the other team was. Luckily everyone crossed the line before they even saw the other team start the chase. Once they were across the line and fully disconnected from their partners, the PDnim said they had one minute to accurately put together the clues before they gave the other team a shot at it. When the whistle sounded Ivy quickly dug out her two clues while the others got theirs and ran to the board to begin trying to piece it together. It was just a big circle cut into different sizes and it ended up being a little harder than it looked but it appeared that Ivy had been right, it was just a big Running Man symbol. Once she realized how right she was instead of just dealing with the other members of the team she ripped their clues from their hands and began putting it together on her own. She only had about 15 seconds left at this point to get it right. She was beginning to sweat now, she couldn't afford to be wrong and she knew it. Right before the whistle sounded she slammed the last piece into the center making a complete puzzle.

"Seong-gong!" At the PDnim's announcement of their success Ivy screamed in victory and jumped up and down only to be caught in a hug first by Yoongi then everyone else on her team.

"Ivy! Ivy! Ivy!" They chanted her name and lifted her onto their shoulders only to have them drop her a few seconds later. Before she could hit the ground she felt a pair of strong arms catch her. When she opened her eyes she saw that Jong Kook was holding her bridal style and glaring at her team.

"Yah! How could you drop her!?" His arms tightened around her and she blushed and nervously laughed. This was just a tad bit strange. Why was he getting so angry? She knew that this was a common thing but seriously, why?

"We didn't mean to Jong Kook-ah," Suk Jin was practically cowering. For being the oldest he definitely was not any form of an authority or respected figure. That made Ivy laugh again but this time it wasn't nerves. She buried her face into Jong Kook's shoulder to keep herself with screeching from exactly how funny this entire situation was.

"Hyung, why don't you put down my partner? We have to get ready for the next mission," Yoongi walked up and set a deadpanned look on Jong Kook's glare.

"Why don't you protect your own partner more? Seems she's pretty safe and comfortable in my arms," Ivy laughed harder. She was dying. There was no possible way these two were legitimately fighting over her! She couldn't believe it. She felt Jong Kook's head rest on her temple before he whispered in her ear just loud enough so her and Yoongi could hear. "Don't worry I'll always protect you."

She couldn't see Yoongi's reaction but when she felt Jong Kook press his lips to her hair she knew that there was going to be a scowl present on Yoongi's face when she got down.

"Oppa, will you let me down please? For catching me, komawo," Ivy bowed towards Jong Kook when he let her down. Once she stood up from the bow, he pulled her into a hug placing yet another kiss onto her hair.

"I'll always be there to catch you," This time the other members heard him. They started whooping and hollering about how Yoongi was going to have to face off against Jong Kook for Ivy's heart and that Jong Kook had finally fallen in love. They didn't realize that this was not just for show. These two were in a battle trying to win over Ivy. Honestly even Ivy didn't realize that. She thought they just wanted to make things more interesting for the show and her embarrassment was sure to get them a lot of ratings if she was honest. She would never believe that two of the most attractive men in this country were actually fighting for her. She didn't think she was that worth it. Sure, she was comfortable in her body and with her personality but these men were like gods. They could have practically any woman they wanted, why would they ever choose her?

Yoongi lightly grabbed her arm and pulled her into his chest the moment that Jong Kook let her free. He wasn't holding her very tightly but she was definitely not getting pulled away from him any time soon judging by how stiffly locked his arms were around her. She looked up to see him flat out glaring at Jong Kook now and she felt herself blush. This was too intense.

Ivy hit her forehead into Yoongi's collarbone and rested it there with her arms hanging limply by her sides. She was starting to feel drained. Yoongi moved one of his hands to run through her long and currently black hair, while leaning his head onto hers. Ivy let out a huff, she was certain today would be the end of her. 

Shortly after the PDnim told them the black team needed to figure out who was going to be eliminated from the final mission. Before heading to where the rest of their team was, Yoongi made sure to plant a kiss on Ivy's cheek in full view of Jong Kook. Ivy was pretty sure she actually heard him growl. She immediately covered her face with her hand trying to conceal the blush that was creeping up her neck to her cheeks. She couldn't believe these two were being like this. All in good fun or not it was messing with her feelings.

Yoongi and Ivy finally made it over to their team members and they began discussing who to out. Being an avid fan Ivy began thinking through all the episodes that she had seen and figured out exactly what to do. They were all pushing to out Jong Kook but knowing the show there was probably going to be some form of trick or something that will make them all weak or at least weaker. In those types of episodes it seemed as if Jong Kook couldn't win. Yes, he was still a threat but not nearly as much as the others were believeing.

"We need to out HaHa and Ji Hyo. They are the biggest threat in this type of mission," Ivy stated blankly.

"Ivy-ah, I don't think you know how scary Jong Kook is," Suk Jin was trying to change her mind but it wouldn't work.

"No I get it but he's not the biggest threat. Honestly, Kwang Soo is but since he's on our team we need to go on ahead and eliminate HaHa. Ji Hyo isn't that bad but HaHa needs to be out. It's a couples mission. I could bet there's going to be a catch when we get there and if you haven't noticed after all this time Jong Kook is generally weaker in missions where he has to work with someone else. We need to oust HaHa," The boys couldn't disagree with her. So that's how they ended up agreeing to her plan. They told the PDnim their decision and went to get into the van to make their way to their final destination. Yoongi had his hand around Ivy's waist again and tugged her so that she laid her head on his shoulder and he smirked, pleased with himself.

"I swear to god, Yoongi if you make me lose I will switch my bias."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So who's going to win? And are Yoongi and Jong Kook serious? I guess we'll find out soon! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!