Kirin's Help

I Dream Of Running Man

Yoongi had invited Ivy to their first comeback stage and apparently he had somehow conned the company into helping her get backstage access. Ivy was pretty sure that Yoongi had threatened to make some kind of scene, but whatever he did, it worked. It definitely wasn't something that Ivy had been expecting but it was a lot of fun to think about. That's how she kept herself motivated for the next couple of days.

Ivy had spent the first of her free days looking into everything she could about companies that had departments for entertainers or actors. It was a lot of research and she didn't even leave her room the first day. It was hard work too. Ivy saw four companies she had never heard of before that were pretty simple and seemed like they weren't that bad, but she was a little disturbed by the fact that none of the people who worked for them were really known. Of course, she did look at the companies that her new co-workers worked at also, though HaHa and Jong Kook definitely were not that helpful.

On the second day she got a call from a number that she didn't know. She stared at her phone for a moment, confusion getting the better of her. It was a Korean number and Ivy really just didn't know enough people here to be getting calls from unknown numbers like this.

“Yobuseyo?” Ivy finally answered on the second cycle of her ringtone.

“Ivy-ssi? This is Kwang Soo. Jong Kook hyung told me to give you a call,” Kwang Soo's voice made Ivy face palm. Of course it was Kirin, she had completely forgotten what Jong Kook had told her.

“Ah, ne oppa. Did he tell you why?” Ivy asked as she stood to stretch. Sitting in front of the computer all day had made her stiff.

“He only told me that you wanted to audition at my company. I'm confused though, why do you need to join a company? You just do YouTube,” Kwang Soo's tone wasn't condescending, it was honestly curious, but the words he chose actually hurt Ivy a bit.

“Ya! Oppa! Just because I do YouTube doesn't mean I don't do other things! I was on Running Man! And I'm trying to get into the entertainment industry here a bit!” Ivy yelled a little louder than she meant to but she was a bit upset.

“Mian, mian, mian!” Kwang Soo sounded like Ivy had just slapped him in the face, which would have made her laugh if she wasn't still upset at what he said.

“Betraying, rude, Kirin,” Ivy mumbled.

“Ya! Do you want me to set up the audition or not?” Ivy couldn't argue with his logic but she could still groan a bit at him.

“Ne, Kirin oppa,” Kwang Soo's sigh was enough to bring a smile back to Ivy's face if she was being honest.

“Arrasseo, I'll talk to my boss and see what we can do. Do you have any other auditions coming up?” Kirin was definitely not the person that Ivy had expected to take an interest in her life but she couldn't cut the conversation short since he was doing her a favor.

“Aniyo. I've just been doing research honestly. I think that I'm leaning more towards Starship though. It seems like it's the best option,” Ivy said with a sigh.

“It is honestly a really good company. They're really good to their people, at least in my department. I think you might actually get along pretty well with one of the idols here too. She's from America,” Kwang Soo said with a bit of certainty in his voice.

“You do realize that not all Americans get along just because they're American right?” Ivy knew that he was talking about Cheshire, and she was definitely a fan, but she didn't know if that meant that Cheshire would like her.

“Well, I mean, I guess so but Cheshire has been bugging me to try to introduce you to her. Apparently she thinks you're hilarious,” Ivy couldn't help the sound that came out of . She might have terrified Kwang Soo, but she was excited.

“That is so cool! I love RI5E! I would love to meet her! Oppa! Please help me meet her!” Ivy couldn't actually help the fangirling that she was doing. It may have been irritating but it was an involuntary reaction.

“Ara, ara! I'll help you meet her! Stop screaming at me!” Even with Kwang Soo yelling at her, his laughter let Ivy know that he wasn't actually irritated with her. “Are you free to grab lunch some time this week? I'll see if I can set up the audition by then and see if I can bring Chess with me to lunch.”

“Ne, oppa that sounds fine with me,” Ivy said with a large smile covering her face. She squealed even more after she finally hung up the phone. Kwang Soo's promises to help her get an audition and to introduce her to Cheshire were definitely a big motivating factor for her next few days.

Ivy decided that, by the way Kwang Soo was talking, she would stop her research for a bit and only focus on Starship for the time being. The tone of the conversation had made her feel like it was better to go in and tell them that she was only focused on the one company. So Ivy took herself outside and down to the convenience store to grab a snack and an iced coffee to enjoy at the park near her hotel. She took her time to settle on a bench in the shade that overlooked a little grass area that a couple of people and their dogs were playing in before she pulled out her phone.

Well, hello nurse!” Mark's answer was rather hilarious to Ivy and made her almost shoot iced coffee out of her nose.

Hey! You're going to make me waste my iced coffee!”Mark chuckled and Ivy rolled her eyes. She felt as if she was talking to Angie who had been her friend for years rather than someone she had met a few weeks ago.

Okay, so what's been going on? Anything nifty happen since I've left you alone to be fought over?” Ivy could hear the eyebrow wiggle in Mark's voice. He was incorrigible.

Well, I guess things have been alright. I went on my dates with the guys and one more date with each. I'm even more confused than when I started. That's not the best thing that's happened though,” Ivy leaned back on the bench and looked up to the sky.

Ooooh, what happened? Hmmmm?” Ivy was about to answer when she heard rustling on Mark's side of the line. “Chica! No! Chica down!”

Awww! Chica baby! Are you trying to talk to me?” Ivy giggled as Mark came back on the line sputtering like he was getting fur out of his mouth.

Anyways~ tell me what happened!” Mark's singsong voice made Ivy roll her eyes again.

You can't tell anyone about this yet, but I was casted on Running Man. Gary left the show and they asked me to join. There's going to be at least one or two more people joining too but I'm going to be one of the permanent members if I can join a company within the ninety day probationary contract,” Mark's quick intake of breath let Ivy know that she had impressed Mark.

Wow! Really? That's awesome! So you're going to be moving to Korea permanently huh?” 

Yeah I guess I am, at least if I can join a company,” Ivy sighed a bit and slumped her shoulders down.

Don't even worry about that. You'll definitely join a company. Now you just have to worry about the big question. Who are you going to choose?”Mark's voice went from serious to sounding like a teenage school girl making Ivy scoff at him.

I guess that'll be the big question of the year honestly. I mean, the date with Yoongi was sweet but the fear of having to be so secretive with our relationship was kind of validated. We'd have to have a lot of dates at his dorm, which doesn't offer a lot of privacy. With Jong Kook, we went out to a bar and I actually ended up being recognized and we were able to walk around without really worrying about people following us. It was nice. Both of them kissed me again and both kisses were amazing but they were both different. Jong Kook's kiss felt more comfortable and... Familiar? I guess? Yoongi's was passionate and new. It's like it comes down to whether I want to settle down or if I want something to grow more into,” Ivy had a bit of trouble fully describing what she meant but she felt like she described it well enough.

Alright. Are you ready to settle down and put down roots, or do you want to still be able to run around and have some fun?” Mark always made everything sound so simple and it was something that Ivy appreciated and hated at the same time.

I'm not sure. I haven't even been here for long enough to know what I want. I just entered a new phase of my life, and it was kind of a crazy and quick change at that. I'm so worried that I'm going to make a decision and then it's not the right choice. Especially if I choose Jong Kook. If I choose him I could end up married to him pretty quickly and then if it's the wrong choice I'd have a divorce on me, which is a huge stigma here. I'm so terrified to choose and disappoint myself or them. I just don't know what to do at all,”Ivy knew that she sounded like a broken record with how she kept saying she didn't know but Mark didn't seem to mind. He was really good for just letting her vent her thoughts, even when they were repetitive.

Just give it some more time then. I'm sure that if they really care about you that they'll understand that you need some time to adjust and make your decision. Just let them know that you're not sure and why you need time. Pretty sure they'll both be wanting to take you on dates still. Though I'm pretty sure Yoongi might be a bit intimidated by the fact that you're going to be working with Jong Kook,” Mark brought up a new point that Ivy hadn't even thought of. How was Yoongi going to react to the idea of her working with Jong Kook every week?

Ugh. I guess I'll find out what Yoongi thinks of it in a week. He invited me to their comeback debut. I'm not really supposed to be telling anyone about the Running Man thing but I could probably manage to tell him without it getting out. He would probably be more upset with me if I didn't tell him about it myself,” Ivy rubbed her temples. She could feel the headache coming on and didn't know how she could deal with this any differently.


 

Ivy talked with Mark a bit more before they hung up and Ivy headed back towards her hotel. She stopped by the convenience store one more time on her way back to grab a bottle of soju. She really needed a drink. One thing that Ivy was definitely happy was completely different from the US was that she could drink as she made her way back to the hotel. The buzz was beginning to hit as she got to the front door of the hotel. That was also where she saw the big black limo. She smiled at the limo as she walked towards the door.

Her trek was halted short by a man in a suit though. He was fairly large, but not quite large enough to be scary. The light smile on his face also helped Ivy to breathe a little easier. He bowed his head slightly to her and motioned towards the limo that was now behind her. Ivy's eyes widened as she turned to look at the limo and then the man in front of her.

“I think you have the wrong person,” Ivy said as she waved her hands in front of her face, shaking her head.

“You are Ivy Jung correct?” The man questioned.

“Uh, yeah but I didn't arrange for a limo or anything like this,” Ivy said as the man turned her around by her shoulders to steer her towards the limo. “Wait! Ani!”

As she got closer to the limo the window went down, showing a man sitting in the limo. Ivy was starting to panic a bit as the man turned around to show his face, lightly pushing down his sunglasses. Ivy had never wanted to hit someone so much in her entire life to be honest.

Min Yoongi would definitely suffer for scaring her so badly.

“Jagiya, get in. We've got some shopping to do,” Yoongi smiled mischievously at her and scooted over in the limo.

“Yah! Min Yoongi! You scared me so much! I thought I was going to have to tell Angie to call Liam Neeson to come find me!” Ivy said as the suited man, who turned out to be the chauffeur, closed the door behind her.

“I'm sorry but I couldn't be standing out in front of your hotel waiting for you. If the press caught me, the company would never let me do this ever again with you,” Yoongi said with a light puppy dog look at her.

“That's still not okay! Why didn't you just text me?” Ivy said with a light punch on Yoongi's arm.

“I promise I'll make it worth it!” Yoongi said as he grabbed Ivy's arm and pulled her into him, kissing the top of her head. “We're going shopping for what you're going to wear to the comeback debut next week.”

“You don't have to do that Yoongi,” Ivy said as she turned her head to look up at him.

“I know I don't but I really want to,” He leaned down to place a kiss to her lips after he responded. Ivy couldn't help but smile at Yoongi being a big softie like this. It just wasn't ever something she expected from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hey guys! Quicker update than usual! Yay! Got a bit of fluff and filler but hey at least it's going places lol... It's also a bit of Storyception going on! If you've been reading my story We're All Mad Here then you'll recognize Cheshire ^_^ Also since it'll be said anyways, NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR MY PRESIDENT! LIAM NEESON 2K2K!! Angie that's just for you! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!