Sushi and Controversy

I Dream Of Running Man

Ivy couldn't really remember much of her night after the shower. She had stressed so much that it had passed in a bit of a blur. The hours had felt like minutes and she had even fallen asleep without realizing it. When she woke up the first thing she did was check her phone. There wasn't much, a few messages reminding her of the first filming she was to be apart of for Running Man and a reminder from Mark to check out the episode. Without much hesitation Ivy pulled her laptop closer to her and started the episode that had sat in her mailbox for all that time.

The episode had definitely seemed to have focused on her and Jongkook and Yoongi's interactions. It was easy enough to see why too. There was a lot of tension and drama among the three, but nothing too overtly romantic was left. They had even managed to edit around the kiss that had outed Jongkook. Ivy had to admit she was pretty impressed with the editing team. If she had just been seeing the episode as a fan and not someone that actually participated then she would have never known that there was a love triangle forming. She would have only guessed that the three of them were playing very convincing parts to make the episode more interesting.

That was when she decided to open the comments she had been told about. Knowing what the episode was like had definitely helped her to not feel so attacked. She even stopped reading them for a moment to send Mark a thank you text. They were worse than what she had originally expected before Mark's warning but not as bad as they could have been. It mostly seemed like they were from the fans that couldn't grasp the concept that they weren't actually in a relationship with this idol that they really knew nothing about. The majority were from Suga stans but there were a few from some avid Jongkook fans telling her to stay away in the same manner that they had told Hong Jin Young before.

If she hadn't been prepared for the onslaught of the thousands of 'stay away from my oppa' and 'if you don't back off I'll kill you' comments then Ivy knew that her mental health would have taken a hit. Thankfully the heads up had made it a bit more humorous than that. Ivy knew at that point that she didn't have to respond and that everything would die down but she decided to make a video about it anyways. She just wanted to address the attitude issue while she had the platform to do it.

Ivy took some time to set up her camera and to do her hair and make up. She wanted this to be basic but also professional and follow her normal style too. She wanted to make sure that her subscribers would actually listen to her and not brush it off as just another Korea vlog. She had to get her point across correctly.

“Annyeonghaseyo, BinguIvy-ibnida. Hey guys I'm BinguIvy and welcome to my channel. Today I have something serious to talk to you guys about. I know that normally serious isn't my style and that I generally stick to the lighthearted side of things and just ignore the mean things that people say but I can't do that this time.” Ivy took a deep breath and then continued.

As I'm sure most of you have seen the episode by now or at the very least seen my vlogs about it, I was on the most recent episode of Running Man here in Korea. I was a special guest along with Markiplier and BTS. During the episode I was paired with Suga and for the sake of entertainment a fierce competition brewed between Suga and Jongkook to see who would have been the better partner for me. I, of course, played into the part too. Not just for entertainment value either, but because, let's be honest, I'm a fangirl just like most of the people that watch my channel. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to get to play out the ultimate fangirl fantasy of two idols that are on my bias list fight for my attention! Tell me which of you would have ever turned it down!” Ivy's words weren't harsh and they were actually made lighter by the bright smile on her face. She allowed a few moments for herself to collect herself and her thoughts before she continued again.

Now knowing all of this there are still people leaving hateful comments and trying to tear me down. I understand that people are jealous and I entirely empathize with that feeling because I was that person a couple of years ago too. I was jealous that all these other unknown people kept having the opportunity to meet idols or biases and spend any amount of time with them and I couldn't. I get it but that doesn't excuse the actions of leaving these awful and horrible comments. Now I can handle them personally so I'm not really worried about what people have to say about me but I don't know if you guys can really understand how awful and nasty it makes the fandom look when people continuously do things like this. Always keep in mind that we don't really know these idols. We're only ever shown what they want us to see and whether or not that's their true personality or self isn't for us to decide or know. We know their stage personas. We know what they want us to believe they are. They have lives and idiosyncrasies and habits and flaws that they don't show us. It's not our job to decide who they can be friends with, have feelings for, or be around. These are, mostly, adult humans who deserve love and friendship, and, most of all, PRIVACY! They give us so much! They show us so much and work themselves to the bone to be able to keep us entertained and people have the nerve, neigh, the audacity to believe that they're owed more? That they own these idols? No I refuse to associate myself with any group of humans so intent on creating, basically, a slave for their own entertainment. I'm not saying that it wouldn't hurt if one of them announced a marriage or relationship because it would. We all hold a little bit of hope in ourselves that we'll be the one to capture their eyes and be the one they love, but the difference is realizing that it's a fantasy and not something you're entitled to. These commenters that try to run off friends, significant others, collaborators, or other fans aren't fans and I would even be willing to bet that a lot of them fall into the category of sasaengs which I could only hope that nobody ever actually wants to be one of them,” Ivy sighed and ran her hands down her face.

I usually don't rant at you guys like this and I'm sorry for everyone of you watching this video that didn't do any of the things I talked about but I felt like this was something that needed to be addressed while I had the platform to do it. I needed to say something while the hate comments were still pouring in or I might not be heard. I will never support tearing down anyone that is close to our idols. They deserve their happiness with whoever it is that they decide and I would hope that other fans feel the same way. I guess I'm going to end this video here. I want you all to know that I'm not angry or upset by these comments about me. I honestly couldn't care less about what is said about me but there's just no reason that these idols should suffer or be forced into an antisocial life because a few fans can't seem to separate fantasy from reality. Anyways, as always thanks for watching. Kamsamnida,” Ivy took a deep breath and released a heavy sigh as she began to upload the raw video to her YouTube channel. She didn't care to edit it as it wasn't but about a five or ten minute video already and she had said exactly what she wanted to.

As soon as it was uploaded, Ivy watched for a bit as the views started coming in along with some comments. There were some that seemed to back her up and agree with her but a lot were more hate ridden. Her opinion wasn't really controversial but calling out the fans on their was. It was definitely something that not a lot of people with her platform did. Most were afraid to lose their fan base themselves. Ivy on the other hand had never really cared that much. When her phone rang, Ivy was a bit confused but answered nonetheless.

Okay not entirely the response that I was expecting from you but I commend your immediate action,” Mark didn't even wait for her to greet him and started talking as soon as she had picked up the call.

I know. It seems a lot more harsh that it actually is though. I just felt like someone needed to call these s out before they get out of control. It's not even like this is the first time delusions have caused this kind of reaction. I'm just sick of watching people being possessive over idols that they don't even really know,” Ivy huffed her response a bit more irritated now that she had a chance to talk to someone other than her camera.

I don't blame you Ivy. I'm a bit worried about what could happen when news of you actually dating one of them or both of them comes to the surface though. They might point out this video and say that it was just you being selfish too,” Mark was right and Ivy knew that but she wasn't willing to admit it. Not to mention that she didn't really care to. “Look I'm just saying be careful. This might get too far out of hand before you know it.”

Thanks Mark. I know you mean the best,” Ivy sighed knowing it was the truth. Before Mark could speak to her again her phone dinged in her ear, startling her. “Hold on Mark someone just texted me.”

Ivy brought her phone down and saw that it was Kwangsoo that had texted her telling her to be ready for lunch by noon. It was currently 11:30. He was unbelievable. At least Ivy had done her hair and make up before she had recorded the video meaning she only had to change but she didn't have any idea what kind of lunch to expect. Was this related to her audition or just a friendly lunch together? Whatever it was she decided that something cute would work either way.

Don't worry too much. I'm sure everything will be fine but I have to go Mark. Apparently the giraffe wants me to be ready for lunch in thirty minutes and it might have to do with my audition so I have to go,” Ivy rambled a bit as she said her goodbyes to Mark, trying to multitask and also pick out her outfit at the same time.

Ah okay. Well good luck with that. I'll be rooting for you loudly and obnoxiously from this side of the ocean! Bye bye!”Ivy rolled her eyes when Mark ended the call on his YouTube sign off. Some times he was too much even for her.


 

It didn't take too long for Ivy to get herself into a simple black skirt with a white blouse and head down to the lobby to meet Kwangsoo. She tapped her toe a bit as she waited for his car to pull up. She was anxious and just wanted to hear what he had to say. It would make everything just a bit better if she could get one positive thing from her day.

It took a couple of minutes for her to spot the giraffe but when she did she noticed it definitely wasn't his car. He was riding passenger in a black Jeep Wrangler that she knew wasn't his and there was a puff of bright red hair piled into a bun on the drivers head that Ivy recognized. It was Cheshire. Ivy suddenly regretted her outfit choice but couldn't help her excitement from building.

“Ivy-ssi! Come on let's go for lunch!” Kwangsoo waved her over before he even made an attempt to move his seat, which he did by simply standing and moving into the back seat since the top was off. “Ivy this is Chess. Chess, Ivy.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Ivy-ibnida,” Ivy said with a bow towards the driver who smiled widely at her and tossed her a pair of big sunglasses.

Hey Ivy! Get in and let's go eat! I'm starving!” Chess laughed a bit and Ivy got in quickly putting on the sunglasses that Chess had tossed her.

“Hey! Don't do that! I'm not that great at English!” Kwangsoo yelled from the backseat.

Chess quickly made her way out onto the street with only a smirk at Kwangsoo's remark. After that, the drive to the restaurant was fairly quiet since the wind prevented most of the sound from traveling around. Ivy took the time to try and clamp down the fangirl feelings that kept creeping up on her. She couldn't believe that she was meeting RI5E's Cheshire! They were one of her absolute favorite girl groups! It didn't take too long before they were at the restaurant though and she had to figure out how she was going to make it through the lunch.

“I hope you're okay with sushi. This was the first place I ever took Kwangsoo when we first started hanging out so it seemed appropriate to take you too,” Chess said with a smile.

“I love sushi so that's awesome!” Ivy was trying her damnedest to not bounce up and down in excitement of having lunch with the idol.

“You two are both being weird. Stop holding back, you're both secret fangirls that aren't so good at hiding it so just squeal it out already and move on,” Kwangsoo said with an eye roll. He was sick of seeing the two women holding themselves back.

“Cheshire, I'm a super huge fan and I have no idea what to say! I'm just so excited to even be able to see you in person let alone actually have lunch with you and I don't even know what exactly to say to you because you're literally my role model,” Ivy said all in one breath finally letting herself get her fangirling out of her system.

“I've seen like every single one of your videos and absolutely love you. I think we're on a pretty even playing ground and I'm not too sure that I qualify as a role model,” Chess's laugh was bright and filled the waiting area of the restaurant making Ivy smile brightly along with her.

“Okay, that's a bit better. Now let's go eat,” Kwangsoo said as he followed the hostess to their private room.

“Kirin Oppa, did you just call me out to have lunch with you so that I could meet Chess?” Ivy asked as she sat down on the puffy pillows placed around the table that was set into the floor.

“Actually, yes and no. We have some information for you but I also wanted to meet you so we decided that having lunch together would be a good idea,” Chess replied for Kwangsoo.

“The company is going to sign you,” Kwangsoo said nonchalantly as he looked over the menu.

“What?!” Ivy exclaimed.

“Well Kwangsoo told me that you had asked about trying to get an audition and I just went to the CEO and told him that you're a pretty great talent. I even showed him some of your videos so that he had an idea of your talent. He really liked what he saw,” Chess answered.

“Are you serious?” Ivy was on the verge of tears. She hadn't imagined it would have worked out this well in her wildest dreams and now it was just being laid out in front of her.

“Yeah so you don't need to stress over that. They'll be in touch with you sometime this week. So, now you can enjoy this lunch a bit more. Maybe you should actually look at the menu now,” Kwangsoo said, still not looking up from his menu.

Ivy nodded her head and looked down at the menu in front of her. She was still on the verge of tears and was just so happy that this was finally working out. Even in the middle of the controversy with her getting the hate comments, she was happy. Everything was finally falling into place for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I am so sorry for the late update. I promise I haven't given up on any of my stories but definitely not this one... I've just been having a lot of life hit me hard but we're getting better lol. I've almost finished another story and I already have 2 of 3 parts of the epilogue for this one written but I have to get there lol. I promise I won't abandon this though... As Always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!