Road Trips and Conversations

I Dream Of Running Man

Ivy, Jong Kook, and Markiplier made their way over to the blue Hyundai that was to be their transportation from Seoul to Busan. Ivy's shoulders sagged just a bit as she got in the passenger's seat while Mark jumped into the back and Jong Kook got comfy behind the wheel. They started the engine and were soon off to their first destination of a park for their first mission.

"Uggghhh.... Why do we have to drive so far?" Ivy huffed and leaned back in her seat with a cringe on her face. Jong Kook smiled and chuckled a bit while reaching over and ruffling her hair.

"Why? What's so bad about having to spend time in a small space with me?" Suddenly Mark's head shot into the space between the driver and passenger's seat.

"What am I invisible now? Do I no longer exist?" The fake hurt expression on his face was just the best. Mark really knew how to play it up in front of a camera.

"No you're not Markimoo! I still see you! I still lurve you!" Ivy reached over and patted his head making him bring his shoulders up to his ears and do a ridiculous squirm of happiness. "I just hate being in a car for a long time. It makes me so sleepy and then I'll be useless in the games and I just want to prove my worth, Oppa."

"I think you proved all you needed to when you ousted me in the last chase. You don't have to do anything else to prove yourself. You're perfect," Jong Kook took his hand off her head to put her hand into his lacing their fingers. Ivy blushed but made no move to pull her hand away. Until her phone went off that is. She pulled her hand out of Jong Kook's to dig her phone out of her pocket. She felt her lips pull into a small smile to see that it was Suga.

MinSuga93: Are you filming yet?

BinguIvy: Yeah we're having to drive from Seoul to Busan all day with stops in between. Are you taking a break already?

MinSuga93: Nah. RapMon is working on some lyrics that he wants to be in English. So I've got a bit of time before he's done.

BinguIvy: Ah I see... Shouldn't you be worried about the production bit? I know you guys have been working to put out a self made album.

MinSuga93: Yeah but it's hard to focus when I really just want to talk to you. I wish we could have done the second day of filming. It's so boring here without you.

BinguIvy: Uh huh... Sure... You act like you don't love every second of what you're doing....

MinSuga93: Yeah you're right.. I love it... So how are you guys teamed up this time?

BinguIvy: Ji Hyo, Gary, and Jae Suk are a team, Kwangsoo, Suk Jin, and HaHa are a team and I'm on a team with Jong Kook and Markiplier.

MinSuga93: You're on Jong Kook's team? Can you trade? I don't like him being so close to you. He irritates me.

BinguIvy: He's your Hyung and Sunbae. You've literally been friends with him up until this past couple days... What the hell....

MinSuga93: I don't like the way he looks at you. He wants you... and I... I don't like it...

BinguIvy: You two are ridiculous...

MinSuga93: Idc if I'm being ridiculous... I just want you to see me... I don't want other guys looking at you like that...

BinguIvy: ...

MinSuga93: I'm sorry if that's too much... But it's true, Johahaeyo. Jinja...

BinguIvy: I have a lot to think about.... I can't really answer your feelings right now.... And I definitely don't want to do it over text...

MinSuga93: It's okay... I should have waited till I saw you again... I can wait... If it's for you I'd wait forever...

BinguIvy: Okay... Well... I guess I need to go... I think we're close to the location...

MinSuga93: Okay... I'll talk to you soon Jagi...

"Was that Yoongi-ah?" Jong Kook gave Ivy what looked like a really sad smile from the side as he was still paying attention to the road in front of him despite them having been in stand still traffic for the past fifteen minutes.

"Yeah... You two are the most confusing ers ever... Why did this have to be so complicated?" Ivy said most of this under her breath but Jong Kook and Mark apparently have a bat's hearing and immediately looked over at her.

"How are we confusing?"

"Because you loooooveee them!!!!!!"

Jong Kook and Mark said to her respectively. Ivy slapped her hand onto her forehead. She really needed to remember that they both spoke English, it was starting to take a toll on her mental and physical health. She couldn't keep avoiding it though so why not at least tackle half of the problem? It's not like they didn't have plenty of time in this trip, hell she didn't even have to worry about whether or not they could use the film considering there were two other teams.

"Because like Mark said. I love you both. I've been both you and Yoongi's fan for a long time now and now I'm caught in every fangirl's dream. You both like me... Unfortunately any way that I choose to go is going to end up with someone hurt, a career hurt, and with the added difficulty of me having to go back to the States eventually. No matter what I do this entire thing is so complicated and I can't figure out which of you I like more or which one will be less attacked if I return the feelings," Ivy laid her head back on the headrest and looked out the window.

"Well if it helps, most people don't really care all that much about what I do in my life anymore. They care if I'm winning or losing on Running Man and if I'm doing a concert but they're more wondering when I'm going to get into a relationship at this point. I was a big deal years ago but they care less now," Jong Kook finally looked over at her and gave her a small smile.

"See you say that but not only am I American and no where near an Asian decent, I'm also fifteen years younger than you. They would have a field day with that. They'd call me a gold digger. They'd say that I was just using you to further my own career and you would never hear the end of it from the press. I don't want to hurt anyone or anyone's career. BTS could lose a lot more if it came out that Yoongi and I started dating sure but you would lose a lot too. I can't be the reason for that. It would hurt too much," Ivy sighed. She really wouldn't be able to live with herself if she ever hurt these two men. She really did care about them both.

"I don't care about what people say about me anymore... I haven't for a while now. I just know that I care about you and want to be with you. I've never gotten these feelings for someone so quickly and you've got a hold on me that I can't even explain. I want to do nothing but protect you. I want to be the one you turn to when you have a problem. I want to be the one to hold you when you're upset. I don't like the idea of it being anyone else that you look at. I would never let people say those things about you. I defend you until my face turned blue if I had to," Jong Kook reached over and grabbed Ivy's hand again. "I wouldn't be able to stay in the States with you but I would visit every chance I got though and I'd bring you here whenever you wanted. Whatever I could do to make you happy I'd do it."

Ivy didn't have time to respond though as they were finally pulling into the park that they were to have their first mission at. When Jong Kook had parked the car Mark got out of the back seat and opened Ivy's door for her and pulled her into a hug.

"You know he's right. He's not exactly a bad choice. You should really consider him a bit more," Ivy gave Mark a smile and linked her arm with his as Jong Kook came over to her side of the car and linked his arm with her other one. They walked over to the mats that were set up on the basketball court and the other teams started commenting on their appearance.

"Wae? Are you all just so happy together? When did you get so close?" Jae Suk yelled over at three of them as they approached.

"Ne, Jae Suk Oppa! We've been close since yesterday didn't you know?" Ivy gave a slight pout and tilt of her head making the other men in the cast again scream out about her cuteness.

When everything had calmed down the crew explained to them that they would be chicken fighting each other. All the teams would be competing at once and the winning team would receive two envelopes with clues about the mission they would have to complete during the chase, while second place would receive one and last place got nothing. The other two teams quickly formed an alliance saying that they needed to take out Jong Kook as quickly as possible. None of them seemed to really take Ivy into consideration which, she had to admit, slightly irritated her. She knew it was all for the best though it would give her an edge. She had done a chicken fight on her channel before and had actually been pretty good at it.

Before the other teams could get too into their planning though they were told to take their places on the mat and get ready. All of the teams quickly assumed the position and the whistle was blown. Ivy was blown away by how unstable some of the other cast members seemed to be Hadn't they done this a hundred times by now? Never the less it seemed like they really were sticking to their plan to get Jong Kook out as swiftly as possible as they all started to head for him. Ivy decided to try to attack the stragglers first figuring that Jong Kook and Mark could handle the first few that showed up. She hopped over to where Ji Hyo was trying to enter from and quickly launched herself into Ji Hyo's side causing the smaller girl to lose her balance almost immediately and fall. Well that was much easier than she thought. Ivy then turned and noticed that despite his obvious advantage the Giraffe was hanging around the outside of the group trying to take down Jong Kook and Mark though they had both managed to knock out two of the others, Gary and Suk Jin. Ivy worked her way to where she was directly behind Kwangsoo and her knee into the back of his thigh with as much force as she could muster. It wasn't enough to knock him over but it was enough to apparently wound him. As he was turning around and rubbing the spot where Ivy's knee made contact she hopped into him making the both of them fall to the mats at the same time that Mark knocked over HaHa. Jong Kook and Mark quickly regrouped and knocked over Jae Suk with ease and Ivy ran over and jumped onto them both wrapping her arms around their necks. They celebrated a bit more as the other members got up and regrouped so that they could all receive their winnings. HaHa, Suk Jin, and Kwangsoo gave the other two teams envious looks as they were given their envelopes. Shortly after they were back in their cars and heading out of Seoul.

It was going to be a long two hour drive before their next mission but Ivy's team was ecstatic and celebrating as they got into their car. All thoughts of their earlier conversation almost completely forgotten. Though Ivy was seriously considering what Jong Kook had said. Maybe he really was the best choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Soooooo...... I wasn't planning for it to be like this... I had planned for Ivy to talk to Suga about this first but I guess sappy songs are against me lol... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!