Why So Serious?

I Dream Of Running Man

The entire drive from Seoul to Mungyeong was fairly easy and fun. Mark had made it a point to start singing some American songs at the top of his lungs and by far his funniest was Love Game by Lady Gaga. (A/N If you want to know what I'm thinking of just go look up Markiplier Disco Stick on YouTube... It's hilarious) When Mark started singing that did it, the car became their own personal karaoke bar. Ivy hooked her phone up to the bluetooth in the car and started playing her playlist. Given that 90% of it was Kpop but who cares? She had a few fun American songs and if they ever needed to she'd just switch over to YouTubeRed and play something there. They sang to their hearts content laughing and joking about how bad the others were. Ivy and Mark teamed up to make fun of Jong Kook even though they knew that singing is what he did for a living. It was really funny to watch him get so defensive and Ivy couldn't wipe the smile off her face as the Commander made an appearance. Even when he couldn't help but let the Commander come out he was still smiling because of how brightly Ivy was shining. She was just immaculate.

"Yah! If you can do better why don't you prove it!" Jong Kook laughed as Ivy set a determined look on her face and searched through her playlist for something to sing. She decided on Summit by Skrillex. As the beat rang through the speakers Ivy closed her eyes and started to slightly dance in her seat. Jong Kook almost pulled the car over when she sang the first phrase though. She had a beautiful voice. And the soft smile on her face showed that she could feel all the emotions in the song even though there weren't all that many lyrics to the song. Jong Kook could have watched her sing all day and wished he could have but driving really needed to be something he focused on.

"Hey! That doesn't count Missie! There were barely any lyrics!" Mark insisted from the back seat. Ivy laughed at him and just looked through her playlist one more time. She came across the perfect song. Neither of the boys seemed to recognize it at first but that didn't even matter to Ivy who had once again lost herself in the music. This song was everything she had ever really wanted to say to the two complications in her life and at least she would have one of them listen to it. The first verse didn't apply as much as the second but that didn't stop her from singing it fully with her heart. She had always loved this cover that RapMon and Jungkook had done but it reigned more true in her life at this exact moment than she had ever hoped it would. When RapMon's verse of Fools came up she belted it out without a single worry.

"Oh our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this. The differences and impulses and your obsession with it. The little things, you like stick and I like aerosol. Don't give a , not giving up. I still want it all. Only fools fall for you, only fools. Only fools do what I do, only fools fall. Only fools fall for you, only fools. Only fools do what I do, only fools fall. And I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes. I see a little house on the hill and childrens names. I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanquerey. But everything is shattering and it's my mistake," Jong Kook didn't miss any of the lyrics. He just wasn't sure if he should think of it as something she was relating to him. He figured she felt like it was a stupid idea for her to fall for him or even Yoongi for that matter but he couldn't quite figure out if this had more to it. Unfortunately when the song ended he didn't get the chance to ask as T.O.P's Doom Dada came on and she immediately started dancing and rapping along with him

Mark and Ivy sang along and danced in their seats until it got to T.O.P's fast bit and then Ivy got the biggest smile on her face that scrunched her nose and close her eyes. It was by far her favorite part of almost any song she had ever heard and it always made her have this reaction. She could hear Mark and Jong Kook laughing and figured it had to do with the way her face looked but she couldn't care less. Ivy lived for this song. T.O.P. was her first ever bias after all. They all laughed and sang and had fun until Ivy heard Jong Kook's stomach rumble louder than the music in the car.

"Haha! Are you hungry Tiger?" Ivy giggled and looked over at him. He had turned a light shade of pink which made Ivy giggle more.

"Ne. I haven't eaten since about 4:30 this morning," Jong Kook chuckled at Ivy's horrified face.

"Are you kidding me?! Why were you even alive at 4:30? That is the most terrifying thing I have ever heard in my life. Oh my god..." Ivy shuddered at the thought. She absolutely hated mornings and in her world there was no such thing as five a.m. She couldn't possibly imagine waking up that early for a damn thing.

"I had to work out. Can't skip leg day," Mark chuckled from the back earning Ivy's attention. When she looked at him he frowned deeply closing his eyes and nodding.

"Leg day is definitely important," Ivy just rolled her eyes. These guys were crazy.

"Well since you're hungry and if I don't eat now I'll forget to all day, let's pull over and grab something quick. I swear to god Oppa if you say something about how it's not healthy and don't pull over, I will cut you," Jong Kook laughed at Ivy's threat but still pulled over. They found a small street that was filled with food vendors and quickly piled out of the car to grab their food. They weren't expected at the next location for another forty five minutes and they were only about ten or fifteen away. They had been told they could stop and grab food too so they were going to quickly grab something and hopefully eat it on the way. Though unfortunately most of the food on this street seemed to require both hands to eat and Ivy wasn't going to let Jong Kook skip his meal. They quickly split off and grabbed their food, Ivy thanked the heavens that Mark's translator had been in the car behind them with their vjs. The poor boy didn't even know how to order food.

Ivy quickly grabbed some goldfish bread, mandu, and hotteok for herself before starting to head back to the car. On her way back she came across an odeng stand. Knowing that Jong Kook would probably not find much that he could eat while driving Ivy went over and grabbed a decent handful of the skewers figuring that should be enough for both her and Jong Kook to have some. She swiftly paid the ahjumma and bowed thanking her before heading back to the car. 

Ivy had already finished her goldfish bread and two of her five mandu by the time the boys got back. Mark had his arms filled to the brim with all he could carry of the street food and looked like every American when their mom shows them the buffet for Thanksgiving. Jong Kook only had a small handful of things that he could eat while driving. Exactly like Ivy had figured he would.

"You're kidding me right? You know that you're not going to be any kind of useful if you pass out because you're hungry right?" Jong Kook simply chuckled and started the car getting back out onto the main road before even answering Ivy.

"Don't worry this should be more than enough. There weren't a lot of healthy options that I could take with me," Ivy simply rolled her eyes and finished off her mandu and hotteok while Jong Kook ate his small meal. When they were both done Ivy held out the first skewer of odeng to Jong Kook who gave her a weird look.

"I knew you wouldn't get enough food so I got us both fish cakes. I swear to god Oppa I will shove this skewer down your throat if you don't eat it," Ivy watched as he tried to take it from her hand and just hissed a bit at him to stop his actions. "Uh-uh. I don't trust that you won't just try to throw it out the window. I'm feeding it to you. Get over it and eat."

Jong Kook blushed a good five shades darker than usal and took a hesitant first bite of the odeng. Ivy smiled at him before picking up her own skewer and eating her own quickly. She made sure to check on Jong Kook to see when to feed him a new skewer and they soon started to grin and giggle at each other. That's right Kim Jong Kook giggled. It melted Ivy's heart hearing him giggle and it had to be the cutest thing she had ever seen. He didn't give her anymore problems about her feeding him and she smiled at every skewer they finished.

When they finally pulled up to the location the two other teams were already there and Jong Kook and Mark got out of the car. Ivy followed quickly but she had run out of the car with the last two odeng and grabbed Jong Kook's hand. When he turned to face her she made to hand him his skewer but he simply bit off of it taking the other one and feeding it to Ivy who went wide eyed. She finished off the skewer none the less and could hear the other members yelling at them.

"Omo! They're so cute!" JiHyo was the first to notice them this time and drew the others' attention to them.

"Wah! Already feeding one another! They are stealing your title! Gary!" HaHa yelled over towards Gary and JiHyo. Ivy simply blushed after Jong Kook took the skewers from her to throw them away and headed over to the others to get their mission.

"I feel personally attacked, Ivy-ah! Why are you trying to make things more difficult for me with JiHyo!?" JiHyo slapped his arm after his question saying something along the lines of what are you saying to him.

"Mianhe! I didn't mean to Gary-ssi. I just needed to make sure Oppa ate so we could destroy you all," Ivy bowed and had the biggest smile plastered on her face when she stood back upright. She really was a queen when it came to trash talking and she wasn't afraid to ruffle these guys' feathers a bit. It was all in good fun after all. She was taken by surprise though when she felt an arm wrap around her shoulders and turned to see Jong Kook smiling over at the others.

"Don't be jealous that my girl wants to take care of me and yours like to see you suffer. Green isn't a very good color on you Gary-ah," Ivy laughed whole heartedly at Jong Kook's jab and the way that Gary staggered backwards in shock at his words. It was all so entertaining.

Once this interaction had settled down the PDnims made the announcement of the game. Apparently they had showed up to Zipline Mungyeong and were going to race each other between the nine courses. The team with the fastest time would again receive two envelopes and as the second place team would receive one and last place would get none again. Ivy's eyes sparkled she really loved everything about this idea. Apparently they would have the first person go down the first zipline then when the first was successfully detached they would start the second person as the first headed to the fourth course and the third person would start as the second was detached and headed to the fifth course and so on until all nine courses were finished. If they were late gettin to their course that would be counted in their time so they were going to have to run to their courses.

This was going ot be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I've really gotten myself hyped up for this mission like omg... I love ziplines they're so much fun lol... And we all know that 90% of the Running Man cast are either terrified of heights or rides lol... I'm really looking forward to this... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!