Chapter Nine

Snowdrop

Yewon arrived in school still feeling nervous about seeing Jimin. She didn't know what to think of the kiss. Should i just pretend that it didn't happen, she thought while sitting down in her chair. But Eunbi suddenly grab her arm, " So, tell me what happened in your date," Eunbi asked excitedly.

"Nothing," replied Yewon looking away.

"Yeah right," said Eunbi annoyed.

Yewon was about to speak when their teacher came. She quickly grab her book from her backpack, relieved to have an excuse to end the conversation. Yewon, for the first time in her life, gave her fullest attention to the teacher in front of the class. Ignoring the hushed whispers of her bestfriend. She didn't even dared glance at Eunbi, she either stare at their teacher or pretend to read her book.

However, Eunbi throw a folded paper unto Yewon's way. She caught and opened it. The note says, tell me what happened with your date with Jimin Oppa.

Yewon wrote back, we rode the monorail and the log flume and ate some potato twist. And threw the paper back to Eunbi.

Eunbi wrote something and gave the paper to Yewon right away. She opened it an read, Yes, and what else happened?

Yewon wrote, we went skating. Then she gave the note to Eunbi but her friend only scribbled something briefly and returned the note to her. 

Okay, then what happened after that?

Yewon sighed after reading the note. She glanced at her bestfriend who's smiling at her eagerly. We went home, Yewon scribbled on the note and gave it to Eunbi and focus all her attention to class.

" Why are you not telling me about the kiss?" Eunbi demanded when their class was over.

"What?!" exclaimed Yewon turning red.

"So, its true then. There was a kiss," Eunbi concluded happily while looking at her flustered friend.

Yewon gave her bestfriend a weak smile.

" That's perfect! Then all of us can go on a double date next time," said Eunbi excitedly. " Tell me more about the kiss. Where did Jimin Oppa kiss you? What did you say after? Is he your boyfriend now?"

"Ah...," said Yewon unsure. " I think I need to go to the bathroom," she finished and dash to the female bathroom.

" Okay, I wait for you in the cafeteria with Jungkook Oppa and Jimin Oppa," called her friend after her.

                                                                 ..................................................................

What am I gonna do?, Yewon thought out loud, while staring at herself in the bathroom mirror. Does it mean I'm dating Jimin Oppa now? But he didn't really asked me to be his girlfriend. Maybe I should wait until Oppa tells me, she decided. Yewon straightened herself and walk out of the female bathroom when she saw Yoongi walking in the hallway.

" Oppa," she greeted him.

Yoongi gave her a short nod and walk towards the cafeteria.

That's weird. Yoongi Oppa seemed to be quiet today, she thought before walking towards the cafeteria as well. She found her three friends sitting on a corner table. She approach their table and sat next to Eunbi.

Yewon quietly starts eating her lunch when Eunbi and Jungkook excused themselves.

" We need to go to the library and study," explained Eunbi.

But Eunbi-ah, you don't like going to the library, Yewon thought suspiciously.

" Besides, you guys needs some privacy," adds Jungkook. 

Jungkook and Eunbi left for the library, leaving Yewon and Jimin alone in the table. The two sat there quietly both feeling embrassed.  Yewon look at Jimin waiting for him to say something but he seems to be out of words. Yewon look away from Jimin when she caught sight of Yoongi staring at them but turned away as soon as she saw him. Yoongi is now talking to his friends in their table.

" Yewon-ah," said Jimin looking shy. " I really like you a lot and I know that you are still waiting for your parents to come back, so I won't ask you to date me now. But when they are back, can you be my girlfriend?" 

"Oppa," responded Yewon while staring at Jimin. 

"  You don't have to answer now.  Just tell me your answer when your parents are back," he adds.

                                                                     ...............................................................

Yewon was walking towards the bus stop. Her three friends still have dance practice so she decided to go home alone. she sat on the bench and waited for the bus to arrived. She thought about what Jimin had confessed but she is still unsure of her feelings for him. I'll think about it when Eomma and Appa are back, she decided. 

She then saw Yoongi driving towards the bus stop and smiled unknowingly. She look at him riding in his motorcycle as he approaches. But surprisingly he did not stop and continued speeding through the street.

Yewon look as he disappeared through distance and felt a pang of disappointment creep in.