Chapter Thirteen

Snowdrop

Yewon was quietly stacking her books unto her locker when Eunbi suddenly close it for her.

"I know what I'm gonna do!" She exclaimed. " I' m gonna sit at the corner table on the far right and you guys can sit across" continued Eunbi.

" But Eunbi-ah, I promised I won't bring any friends" argued Yewon feeling conflicted.

" You are not bringing me Yewon-ah. I'm bringing myself," Eunbi reasoned out. "Besides I'd rather eavesdrop on two people dating than eat my lunch with two boys arguing about soccer. 

"Maybe, I should just introduced you two with each other and eat lunch together."

"But it's a date, remember," replied Eunbi with a teasing smile.

" He didn't mean it like that!" 

" Whatever you say," said Eunbi while happily leading the way to the Pancake Restaurant.

                                 .....................................................................................

The restaurant was almost full when they arrived and they waited for a few minutes to get their preferred seats. Eunbi and Yewon both ordered first as Yoongi seems to be running late. They talk together as their table are close-by. However, an hour had passed and their food have arrived and no Yoongi was in sight.

Yewon decided to call him as he didn't reply to her text messages but nobody answered.

" I'm starting to not like this guy," opened up Eunbi who decided to sit on Yewon's table to console her friend.

" Maybe, he has a reason," said Yewon getting tears eyed.

" Yeah, maybe." Replied Eunbi dismissively. She still feels deep down that Jimin is the one for her friend. " But if he can't come, shouldn't he inform you?" Added Eunbi. 

Yewon gave her friend a weak smile. It is one thing to get stood up for a lunch date but another thing to get stood up by someone you really like.

Maybe he has a good reason for missing lunch with me, Yewon thought. But somehow I wish he has a better reason for not replying or calling. It feels like he doesn't care about me and that hurts more, she adds.

Yewon eat her lunch quietly while holding back her tears. On the other hand, Eunbi eat her lunch quietly while holding her anger towards Yoongi. She felt bad towards her tearful best friend and silently swear off Yoongi.

                                 ....................................................................................................................

Yewon was sadly walking at the hallway while her friend, Eunbi was dragging her by the hand to Yoongi's classroom. Eunbi is insisting to look for Yoongi and demand an explanation. 

" Eunbi-ah, let's just talk after school at home."

" Yewon-ah, this Oppa is irresponsible and need to explain right now."

A classmate of Yoongi pass by with his bag that Yewon couldn't help but react. "Ah, " said the older boy. " Are you looking for Yoongi?" He asked.

" Yes." Replied both Yewon and Eunbi.

" Then we can all go to the infirmary together."

" What?" Exclaimed Eunbi.

" Oh yeah. He was sick during our first period."explained the boy, RM.

A feeling of worry filled Yewon's chest as she remember that Yoongi barely sleep last night.