Chapter One

Snowdrop

" In myth, snowdrop symbolizes a promise, to break winter's spell and bring back spring."

 

One lonely night, a brown haired girl was walking along a deserted road aimlesly. She looks distress with tears flowing down her cheeks. She was devastated with the news she received that she stormed out of her Aunt's house wearing nothing but her pajamas.

" Your parents are missing, " the police have told her." Their yacht went off-course during the storm. We are currently tracking them down."

Imagine hearing that a day before your birthday, Kim Yewon thought bitterly. She tried to remember her parents smiling faces when they promised to return from their vacation a day before her birthday. Yewon didn't really gave it much thought at the time. Her parents would often go on vacation and that parting felt like every other one. " If I had known," she thought out loud. "I would have hug Eomma and Appa tighter and tell them to go safely." she continued as tears roll down her cheek.

Yewon was loss in thought that she didn't hear the screeching of the wheels and the sound of the motorcycle coming to a sudden halt.

"YAH!! Are you crazy?!," yelled the driver while removing his helmet to reveal a blonde haired older boy. 

Yewon turned to his direction suprised. She then noticed that a motorcycyle was right next to her with barely an inch separating the front wheels to her feet. And at that exact moment her legs gave out on her. As she falls down, Yewon realized how exhausted she is.

Dropping his helmet to the ground, the boy dash to help Yewon up. "Are you okay?" he asked.

" No." she replied quietly, almost a whisper.

"I did not hit you or did I?" he asked again, confused.

"That's not what I meant." she clarified.

"Oh," he muttered, looking more confused.

Their conversation was interrupted with the sound of Yewon's stomach growling.

"Ah, " she sighed. " I shouldn't have skipped dinner." she continued feeling depleted. She remembered how anxious she had been earlier with her parents being late and her Aunt calling the police.

" Come on," the boy said yanking her up. " Let's go eat. I'm starving too."

Yewon stands up as the older guy picks his helmet and grabs an extra one from the backseat compartment. "Here," he said, handing Yewon the extra helmet.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"Let's grab something to eat," he replied and mounted on his motorbike. " What are you waiting for?" he called when Yewon did not move.

Yewon hastily put on the helmet and hop on the back of the motorbike. And slowly holds onto the older boy's shirt. But he grabs her arm to put on his waist. "I drive fast." he commented.

After a few minutes they park next to a convenience store.

"It's late. This is the best we got," he remarked motioning to the convenience store.

They mounted off the motorcycle and went inside. A sea of instant noodles greeted them but Yewon remembered that she doesnt have any money.

" Wait," she called out."I didn't bring any money."

"Its alright. It's on me," he replied turning back to look at Yewon from head to toe, wearing only her pajamas and house slippers. "What happened to you?" he asked.

" I was told my parents went missing while on a trip. I got upset and stormed out," she explained.

"Oh, that's bad. But everythings gonna be alright, so just hang in there." he reassures Yewon looking sympathetic. 

They stare at each other for a moment.

"Thanks," Yewon started but realizing that she doesn't know his name yet." Ahh.. ajusshi, what's your name?"

"Ajusshi!! I'm a senior in high school, " he reponded feeling insulted. "Its Min Yoongi. how about you pajama girl, what's your name?"

Pajama girl! Is he trying to get back at me, she thought. " Its Kim Yewon. Yoongi Oppa."

Yewon and Yoongi ate their ramen in silence. A call from Yoongi's phone breaks their silence.

"It's Dad, " Yoongi muttered. looking at his phone, he  adds," Wait, its already mignight?. Come on, Ill drop you home."

Yewon stoods up and walks with yoongi. On their way home, she looks back on what happened. Though it was an series of misfortune, she did meet a new friend, Min Yoongi. it's not all bad Yewon ah, she thought to herself. 

Upon arrival Yewon sincerely thanks Yoongi and wonders if she will meet him again.