Chapter Twelve

Snowdrop

Yewon hardly slept that night. She spent most of her time lying on bed, wide awake and worrying about Yoongi. He was quieter on their way home and hardly spoke a word to her when he drop her off. 

She stared at the dimly-lit ceiling and remembered the night sky in Han River. She smiled to herself at the thought of Yoongi appearing every time she's upset. "its like Yoongi oppa's my guardian angel consoling me," she spoke to herself softly. "I wish I know how to make Yoongi Oppa feel better when he's sad too." she adds as her smile fades away.

An image of her giving Yoongi chocolates on valentines day flash through her mind, while her heartbeat gets louder by the second. She froze on her bed for a moment. "Why am I having these thoughts?" she asked out loud while moving her head in denial. She placed her hand unto her chest, as if to calm down her feverish heat. As the realization dawns on her, she likes Min Yoongi.

                                                               ............................................................................................

The next morning, Yewon got off from her bed looking sleepy and sluggish as she staggered her way to the bathroom. She only slept for a couple of hours before her alarm clock woke her up. She hastily wash up and got ready for school. When she desend to the living room, she saw her Aunt Sowon sleeping on the couch. The young girl tiptoed her way to the kitchen and found her breakfast ready. Yewon quietly eat and head out to go to school. 

On her way to the bus stop, she notice Yoongi's motorcycle is still in his driveway. She wondered how she's gonna talk to him from now on.Loss in thought, Yewon walk mindlessly to the bus stop but abruptly stop when she saw Yoongi sitting on a bench next to it. she could feel her heartbeat racing.

"Oppa" she muttered.

"Yewon-ah."

"I thought... I thought you are driving... to school," she stammered as her cheeks turns pink.

"ah.. ,"he said with a cheeky grin as he smooth out his ruffled blonde hair. "I didnt sleep last night so im taking the bus," he adds to explains.

" Oppa, kin cha na?" she asked concerned.

"Yeah," he replies with an easy smile.

Yewon couldnt help but stare at Yoongi's brightly smiling face. As her heart begins to flutter, yewon decided to look away and caught sight of the incoming bus. She quietly walk towards the bus stop to give herself and the older boy some distance.

The bus was already full when they step inside. Yewon walked towards a pole to hold on to it while Yoongi followed behind her. It was a peaceful ride until the bus abruptly stop in front of their school.

The sudden stop cause Yewon to lose her balance and almost fell, but Yoongi swiftly held her waist to keep her still. Yewon instinctively grab unto Yoongi's arms to keep herself from falling. The two teenagers ended up standing so close to each with barely an inch between their flushed faces.

*thud, Thud.... Yewon could hear her heart beating as loudly as Yoongi's. It was a while before she could react. Instead she stared at Yoongi bright red face and continued to hold unto his arms.

When Yewon noticed that some of the passengers are looking at them. She let go of Yoongi's arms and hastily exited the bus feeling embarassed, while Yoongi followed her.

"Yewon-ah, " yoongi called from behind.

The young girl turned and caught yoongi staring at her.

" Since i bought you dinner the first time we met shouldn't you buy me a lunch today?" the blonde boy ask cheekily.

"ah, okay. But, oppa... . actually, there is a really good pancake house behind the school that my friends and i like to go. Do you wanna go there?" she asked excitedly.

" That sounds nice but I think its nicer if you dont bring your friends with you. Besides I have something to tell you."

Though suprise at Yoongi's request, Yewon still nodded in agreement as she's glad to spend lunch time with Yoongi. 

"It's a date then," said Yoongi before walking inside the school happily leaving Yewon dumbfounded.