Chapter Three

Snowdrop

Eunbi and Yewon were walking along the hallway after class.

"Does that mean our trip to Lotte World is cancelled?" Eunbi asked looking disappointed.

"You guys can still go. You go without me and have fun."

"But Yewonie, we're celebrating your birthday, that's why we are going, " Eunbi insisted.

"I'm really sorry Eunbi-ah but I can't."

"Oppa!" Eunbi exclaimed when she saw Jungkook and Jimin walking towards them. "Yewonie is not joining us."

"Why?" Jimin asked when they reach the two girls.

"I'm going to Taean-gun with my Aunt to distribute flyers. In case anybody from there saw my parents," Yewon explained.

"Oh, " Jimin muttered looking sad.

"It's okay, we can go to lotte park again tomorrow."

"that's a promise, okay." said Eunbi.

"Of course," replies yewon." okay, bye guys. I need to hurry. I'm meeting my Aunt at 04:30," she added as she waved them goodbye.

She walked to the bus stop quietly while her three friends went to the opposite direction. She was sitting on the bus stop when a motorcycle pulled over.

"Yah, pajama girl! Are you going home?" called a familiar voice.

Yewon looked up to a smiling Yoongi, looking embarassed as several other people on the bus stop stared at her.

"Stop calling me that!" she snapped.

"Here." he said casually and throws her a helmet."I'll drop you home."

"It's okay, I'll take the bus."

"But I live across your Aunt's house."

"Really."

" Yeah. I forgot to tell you last night but we moved in 2 days ago. Actually, today is my first day in seoul high."

"How was it ?" she asked.

"Not bad," he replied with a smirk while staring at her. " Come on, I'll drop you off," he added.

Feeling shy that yoongi still didn't look away, Yewon put on the helmet to distract herself. But Yoongi extended his arm to help her. Yewon timidly hold on to his arm and mounted on the motorcycle. 

"Hold on tight, I drive fast," he told her. 

Yewon put her arm around Yoongi's waist as he drive off. They were so close that she could smell his perfume and feel the warmth on his back. Why does he always drive this fast, she thought. She looked back on the first night they meet and how he had helped her. Loss in thought, Yewon was surprise when Yoongi suddenly asked," So any news about your parents?"

"Nothing yet," she replied disheartened. " But my Aunt and I will go to Taean-gun and give out flyers. So maybe that'll help." she added more to cheer herself up that Yoongi. 

The response brought silence to the two teenagers. They were quiet for a while before Yoongi asked," Can I come. I'm kinda bored at home."

" I don't think your parents would let you. Its two hours drive from seoul."

"Nah, my dad doesn't care where I go. As long as I'm home by midnight, ' he replied nonchalantly. " He always works late anyway, " he adds.

It took some time before Yewon could reply as she could feel that he was bothered by it even though he acts unconcerned. She stared at he's back and wondered whether he feels lonely inside. "How about your mom?" she asked quietly, barely a whisper.

" My mom died when I was ten," he replied softly.

" Oh, I'm sorry." said Yewon feeling guilty that she had asked. 

Yoongi didn't reply but only drive faster. It startled Yewon that she tighten her grip by reflex. Yoongi felt her grip tighten and laugh. Yewon feeling embarassed slowly loosen the grip but Yoongi put his left hand on her arm and said," Just hold on to me tight if your scared."