Chapter two

Snowdrop

The next morning, Kim Yewon went to school early. She didn't really slept much that night. She was still worried about her parents that she called her Aunt the minute she arrived in school for any news. Unfortunately, there wasn't any. She opened her locker when a note fell down. She picked it up and read it.

 

Walk 10 steps to your right and turn left, then walk 20 steps more and open the door.

 

She followed the directions on the note and it led her to the dance team's practice room. It must be Eunbi, she thought. Her bestfriend Hwang Eunbi is a member of their school's dance team, along with their other friends, Jeon Jungkook and Park Jimin.

 

Yewon opened the door and went inside. To her surprise, a huge banner was hanging on the wall, it says "Happy Birthday Kim Yewon" with pink and blue balloons on its corner. At that moment, her friends jump out from the table in the corner and cheered, " Surprise." Eunbi approached her holding a cake while the two boys behind her singing Happy Birthday.

 

"Eunbi-ah," yewon exclaimed. "This is so sweet," she added getting teary eyed.

"Oh, don't cry. Its your birthday." replied Eunbi.

Yewon blows the candles on the cake and starts to smile." Thanks guys."

"Yewon-ah, this is for you," said her friend Jimin, giving her a bouquet of red roses.

"Ohhh..," tease Eunbi and Jungkook, making both Jimin and Yewon blush.

" I was meaning to...," Jimin started getting redder. " ask you out. If that's okay." he added.

They stare at each other for almost a minute when Yewon breaks the silence.

"Oppa, I don't know what to say," she blurted out honestly. " I don't want to date at this time as my parents went missing yesterday while on vacation. I'm just really worried," the brown haired girl confesses,now starting to cry.

"Is that why you didn't answer your phone last night?" Eunbi ask looking worried.

Yewon could only nod. When Jimin suddenly hugged her. " Yewon-ah, its okay. Oppa is here," he whispered to her while hugging her tightly. 

" Thanks Oppa," she replied.

" Yeah. We are all here for you," Eunbi Added. Now all three friends are group hugging Kim Yewon.

 

                                                 .........................................................................

Eunbi and Yewon walk to their classroom holding hand in hand. The two girls had been best of friends since kindergarten. They are now first grade in high school while the two boys are 2nd graders. They met Jimin and Jungkook when Eunbi auditioned for their school's dance team 4 months ago. Now all four are close friends and Eunbi and Jungkook are dating while occassionally throwing hints and teasing on Jimin and Yewon's way to start dating.

Yewon holds her bouquet absentmindedly when it hits Eunbi.

"Are you lost in though thinking about Jimin Oppa," Eunbi tease.

"No, " Yewon denied." I was just thinking how long we have been friends."

" Technically, that's still a yes," Eunbi concluded with a smile.

" Not that way," Yewon insisted when something caught her eye. It was the seniors class 3-1. Someone familiar entered the room. Yewon stared at him for a while when the boy smirked at her. It was him, Min Yoongi.

" Who are you looking at? " Eunbi asked looking intrigue.

" Nobody." she lied.