isn't

Bizarre Love Triangle

sorry the chapters are short

 

 

 

 



    Taekwoon woke up with the sun. The blinds had been left open and his apartment pointed east. He sat up, ruffling his black hair into something presentable before checking his phone.

Hakyeon is absolutely lovely

He's a screamer

    He blushed, wondering if Hakyeon could make him scream. He closed his eyes and caught a brief flash of one of Leo's memories.

    Yes. He certainly hoped Hakyeon could make him scream like that.

 

    He stepped into the kitchen and his roommate, Hongbin was at the stove.. Most likely trying to figure out how to operate it..
    “Where are we off to today, hyung?”

    “I was just going to the library. I shouldn't be long.”

    “You want one of us to accompany you?” Sanghyuk asked.

    “I'll be fine. I'll message you if There's a change of plans.” They nodded at him.

 

    Hakyeon went to the library. He'd been having the strangest dreams. He messed up. Big time. He kept waking up angry. Mostly with himself. He figured it wouldn't hurt to look at a dream dictionary or something.

    He was looking for the right call number when he bumped into someone.

    He turned to apologise but froze for a second before grinning excitedly.

    “Taekwoon!”

    “Shh, we're in a library.”

    “Where have you been?” He stage whispered.

    “Around.” Verbose as usual. Hakyeon wasn't deterred. He saw the look on Hakyeon's face and made an attempt to continue the conversation. He didn't want to see the older man look so disappointed. “What- what are you looking for’?” He asked.

    Hakyeon looked so pleased that the raven haired man was trying to take an active part in the conversation. It actually made Taekwoon's heart skip a beat.

    “I was looking for a dream dictionary. I've been having these weird dreams lately, but I don't really want to buy one.”

    “I don't have dreams.” Taekwoon replied, “who knows if I can…” he looked like he had stopped himself from saying something else and just sighed, staring at the other man.

 

    “Look, I gotta go. What are you doing later tonight?” Hakyeon asked, “like for dinner.”

    “Probably the usual. Whatever Hongbin cooks… he isn't very good. Maybe ramyun.” He replied, shrugging one shoulder.

    “Who's Hongbin? Should I be disappointed?” Hakyeon smirked, a small glimmer of defeat in his eyes.

    “He's my roommate. He's in a relationship with our other roommate, so you don't have to be disappointed.” Taekwoon's lips quirked up.

    “Are you flirting in your own cute and socially awkward way?”

Taekwoon turned his face to chuckle softly.

    “In that case, can I invite you to dinner?” the tips of Hakyeon's ears tinged pink.

    “a date?” Taekwoon blushed, but tried to act unaffected.

    “Maybe. We'll see.” He said haughtily.

    “You need a boyfriend who's attractive.”

    “Why do you think I asked you, dummy?”

    Taekwoon hid his face in his hands and made a strange noise.

    “So… meet me at Chiyome teppanyaki at 6:30?”

    Taekwoon, his face still behind his hands, nodded rapidly.

 

    Taekwoon pulled up a little after 6:30. He was wearing his nice cardigan.

    “Would have been here earlier, but my roommates didn't like what I was wearing.”

    “You look great.” Hakyeon smiled a thousand watt smile and led him into the restaurant with a hand on his lower back.

 

    They sat and watched as the chef made their orders and turned an onion into a volcano.

Hakyeon clapped while Taekwoon stared in awe.

    When the show was over and they had their food, Hakyeon tried to start a conversation. He asked questions and Taekwoon would give short answers.

    Hakyeon took a bite of his yakitori and it wouldn't come off of the stick. Taekwoon smirked as he watched the other man, realising too late that the other man's hand was flying at his face.

    This was gonna leave a black eye.

    Taekwoon was still reeling in pain when Hakyeon asked a waitress for ice in a napkin, so he jumped in surprise when the cold parcel touched his cheek.

    His ears were ringing by the time he was led out the front door to sit on the hood of his car.

    “But… I haven't paid.” Taekwoon said softly.

    “I asked you out on the date, I punched you in the face, I paid. Now, give me your phone.”

    The raven haired man fumbled with his phone, unlocked it and handed it to his date.

    “Hyung? Is your date over already?”

    “Uh sorry. I have Taekwoon's phone.”

    “Who is this?” The voice went serous.

    “I'm- I'm Hakyeon. Taekwoon's date. I kinda accidentally-”

    “We'll be there in a minute.” Hongbin cut him off and hung up.

    True to his word, it was only a minute before they arrived. The car hadn't stopped moving when Sanghyuk ran out and started prying Taekwoon's good eye open.

    “He's dazed, not concussed, a little floaty, but he should be ok in a few minutes.”

    “Thank you for calling us.” Hongbin said in all seriousness.

    “I didn't think he should drive home like this-”

    “‘m fine.” Taekwoon interrupted Hakyeon with a slurred voice.

    “Seriously, I'm fairly certain I didn't hit him that hard.” Hakyeon defended.

    “He's just…” Sanghyuk started, but stopped talking.

    “Really delicate.” Hongbin finished.

    Hakyeon cupped Taekwoon's good cheek and tilted his head up.

    “Woonie, they're gonna take you home, alright?”

    “Mhm.”

    “You feel better, ok?” He placed a gentle kiss on Taekwoon's lips and nudged him in the direction of the other men.

    “Need a ride?” Sanghyuk asked after hopping into the seat Hongbin arrived in. The other two had driven Taekwoon's car away.

    “That would be great.” Hakyeon pouted. “I feel like such an .” He whined as he sat in the passenger seat.

    “Well, what happened?” Hakyeon spoke while Sanghyuk drove him home.

As Sanghyuk drove, Hakyeon wrote his phone number down, occasionally muttering directions.

    “Over here is good. Can you give him my number and tell him to call me if he doesn't hate me?”

    “I'm sure he doesn't hate you, hyung. I'll make him text you. He doesn't really call people.”

    “Yeah. He probably isn't the type to string together more than ‘where are you? See you there’ now that I think about it.” Hakyeon said as he opened the door.

    “And you say you've only met him twice…” Sanghyuk mumbled as the door closed.