...to

Bizarre Love Triangle

 Welp, almost 6am.

Just finished writing my next story

Not gonna put it up till I'm done with it's sequel

Bc I'm a stickler for continuity

You read this.

I'm going to bed

Leave me comments.

If I get enough, I'll post again soonish

Like sooner than Monday

 

 



 

Five Years ago

    “Hey, hyung.” Wonsik and Jaehwan said from their cubicles as Leo walked by.

    “Did you hear?” Jaehwan asked impishly.

    “Hear what?” Leo leaned against Jaehwan’s cubicle, resting his elbows on the top edge.

    “Gavin and Stacy,” Wonsik grinned.

    “In the janitor's closet.” Jaehwan added.

    “behind Pam's back?” Leo tutted.

    “I think she was trying to get a raise.” Wonsik mumbled.

    “I thought she was trying not to get fired on account of the whole upper management thing.” Jaehwan said, confusion in his voice.

    “What upper management thing?” Leo asked.

    “It's just a rumour.” Jaehwan prairie dogged and looked around.

    “You didn't hear it from us.” Wonsik added.

    “But we might have overheard upper management contemplating job cuts.” Jaehwan whispered. “And plants around the office, looking out for who to fire.”

    “Hn,” Leo half snorted, “speaking of job cuts and upper management, I need to get Mr. Kim to sign these.” He waved a small stack of papers.

    “You might have to wait a few minutes, Kim is playing loan shark again.” Jaehwan frowned in the direction of the man in question’s office door.

    There was a raised yet muffled voice and the thump of someone slamming their fist on the desk. It was an unofficial secret that Mr. Kim used ruthless methods to get people to agree to sign for loans, then he would jack up the interest rate and pocket the extra money.

    What was an actual secret was the fact that Leo was there to blow the whistle on him. He was the plant.

    It was some time later when a pale, weasley little man scuttered out, shaking like a leaf. As soon as he saw the other men he began to stomp away, grumbling to himself. By this point almost  everyone in the office had clocked out, but Leo had to get the papers signed.

    Leo went to the door, knocked and announced himself as pleasantly as he could.

    “Leo. Excellent. I wanted to talk to you.” He said while signing the paperwork. “Or should I say Taekwoon?”

    “What?” Leo looked shaken. Nobody was supposed to know that name. “I'm not-”

    “This is such a prestigious company, it would be a real shame if the authorities caught wind that someone lied on their background check.” He smiled. It made Leo nauseous.

    “What do you want?” He paused for a moment, “sir.”

    “There seems to be a snitch somewhere in the office. Find them. Bring them to me. All of this will be forgotten.”

    Leo knew he would keep holding this over his head if he didn't find hard evidence against his boss, and soon.

    “You may go.” He dismissed Leo and started counting money from a drawer in his desk.

    He had been in the office for at least an hour, scouring records. Everyone had gone home… except for the one man he hoped would have left early.

    He heard some shuffling from the office and a distressed shout. Leo got up and slowly made his way down the hall before he was startled by the door he had left earlier opening and a man running out.

    He was wearing a black baseball cap and a letter jacket with a lion on it. The man paused momentarily, looked, wide eyed, at Leo, looked at a door next to him, pushed Leo into that room and locked the door from the outside, barricading it with a chair before running out.

    Leo pounded on the door, rattling the handle for a few moments until a shockwave and incredible heat knocked him and the door back into the office.

A few days later

    Leo woke to the sounds of blips and bleeps of hospital equipment.

    Everything was a blur.

    He felt like he was forgetting something.

    He heard the nurses talking to someone. It was like his hearing was going in and out.

    Something about not knowing if the patient was lucid or not. He might have suffered severe brain damage. Leo was tired of listening, so he went back to sleep.

    When he woke next, there was a man in a suit. He told Leo his name. He couldn't pronounce it so he just thought of the man as agent Smith.

    “The shock of everything seems to have turned your hair white.” Agent Smith said matter of factly.

    “What happened?” Leo asked.

    “We were hoping you could shed some light on the situation for us. First of all, what's your name?”

    Leo sat and stared at the man for a few moments before he blinked and his own face flashed before his eyes.

    “Uwugh- uh Leo. My name is Jung Leo.” The words bubbled out of his throat. He felt like he was going to be sick, but there was pretty much nothing in his stomach.

    “Good.” Agent Smith said. “Could you tell us what happened to you?”

Leo shook his head to the negative and immediately regretted doing so when his stomach tensed and he heaved the non existent contents of his stomach onto his lap and agent Smith's suit.

    That was probably the only time Leo ever saw a facial expression on the other man.

He pushed the button for the nurse who immediately threw a towel at agent Smith and went to clean up her patient.

    “I don't suppose he offered you any water did he?”

    Leo almost shook his head again, but just mumbled a soft ‘no’ instead.

    Agent Smith asked the nurse to watch him until he could change his suit. As soon as he was gone she went to get Leo some food. It was just soup and crackers, but it felt so good to have something in his stomach.

    “Do you think you can feed yourself?” She asked when she came back. It was only then did he take in the extent of his injuries. There was a bandage on his forehead, a sore spot on the back of his head as well. His left arm was in a sling, his right elbow was being held immobile with an air cast and he could see gauze wrapping it. There was a bandage around his left leg and a cast on his right.

    “No, I don't suppose I can.” He pouted.

    The nurse pulled up a chair and scooped up some broth, blowing on it before feeding it to Leo.

    By the time agent Smith returned, he was almost done eating.

    This nurse helped Leo most of the time he needed it. Agent Smith sat passively by… guarding.

    Time came and went until Leo was deemed well enough to leave the hospital.

    “Do you remember where you live or anything?”

    “Nope.” Leo replied. “Probably been gone so long my landlord thinks I'm dead anyway.”

    “Good point.” Agent Smith said.

    The nurse had taken it upon herself to buy Leo a week's worth of clothing. He quietly played with the piece of paper in his pocket that had her phone number on it as he followed agent Smith to the housing he had been given.

    The witness relocation program wanted to keep Leo safe until he had recovered his memory and could tell them who tried to kill him and why. Until that point, he would be given an allowance, food and housing.

    He saved his money and got a phone, immediately calling the nurse and asking when she was free.

    They dated for nearly a year.

    “What if I get my memory back and I'm married with a gaggle of kids?” He asked her. “You know how much I like kids.” He said, kissing her fingertips as they faced each other on a couch.

    “I guess maybe we could still be friends, kitten...” She sipped at a glass of wine.



 

    Agent Smith had backed off this once and allowed them to go on a proper date. Whoever was after Leo had followed them. Smith, who had been following them since they left the restaurant, called for backup just as Leo's would be assassins rushed in and grabbed Leo and his date.

    “She has nothing to do with this. Leave her alone.” Leo insisted. “Take me, just please… Let her go.”

    Leo learned quickly that agent Smith was terrible at hand to hand combat.

Everything happened so quickly that Leo wasn't sure if it was agent Smith or the mercenary who stabbed his girlfriend in the chest.

    He hadn't realised that the arms holding him had suddenly gone slack. He just rushed to catch her before she hit the ground.

    “Don't… stay alone… find someone…” she closed her eyes and Leo let out a pained moan, a wail and a scream of her name before falling unconscious.

 
 
---
 
 

    Leo woke up in a new house with two unfamiliar men watching him.

    “Who are you?” Leo asked. He pulled his blanket closer to his chin as if it would protect him.

    “I'm Hongbin, he's Sanghyuk. Do you remember your name?”

    “Leo…” he swallowed thickly, “where's-” he looked at the blankets, sitting up.

    “You were the only one who made it. The other two… we couldn't get there in time.” Sanghyuk frowned.

    Leo pulled the blanket over his head.

    “Can- can I have a little bit of time?”  He murmured from under the bedding.

    “Yeah… we'll just be outside.” Hongbin said. As soon as Leo heard the door close, he screamed into his pillow and sobbed until he couldn't breathe.

    Hongbin checked on him sometime later.

    “You think you can eat?” He asked.

    “Don't feel like it, but I know I should.” Leo whispered, slowly getting up.

    Hongbin helped him to the kitchen.

    “So our cover story is that we're college roommates and we've moved in together. You passed out from too much drinking. That's why Hyogi had to carry you in last night.”

    “Last guy didn't have a cover story.”

    “Hn. He really was inept.” Sanghyuk said through a mouthful of cereal.

    “Don't be rude, Hyogi. Hurry up and eat. We're getting you new clothes so we can go out tonight.”

    Despite the fact that Leo was mourning, he and the other two men made fast friends and outwardly, his mood had brightened.

    One night, Leo had one too many drinks and they walked him home, sobbing about how much he missed his love. It was the only time he had broken down like that in front of them.

    When he got home his head dropped like he had fallen asleep. Sanghyuk had to carry him the rest of the way into the apartment. It almost seemed as if he was waiting for the door to close before he started loudly.

    “Hyung? What's wrong?” Sanghyuk asked.

    Leo jerked so hard Sanghyuk almost dropped him. He put the older man on the couch just as he started seizing and crying out.

    Hongbin sat on Leo's lap, holding his hands down so he wouldn't flail and hurt himself.

Through the chaos, nobody realised that Leo's hair had changed colours. He made a noise that sounded vaguely like a sneeze before Hongbin was covered in blood.

    “What the !” Sanghyuk shrieked. He ran to get a washcloth and started to clean off Hongbin's face. “Are you ok, hyung?”

    He grabbed the washcloth from Sanghyuk and cleaned Leo's face off.

    He opened his eyes with a loud gasp and tried to slink out from under Hongbin.

    “Hold still, Leo. You've got a bloody nose.”

    “My name's not Leo.” He said in a voice that sounded very little like it had ten minutes earlier.

    “What's your name then?” Hongbin paused for a moment before continuing to clean the blood from his face.

    “Taekwoon… Jung Taekwoon.” He froze when Sanghyuk picked up a lock of hair and brought his face closer to examine it.

    “Your hair is black…”

    “Yes?”

    “Hyung, should we tell the office about this?”

    “I don't think it would be a good idea.” Hongbin replied before looking back at Taekwoon. “I need to think about what needs to happen, but until I figure this out, you can't go outside.”

    “What's going on?”

    Hongbin explained what he knew to Taekwoon. While he was explaining, Sanghyuk had gone to the kitchen and gotten a clean washcloth for Hongbin's face. At some point Taekwoon had started watching how intently the youngest was cleaning Hongbin off.

    “Might be nice to work with your lover like this… is it?” Taekwoon asked without thinking.

    “Who?” Hongbin asked.

    “You two… or am I seeing something?”

    “I… what? But he doesn't like-”

    “Which one is my bedroom?” Taekwoon pointed at the three doors in the hallway.

    “Middle one…” Sanghyuk said softly, never taking his eyes from Hongbin.

    As soon as the door closed Sanghyuk grabbed Hongbin's face and kissed his lips as hard as he could. He let go of the older man's face and slowly backed away.

    “I… don't think we should tell anything about this to the office either.” He said to the older man.