the story of three

Bizarre Love Triangle

  here's the second chapter in my double update

I posted chapter 15 a second ago

Leave comments

Tell me if I missed anything or confused you

 

 



    A week later, the doctor declared Leo well enough to check out and he signed papers, but the doctor said they would leave the bed for them seeing as they didn't want to leave Hakyeon's side.

    “Here are your personal items, you should make sure they're all accounted for.” The nurse grinned before walking away. Taekwoon had gone home to shower, change and bring Leo a clean set of clothes.

    He sat on the edge of his bed, putting his bracelets on. He paused when he saw a ring at the bottom of the bag.

    He tried it on several fingers before realising that he had a bit of a tan on his left ring finger that matched.

    The familiar weight triggered another memory. Taekwoon looked so beautiful in the white suit, his hair contrasting with his clothes. The younger man slipped the ring onto his finger and the officiant gave them the ok to kiss.

    Taekwoon tapped Leo on the shoulder and when he didn't respond, he looked to see silent tears falling down his cheeks.

    “Kitten?” He cupped Leo's face again. “What's wrong?”

    “Why didn't you tell me?” He asked, looking at his ring, “How long have we been married?”

    “Five years. I wanted you to remember on your own. Maybe see if you might fall in love with me again… I'm an idiot, I know. I'm sorry, Kitten.”

 

    “So. How does Hakyeon actually play into this?”

    “He's our boyfriend. Pretty recent development actually.”

    Leo gave him a quizzical look.

    “You met him at the bookstore and I met him at the library.

---

Two months ago

 

    “Hyung? What's wrong?” Taekwoon asked, noticing his husband has been a bit withdrawn.

    “I… feel like such a horrible person.” he mumbled.

    “Why, love?”

    “You know I love you more than anything, right?” Taekwoon kept trying to smile, but he felt all of the blood leave his face.

    “Mhm…” he drawled, trying not to jump to conclusions.

    “I'd never felt butterflies in my stomach before I met you,” he twined long fingers between his own. “But…” Leo took a deep breath, “yesterday, when I went to the bookstore. I was talking to a guy…” his face scrunched up like it was painful confessing this. “The butterflies… I hadn't ever felt them like this for anyone else but you…” he pouted.

Taekwoon waited for a moment, seeing if Leo would continue.

    “That's all you did?” The younger man asked, “talk?” Leo nodded sullenly. He pulled out his phone and showed Taekwoon a picture of the man he took while hiding around a corner.

Taekwoon laughed and cupped Leo's face, pressing tiny kisses to the flushed cheeks.

    “This explains so much,” he chuckled.

    Leo looked at him in confusion.

    “I went to the library today and this guy,” he pointed at the picture on Leo's phone, “Is talking to me as if we're the best of friends.”

    “Sounds right.”

    “He is pretty, I'll give you that… Hn” Taekwoon's eyebrows furrowed, “first time we've ever agreed on someone.”

    Leo nodded, but looked confused for a moment. He could see wheels turning in his husband's head and he knew the idea would either be brilliant or absolutely terrible.

    “What are your thoughts on getting a boyfriend?”

    “What?” Leo looked vaguely panicked, “We're not-”

Taekwoon realised that the other man thought he wanted to break up.

    “No, Kitten, I mean you and me will always be together, but maybe we could try… I dunno.  Unless you think there would be a problem, But I was thinking ‘what if this was a missed opportunity to be even happier?’ I mean if this makes things weird between us, we'll have to leave him out, but-” his nervous rambling was cut off by Leo kissing him.

    “If we see him again, we'll talk to him together.”

    Taekwoon nodded. “But... only … him and me, ok?” They decided on some rules and went to bed in a tangled heap.

 

-

    A few nights later and amateur night at the bar rolled around.

    “I found him.” Taekwoon said. “I'll be back before your set.” Leo nodded with a frown.

    “You'd better. And next time, I'm watching.” The darker haired man kissed Leo and nodded.

 

    Taekwoon came back just as Leo's set started and he couldn't wait to tell the younger man about the fact that the bar wanted to hire him to sing for them. That would have to wait for later.

He watched his husband walk to the back to his usual seat with Sanghyuk and Hongbin, so he focused most of his flirting on the man in the front that had captured their attention.