wake up

Bizarre Love Triangle

  technically Thursday

Enjoy kiddies

I'll be over here, fuming about the fact that I got 18/60 on my ing econ test

 

Also don't hate me.

This is the chapter I'm most worried about

 

 



 

    Leo woke up to the sound of people above him. Literally above him.

    “HELP!” He shouted. “Hyung, are you ok?” He whispered.

    Hakyeon groaned softly.

    “Don't worry baby, we'll get out.” Leo said.

    He waited for help for some time until he heard the rubble above him shift.

    “Help! We're here! Please! Hyung needs help!” He felt so out of breath, but he continued shouting until they were completely uncovered.

    The two men were lifted onto gurneys and the emergency crews asked Leo questions as he was rolled into an ambulance.

    “How is Hakyeon hyung?” He kept asking.

    “We'll see when we get into the hospital, sweetheart.” The emt said as she his forehead.

    He closed his eyes and felt someone wiping the side of his face.

    Leo woke up with a slight groan.

    “Hyung! You're awake!” A strange, familiar voice cried into his shoulder. There was long black hair and a broad pair of shoulders. Long arms squeezed him and he made a pained noise.

    “Hyung, he's still broken.” Hongbin chided.

    “Right… sorry.” He sobbed before cupping Leo's cheeks and kissing his lips over and over. He stopped and pulled away when Leo didn’t respond to his kisses.

    “Kitten? Are you ok? Should I call the nurse?” Leo stared back at this man with a familiar face in confusion. “Bin… call the nurse. She always thinks I'm overreacting.” he sniffled.

Hongbin left the room.

    Leo looked around, trying to figure out where he was.

    “Oh gods, Hakyeon! Is he ok?”

    “I… um… if- if you woke up, he will too. Right as rain, Kitten. Our sunshine will be ok too…” he grabbed Hakyeon's hand and sat heavily on the chair between the two beds. He left his other hand, palm up on the bed near Leo as an invitation. He didn't look at him. He stared at his feet, continuing to sniffle.

    He looked up in shock when Leo carefully pressed their palms together, looking like he was comparing the sizes of their awkwardly long palms and fingers.

    “Leo… do you remember me?” He asked softly. Leo shook his head to the negative. “Do you remember who was just in here?” He watched as Leo played with their fingers.

    “Hongbin… is Sanghyuk here too?”

    “He usually comes by later.” his breath hitched.

    Before Leo could ask more questions, a nurse sauntered in looking as if she was sick of being called followed by Hongbin. She looked surprised that it wasn't a false alarm this time. She asked the typical questions, shined lights in various orifices and started asking questions about dates.

    Leo was pretty sure almost five years had passed, it had barely been five weeks since the explosion at the bank.

    There had been three people in the office building and only two survived: Leo and Hakyeon. They found the older man protecting Leo behind an upturned desk.

    It was Leo's turn to sob this time.

    “I think I'll leave you in the capable hands of Taekwoon until the doctor finally shows up.” The nurse patted Leo on the shoulder.

    The nurse didn't notice, but Taekwoon did when Leo's eyes opened a little wider in confusion.

    “What's wrong, Kitten?”

    “When I was … out. I had two people living in my head. You and me… I think.”

    “You had dreams?”

    “A whole life.”

    “One where I couldn't kiss you or hold you…” Leo didn't know what to say so he just nodded.

    “You had hair like mine, but black.” Leo finally said.

    “I don't think I could pull off short hair.” He smiled sadly. Leo squeezed Taekwoon's hand, hoping to cheer him up a little.

    “You look tired, uh Woon. Maybe you should close your eyes for a bit.”

Taekwoon nodded and rest his head on Leo's lap as Leo leaned back, glancing at Hongbin.

    “He only left your sides to change clothes. I had him convinced that you and Hakyeon didn't want to wake up to that smell.”

    Taekwoon snuffled as Leo slowly carded his fingers through long, black hair.

    He looked over at Hakyeon who never moved and sighed.

    “I'm happy you managed to wake up before your anniversary.” Hongbin smiled softly.

    “How long have we been together?” He asked.

    “This makes it… hmm five years?” He counted on his fingers.

    “I hope I can remember him before then.” Leo sighed softly. “You and Hyogi were my bodyguards when I was dreaming.” Leo smirked.

    “Did you need much guarding?”

    “Attempts on my life all the time.”

    They sat in awkward silence for some time, alternating between looking at Taekwoon and looking at Hakyeon before they heard someone running down the hall.

    Sanghyuk rushed in, panting and wide eyed.

    “Is he-” he stopped talking when he saw who was sitting up in the hospital bed. “Hyung!” He shouted, rushing to the bed and hugging him, not caring that Taekwoon was asleep in his lap.

    “Get your out of my face, Hyogi. I have no idea where that's been.” The muffled voice of Taekwoon came from beneath Sanghyuk. There was a tiny struggle until Taekwoon turned his face toward Leo and settled down again. He wrapped his arms around Leo's waist and mumbled  ‘mine’ against his stomach.

    He felt a warm fluttering in his chest at the possessive gesture.

There was a knock on the door and Sanghyuk backed away from Leo.

    “You're awake, I see.” The voice of the doctor came from the door. Taekwoon felt Leo tense when she walked in.

    He knew that face. Fell in love with that voice, but it wasn't real. His brain had to have made her up. He had been so in love with her when he was dreaming.

Maybe it was because he had heard her voice so often when he was first unconscious.

    “Hey Leo, how are you?” She asked walking across the room, paying attention to his eyes.

    “I've been better. I'm hungry.” He said after a brief pause.

    “Is something the matter?” The doctor checked on Hakyeon, making notes to give to the nurse later.

    “It seems I'm having difficulty remembering the person I was closest to before … this whole thing.” He said quickly, trying not to give anything away.

    “Well, hopefully this will pass. You haven't been awake long, maybe your brain is still trying to wake up.”

    Leo nodded, resting his hand on Taekwoon's head

    “We're going to have to wake your friend up so you can start your exercises for today.” She said gesturing toward Taekwoon.

    “Hey, it's time to wake up,” Leo said, not even noticing the fact that he was tracing the edge of Taekwoon's ear as he whispered.

    Taekwoon let out a tiny sob, but caught himself before he could worry Leo with it. It was a habit that Leo had before he was in a coma and it surprised him that he would still do that.

    “I'm awake, Kitten.” He whispered before sitting up and kissing Leo on the forehead.