Chapter 2

Love Letters

CHAPTER 2

 

“Why are the lights off? Did Wonwoo leave?” the gang trudged into the hideout, tired from their mini food hunt.

 

Junhui shrugged his shoulders at Minghao’s question as he switched on the lights. They all made their way into the living room and was greeted by the sight of Wonwoo, who was sleeping peacefully.

 

“Well he looks peaceful,” commented Mingyu.

 

“Let's not bother him. His face screams lack of sleep,” Jeonghan rushed them out of the living room and into the kitchen.

 

“Are Noeul and Jisoo back yet? We ran out of cola,” said Jihoon as he took the last can of cola which was hidden at the back of the fridge.

 

Seokmin groaned in annoyance upon realising that Jihoon had taken the last can which he had hidden, “Ah hyung! That's mine!”

 

After half an hour, Wonwoo finally woke up and was greeted by eleven pair of eyes staring at home, “What the hell guys! This is not the sight I wanted to be greeted by when I open my eyes.”

 

“Hyung,” Chan moved closer to Wonwoo before enveloping the older male in a hug, “I've missed you!”

 

Wonwoo chuckled at the maknae’s antic before ruffling his hair, “You've grown quite a bit since the last time I saw you.”

 

“Ah hyung! Stop teasing me!”

 

The gang caught up with one another while waiting for Noeul and Jisoo to come back with snacks and drinks.

 

“So Wonwoo, I have a friend who needs help with her studies. Mind giving her a hand?” asked Jeonghan.

 

Wonwoo raised his brows at Jeonghan, “Since when did you get yourself a girlfriend hyung?”

 

“Haha very funny. She's just a friend and everyone here knows her. Noeul is smart, just that she's lazy.”

 

“You think I can help someone who does not want to help herself?”

 

“It's not like that Wonwoo,” Seungcheol butted in, “She's been going through a rough time and this is just a phase. We know she can top her class if she wants to but this girl just screams stubborn.”

 

“So she's your girlfriend?”

 

“She's not my girlfriend! So are you in or not?”

 

Before Wonwoo could say anything, the door burst open, revealing a worn out Jisoo and Noeul.

 

“Oh my god! The weather is killing me!”

 

Noeul shook off her sneakers and puts on her favourite purple slippers. Heading straight to the kitchen, Noeul placed the groceries on the counter top and poured a glass of cold water for herself.

 

“Ya Kim Noeul!” Seungcheol shouted for her before shooing away the younger ones.

 

Noeul groaned as she dragged herself into the living room where Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Jisoo were at.

 

“Wonwoo, Noeul, Noeul, Wonwoo.”

 

“IT'S YOU!”

 

Flashback

 

Wonwoo sat at an empty table as he gulped down his fourth glass of fruit punch. He was stuck at his father’s annual dinner and dance when he was supposed to be at home, studying for his mid-term. He watched in disgust as girls crowds around his older brother, all vying for his attention.

 

“If only they know how dirty he is,” Wonwoo mumbled under his breath.

 

Across the hall, Wonwoo spotted his older sister flirting with a male, old enough to be their uncle. He sighed at how pathetic his entire family are. Not wanting to be around these people, Wonwoo left the hall and headed for the garden.

 

His legs came to a stop in front of a fountain that was decorated with fairy lights. He felt at peace out here - no one was bothering him. He sat on the bench in front of the fountain and stretched out his long legs. The peacefulness was interrupted when a girl tripped over his legs, spilling fruit punch all over his new tuxedo.

 

“What the hell! Are you blind?” Wonwoo shouted at the girl.

 

“Can't you keep your legs to yourself?” shouted the girl back.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You're excused so get out of my face!”

 

“What's your problem?”

 

“It was my parents five minutes ago but congratulations man, you're the problem now.”

 

End of flashback

 

“I'm not tutoring her,” said Wonwoo as he glared at Noeul.

 

“Well I don't want to get tutored by him either,” Noeul crossed her arms as she glared at Wonwoo.

 

Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Jisoo were utterly shocked at what they've witness. It was their first time seeing the two reacting the way they did.

 

“Calm down kids,” Jisoo stepped in between them causing the two to break their eye contact, “What's the problem?”

 

“He's the problem.”

 

“It's been two weeks and I'm still your problem? Get over it!”

 

“I was until I saw your face.”

 

Right at that moment, Soonyoung stepped in and pulled the two away from each other before things can get out of hands.

 

“Okay kids, I know you guys started off on the wrong foot but let's be real. We're friends so you guys have to work things out or things might just get awkward around here in the future.”

 

Everyone agreed with Soonyoung and all they could do was to secretly pray that tonight would pass by without any fights.

 

“Okay here's the drill, we'll give you guys some time to think about this whole tutoring issue. From our point of view, it's a win-win situation for the two of you.”

 

Wonwoo and Noeul agreed to Seungcheol’s suggestion. For the rest of the night, they stayed away from each other - minimizing all possible contacts by making use of their friends.

 

“Hansol, pass me the radish.”

 

“Chan, can I have some ketchup.”

 

“Jisoo hyung, pass me the tissue please.”

 

This went on for a few times - annoying the hell out of everyone, especially Minghao, “Can the both of you stop avoiding each other like a plague! You're making us uncomfortable. I'm so frustrated I need to eat something cold to cool myself down. You know what? I don't even like cold things! That's how annoying you two are.”

 

Everyone knew things are bad when even cutie Minghao went on a rage mood. Wonwoo and Noeul grew apologetic when they realised how stiff everyone was.

 

“Maybe we should call it a night. Let's go home kids.”

 

The boys stood up except for the two of them.

 

“Wait, you're all leaving?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“No one's sleeping over?” it was Noeul’s turn to question them.

 

“You guys are staying here for the night to sort out whatever problems you have with each other,” said Seungcheol, “I, on the other hand, will go home and sleep in my bed cause unlike you two, I did not run away from home.”

 

True to their words, all of them left, leaving behind a mess for Wonwoo and Noeul to clean up. Without saying much, the two got to work and cleaned every nook and cranny of the hideout.

 

It took them an hour and a half to clean up the whole apartment and all that's left is to throw out the garbage bags.

 

“I'll take the big ones, you can take the small bags,” said Wonwoo as he carried the big garbage bags.

 

Noeul, who took it as an insult, glared at Wonwoo, “Just because I'm a girl, does not mean I can't carry those.”

 

“Are you seriously trying to pick a fight with me? Look young lady, if you think you're THAT strong, then I'll just leave this one here and you can throw it out yourself.”

 

Wonwoo stormed passed Noeul and left the apartment. He spent a good five minutes downstairs before deciding to head back. He was walking up the stairs when he heard a scream followed by a garbage pack tumbling down the stairs. Running up two steps at a time, Wonwoo was shocked to see Noeul on the ground holding onto her ankle, “Noeul! Are you alright?”

 

He touched her ankles causing Noeul to hiss in pain, “I think you might have sprained your ankles. Can you walk? No, actually, can you even stand?”

 

“I can't,” replied Noeul.

 

Wonwoo sighed as he bends down. Taking a deep breath, he slid his arms underneath her legs and carefully lifted her up, “You're so troublesome, do you know that?”

 

“Sorry,” Wonwoo was surprised at the apology but he remained stoic.

 

As gently as possible, Wonwoo placed Noeul on the couch. He grabbed a cushion a placed them underneath her injured ankle before walking off to get an ice pack. Wonwoo sighed as he opened the freezer to get the ice pack as he knew icing it wouldn't do much.

 

“Aren't you going to call your parents?”

 

“My mum’s out to kill me, calling her is like me committing suicide.”

 

“Okay...what about your Dad?”

 

“Don't know, don't care. I'll just call Seungcheol tomorrow morning. He'll send me to the clinic.”

 

Wonwoo nods his head as he placed the ice pack on Noeul’s leg, “Are you two dating each other.”

 

“Who? Seungcheol and I? Eww please no!”

 

“Yeah, well your face says otherwise.”

 

Noeul cupped her face to cover her blushing cheeks. Upon seeing her reaction, Wonwoo continued to , “So you have a crush on Hyung?”

 

“No I don't!”

 

“Eyy! Stop lying, you know you at it right? Hyung must be stupid for not realising that you have a crush on him. No, actually all of them are.”

 

“Oh shut up Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

“Aren't you going to confess? I mean, Seungcheol hyung is popular amongst the ladies. You'll lose him if you don't do anything.”

 

“For the last time, I don't have that kind of feelings for him!”

 

“Whatever you say, Kim Noeul.”

 

Wonwoo left the living room chuckling, as he hears Noeul groaning in frustration.

 

What was that Jeon Wonwoo? Wake up and get your together! Why are you even interested in her love life?


“I need to stop talking to myself.”


Thank you for subscribing! See you in the next chapter (:

>>camel-coups