Chapter 5

Love Letters

CHAPTER 5

 

“Noona, dinner is ready!” Noeul puts her laptop to sleep before leaving her room.

 

Carefully, she made her way to the dining room and was surprised to see Seungcheol seated beside her younger brother.

 

“Ya! Why'd you ditched us? You said your Aunt is here to visit. Where is she?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“What Aunt? Did you lie to Seungcheol again?” questioned her mum.

 

Before Noeul could say anything, she heard her phone rang.

 

“I'll get it for you!” Noeul watched as her brother, Haneul, ran to her room to get her phone.

 

Haneul came out of the room, with the phone still ringing in his hands, “Who's Wonwoo? Is he the guy who sent you home just now?”

 

“Shut up and eat your dinner,” Noeul took the phone from Haneul and rejected Wonwoo’s call.

 

Seungcheol watched as the girl in front of him grew red.

 

What's going on between them?  

 

Seungcheol stayed for a while longer after dinner. He was in the living room watching soccer with Haneul. Noeul stayed with them but her mind was on Wonwoo.

 

She didn't know why she rejected Wonwoo’s call. Her brain says it's because Seungcheol was there but her heart says otherwise. Noeul wanted to speak to Wonwoo privately, without the prying eyes of her mother and Seungcheol.

 

“Seungcheol, your mum wants you home,” announced Noeul’s mum who was on the phone with Seungcheol's mother.

 

Seungcheol greeted Noeul's mother and shook hands with Haneul before walking to the door. Noeul sent him off to the front gate; a habit she could never break.

 

“Bye,” said Noeul.

 

Seungcheol waved his hands and opened the gates. He was about to head out when he stopped halfway, “About just now.”

 

“What about it?”

 

“Why’d you lie about your Aunt?”

 

“My ankle was hurting and I didn't want to worry the guys so I lied to Minghao,” Noeul lied once more.

 

“Wonwoo sent you home?”

 

“I bumped into him outside the school gates, he offered and I couldn't reject him.”

 

Seungcheol nods his head in understanding as his eyes trailed to her injured ankles, “Next time, let me know if you're hurt anywhere.”

 

Silence engulfed the two and Noeul had no idea what to say or how to react, “What I'm trying to say is, don't run away like that. If anything were to happen to you, I won't be able to sleep at night.”


 

It was past midnight and Noeul was still wide awake.

 

If anything were to happen to you, I won't be able to sleep at night.

 

She was tired and all she wanted was a good night of sleep but those words keeps lingering on her mind.

 

Damn it Choi Seungcheol. Why'd you have to say that when you clearly don't have any feelings for me?

 

Noeul spent the whole night thinking of Seungcheol and she completely forgot about the one guy who helped her.

 

“Noeul! Get up or you'll be late for school!” Noeul groaned as she kicks her blanket off of her body.

 

She was still sleepy and wanted to sleep in but soon realised that it was the last day of school before semester break starts. Walking to her wardrobe, Noeul took out a new set of uniform and set it on her bed. Taking her towels and undergarments, she headed to the bathroom for a nice hot shower.

 

“Noeul! Breakfast is ready!” Noeul double check her makeup before grabbing her school bag.

 

With careful steps, she headed down to the dining room. Her footsteps grew heavy when she saw a familiar figure seated at the head of the table.

 

“Good morning Father,” greeted Noeul.

 

Her father nods his head from behind the newspaper. Noeul quietly took her seat and started eating her breakfast. Looking around, Noeul realises that Haneul was nowhere in sight.

 

“Mum, where's Haneul?”

 

“He left for school earlier this morning. He has a soccer match with Gangnam High.”

 

Noeul was about to say something else when her father interrupted her, “I heard about your results. What will you do about it?”

 

“I'll try harder next time,” replied Noeul.

 

Her father closed the newspaper and set it aside, “You said the same thing last semester. Why is there still no improvement? I gave you an ultimatum last year. It's either you score well for this semester or I'll marry you off to one of my business partners. It looks like we have a wedding to prepare for.”

 

“Honey, no. She's still young! How can she get married?” exclaimed her mother.

 

“You married me when you were her age. I don't see why she can't.”

 

“It's different!”

 

“Enough! She's getting married and that's final! You know well what will happen to whoever that goes against me.”


 

Soonyoung tapped his table as he waited for Noeul's arrival, however the said girl failed to show up. It was the first time she was late for school and if she won't be turning up, Noeul would've either texted himself of Jihoon.

 

“Where's Noeul?” asked Jihoon, who was sitting in front of him.

 

Soonyoung could only shrug his shoulders. He has no idea where Noeul is. The girl had been so excited for the upcoming school trip and today was the day their homeroom teacher will be briefing them on the trip.

 

“Are you all clear on the arrival times?” asked Ms Park, their homeroom teacher, “Jihoon will give out the packing list later but for now, I will be announcing your roommates. For those who are not present, can someone please take note and inform your classmates of their roommates?”

 

“Yes Ms Park!”

 

“Lee Changhyun, Go Minsoo. Kwon Soonyoung, Lee Jihoon. Kim Chungha, Choi Yoojung. Kim Doyeon, Kim Noeul. That's it, did I miss out on anyone?” with everything settled, Ms Park left the classroom, allowing the students to discuss amongst themselves.

 

Jihoon was going around the classroom, handing out the packing list when two girls suddenly appeared in front of Soonyoung, “What?”

 

“What?”

 

“What do you want Kim Chungha?”

 

“Where's Noeul?”

 

“How am I supposed to know? Didn't she contact you girls?”

 

“She didn't, hence why I'm asking you.”

 

“I don't know either. Besides she's your friend, didn't she contact you whatsoever?”

 

“Like I said, she didn't!”

 

“Why are you screaming at me!”

 

“Because you never listen! Not even once...”

 

Before a fight could break out, Jihoon quickly stepped in and asked Yoojung to bring Chungha elsewhere.

 

Seriously, where is this girl?


>>camel-coups