Chapter 10

Love Letters

***DOUBLE UPDATE! GO BACK ONE CHAPTER***

CHAPTER 10

 

Seungcheol tirelessly dumped his bag on the floor and changed out of his uniform. It felt like he's been on 10 roller coaster rides in a day - it was too much for him to handle. With the news of Noeul getting engaged to his best friend, to her confessing her feelings for her and then announcing that she will marry Wonwoo, Seungcheol felt his entire crushing right in front of his eyes.

 

It's true that he can be quite a player; dating different girls and breaking up with them when he's bored of them. However deep in his heart, he knows that there was a special someone. Someone so precious that he didn't want to lose her, let alone break her heart. He knows he is someone who can't commit to a relationship and he did not want her to go through another heartbreak, especially after he saw how broken she was before.

 

Seungcheol suddenly felt stuffy and decided to open his windows. He could see Noeul from his room and was about to call her when the cold wind gushed into his room, making him step aside to avoid the coldness of the wind. By the time him moved back to his original position, Noeul was no longer in sight. He did not know why but Seungcheol did not move away from the window. Instead, he scanned the area and finally spotted a familiar figure standing in front of Noeul’s gate.

 

Wonwoo

 

He knew that spying on them wasn't the right thing to do but he still did it. He was curious as to why they are meeting out in the cold instead of just talking over the phone. Seeing how Noeul was out in the cold without wearing anything warm, Seungcheol reached out for his phone and dialled her number. However, he didn't have the chance to press the call button. What he saw next made him so furious that be threw his phone across the room.

 

Damn it!

 

--

 

The next morning, Seungcheol got up earlier than usual and went out for a run. He had spent an hour jogging at the park and was making his way back home when he saw two Porsche parked in front of Noeul’s house.

zsRoplvP-P7wwA8cWwb9up3eaDQrCOi00GEFXvoJYbo0umNEeSg7kzMVQuUWXnefkheYQ4pEf0BVtgRR8Swb5YHivkJsHZW8ZQEAQjB-AHx1l0rl45nK_rcp12wNMqw9y5kuzwwE

LYS3yHEkrYMHx14kkN0p5Gfz542iIDHaIHULz4hxIBhYh1-9qexs4FU8gA_CjR_iwLz_9yP42VPFuJDZ9T78PEn6hZSlq2QeDC_2b3gdNImi0SnWqygJutN6cjGng1iWMpomvGsW

 

Not long after, Seungcheol watched as Mr Kim getting into his car, while Noeul and her mother got into the other car. It was his first time in a while since he saw them together and it could only mean one thing.

 

---

 

Grabbing his coat, Seungcheol left the house and headed for the front door.

 

“Son! Aren't you going to have lunch?”

 

“Not today Mum, I have a meeting with the student council regarding our graduation. Will be back before dinner!” Seungcheol puts his shoes and opened the door, “Bye!”

 

The meeting room was exceptionally quiet as everyone waited for Seungcheol to speak up. They were only left with four months before their graduation and not a single thing was completed.

 

“So you're telling me that we had one whole year to finalise everything but up till now, nothing has been decided? Who is in charge of the food?”

 

Everyone kept quiet, making Seungcheol even more furious. He reached out for the transparent folder and called out the person in-charge, “Hansung, I want a list of catering companies by tonight. Somin, I need you to liase with an event planner and have them come up with the decorations. I will talk with the principal regarding our budget. Hopefully they'll give us a big one to work with, if not, we'll have to come up with a fundraising event.”

 

“But Prez, how is that even possible? I mean it’s sem break for the kids and our SAT will start next month, who would be willing to come?”

 

“Get the Junior councillors to do the preparations. We can't afford to waste any more time.”

 

---

 

Seungcheol left the student council room first to allow them some time to collate and sort everything out. He was buying a can of soda from the vending machine when he heard a familiar voice calling out for him. Seungcheol waited as the male took his own sweet time to approach him, “Come on you sloth, we don't have all day.”

 

Jeonghan took a bigger stride as he approaches his best friend. The two greeted each other before making their way to the basketball court where Jisoo is at.

 

“Ayo my bro! What's with the gloomy face?” Jisoo draped his arms around Seungcheol’s shoulders as a comforting gesture.

 

Seungcheol told the guys about Noeul’s decision to marry Wonwoo. He however, excluded the most important point, the confession as he knew that nothing will change even if he tells them.

 

“So what? You're okay with it? You're not going to fight for her? You like her don't you?”

 

“Gosh Jeonghan, you need to chill. But yeah, aren't you going to do anything?”

 

Seungcheol could only sigh, “You guys know her well enough. If she puts her mind into something, there's nothing that we could do to stop her. At least she's getting married to Wonwoo and not a total stranger.”

 

Jisoo could only sigh. He is the only one in the group who is aware of the feelings his two friends have, for each other.

 

Funny how things don't always go the way we want it to.