Chapter 8

Love Letters

CHAPTER 8

 

“Noeul! Hurry up or you're gonna be late for the fitting!”

 

It was Day-10 to the wedding and today's schedule is packed with fittings, cake testing and a last minute dance lesson. Noeul was dreading the day as it meant having to spend an entire day with her parents watching over her.

 

It took them nearly an hour to reach the shop and they were greeted by the staff. Noeul greeted them back with a forced smile before her eyes landed on a male in a black tuxedo.

 

“Jeon Wonwoo!”

 

Wonwoo looked up and smiled upon seeing Noeul. He politely greeted her parents and formally introduced himself.

 

“Aigoo, your bow tie is not done properly. Come, let me fix it for you,” Mrs. Kim took a step forward with much affection in her eyes, and fixed Wonwoo’s bow tie.

 

Wonwoo tensed at the touch of Noeul’s mother. It's been years since he had experienced anything close to a mother's affection.

 

“Where is your Father?” asked Mr Kim.

 

“Father stepped out for a while to answer a call,” replied Wonwoo, “Sir, please have a seat first.”

 

“Yes, why don't you boys sit while we go check out the gowns?”

 

Led by the female staff, Noeul and her mother were brought to the gown section where they were greeted by different designs of gowns.

 

Wow.

 

“The groom had chosen a few sets of gowns, would you be interested in trying them out?”

 

“That would be wonderful! Go try them out honey while I look for more gowns,” urged Mrs Kim.

 

Noeul unwillingly entered the changing room with three other staff and the manager.



 

YjixBwdj4IAT9BJDgp16MJb5PZ5ufyfqKHOC0-rd-_Wb3TG-AoIr_mPLaUvgqohzQqKD0MAEiHG53BXqZ90pT5Yi9FL8_bo2Ex2A8fKXg7WWJFf2d_QjYQrG90rGi9jD93Uc6fhi

 

Noeul tried on the first gown and was quite impressed by its simple design. It wasn't too showy, something she was comfortable with.

 

“The bride is ready,” announced the staff.

 

The Kims and Wonwoo waited in excitement as they slowly unveiled her. Soon enough, Noeul appeared, holding a bouquet of flowers with her hair all done up.

 

Wonwoo felt his heart skip a beat. She looked pretty in the gown and he was proud that he had chosen it.

 

“What do you guys think?” asked Noeul.

 

“It looks pretty on you sweetheart, right honey?”

 

Mr Kim nods his head. It was true that his daughter looked pretty in that gown but somehow, it wasn't to his liking.

 

“What about the groom? What do you think?”

 

“She looks nice,” Wonwoo mentally cursed at himself.

 

She looks nice, really Jeon Wonwoo?

 

“I guess we should try the next one.”

 

vb8G1bhNYfl7g_we86kH6dyQnLcZAbmAzM1ltfdn2UHn9B94zydKM7n-z77FrA-crIrNacOOpch-Hn0h-osoqJtpVCbR3KF7cW0sUAk6b86Qi26p0RlYosMCoel-Zmj1CpwOVOdl

 

This time round, Noeul didn't quite like it. She felt it was too y for her.

 

The moment Noeul came out, Wonwoo couldn't look at her straight in the eye. He knew it was a mistake when he saw how uncomfortable she looked in that dress.

 

“Err, how about we try on the one Mrs Kim picked out?” he suggested.

 

sm3fF7WazUqVj81WojigPmv8vvyHLV8xUNSHnsVr4tOiRbtmTlD4HjtrXwKx6wkaHKC5MatZ9o_Gk7BdDBWjVpRnHTeiWuzSflvUi3vbleacxSnMAc-XM28DgV2WxDUUuseSRsi8

 

“Oh Mother,” that was the first thing that came out of upon trying on the gown. It was a low cut gown, exposing her cleavage area.

 

It only took her a minute or two before she finally decided she wanted to change out of the gown.

 

“Ms Kim, here is the gown which Mr Jeon picked earlier on and I think this might just be the gown you've been looking for.”

 

Noeul nods her head as she changed into the new gown.

 

“Wow, you look beautiful.”

 

Noeul stood rooted to the ground at she stared at herself in the mirror. This is it, she said to herself. She felt comfortable in the gown, it wasn't too simple neither was it too y.

 

Taking a deep breath, she stood nervously as the curtains drew back, revealing her parents and Wonwoo.

 

“So, how do I look?” Noeul broke the silence.

 

TI7dE4U4mU43YwICCdhYUpvvKqzXxNC4m3pecvR45LLnt-CURh3r4bcjsUU5DKMMjQCTxd3O6hq0k9WN3ZEqHMKt8cADapZKU82vldFK4fl8BmggWaegGrmEMTUH2cdVhEaQhL48

 

“You look beautiful honey! I can't believe my eyes, my daughter is in a wedding gown,” before Mrs Kim could cry, in came Mr Jeon who had the same reaction as the rest of them.

 

Seeing Noeul in a wedding dress made him recall his last wedding. She remained him so much of his last love.

 

“I should get change,” Noeul broke the silence.

 

“Yeah, I should get change too,” Wonwoo realised that he had been staring at Noeul the whole time she was standing there.

 

 


 

Up next was the cake tasting time. Both fathers had left after the fitting to attend to their respective works, leaving Mrs Kim with the two teenagers.

 

The three rode in Wonwoo’s car, driven by his personal driver.

 

“Do you always have someone drive you around?” Asked Mrs Kim. She was curious as she never thought of engaging a personal driver for her children.

 

“Only when I'm late for school and whenever I have to stop by the company. I walk on other days or take the public transport if I have to go somewhere far.”

 

“I see, so you're learning the ropes huh? You must've been your father's favourite child seeing how he's personally taking charge of your training. I've been friends with him since high school and he's not someone who would sit down for hours and teach someone. It's nice to see him finally taking interest in one of his children.”

 

Seeing how uncomfortable Wonwoo is, Noeul nudge her mother, signaling for her to stop talking.

 

“What? Don't be afraid of your father. Wonpil, he grew up in a tough environment. He went through a lot before he finally got to marry your mother. But fate was cruel, if only Sunhee didn't-”

 

“Oh god Mum! Can't you see he's not comfortable? I-” Wonwoo tugged on Noeul’s arms before she could finish her sentence.

 

He promised to be more comfortable the next time the meet. The three of them finally reached the venue and was greeted by a lady in red, “It's nice to see you again Mrs Kim. No parties anytime soon eh?”

 

“Not until they get married,” laughed Mrs Kim, “Oh right, this is my daughter, Noeul and her fiancé, Wonwoo. Kids, this is Mrs Park.”

 

The two teenagers greeted the older female before following her to a private room, away from other customers.

 

They sat at a round table and watched as the staff brought out different varieties of cakes and desserts. It took them nearly and hour or so before finalising their dessert table and wedding cake. By then, it was already 6PM in the evening and they were running late for their dance class.

 

“You kids can go ahead, I need to pick up Haneul from school. That kid got himself into trouble again.”

 

“Do you need the car?” Asked Wonwoo.

 

“No worries dear, I've called my driver. Go on or you'll be late!”

 


 

The dance class lasted for nearly 4 hours and by the time the left the studio, it was already dark outside. Wonwoo suggested having dinner together and so they headed to the busy streets of Hongdae.

 

“Where should we eat?” Asked Wonwoo as he looked around.

 

Noeul kept quiet as her eyes were fixed on the street food. Wonwoo chuckled at the sight in front of him before asking if she'd rather eat the street food. Noeul nods her head enthusiastically as she dragged Wonwoo from one stall to another.

 

“Let's buy that!” Exclaimed Noeul as her eyes laid on a freshly made crepe.

 

Wonwoo was shocked that she can still eat more food, “Aren't you full?”

 

Noeul shook her head, “I am but there's always space for dessert. Should we get one each or do you want to share?”

 

“Let's just get one.”

 

Noeul nods her head and placed her order.

 

It didn't take long before she got her crepe. Wonwoo paid for the dessert and led her to an empty bench and the two set down.

 

Noeul was halfway into her crepe when she realised she had forgotten to offer some to Wonwoo, “Want some?”

 

Wonwoo declined the offer and signalled for her to finish it up, “Come on, just one bite! It's Nutella. How can anyone reject Nutella?”

 

Seeing how persistent she was, Wonwoo caved in and took a bite.

 

It’s delicious, he thought to himself.

 

“Anyway, about the tuition, are you free tomorrow?” Asked Wonwoo as he wiped off the cream from his mouth.

 

Noeul nods her head in response, “I @*#_)()*@@.”

 

“What?” Questioned Wonwoo as he tries to decipher Noeul's last sentence.

 

“I said, I don't have anything on tomorrow. So where should we meet?”

 

“Definitely not the library, it's hard to discuss in there.”

 

“How about you come over to my house for lunch and we can start after that?”

 

Wonwoo thought long and hard. If he comes tomorrow then it'll be his first time having lunch with her family.

 

“You know that my family don't bite right? My father might but the rest of us are pretty normal.”

 

“Huh? Oh no, I was just thinking if I have any lunch appointment tomorrow.”

 

“No you don't.”

 

“Says who?”

 

“Says me!” Replied Noeul with a wide smile across her face.

 

Wonwoo chuckled before agreeing to come over for lunch, “What's your mother's favourite flower?”


Ending off with some gifs of cutie Jisoo (Noeul)

>>camel-coups