Chapter 3

Love Letters

CHAPTER 3

 

Noeul groaned in pain when she accidentally hit her injured ankle. Right, I sprained my ankle. She was about to sit up when she noticed a figure sleeping on the floor with a basin of water beside him. Right, Wonwoo.

 

 

Noeul laid on her side as she examines the sleeping Wonwoo. He seems nicer now that he's asleep, just like a baby. Noeul, what the hell are you thinking, staring at someone you barely know.

 
 

“What time is it?” Wonwoo rubbed his eyes as he finally wakes up from his sleep.

 

 

Noeul quickly turned around - not wanting Wonwoo to know she spent ten minutes staring at his sleeping face, causing her to hit her ankle for the second time, “Ow!”

 

 

“Are you alright?” Wonwoo sat up right to check on Noeul, “I don't think we should wait for Seungcheol hyung, the swelling is not going away. You should wash up and I'll bring you to the clinic.”

 
 

“Pass me that chair,” Noeul pointed at the direction of the worn out office chair.

 

 

Wonwoo did as told and dragged the chair over to the girl.

 
 

“Now help me get on that chair.”

 

 

“What?”

 
 

“I need you to support me or I’ll end up breaking my legs instead.”

 
 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes as he grabbed onto Noeul’s hand - letting go only when she was seated comfortably on the chair, “Now push me to the bathroom.”

 
 

“What am I? Your dog?”

 
 

“Are you going to push me or not?”

 
 

Wonwoo mumbled under his breath as he pushed Noeul into the bathroom.

 
 

“Can you move?”

 
 

“No.”

 
 

“Just because you're injured doesn't mean you can be rude. I need to wash up too.”

 
 

“Fine.”

 
 

Noeul moved a little to the left and allowed Wonwoo some space to brush his teeth and wash his face. She too did the same thing.

 
 

“Here,” Wonwoo threw his used towel and Noeul and waited for her outside the bathroom.

 
 

“Eww! You just used that to dry your face!”

 
 

“So? You can just use the other side of the towel. Besides, it's not like we have any clean towels around here.”

 

 

Wonwoo waited outside as Noeul gets checked on by the doctor. He didn't know of any clinics nearby and so he brought Noeul to his family clinic.

 
 

“Jeon Wonwoo?” Wonwoo looked up from his phone and was surprised to see a familiar face in front of him.

 
 

“Dr Yoo, I thought you wouldn't be in today.”

 
 

“I thought you would never show up here again. You've missed three sessions and if you miss another one, I might have to inform your father.”

 
 

Wonwoo was about to say something when Noeul came out of the room with a limb, “You're done?”

 
 

“Yup! It'll heal in two weeks time.”

 
 

“Sit, I'll get your prescriptions for you.”

 
 

Noeul did as told while Wonwoo excused himself. Seeing how Wonwoo was acting, Dr Yoo took an interest in the girl in front of her.

 
 

“Hi, you must be friends with Wonwoo. I'm Dr Yoo Hyejung, Wonwoo’s doctor.”

 
 

“I'm Noeul, Kim Noeul.”

 
 

“How did you sprain your ankle?”

 
 

“I slipped while walking down the staircase. Thank god he was there to help me out.”

 
 

“Staircase? Where exactly?”

 
 

“It's the one near th-”

 
 

“Ya!” Wonwoo rushed towards Noeul before she could say another word.

 
 

The two females look at Wonwoo causing him to panic, “We should go now, I'll see you around Dr Yoo.”

 
 

Noeul raised her brows at Wonwoo as he helped her up. She was curious about why he reacted that way when she was about to disclose the location of the hideout but choose to keep quiet.

 
 

“Should I send you back to the hideout?” questioned Wonwoo.

 
 

Noeul shook her head. They were already in her neighbourhood so it was pointless to head back to the hideout, “Let's just go home. I'm sure my mum won’t kill me seeing how I'm in this state.”

 
 

Wonwoo nods his head and allowed Noeul to show him the way to her house. To his surprise, their houses were just a few blocks away from one another. It was weird how they've never bumped into one another; especially since they practically have the same group of friends.

 
 

After passing by Jeonghan’s house, Wonwoo suddenly recalled their conversation from yesterday, “About the tutoring, are you up for it?”

 
 

To be honest, the reason why he even asked was because he felt partially responsible for Noeul's current state.

 
 

“I don't mind,” replied Noeul.

 
 

“Alright, we'll begin next week.”

 
 

“Why? It's the semester break!”

 
 

Wonwoo cupped Noeul’s mouth to stop from whining, “Exactly why we should start next week.”

 
 

Noeul pouted but did not retaliate.

 
 

They finally reached her house and Noeul thanked Wonwoo for accompanying her throughout the entire ordeal.

 
 

“Mind you, I'm a strict tutor.”

 
 

“Ooh I'm scared!”

 
 

“Ya!”

 
 

“Hey guys!” Wonwoo and Noeul turned around and was surprised to see Seungcheol standing behind them.

 
 

Right, he lives across the street. Wonwoo thought to himself.

 
 

“What happened to your leg, midget?”

 
 

Noeul and Wonwoo exchanged looks as they contemplate on what to say.

 
 

“I sprained it last night.”

 
 

“How?”

 
 

“Err...just like that? You know how clumsy I am right?”

 
 

Seungcheol raised his brows at both kids. He knew something was up but he didn't want to pry into it.

 
 

“Going somewhere hyung?”

 
 

“Got myself a hot date! See you guys later!”

 
 

Wonwoo examined Noeul’s body language when Seungcheol announced that he have a date. He noticed how her body stiffens and how sad her eyes became. He also saw how her lips quiver as she surpass her tears, “You okay?”

 
 

“Huh? Y-yeah,” replied Noeul, “I'll see you in school.”

 
 

With that, Noeul heads into her house, leaving Wonwoo outside without saying any proper goodbye.

 
 

Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders and started walking towards the direction of his house.

 
 

“Ya Jeon Wonwoo!” He was near the intersection when he heard someone calling him. Turning around, Wonwoo saw Noeul standing outside her house, waving frantically at him, “Thanks a lot for helping me! I'll buy you lunch in school!”

 
 

Wonwoo couldn't help but to laugh. He replied with an okay sign and signalled for Noeul to head back in.

 


Sorry for the lack of update! Hope you enjoyed this chapter (:
 
Here's Wonwoo being weird hehehe
>>camel-coups