Chapter 7

Love Letters

CHAPTER 7

 

Noeul sighed as she threw her bag on the floor before plopping down on her bed. He father was nowhere to be seen when she reached home and her mother was crying in her bedroom. Haneul, who was always seen in the living room playing his PS4, was locked up in his room.

 

This is not what she wanted when she decided to rebel. Noeul thought that failing her school would mean getting her father's attention, which she did but it wasn't a good one. Rolling over, Noeul was now lying face down, and screaming into her pillows. She was sad this morning but all she could feel now was frustration. She has no idea what was going through her father's mind when he decided to marry her off.

 

“Noona,” Haneul was surprised at the sight in front of him.

 

It was his first time seeing his bubbly sister like this and he felt sorry for not being able to do anything, “I'm sorry. If only I was older. Maybe I could've stopped this but -”

 

“Haneul, stop. I got myself into this mess,” interrupted Noeul, “No, I got everyone into this mess. You, Mum, Wonwoo and all my friends.”

 

“What are we going to do now?”

 

Noeul stayed quiet. She knew what she had to do but she was not sure if it's the right decision.

 

“If marrying Wonwoo means happiness for everyone else then I'll do it.”

 

“Will you be happy? Will Wonwoo hyung be happy? What about Seungcheol hyung? You like him don't you? Are you going to give up just like that?”

 

“Han, love is complicated. Just because I like him doesn't mean I'll end up with him. Some love are just not meant to be. Maybe I am fated to be with Wonwoo? Besides, Wonwoo is a nice guy, he won't hurt me.”

 


Wonwoo left the hideout as quickly as possible and hailed a cab. He needed to see his father to convince him to put a stop to the marriage. Thanks to the traffic his usual one hour journey was cut down to forty-five minutes. Rushing pass everyone, Wonwoo made his way up to the thirteenth floor where his father's office was located at.

 

“Mr Jeon, the CEO is not accepting any visitors today,” announced the Secretary.

 

“Look here Ms Kim, I'm his son, not a visitor.”

 

“But Mr Jeon! You can't-”

 

“It's okay Ms Kim, let him in,” the two youngsters turned around and was surprised to see the older Jeon standing by the elevator.

 

Mr Jeon led the way as Wonwoo followed closely behind him.

 

“No, I am not going to cancel the wedding.”

 

“Why is that so?”

 

“This is for your own good Wonwoo.”

 

“Father, you don't understand. I can't marry Noeul.”

 

Mr Jeon looked at his son, “Son…”

 

---

 

Wonwoo was still in shock when he left his father's office.

 

A lot of thoughts were on his mind but one thing for sure is he needed to see Noeul. Wonwoo hailed a cab and instead of heading home, he found himself standing in front of Noeul’s house.

 

This is it.

 

Wonwoo took out his phone and dialled Noeul’s number which he got from Mingyu.

 

“Hello? It's me, Wonwoo. Can we talk? Five minutes? Sure, I'll wait for you.”

 

Wonwoo hanged up the call and waited for Noeul. He stared at Seungcheol’s window and wondered if the older male had any feelings for his new ‘fiancé'.

 

“Hey?” Noeul greeted him, “Don't you want to come in? It's cold out here.”

 

Wonwoo shook his head as he looked at the girl in front of him. She was still in her uniform and the only thing that's keeping her warm is her blazer.

 

With a sigh, Wonwoo took of his trench coat and covered her cold body, “Why did you come out without your coat?”

 

“I doubt we'd be out here for a long time. So what is it about?”

 

“I've already talked to my father about putting off this marriage,” said Wonwoo, “I'm sorry but there's nothing else that I could do to stop it.”

 

Noeul nodded her head. She thanked him for being honest with her and for everything he had done for her the entire day, “At least I'm getting married to you and not some random guy.”

 

Wonwoo couldn't help but to chuckle, “You should head in before you catch a cold. Oh and don't forget about your tutoring session with me. I'll let you know the schedule tomorrow.”

 

Noeul laughed at the mention of the session. She returned him his trench coat and waved goodbye before heading back into her house.

 

“Ya Jeon Wonwoo!” Wonwoo stopped walking and turned around, “Get home safely!”

 

He replied with an okay sign and signalled for Noeul to head in.


Apologies for the lack of updates! 
Final's are coming up so I've been quite busy.
Anyway, thank you all for subscribing and for commenting! 
I read every single one of your comments and it warms my heart that there are people out there who enjoys my story.
I LOVE YOU GALS! (& guys if there are any) (:
>>camel-coups