Chapter 9

Love Letters

CHAPTER 8

 

Wonwoo came by with two bouquets of flowers. One was a bouquet of roses and the other was a bouquet of baby's breath. Mrs Kim was delighted to see her son-in-law and was more than happy to be receiving her favourite flowers from him.

 

“Come in, lunch will be ready soon. Noeul's upstairs, her room is at the end of the hallway. Go on,” Wonwoo thanked Mrs Kim and headed up to Noeul's room.

 

Not wanting to be rude, Wonwoo knocked on the door twice and waited for Noeul to open the door.

 

“Hi,” Wonwoo greeted the girl, “Here, take it.”

 

XYv4ZxK3puU-ULL-5kauowVxkni2hiuzmJGlo3MR2K9wq6myGBk3iFx_-DQuSVwLaGvMzpvtX4AN2R2xlPBVS6001yUVKhY4LkCyuPCPdYwUiKsz99NxlMyQZouI3nuQHscwgg2o

 

“Lol what is this? Did you get me flowers? Why are you dressed so formally?”

 

Wonwoo scratched his head in embarrassment as Noeul invited him into her room.

 

“How'd you know these are my favourite?” Asked Noeul as she admired the baby’s breath.

 

Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders as he moved closer to the window. He looked out the windows and noticed how he could see the inside of Seungcheol’s room. He felt uneasy about it but choose to ignore it.

 

He continued to explore Noeul’s room and found bits and pieces of his friends in her room; for example Jisoo’s snapback, Junhui’s notebook and Soonyoung’s sweater which he got for him on his 16th birthday.

 

He took off his blazer and placed it neatly on Noeul's bed before rolling up his shirt’s sleeve.

 

“If you're wondering about their stuffs, the guys practically lives here. FYI, I have a pile of their clothes in my wardrobe.”

 

As lunch wouldn't be ready any time soon, the two decided to start on their tutoring session.

 

Noeul was taken aback by Wonwoo’s way of teaching. Unlike other teachers, he encouraged her to refer to the answer sheet and to ask him if there's anything she was unsure of. To his surprised, Noeul spotted almost all of her careless mistakes and was able to learn from them.

 

“See, answer sheets are there for a reason.”

 

“It's called cheating.”

 

“It's more of a reference. Without the answer sheet, I doubt you'll be able to spot your mistakes.”

 

Lunch was finally served after an hour of studying. Noeul led Wonwoo to the dining room where her mother and brother were waiting for them.

 

“Come and sit. It's nothing much but I hope you'll like it.”

 

With a smile, Wonwoo nods his head and took a seat beside Noeul. The three youngsters waited for Mrs Kim to start eating before picking up their chopsticks to eat. Without realizing, Wonwoo had finished up his bowl of rice ahead of everyone else, much to the delight of Mrs Kim.

 

“Eat up Wonwoo, you're too skinny. Ahjumma, can you scoop more rice for Wonwoo?” Wonwoo did not decline and continued eating his refill.

 

After lunch, they all sat in the living room and the boys took this opportunity to play soccer on the PS4.

 

“Ah Hyung!” Haneul whined as he lost to Wonwoo for the second time in a row, “You know what? Let's have a real match soon. I'll show you how good I am at soccer.”

 

“Loser pays for the food?” Suggested Wonwoo.

 

“Deal!”

 

Haneul was about to suggest another round of soccer but was stopped by his mother, “That's enough soccer for you young man. Your sister needs to study.”

 

Haneul pouted as Noeul dragged Wonwoo back into her room.

 

“So what's next?”

 

Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders. Noeul had already finished her Maths assignments and he wasn't prepared to teach her another subject. Come to think of it, Wonwoo was surprised that she managed to complete her assignments in less than an hour.

 

“Spill.”

 

Noeul, who was lazing around on her bed, looked up, “Spill what?”

 

“You're good at Maths aren't you?”

 

Noeul eyed widen at the question, “Okay fine. I'm not that bad at Maths but I'm not that good as well.”

 

“Then why'd you want me to tutor you?”

 

“Because the boys had been bugging me about my results and my dad isn't really helping either so I had no choice but to go with the flow.”

 

“Wait I don't understand. Since you're ‘good’ at Maths, why are you even failing your class? Unless, you're doing it on purpose to seek attention from your father!”

 

Noeul could only stare at Wonwoo. How did he even come up with that conclusion? Only god knows but one thing for sure is he surely did guess correctly.

 

Seeing how Noeul was not denying his assumptions, Wonwoo suggested they ‘talk it out’, and so they spent the whole day in the room basically talking about Noeul’s pathetic life.

 

“You must be thinking I'm crazy for doing all these right? I mean, yeah I can be above average if I tried hard enough but after slacking for nearly a year, it's pretty hard to get back on track. So will you help me or not?”

 

“Do I have a choice?”

 

“Jeon Wonwoo, what kind of a fiancé are you?”

 

“A handsome one,” Wonwoo gave a cheeky smile as he walked up to the windows, “And since you're going to be my wife, I guess I'll have to do whatever I can to help you just so people will stop calling my wife dumb.”

 

Noeul got up from her chair and slapped Wonwoo’s arm, “Hey! That's an insult!”

 

Whilst the two were bickering in front of the window, little did they know that a certain someone had been keep an eye on them for quite some time.