Chapter 6

Love Letters

CHAPTER 6

 

Noeul didn't go to school that day despite it being the last day. After the huge fight with her father, Noeul had gone to the park which was located at the opposite end of her house. She controlled her tears, preventing them from falling. I'm not weak, I'm not going to cry.

 

Noeul was too out of it to realised that she had passed by a familiar looking person. The male had called out to her but Noeul did not stop. Instead she walked faster.

 

What the hell? School’s that way, why is she heading towards the park?

 

Noeul had no idea where she was heading to. She didn't look up, fearing that once she does, her tears will start to fall. It took her a minute to calm herself down. Looking around, she realised that the crowded field she was used to was now empty. It was just her and nothing else.

 

“Ya Kim Noeul!” Noeul turned around and was surprised to see Wonwoo gasping for breath; sweat dripping down his face.

 

Wonwoo was about to scold her for running off but stopped himself when he realised how red her eyes are, “Did something happen? Are you hurt somewhere? Huh? Answer me!”

 

Noeul said nothing. Instead she ran up to Wonwoo and buried her face in his chest. The stored tears which she tried so hard to control continued to flow and the sobs wracked her body, robbing it of the ability to speak – barely allowing her to breathe.

 

Wonwoo steadied her when he felt her losing her balance. So many things were going through his mind but not a single thing was said. Instead, he wrapped his arms securely around her, at the same time caressing her head in hopes of calming her down.


 

After a good five minutes of crying, Wonwoo and Noeul took a sit underneath a tree and sat in silence. Thousands of questions was running through his mind but he knew better than to say anything least Noeul breaks down again.

 

The girl on the other hand was hoping for Wonwoo to at least ask her something. She was sure he was curious as to why she was crying back then.

 

“Have you ever thought of marriage before?” Noeul broke the silence.

 

Wonwoo looked at her quizzically, “Nope.”

 

Noeul nods her head, “What about now? When do you think you'll get married?”

 

“Beats me but I'm sure I'll get married, somehow.”

 

Even if it meant getting married to a total stranger.

 

“Why the sudden thought of marriage though?”

 

Noeul shrugged her shoulders, “You never know. Besides, marriage is just business in our kind of family. Right?”

 

“That's true. People can say whatever they want about true love but that's just bull.”

 

True love huh?

 

Silence engulfed them once more. Wonwoo was about to say something when he noticed the bushes in front of them were moving when it wasn't even windy. He was about to let it pass when he saw something which looked similar to a camera.

 

“Hey, I think we should go,” whispered Wonwoo.

 

“Why are you whispering? And where are we supposed to go? School?” asked Noeul.

 

“I'm not trying to scare you but I think someone is stalking us.”

 

Noeul panicked as she looked around, trying to find the stalker, “Stop, act normal.”

 

Noeul stopped whatever she was doing and simply looked at Wonwoo. How is this even normal?

 

Wonwoo thought long and hard before coming up with an idea, “The hideout.”

 

The two stood up casually and headed to the hideout. Instead of the usual route, Wonwoo took them to a longer route; his usual route.

 

Wonwoo quickly locked the door and drew the curtains as soon as they entered the hideout.

 

“What's going on?” asked Noeul.

 

Wonwoo was about to say something when his phone rang. He excused himself and headed to the bathroom to answer the call from his brother.

 

Hello?

 

Have you read the news?

 

What news?

 

Congrats man, I didn't know you had a girlfriend.

 

What girlfriend are you talking about? I don't have one.

 

Well then Dad must've hooked you up with that girl you were hugging at the park.

 

What girl?

 

Oh , Noeul!

 

Wonwoo hanged up the call and got out of the bathroom. He had expected to see Noeul alone but was surprised to see the rest of the gang and Noeul’s friends all gathered in the living room. The television was switched on and he was shocked to see his father and an unidentified man holding a press conference.

 

“J Group is proud to announce our exclusive partnership with KB Group,” announced Mr Jeon.

 

Wonwoo cursed under his breath. He knew exactly where this partnership is heading to. Marriage, !

 

Wonwoo took a glimpse at Noeul who looked like her entire world was crashing right in of her. It was then did he realised Noeul knew it was happening.

 

“Noeul,” that was the only thing that came out of Wonwoo’s mouth when he saw the girl looking at him.

 

Seconds later, the girl grabbed her belongings and hurriedly left the hideout.

 

“I'll get her,” offered Seungcheol.

 

Nobody protested as they all knew that out of all of them, Seungcheol is the closest person to Noeul.

 

“Did you know?” asked Yoojung.

 

Wonwoo shook his head. He knew that one day his father will drop this bomb on him but he never expected it to be this soon.

 

“Did she know?”

 

“She probably did, but I doubt she knew it will be me.”

 

“Is that why she didn't come to school?” Mingyu butted in.

 

Wonwoo didn't reply but everyone knew the answer to Mingyu’s question.

 

Seeing how worried Wonwoo is, Jeonghan stepped forward and pats his shoulder, “Don't worry, Seungcheol is with her.”

 

Right, Seungcheol hyung is with her.

 

Wonwoo didn't know why but he felt uneasy upon hearing that sentence.


 

Seungcheol did not utter a single word as he walked behind Noeul. He knew well enough not to say anything whenever she's upset.

 

“Can we get bubble tea?”

 

Bubble tea, the one drink she must have to make herself feel better. Seungcheol knew better than anyone else that Noeul was not supposed to have any dairy intake. Nevertheless, he did not reject her request and proceed to lead her to their favourite shop.

 

Noeul waited outside as Seungcheol went into the packed shop to get their drinks. It took him a while but her face lighted up upon seeing her favourite drink.

 

“Do you want to sit somewhere? Or should we continue walking around aimlessly?”

 

“My ankle is hurting,” Noeul pouted as she looked down to her injured ankle.

 

It was only then that she realised she had overworked her ankle from all the running and walking she did today.

 

“Should we head home? You can stay over at my place of you want too,” offered Seungcheol.

 

As tempting as that sounds, Noeul knew better than to run away from home. No, she was not going to back down, not yet. She will prove to her father that she's stronger than what he thinks.

 

“No, I wanna go home, my home,” Seungcheol nods his head in understanding.

 

The two were standing in front of her house when Noeul dropped a bomb on Seungcheol, “Oppa.”

 

Seungcheol’s ears perked up at the word oppa, “Huh?”

 

“I've made up my mind.”

 

“What do you mean by you've made up your mind?"
 
 
Noeul smiled as she looked up at the older male, "There's something I've been wanting to tell you but I've never gotten a chance too."
 
 
Seungcheol looked at her quizically as he tries to read her mind.
 
 
"How long has it been? Three years - maybe longer, but that's not important," said Noeul carefully, "I've liked you for quite some time, and I doubt you noticed it."
 

"Noeul, I-"
 
 
"No, listen to what I have to say," Noeul stopped Seungcheol from interrupting her, "It's true that I've liked you for all these years but I've come to a realisation that maybe I should have given up a long time ago. I'm telling you all these not because I want you to reciprocarte my feelings. Now that I've let out my feelings, I can move on without any regrets. Thank you for all that you've done for me these past years."
 
 
Seungcheol was speechless -  he stood frozen, not knowing what to do. 
 
 
"Seuncheol oppa, as your sister, is it okay for me to marry your friend?"
 
 

I'll just leave this gif here. See you in the next chapter! ^^

>>camel-coups