Chapter 1

Love Letters

CHAPTER 1

 

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…“KIM NOEUL!”

Noeul ran as fast as she could from her mother who was chasing after her with a broom in her hands. It was that time of the year again. Noeul’s mother had just found out that she was once again ranked last in her class. Well at least I'm not ranked last in the entire school, that's what she always say to cheer herself up.

Noeul stopped running when she lost sight of her mother. She crouched down near a pot of flowers as she tries to catch her breath. There's no way I can come home tonight. Noeul was about to reach out for her handphone when it suddenly rang.

 

Chan

 

“Hello?”

 

“Noona, I heard you ranked last again,” said Chan nonchalantly.

 

It was no surprise that news of her ranking last had spread amongst the neighbours. At the rate her mother was shouting, it would be a surprise if someone was still unaware of it.

 

“What's new? Anyway, I need a place to stay. Where are you guys at?”

 

“I'll text you the address.”

 

With that, their conversation ended and as promised, Chan had texted the address of their meet up place.

 

Noeul took half an hour to reach the venue and was greeted ‘warmly’ by her friends.

 

“Look who came in like a wrecking ball,” commented Seungkwan.

 

Noeul shot daggers at him as she took a sit next to Seungcheol, who offered her his drink, “Cheer up, you can always try for the second last position next semester.”

 

“Ugh, shut up Choi Seungcheol,” Noeul groaned at the thought of the final exams.

 

Seungcheol pinched her nose before taking back his drink, “That's Seungcheol oppa for you young lady.”

 

Noeul stuck her tongue out teasingly as she rested her head against Hansol’s shoulders, “How I wish I was still a freshman.”

 

Hansol couldn't help but to chuckle at her statement, “No, how I wish I was still in middle school like Chan.”

 

“You'll just be a burden to the kid,” everyone burst out laughing at Soonyoung’s statement.  

 

Chan gave her an apologetic smile and Noeul was well aware that he shares the same sentiments as Soonyoung.

 

“I have a friend who can help you with your studies,” said Jeonghan, “I mean, it's up to you if you want to work hard for the last leg of the race.”

 

Noeul grumbled but she knew that she have to work hard in order to get into college, “Okay fine, who is it?”

 

“Wonwoo, Jeon Wonwoo.”

 


 

“Jeon Wonwoo!” Wonwoo lazily got up from his bed and headed down to the living room where his father was ‘patiently’ waiting for him, “Explain yourself.”

 

Wonwoo remained silent. There's really nothing for him to explain. He was ranked second in school, a drop from last semester.

 

His father gripped on to the result slip and used it to slap his face, “You're such a disgrace. Why can't you be more like your siblings?”

 

“Siblings? What siblings?” with that Wonwoo left the house and called his friends to hang out.

 

Anywhere is better than that hell hole.

 

“Hello? Jeonghan hyung? Are you heading to the hideout anytime soon?”

 

“Wait, you're coming to the hideout? Well that's new.”

 

“Things happen hyung. So yeah, will you guys be there or not?”

 

“Seungcheol says we might be late but you can head over first. We’ll come by with food.”

 


 

 

Wonwoo entered the secret hideout which was located beside an abandoned building. It felt like it's been years since he last came here and he could definitely see significant changes to the hideout. For example, a female slippers by the shoe rack, a purple toothbrush in the bathroom and a pikachu mug in the kitchen.

 

Wonwoo stayed in the kitchen for a good five minutes as he scanned around for any traces of edible food. Opening the fridge, he helped himself to a can of cola and settled down in front of the television when he realised that there was nothing edible. He mindlessly switched channels and only stop when he saw something interesting before switching to another channel.

 


 
First chapter is up! How was it? Do let me know in the comments down below (:
 
>>camel-coups