3 Broken Hearts

Twin Souls

Jessica can’t pretends that she didn’t care when all eyes were on her and Yuri. It feels like they had become the school jokes. If it was her, getting a stare at wasn’t so bad to be honest. She care less about what others think but Yuri seems to be effected by it. He hadn’t lift up his head for a good 10 minutes and break time is coming to an end soon. He’s not touching his food either. She thought he got used to it but somehow he’s not. He’s cute being all shy and everything but it will make her happy if he could just look at her instead of entertaining all these people. Jessica resting her hand on top of Yuri’s earning a timid look from the tan guy. She sadly smile.

 

“If I knew coming here would make you turn your gaze away from me to the floor, we’re better have our break at the field.”

 

She’s upset and Yuri is not that dumb not noticing it. He thought he could handle all those glaring eyes but when they arrived, he had a cold feet. He just can’t handle it. Yuri slowly lifting his head up until he can see her face.

 

“Sorry. I-I just…” He couldn’t finish his words but Jessica somehow know what he’s going to say. She resting her chin on the cafeteria table; so that her gaze is at the same level as his.

 

“Now I can see you.” Yuri blush hard as Jessica tap his nose. His girlfriend is so cute when she’s not even trying. Yuri lips slowly tugging into a grin.

 

“If you’re not comfortable with anything, tell me. Don’t hide it. I hate it when you do.” Jessica sternly reminding Yuri despite the smile on her face. Yuri pouts as he puckered his bottom lips. Gosh, this kid is so cute. Jessica steal a kiss from his pouty lips and pulls away. Yuri with his red blushing face, slowly raise his head up not forgetting to lock his gaze on Jessica. It takes all his bravery and courage to ignore the obvious stare as he finally sit straight on his chair. Jessica can’t help but smiling wider with his efforts.

 

“It wasn’t so bad right?” Jessica complimenting his efforts. Yuri slowly nodding. He’s still feeling a little intimidated but as long as he keeps his gaze on Jessica, he knows he’ll be fine. Sweats breaking out, there’s this nagging feeling of uneasiness creeping inside of him but the moment his eyes laid upon Jessica’s it brush away all the weird feelings; keeping him on his seat as they look at each other.

 

“Now, eat your food.” Jessica pull away her hand as she push Yuri’s plate towards him. He simply nodding as he hold his bread in hand and take a bite from it. Jessica brought it from home just for him. As he munch his first bitten piece, his eyes widen and there’s legit twinkling from his eyes.

 

“This is so gooodddd..” He hums as he take another after another bites. Jessica just watch her boyfriend being so happy with his food. She props her chin up on her left hand as her eyes following her boyfriend eager expression on every bite. Yuri keep on eating like a happy dude when a boy came to their table. He didn’t even bother to greet Yuri as he flash a smile towards Jessica. Yuri frowns unhappy and pouts as he put down his bread. Jessica saw Yuri’s expression and mentally giggling inside; happy knowing that Yuri is actually jealous. The boy though didn’t move away despite Jessica lack of attention.

 

“Hi Jessica. I’m Bryan by the way.”

 

“Oh. Ok.” She nonchalantly replied but this Bryan boy doesn’t seem to care if Jessica reacting good or bad towards him.

 

“You should hang out with us at our table over there.” Bryan said as he pointed towards where his friends are. It’s a bunch of hockey players and a few girls that Jessica assume to be their girlfriends? who cares.

 

“Uh no. I’m here with Yuri. Thanks for the invitation but no.” Jessica replied uninterested with him. She saw Yuri flash her his puppy eyes look that is so cute that she almost melting. She pinch the tan boy on the thigh under the table. Bryan raise an eyebrow.

 

“I don’t think Yuri would mind. Right Kwon?” Bryan glancing towards Yuri and mouth you’re-dead-if-you-say-no without Jessica seen it. Yuri almost cowered on his seat if it wasn’t because of Jessica hand resting on his thigh.

 

“I care. So please go away. I’m asking you nicely.”

 

“I don’t get you. Why would you spent your time with this loser?” Jessica ears turn red as she just heard Bryan openly insulting Yuri. Yuri keep his gaze down not daring to have a staring contest with Bryan. She was about to throw a mouthful of insult towards him when Taeyeon out of nowhere came to their table and sat next to Yuri.

 

“Because this loser happens to be my twin and you can go and yourself Bryan.” Taeyeon spat angrily although he’s smiling when he said that. Bryan back away not wanting to create trouble with Taeyeon; the basketball jock. Not good for his social status in this school.

 

“Good. Walk away.” Taeyeon shush him as he left their table. Yuri huff in relief. Taeyeon with an evil smile on his face slap Yuri hard on the back almost earning a loud groan from the latter. Yuri turns towards him and pouts. Taeyeon laugh.

 

“That face don’t work at me idiot.” Yuri falls into fit of laughter as he joins his twin laughing together. Jessica had no idea how that is funny but it is seems to be funny for Yuri. She just like to watch the two of them interacting with each other. She envies them like always. Jessica clearing earning the twins attention. Taeyeon grins.

 

“I just save your Jess. Say thank you.”

 

“Nope. Yuri, please tell your overreacting brother that he’s bothering us.” Jessica tease Taeyeon. Yuri laughs at Taeyeon while Taeyeon pouts. He furrow his eyebrows.

 

“Say thank you Jess. Or I’ll kidnap you after school.” Taeyeon sneakily wiggling his eyebrows. Jessica can’t ignore that look from Taeyeon. It’s funny when he does that wiggling eyebrow thingy. Taeyeon leans forward and playfully flickered Jessica’s forehead. Jessica swat his hands away in attempt to get away. The two then fall into a big laughter as Yuri just watch their reaction together; why does it feels like watching the two of them bringing some nagging feelings in his heart? It feels like he’s the third wheel in this relationship. He’s happy that Taeyeon accepting his relationship with Jessica but this feelings that something is not right is somehow making him anxious. They look good together, he won’t deny that. But.

 

‘No Yuri. He’s Taeyeon. Taeyeon will never do anything to hurt you.’

 

Yuri keep repeating that words in his head for the past few weeks. He didn’t know what he’ll do if Jessica wasn’t his and he had to let her go for Taeyeon.

 

“Yul?” Jessica voice brings Yuri back to his senses. He saw Taeyeon and Jessica looking at him in worries. He force a smile.

 

“Sorry. I…I’m hungry.” He came up with an excuse that earns a laugh from Taeyeon. He shove Yuri’s mouth with food but not until he’s choke. Jessica just giggles at Taeyeon action as Yuri keep on eating. From time to time, he would glance at the two and somehow the same doubting feeling is getting stronger. Is he going to get hurt?

 

‘No, Taeyeon will never hurt you.’

 

…..

 

To Yuri, he was so used to be alone that sometimes, he just practically left school without even care. Unless Taeyeon asking him to wait, he’ll just walk back home as fast as he can. But, now that he has a girlfriend, Yuri enjoy staying around after school and spending some time with Jessica. No stuffs, just a nice after school studying in the library. He likes that. They were seating in front of each other. Yuri silently steal a glance towards Jessica when the brunette wasn’t looking at him. He smile like a creepy boy when she focus on her book. Yuri didn’t know how long he has been staring at her when she looks up and cheekily smile.

 

“Didn’t you look enough Yul?”

 

Yuri grins as he lazily resting his chin on his propping hand.

 

“I like watching you study.”

 

“Really?” Yuri nodding answering Jessica question. Jessica put down her pencil as she leans forward. Yuri copying her actions and together they leans forward almost touching the tip of their nose.

 

“I thought we’re here to study and not you ogling over my looks.”

 

Yuri innocently blink his eyes and shaking his head.

 

“I’m not ogling. I like watching you study.” Jessica can’t help teasing the guy. If there’s a guy that sincerely mean that, it would be Yuri. Jessica ruffling his hair as she pulls back and stood up. Yuri just watch as his girlfriend walking away towards the far end of cabinets. She disappeared behind the row of books cabinet. Yuri puff his cheek.

 

“But I’m not lying.”

 

Yuri look around and when he see that no one is looking, she silently stands up and walk towards where Jessica just disappear. But Jessica is not there. He scratch the back of his head contemplating if she should gone deeper into the rows of shelves. Yuri hug his body as he walk in further. The area is slightly secluded and he never gone to this area before.

 

“Sica?” Yuri whispering afraid if he might disturbing other students when he’s actually not. Yuri turn around the corner only to be pin against the wall by Jessica. His eyes widen when her lips touch his. The warmth of her lips is so inviting that Yuri forgot they’re in a library and kissing is prohibited. Yuri instantly wrapping his arms around Jessica waist bringing the girl closer to him. He can feel her smiling against his lips.

 

“My Yuri is getting bold.” Jessica tease in between lip locking. Yuri just hum as he’s enjoying the feel of Jessica’s soft lips against his own. Yuri flip them as Jessica rest her back against the wall with him trapping her in between. He trace his lips from the base of her neck upwards before taking against his. Jessica hand tightened on his collar as his tongue invading . He likes the taste of . She had mac and cheese on recess and he’s a fan of mac and cheese so yeah, he likes kissing her right now.

 

“Yul…” Jessica moan into his mouth as he cheekily placing his right leg between her hips pressing her centre. Jessica eyes glancing nervously at the small passage towards where they are’ it’s the only way into this section. This was her idea but now it is making her nervous if anyone caught them here eating each other faces, they might be call into the principle office. Not like this. So when Yuri slightly pulling away, Jessica place her palms on his chest slightly pushing him out creating space between them. He had this cheeky grin on his face.

 

“You’re actually enjoying kissing me in the open like this when at any moment, someone is going to walk on us.” Jessica snorted as Yuri puckering his bottom lips with that puppy eyes.

 

“But…I like kissing you.” He said in his cute voice. Jessica giggles as she covers his mouth with her palm instead of her own. Yuri eyes widen when Jessica giggles like that but covering his mouth instead. He cup .

 

“Shhh..or we’ll get caught.”

 

Yuri let Jessica resting her arms on his shoulder as they’re staring into each other eyes. With their body pressing together, he can feel her softness. The tips of their nose almost touch.

 

“Maybe we shouldn’t try it Sica.”

 

“Agree.”

 

Yuri step away from Jessica as he helping straightening her cloth. They can’t be seen walking out of this section looking weird. Jessica smile when Yuri finally done. He tugging a strand of her hair behind her ear.

 

“Let’s go?” Jessica glance down; Yuri’s held out his hand for her to take. She did as he lead the way out of the section and back to their table. With Yuri, it was always gentle. Who would never fall for him?

 

…..

 

Taeng dribble the ball as he make his way towards the opposition D area. His eyes wandering around as he’s planning a tactic in his head. The opposition is playing a deep defense line preventing his teammates from making a run thus stopping him from distributing any ball. Time is ticking and they are down by 2 points. Every play counts. Taeng go through his options as he scan the area. To be a good playmaker, he needs to be creative. They want to play defense? Bring it on. Taeng pass the ball to his left. One of the opposition guard comes forward creating a defense wall towards Wooyoung forcing Wooyoung to pass back. Taeng hiss not happy with this cowardly play. They’re putting 2 men each time.

 

“Taeng!” Taecyeon call for the ball as he make a dash inside 2 points area. He’s big but there’s 2 player marking him and he need to be wary about the enemy’s creative forward; one passing mistake and they’re going to counter. Taeng hiss as set his foot in and did a fake shot. A big guard that obviously task to mark him comes forward and jump but Taeng duck down and did a 45 turn going around the big guard creating a path for him inside the 2 point area. Looking as he finally penetrating the defense line, one of the forwards come in; Taeng saw Weesung running the back door; he did another turn and do the back pass aiming the ball towards Weesung. Wessung caught it and open for a 2 shot; he took it and the ball goes in along with Taeng fall backwards hitting his head on the court with the obstruction from his marker. He groan as the whistle came from the official signaling a blocking. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Yuri looking down worried. That baby brother of him always worried for no reason. Wooyoung run towards him and help him up. Taeng rub the back of his head as he looks at the officials. Since the event happen inside the D, he signals for a free throw. The home supporters cheers along with the team.

 

Taeng get into his position; behind the shooting line as his eyes set on the game clock. 12 seconds. Make it count Kim Taeyeon. He glance up and saw Yuri waving his banner enthusiastically. Taeng grins. He caught the ball thrown at him by the officials. He exhale slowly as he bumps the ball on the court; a routine he did everytime taking a free throw. His teammates slap him on the bum early giving him support. Taeng get ready and release the ball aiming for the hop. As expected from the team captain, it goes in smoothly earning another loud cheers from the home supporters. But Taeng knew the game is not yet ending with 12 seconds to go, anything is possible.

 

“Get back! Get back!” He scream at his team members as he keep his eyes on the ball trying to read the point guard’s game. He then saw what he’s trying to do. Taeng swiftly change direction undetected from the opponent’s view. When he pass the ball towards his teammates on the far end, Taeng intercepted. Taecyeon saw it and run as fast as he could forward as Taeng hold the ball before sending it to Taecyeon at the end of the court. Taecyeon did a layup as the official blow his whistle indicating the end of the game with them winning 84-80. Everyone went ballistic over the win as crowd standing up and cheers erupting around the hall. All the team members run down the court as they jumping at Taeng. He falls on the floor as everyone pilling on top of him. His eyes caught onto Yuri whom unlike everyone, just standing there but with that proud smile of his. Next to her is Jessica and when Jessica flash him that familiar smile. That moment, he knew he just screwed up his life as his heart beat differently. It is so wrong and he knows why.

 

He’s falling for her.

 

.....

 

“Nice game. I knew you would have steal the ball.” Taeng raise an eyebrow towards the blonde. Jessica chuckles.

 

“I’m not that dense about basketball okay? Plus Yuri foreseen that play. He told me seconds before you did it.”

 

There’s a sense of proud in Taeng as Jessica just compliments Yuri. Basketball has been and always be the sport that connect them. They both speak the language. It just Yuri doesn’t play it. He loves the game as much as Taeng is.

 

“You’re blonde with brain. I’m impress Sica.” Taeng jokingly said earning a hard slap on his arm from the latter. The two is having a blast of conversation despite the loud music and people partying around, celebrating the basketball team win. Yuri on the other hand excuse himself to the toilet leaving Taeng and Jessica at the table. The music is getting louder as Taeng leans towards Jessica.

 

“I never think of you as someone that go partying!”

 

“There’s so much more about me that you know nothing Tae!” She answered louder than before. At this rate of volume, they’re going to be deaf when the party ended. Taeng glancing around.

 

“Yuri is taking forever in the bathroom! You wait here while I’ll go fetch lover boy, okay?!”

 

Jessica sent a warning glare towards Taeng for calling her boyfriend lover boy. Taeng grins as he drink his cola before standing up.

 

“It’s true! He’s in the mushy land with a mushy girl.”

 

“You’re such an arrogant little prick Kwon Taeng.”

 

Taeng laugh louder as he excusing himself. Jessica can only shaking her head as Taeng make his way towards the toilet area. Jessica was about to drink her cola when Bryan sit down next to her. She almost rolling her eyes; not really in the mood to entertain him.

 

“Finally, you’re alone.”

 

“In case you haven’t notice, I came with my friends who one of it is your team captain.” Jessica nonchalantly answered as she move slightly away from Bryan. He smell and she hates the smell.

 

“And also the .” Jessica shot him her deadly glare but Bryan didn’t back away.

 

“It’s true. He took advantage over Hyorin and if Wooyoung wasn’t there, who knows what he did.”

 

“You are obviously the biggest prick I’ve ever had the unfortunate to meet.” Jessica spats back startling Bryan but he remain compose. He leans forward trying to force himself on her when Jessica stood up and push him away. Jessica is fuming mad as she slap him hard on the cheek. Bryan felt his inner ego screaming as he let his hand flying to the beautiful face only to be stop by someone. He fall on the floor with a cut lip.

 

“Wooyoung?” Wooyoung grab him by the collar and push him away.

 

“No one mess around with Taeng’s. I’m telling coach to drop you from the team. Get lost!” Bryan eyes widen as he wipe the blood on his lips. He look at Jessica before back at Wooyoung.

 

“Fine. Whatever.”

 

Bryan left the room leaving Jessica and a few of Taeng’s team members. Fortunately the commotion between them didn’t force the party to end. Wooyoung turn around facing Jessica.

 

“You’re okay?”

 

“Yeah. Thank you.” She sincerely said. Wooyoung just nodding while Weesung who stood behind her flash a smile.

 

“No sweat. Taeng is our captain. We help each other out.” She only nodding in understanding as both of them left her. There’s something not right when he said that to be honest. There’s this non settling feelings when he said that and it is bothering Jessica. If they really helping out then what with the hatred towards Yuri?

 

“No, you’re just overthinking Jessica Jung. Nothing is wrong.” Shrugging off her unsettling feelings, Jessica finish her cola while waiting for Yuri and Taeng to come back.

 

……

 

Yuri eyes glistening as he watch the video of Taeng and Jessica together playing basketball. They were too close and when Taeng hugging her from behind, a single tear rolling down his cheek. Taecyeon had a small smile as Yuri handing over his phone.

 

‘Trust Taeyeon.’ His heart keep reminding him over and over as he stood there unmoving. Taecyeon put away his phone.

 

“You and I both know that Jessica deserve someone better and between you and Taeng, you’re not the one. Taeng love Jessica. We should have win that game earlier with a big margin but because of you, he couldn’t play well. His hidden feelings for Jessica is messing up his game. Ask yourself Yul, is it worth it to see the effort he puts in day in and out flush down the drain because he couldn’t tell you that he’s in love with your girlfriend?”

 

Yuri look down on the floor as his knuckles tightened. Taecyeon see his body shaking a little. He continue.

 

“He always put you first in everything Yuri. Maybe this time around, you put his feelings first instead of yours.”

 

For a while, Yuri has suspecting Taeng’s feeling for Jessica but the latter didn’t say anything. Plus Taeng the one encourage him to follow his feelings instead. Yuri look up staring back Taecyeon.

 

“I don’t trust you. I trust Taeng.” He slip out of the bathroom totally ignoring Taecyeon buff body almost taking over the whole door frame. He just want to get out of here. But his steps died as he saw Taeng leaning towards Jessica before he pulls away smiling so much. The interaction between the two of them tugging deep in his heart. Taecyeon stood next to him as his eyes were on the two. He slip his hands into his jeans pocket.

 

“She’ll learn to forget you if she has him around.”

 

Taecyeon pat Yuri on the back before leaving the tan guy alone thinking over what he just said. He glanced towards Weesung and nodding his head. Yuri remain rooted on his spot as the scene in front of him somehow hurting him more than ever. When he saw Taeng standing up, Yuri turn his back against them and get back into the toilet. He wash his face leaving no trace of tears behind.

 

“There you are. What took you so long?” Taeng comes in and leans against the wall. Yuri didn’t even check how he looks like as he turns around greeting Taeyeon with a childish grin.

 

“Heee..” Taeng flicking Yuri on the forehead as the tan guy groan and rubbing his forehead.

 

“Stomach ache. Maybe I ate something.” Yuri come up with an excuse. Taeng seems buying it as he didn’t ask anymore instead he wash his hands. Yuri felt like another tear is threatening to fall as he quickly washing his face again not wanting to break down right at this instant. Taeng glance towards him and smile.

 

“Until you cry? Is it that hurting?” Taeng question startling Yuri. Taeng continue.

 

“I know you so well. What’s wrong?”

 

Who is he kidding with? They know each other more than anyone. Yuri wipe his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. Taeng sigh as he pull the tan guy into his arms; hugging him.

 

“I’m sorry.. I promise I won’t cry anymore.” Yuri plead leaving Taeng even more confuse. He just let his twin be. Let him cry his heart out. One day when he’s ready, he will tell. Taeng pat his head.

 

“Come on. Your girlfriend is waiting outside. She’s going to be worried if she knew you were crying.”

 

Yuri didn’t say anything as he let his tears runs out dry. For once, he didn’t want to choose. For once, he just want to be happy. For once, he want to see everyone is happy.

 

“Cry baby.” Taeng tease Yuri as he finally pulling away and wiping the remaining tears on his cheek. Taeng ruffling his hair.

 

“You’re okay now? Wash your face. Smile. For Jessica.”

 

Yeah. For Jessica. For you too.

 

……

 

Everything was supposed to be simple. He’ll fall in love, graduate and maybe get himself to a nice college. Be an engineer like his father or an architect like his mother. But never in his right mind that today his doing this on purpose. He doesn’t have the guts to break it up with Jessica or force Taeng to talk. He’s such a coward. So he’s determine that after tonight, he’s going to ignore Jessica until the girl hate him and leave him for good. Maybe. Then he’ll lose the only friend he has other than Taeng. Great plan Kwon Yuri. But why he’s so sleepy right now? Yuri shake his head hoping to deter the sleepiness away but it’s not working. Jessica sense it and place her palm on his back.

 

“You’re okay?” She sounded worried. Yuri doesn’t think he can actually stay awake anymore. Without answering, he fall backwards as he dove deeper into dreamland. Jessica alerting Taeng about it. His brother came to his side.

 

“Yul?” Taeng pat his cheek but the latter didn’t wake up. Until they heard a light snore. Both Jessica and Taeng chuckle.

 

“How can you fall asleep with all this loud music Yul?” Taeng teasingly said earning another giggles from Jessica. Jessica glance at her wrist watch; 10.30 PM.

 

“Taeng, maybe it’s time to call the night off. It’s getting late.”

 

Taeng nodding as he slip his twin’s arm around his neck supporting his weight and pulling him up. Yuri is still fast asleep. Jessica followed from behind. She came here tonight with the twins so she’s getting home with the twins. Jessica help Taeng placing Yuri on the rear seat before she climb on the passenger seat next to the driver. Taeng got in and start his engine. He drove away leaving the after game party. Everyone are already tired. It was merely a 20 minutes driving when they finally stop in front of Jessica house. Jessica yawn.

 

“Thanks for celebrating with us.” Taeng genuinely said.

 

“It was a great game to celebrate.” Jessica stretch her arms as she unbuckle her seatbelt. Before she could got out of the car, Taeng hold her wrist preventing her from going out. Jessica raise an eyebrow but didn’t push away.

 

“C-Can I say something?”

 

“Okay. What is it?” Taeng eyes darted to the sleeping figure on the back seat before back at Jessica. This is the only time he can say it.

 

“Remember when you asked me if I’m interested with anyone before? Well that person is you. I think I love you.”

 

Jessica froze. The reality of what Taeng said finally sink in as she gently tugging her hand away from him. What is he doing? He’s trying to ruin his twin’s relationship? But before Jessica could yell at him, he continued.

 

“But Yuri loves you more and you love him. I just want to get this out of my chest and now that I said it, I can finally move on. So please don’t make it awkward between the two of us. I still hope we can stay as friends.”

 

Jessica for some reason know she should have yell or get angry at Taeng but his eyes weren’t lying. He’s telling the truth. His eyes looks the same as Yuri when he was being honest. If only she didn’t know Yuri, maybe they could have work out. But it’s not. They can’t work it out. Jessica flash a genuine smile.

 

“I appreciate it. It’s really something to hear that a popular guy said he loves you. We can stay as friends Taeng. No worries.”

 

“Thank you.” Taeng said as he leans forward and kiss Jessica on the forehead. There’s something stirring in her heart but it was not enough to change her love. The sparks are there but it wasn’t enough to light the fireworks.

 

“See you tomorrow.”

 

…..

 

Taeng finally home as he carried the heavy Yuri upstairs into his bedroom and silently putting him on his bed. He tuck the tan guy and turn off the light while walking out of his room. He yawn as he make it to his bedroom and as soon as his head hit the pillow, Taeng fall asleep. Thankfully their parents didn’t wake up or he’ll be scolded for not changing to a sleep wear. He’s too lazy for that.

 

When Taeng close the door, Yuri eyes fluttering open in the darkness. He stands up and like a ninja climbing down the window of his bedroom. As soon as his foot set down on the ground, he pulls up his hoodie and walking away from his house looking solemn. He heard everything that was said between Jessica and Taeng in the car. He saw him kissing her. He was crying in silent when they did that. Taecyeon was right. Taeng is suffering. Yuri didn’t know where he’s going or what is going on around him but when a flash from far came, it was too late for him to evade.

 

The car crash against the tree and exploded waking up residents nearby. The night lighten up with a huge fire. Darkness is no more.

 

…..

 

“Taeng, wake up!” Taeng shoot up from his sleep as his parents are standing in front of him. They look so pale. He rubs his eyes.

 

“Mom? Dad?”

 

“Taeng, Yuri….they call…” His mother couldn’t even form words. Mr. Kwon hold his son’s shoulder.

 

“They called. Yuri was run down by a car.”

 

That was when he know his face had turn pale too.

 

….

 

Taeng placed his palms on the mirror separating him from his twins. Yuri’s body is severely burnt and they said he’s in a deep coma. Every flesh was burnt by the explosion. It was a miracle that he survive until now. He hadn’t spoken to anyone but the look on the doctor’s face tells everything he doesn’t want to hear.

 

“Yul, wake up. Please…wake up.”

 

His mom had been crying all night. His dad knees collapse the moment they got here and was inform of Yuri’s situation. Taeng had called Jessica and without giving much detail; afraid if anything happen to Jessica, he asked her to come to the hospital. Tears had long rolling down his cheek as he stood there helpless over Yuri’s situation.

 

“Taeng!” Taeng turns around and saw Jessica with her parents. She was running towards him. He hugs her in attempt to help as much as he can. Jessica know that Yuri was involved in an accident but as her eyes set on a heavily burnt human body that had all these tubes and machines surrounding him, the dam broke and tears heavily drop on her beautiful face. She cups as she’s sobbing hard.

 

“Y-Yul..”

 

“The driver didn’t saw him because it was dark….He couldn’t control his car as he skid towards Yuri. The impact sent him out of the car. Yuri got caught in the fire. He…” Taeng can’t continue relaying the news. The Kwons are not holding up at all. It’s like watching a broken family. This news took every happiness in the family.

 

“…90% burnt. They said…”

 

Jessica cries even more as she try hard not to make any sound. Suddenly one of the machine making a loud long noises. It got everyone attention even the doctors that is currently treating the patient. His heartrate counts drop significantly. Staffs rushing into the ICU unit as they try stabilizing him again. Taeng felt like rushing in and wake Yuri up. They saw the doctors sedating him. There’s a nurse bag him and even another doctor working on him. They took out the defibrillator. Jessica closed her eyes as they used it on Yuri. Something is not right. She can’t watch this. She’s praying hard that Yuri will pull through.

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

And then there was none. The patient heart stop beating after the third zap. They tried prolonging the miracle but god seems to have another plan in hands. The doctor eyes glistening as he look up at the wall clock.

 

“Doc…”

 

“Time of death; 3.30 AM.”

 

Taeng drop on his knees as the doctor look at where they are and shaking his head.

 

“NO!” He punch the wall hard. He lost him. He lost his only brother. Mrs. Kwon hugging her husband as they in tears watching one of their son taken away from them. Jessica’s parents are in tears too as they were just starting to get to know Yuri better and this happens. Jessica weren’t just crying but she’s already wailing like crazy. She was just had a great night with Yuri and now he’s gone. She leans her forehead on the clear window. Her body shaking hard as she cries her eyes out.

 

“Yuri….no…no..”

 

That night, everyone can’t help but feeling sympathy towards the two families. It was a huge loss for them. Their happiness was taken away from them. Taeng lost not just a brother but also his bestfriend. His heart wrench in pain as he remembered his last memories with Yuri. They promised forever together; how could Yuri left him? But it wasn’t just Taeng’s heart got broken. Jessica’s heart shattered into pieces. Yuri was planning to take her out for camping in summer and she was looking forward to it. He’s the nicest and warmest people she had the fortunate to meet. Now…he’s gone. He take half of her heart with him. Jessica legs move from her position as she enters the room where a fully burnt body reside; dead. She clasped her hands on the unmoving fingers.

 

“Yul…please don’t leave..” Jessica drop on her knees as she cries on the body that is losing its warmth.

 

It was a goodbye that she never wanted. He left. Kwon Yuri is gone.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

...........................................................................

 

Please don't throw bricks at me. This is not the end.