Feelings

Twin Souls

It start as a friend. Well no definitely. They were just classmates and she took the liberty to be his friend instead. He really likes her. She’s something he never met. Well he never really had a friend before so it’s good to have her as a friend. But..

 

“What happens when a girl kiss you?”

 

Yuri can’t help it. He’s practically banging his head for days thinking about the date he had with Jessica. He felt so giddy and like flying on a cloud nine. Taeng grins as he purposely ruffling his baby brother hair. Yuri pouts and swatting Taeng’s hand away.

 

“I already comb my hair.” He run his fingers along the strand of his hair hoping he can save it before Taeng destroy it and he have to go to school looking like a mess. Taeng scoop a spoonful of his cereal.

 

“Well do you like her?”

 

Yuri happily nodded as he finishing his juice. Their parents aren’t yet home from outstation works. So they still living by themselves until next week. Taeyeon finished his cereal as he grabbing his backpack.

 

“You’re riding with me Kwon.”

 

“You’re funny. Your name start with Kwon too although mom insist of using Kim saying you look more like her than dad.” Yuri giggles as Taeng raised an eyebrow. Love is turning Yuri into a sappy mushy baby brother that he find it hard to accept right now. He loves him but not the mushy parts.

 

“Shut up Yul. Get your butts off and lets go. We’re going to be late.”

 

Yuri eyes widen as Taeng started walking off leaving Yuri scrambling around for his stuffs.

 

“Taeng! Wait!”

 

…..

 

“History. His story. A person citing an event that we’re not present at the time. It is his story. Hence the name.”

 

Yuri nodding like an obedient student he is. He’s average in studies but you can never take away his focus in class. Always believe in hard work. Jessica saw his expression and she can’t help but smiling. He’s cute looking like that. Why can’t everyone see this? Kwon Yuri is actually a decent guy. Minus the popular twin of his and his lack of maturity, he’s kind of sweet. Jessica poke him using the back of her pencil. Yuri gaze landed upon her and his confuse expression earning a grin from Jessica.

 

“What?”Yuri whispered afraid if Mr Lee might hear him. Jessica leans forward as she playfully tapping his nose.

 

“A minute of rest from staring at the white board can help your eyes Yul.”

 

“But Mr Lee is telling us something important Sica.”

 

“I know.”

 

Yuri apologetically look at her before turning back towards Mr Lee. Jessica shaking her head as she just like Yuri focus back on their teacher. It’s not wrong to gain his attention away for a while right? Jessica slowly exhale when a 2” by 2” note sliding towards her coming from Yuri. The boy on the other hand didn’t look at her. She reads it.

 

Sorry. I don’t want to miss out.

 

Jessica had a small smile on her face as she scrabbling next to it. She slide it back without taking her eyes off from Mr Lee.

 

You were so focus that I though distracting you for a while. I’m sorry too.

 

Yuri unconsciously smile. He wrote something before sliding it back at Jessica.

 

It’s okay. You’re okay?

 

I am. But Mr Lee jokes are boring. Is he always like this?

 

Erm sometimes? But I need to focus. I promise Taeng.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow as she saw Taeng’s name.

 

Taeng? Why?

 

If I don’t study hard then I can’t get to the same college as he is.

 

Of course Jessica Jung. Kwon Yuri and Kim Taeng can never be separated. How can she forgot that? She glanced towards Yuri and saw him smiling; the same smile everytime they talk about Taeng. She let her right palm resting on Yuri’s thigh earning a look from the tan guy.

 

“Then we should study together so that I can join you too.”

 

“You want to join us?” He asked since he felt liks his ears are playing trick on him. Jessica shyly nodding as Yuri grins grew wider. He is happy.

 

“Mr. Kwon. Ms. Jung. Do both of us have anything that you want to share with the whole class?”

 

Yuri blush as he quickly stood up and bow 90 degree towards Mr. Lee.

 

“N-Nothing sir! I’m sorry!”

 

He bows again as Mr. Lee exhale.

 

“Sit down Yuri.”

 

Yuri quickly sat down as Mr. Lee is practically looking at him.

 

“I’m happy that you found yourself a good friend now but stay focus in my class and Ms. Jung, I expect you do the same.”

 

“Of course sir.” Jessica answered as she pats Yuri back when Mr. Lee turn his back against them. She leans forward towards him.

 

“Hear that? He’s happy for us.”

 

Yuri face turn even red as Jessica is so near to him that he can feels her breath against his cheek.

 

“Y-Yeah. I-I’m happy too.”

 

Jessica didn’t answered as she leans back against her chair leaving a flustered Yuri trying to hide his blushing face so much. He might even dig a hole on the ground right now if he can get rid of this flustered feelings.

 

……

 

What are they really? A friend? Lovers? Friends with benefits? If they are then what does this kissing meant? It surely not friendly terms. More like intense and very intimate. Her weight on top of him is seriously not helping. He kept his hands just below her waist and dare not to move. Her front is pressing lightly on him. He can even feel her s right now. Yuri felt his lungs screaming for air. He tried pulling away but the girl didn’t notice it so he murmuring between kisses.

 

“T-Time out.”

 

Yuri finally manage to breath as Jessica just smile at his cute reactions. He is something. Their faces are way too close and she can even see his tinge of redness on his cheek. Jessica have no intention of getting of his lap since he didn’t move his hands on her waist. Yuri is clearly out of breath.

 

“I-I like that.” He blush even more when he said that. He just wanted her to know that he really like it without sounding like a ert. Jessica let her fingers playing around with Yuri’s collar as they are staring at each other. A genuine smile can be seen on Yuri’s face.

 

“Yul, can you promise me something?”

 

Yuri slightly nodding as he waited for her to continue.

 

“Promise me that no matter what happen, you will not keep anything secret from me.”

 

“I won’t.”

 

“Promise?”

 

Yuri nodding his head in a quick manner earning another giggles from Jessica. She peck his lips. Each time she did that, Yuri face got even red than before.

 

“But Sica, I never lie before. Taeng said I shouldn’t lie.”

 

“What else did he said?”

 

“He also said that I should always listen to you.”

 

“Well…” Jessica let her index finger trailing down Yuri’s side face towards his neck before stopping at his chest.

 

“… I think he’s right. Don’t keep anything from me.”

 

Yuri felt sweats forming on his forehead. Thankfully and luckily that they are at his favourite place, the outdoor field where spectators always at whenever the football team is playing.

 

“Erm, Sica? Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

“What are we? I really like you but I don’t know if you like me or not.” That solemn expression tugging Jessica’s heart as his words sink in. Can’t he see that she share the same feelings as he? Taeng was right, Yuri is so innocent. But that is why she likes him too. He’s not the same like the rest she dated before.

 

“What do you think?”

 

Yuri puckered his bottom lips as he thought of what his answer would be. It took Jessica all the strength she needed not to burst out laughing with this guy in front of her.

 

“I really want you to like me but..”

 

“But?”

 

Yuri didn’t know if he should be telling Jessica this or not. But his parents always telling him that honesty is the best manner.

 

“No girls like me before because its…me. I’m not like the rest of the guys in our school. I’m not like..Taeng. He’s perfect unlike me.”

 

Yuri avoid looking into Jessica’s eyes as he look away. Jessica sense his insecurities. It must had been hard for him to admit something like that. Guys don’t do that. Well mostly she known. She gently lift his chin up as they exchange stares between them.

 

“He is perfect but not for me. Would I be kissing you if I want him instead?”

 

“So you like me?”

 

Jessica lips tugging into a naughty grin as she leans forward.

 

“I really really like you Yul.”

 

A sheepish smile from him and that is enough for Jessica to melt into a puddle of mush. She pinch both his cheek earning a whining from the tan guy.

 

“Sica~~~”

 

She finally let go as she’s laughing her heart out. He is fun to tease too and that is his new side that she likes. Yuri pouts but then an idea struck him hard. Without Jessica notice, he grins and quickly stood up. Jessica yelped in surprise as she almost falls backwards but he held her in his arms and jumping down on the open field.

 

“Kwon Yuri!” Jessica is screaming hard as Yuri spin his body. She hugging his neck as he fasten his movement. It almost threw her down on the ground but Yuri knew what he was doing. He won’t let her fall. Jessica clinging on him as she’s slowly starting to enjoy it. Yuri keep on spinning around before he let his body falls down. He was breathing hard as Jessica head on his chest and his arms wrapping around her waist.

 

“That was fun!” She smile as he happily screaming. She placed her palm on his chest as she look up. Yuri quickly lean forward as he briefly kiss her lips. Jessica was a bit surprise considering he never initiate any intimate gesture before. Not that she knew off.

 

“Did you just kiss me first?”

 

Yuri blush hard once again. He was caught in a moment and didn’t realize it. But he likes her reaction towards it. It means a lot to him. Jessica grins as she pecks his lips once again before moving away from him and stood up. She held her right hand out towards him.

 

“We should get back to class. It’s gym class.”

 

Yuri almost forgot. He can’t miss out another gym class. He quickly take Jessica’s hand as he stood up. Jessica helps him cleaning his back shirt from dirt. She playfully smudge some of it on his face as she runs away. Yuri eyes widen as he wipes his cheek.

 

“Stop cheating Sica!”

 

“I did not! Catch me if you can!”

 

Yuri take in air into his mouth as he chasing after Jessica who had already leaving him behind. She’s fast and it’s going to take Yuri all the stamina he can gather to catch up with her. Hopefully.

 

……

 

“Okay! Gather up everyone!” Coach Ok shouts as he’s garnering attention from all his students. While the rest of subject only be thought with a single class per session, gym class is a bit different. Two classes will be combine. It’s fun they said. More like chaotic instead. Yuri waited for everyone to change their cloth before he head into the boys locker room. He never really feel confidence about his body. So he tried to avoid getting in front of others. Yuri pull out his white shirt as he change his cloth and folding his school uniform before locking back his locker. He then quickly make his way out and just in time when Coach Ok was screaming for students to gather around him. He saw Jessica and smile when she winks at him.

 

“Today we’re not going to do anything. I want everyone to sit down and watch the basketball team in training.”

 

A loud no and yes can be heard coming from both classes. The girls like it since all they want is to not sweat themselves while catch a glimpse of the super popular and talented basketball team members. While the boys hate it simply because they can’t play anything for another 2 hours. Coach Ok gave a stern look at the boys and they reluctantly take a seat. But amongst all boys, one particular boy is happy because he gets to see his twin in training. Yuri find it a hobby to watch Taeng in action. He looks so cool when he play the game. Jessica saw Yuri’s fanboy expression. She wanted to go by his side but Yuri solely asked her not to. He wants her to stay by her other friends in class instead. The team started their drilling session with Taeng standing near the sideline watching his teammates getting the job done. He was well inform by coach that Yuri’s class will be here to watch the team so he looked up and wave at Yuri who waving back in enthusiast. Some of the girls on the bench a few level below Yuri’s though Taeng was waving at them so they kind of screaming and waving back. Jessica chuckled as she saw the girls reaction who happen to be oblivious about Taeng attention is on Yuri instead.

 

“Why would Taeng ever want to be associate with that nerd anyway?” One of the guys in front of Jessica said as he saw whom Taeng attention is on. She frowns when his friends answered back in a ver rude manner.

 

“Because that twin of his is a little that is why.” His friends were laughing hard as Jessica bite the inside of her cheeks. She was ready to blow up when a ball came flying towards the two guys and hit one of them hard on the face. Jessica eyes wandered towards Taeng who scratching the back of his head and screaming apologetically.

 

“Sorry! I threw it out of control. You’re okay?!”

 

If it was another guy, they would have jumped down the bench and take on Taeng but they know they can’t. Not with Taeng. Who would want to ruin their school years by declaring nemesis with Taeng? No way.  They forced a smile and give him a thumbs up. Taeng just grins as he catch the ball that threw back at him. Jessica caught him looking at Yuri before focusing back on his training.

 

“Did he knew?”

 

“Did you said something J?”

 

“Huh? No nothing.”

 

“Okay. I guess. Taeng always do that before.”

 

Jessica was a bit surprise to hear Sunny talking about Taeng. This friends of her don’t pay any attention towards anyone else. She likely to stay away from other people business.

 

“What do you mean Sunny?”

 

“That jock surely knew some students…” Sunny sighed when Jessica raised both her eyebrows.

 

“Fine. Most students don’t like Yuri after what happen before. So in training, when he saw other boys giving that evil look at Yuri, he would do what he did just now.”

 

Sunny finish her sentences as Jessica glancing towards Yuri who obviously didn’t realize what Taeng just did. He just sit there and smiling like he usually do.

 

“If you ask me, I personally envy those two. I like their siblings love. It is hard to find nowadays.”

 

“It is. They are lucky to have each other.”

 

…..

 

Yuri glancing everywhere and once he’s satisfied that he’s alone in the locker room, he unlock his locker and take put his uniform. He pull up his shirt and was about to wear his uniform when someone snatching his shirt away. He’s afraid if it was another bully but a wide grin plastered on his face as he saw Taeng holding onto his shirt as he sat down on one of the benches.

 

“You actually do look good without a shirt on Yul.”

 

“Yah don’t say it like that. People might misunderstood.”

 

Taeng laughing hard as Yuri snatch his shirt back from Taeng and wear it.

 

“You’re afraid that people are going to call me gay?”

 

“No…”

 

“Then what’s wrong being nice to my own brother?”

 

“I don’t want people to call you that. I just don’t.” His sincere words hut Taeng hard. Everyone keep on saying how Yuri is lucky to have him around but actually he is lucky to have Yuri around. There were never once Yuri stop supporting him in everything he do. This kids can bring tears to him. Taeng stood up and smack Yuri on the back earning a painful groaning from the latter.

 

“See you after school okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

……

 

 

“Thank you.” Taeng said as he look far into the scenery. If Yuri has his own hang out place, so do Taeng. Reality sometimes get the best out of him along with the unnecessary pressure. He occasionally needed time for himself so one day, he go for a run around the hill top not too far from home and discover this place. So each time he’s frustrated with reality, he’ll come here to clear his mind. It works actually.

 

“For what?” It was Jessica turn to ask.

 

“For making Yuri happy.” Jessica slightly glancing towards Taeng before picking up a stone and threw it down the hill.

 

“It wasn’t hard to make him happy.”

 

“I know but he’s all smiling nowadays. Even mom and dad are happy for him. All thanks to you. I thought you never agree to help me out.”

 

“I didn’t do it for him or for you. I agree to help out because I want too. Plus I really like him. When you came to me, I thought you’re the bad twin who’s going to ask me not getting close with Yuri. But you did surprise me when you came up with that proposal. Just so you know, I did it because I want to.”

 

Taeng laugh as he let his body fall backwards. He slip his hands behind his back as he’s staring into the night sky. Jessica just watch the famous jock in the school with smile on his face.

 

“I know. Don’t worry. Yul told me that you want to go hiking next week. You do know he’s afraid of heights right?”

 

“I’m aware of that. I already have that covered and he’s coming with me. You can come too if you want. He’ll be happy to have you around.”

 

“I’ll think about it. It is tempting to see my baby brother pale face as he looks down.”

 

Jessica playfully nudged his side ribs earning a slight hiss from him. He rubs the spot that hurts.

 

“What?”

 

“Stop trying to plan mean things when you know you can never do it.”

 

Taeng shrugged it off.

 

“That is why I plan it. Never ever consider to do as plan. No worries.”

 

“You better be. Don’t turn my hiking date into a chaos. I need Yuri to be able to reach the top.”

 

“Whatever you say princess.”

 

Jessica eyebrows raise as a reaction. She totally turning around facing Taeng.

 

“Do you call all girls you’re flirting with as princess?”

 

“I only call girls that flirting with my twin as princess.”

 

Taeng childish answers earning a laughter from the blonde. She likes hanging around with Taeng too. He’s cool but different from Yuri.

 

“You didn’t tell Yuri that you’re meeting me right?”

 

“I tell Yuri I’m meeting a friend. I don’t lie.”

 

“You actually lying.”

 

“Well you are my friend and technically he didn’t ask whom so I did nothing wrong.”

 

Taeng can only shake his head. Jessica Jung always has a comeback for everything.

 

“Whatever Jung.”

 

His sarcastic tone didn’t go unnoticed by Jessica. She leans forward and slap Taeng’s forehead as hard as she could. Taeng groans as his palm automatically covering his forehead.

 

“Did I just let my baby brother dating a crazy girl?”

 

“Ow, shut up.” Another slap from Jessica. Taeng shield her attacks using his hands. When he got the opportunity to stop her, he hold her and mistakenly brought he down. He was slightly hovering on top of her. Jessica had her palms on his chest creating the distance between them. Taeng don’t know about the girl but he can feel his heart pounding hard. It feels like his ribcage is bursting open.

 

“Sica..I..”

 

Jessica push him away as she stood up and take a step back. Taeng is laying down with his back as he saw the restless expression on Jessica’s face.

 

“Send me home now.”

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry.. I don’t..”

 

Jessica shook her head as she wanted him to stop talking.

 

“It was an accident Taeng. I understand it just it feels like I’m betraying Yuri. Send me home now, please?”

 

Taeng push himself up as quickly as he can. Jessica walk down first as he following from behind. He let his palm resting on his pounding chest.

 

‘Stop it! She’s not yours.’

 

His eyes settling on the figure walking in front of him.

 

‘She can’t be yours.’