We Meet Again

Twin Souls

I asked for 25 upvotes but I get 30. Wow. Amazing! As ppromised. Enjoy.

 

“Yes dad. I know. Don’t worry. Sej already told me about it.” Yuri signalling for his secretary to come in while he’s still on phone with his father. She quickly comes in with her planner book. Yuri gesturing for her to sit down as he focus back with his conversation with his dad.

 

“I’ll them know as soon as possible. Okay. Bye dad.” Yuri ended the call as he put his phone back on the desk. His secretary already holding a pen waiting for further instruction. He grins.

 

“Always ready for anything huh Sunny?”

 

“You know me Yul. Plus it is hard keeping up with your nonsense schedule. Learn to pace yourself or you’ll ended up in the hospital.” She warns him as the tan guy just grins like an idiot. She had known him since college days and his workaholic attitude sometimes can get a bit worrisome.

 

“Hey, you’re the only one I trust when it comes to…everything.” He emphasize as Sunny just rolls her eyes and scribbling down her planner.

 

“Call Andrew and set me an appointment with him. I’m going to make him regret cancelling on us.”

 

“Feisty. What did he do?” Sunny enquire as she keep on writing. Yuri smirks.

 

“He offered contract to our artists. He’s messing the wrong person. I’m going to teach him not to be rude.”

 

Sunny could only giggles as she nodding her head. Yuri is pretty much a very considerate person and if he’s trying to mess things up with you, it means you did something wrong and pissing him off.

 

“Anything else?”

 

Yuri glanced at his computer screen and turn the screen facing Sunny. Sunny slightly leans forward.

 

“I saw her on Youtube. I want you to get her on our team. She’s talented. She’ll be big.”

 

“Sejoung was right when he said you had a spot for Youtubers singer. This is like your 6th picks. I sense she’s talented?”

 

“She is. I saw her performance last night at Club Meed. Why wasting time? I heard Universal Music is scouting her.”

 

Yuri explain as he turns the screen back facing him. Sunny couldn’t help but agree; why take risk? Just get the girl to sign an official contract and just watch as she’s bringing money into the company’s back account. Yuri had that alter ego kind of look. Sunny snorted.

 

“You’re actually enjoying this compliments around you about you being the talent spotter?”

 

“I’ll get anything I can bring into the company. In business, you have to take every single opportunity that comes at you. Watch and learn Lee Sunkyu.”

 

“No thanks. This industry is too brutal for me.” Sunny close her planner and push her chair away. She flash Yuri her middle finger before leaving her boss’s office with Yuri just laughing at her action. The banter between them is always mean and everything but both of them take it as best friends banter only. Their friendship relationships are weird. They’ll laugh at each other if one of them fall face first before helping. But they’ll never leave one another when in troubles.

 

…..

 

“Hi. How are you doing?” Jessica asked a patient that came in ER for a knife on the knee. It was weird considering he said he was cooking. How can someone stab his own knee while cutting vegetables? The guy look so forlorn that Jessica can’t be teasing him anymore.

 

“My knee is still hurting doc. Are you sure I don’t need surgery?”

 

Jessica write a note on the clipboard for nurses later on when he’s stable enough to be transferred into a ward.

 

“The wound is not that deep. A few stitches and you’re good to go. I’m only keeping you in ward for a day just to monitor your blood sugar. Not on a diet?”

 

The guy scratch the side of his head as Jessica put away the clipboard and stand in front of the patient. She slip her hands inside her green uniform front pockets.

 

“It’s that bad?”

 

“Your last reading 30 minutes ago is 10. You’re only 26. Watch your sugar level. I heard you’re playing hockey right?”

 

He nods. Jessica shaking her head as her prediction was true.

 

“Tell your teammates about your condition and if you have a sport nutritionist, I think he should be inform too so that he can create a good food planner for you. If you’re still stubborn, don’t blame me when you come here again at the age of 28 ready to get your leg cut off. I’m serious.”

 

Jessica warned him. She’s serious about his condition and getting engaged to an athlete make her more aware of athletes’ life and diets. This guys is keeping his health condition a secret and it’s going to turn out bad for him.

 

“They’re going to kick me out of team and off contract if I tell.” He sounded genuinely worried and it is understandable. But Jessica had it all figured out.

 

“Not if you get a hospital reference. I’m putting you in this hospital monthly appointment diagnosis list. Just follow the program and you’ll be fine.” The guy’s eyes widen as he couldn’t believe what Jessica just did.

 

“How did you know…”

 

“I’m fully aware about your issues. I’m well inform Mr. Seth. Having a better diet planner is not going to stop you from playing. But that…” Jessica pointed towards his wounded knee.

 

“..will probably take 2 weeks of healing. So no games until then.”

 

The guy slowly nodding his head as Jessica slightly tilt down her chin out of respect. She left Room 1 without even saying goodbye as she make ways towards the front desk. There’s a lot of boards stacking against each other indicating how busy the day is for her. She snatch the one at the bottom and flipping it open.

 

“Busy day Jung?” Jessica almost rolls her eyes back as that voice reaching her hearing range. He can’t keep on going without disturbing her even once huh? Jessica force a smile at David before reading the clipboard again.

 

“Haven’t you heard? I’m on the top list for chief resident. How awesome is that?”

 

“Good for you David.” Jessica nonchalantly said as she left the front desk. David pestering attitude didn’t stop at that as he quickly following her. She silently groaning.

 

“You should just pull out Jung. Just focus on getting better at treating people.” Jessica bite the inside of her cheek preventing her from cursing right at his face.

 

“I’m a better candidate. Tell them you’re pulling out. Why wasting our time?” Okay. That’s it. Why does David assume she wanted to be a part of this politics stuffs? She stop on her trance and tap David on the shoulder with the clipboard.

 

“I said it before; I’m not interested with whatever this is. I’m here to do my job and that is it. You can have the damn job David. I don’t care.” Jessica huff as she started walking again.

 

“Good! Let me the expert take the top spot!” David said out loud earning a lot of eyes on the two doctors. Jessica flail both her hands up dismissing David and his alter ego. He just ruined her day about a freaking promotion.

 

“ you David.”

 

…..

 

“You can’t do this Kwon!” Edgar came in a rush with Sunny trailing from behind trying to stop him. Yuri lips forming an evil twisted smile as he signaling okay towards Sunny. Sunny stop chasing after Andrew. The said guy slam a paper on Yuri’s desk. Yuri calmly unfolding it and saw what pissing off Andrew.

 

“Ah this. Well, who told you to backstabbing me?”

 

“ Kwon! They were my artists before you! I found them!”

 

Yuri sigh as he grabbing his leather jacket and snatch his car keys. Andrew felt like a stupid moron when Yuri left him and walk out of his own office. He followed from behind and as he grab Yuri on the shoulder. Yuri jerk his hand off his shoulder and point his index finger on Andrew’s face. The tip of his finger is so close to his nose.

 

“You found them? I did. I took them in when you ing destroy their dreams!” Andrew didn’t back off as he slap Yuri’s hand away. He can’t back away now.

 

“I’m going to sue you and your family!”

 

Yuri suddenly laughing so loud. The commotion between them is already gaining all the staffs attention and with Yuri laughing so hard like this, even Sejoung might heard him upstairs.

 

“Sue me? Wow. Where did you learn about law? Hadn’t you read the contract? What you did yesterday violated one of the clause and I have spoken to my lawyer. I can actually bring you down with that clause. So if you want to stay having money until the end of your life, I suggest you off. Our deal is no more. Guards!”

 

The two guards from downstairs who were called up by Sunny immediately get to Yuri’s side.

 

“Make sure you get this trash of a friend of mine out of my building. I don’t want to see his face when I’m back.”

 

Yuri straightening his jacket and take out his Oakley and wears it. He move towards the elevator that is already open for him. He gets in. But before he left, his gaze landed on Andrew.

 

“Our friendship is over. Goodbye Andrew.”

 

…..

 

“I love you, Yuri.”

 

Yuri pried his eyes open. He fall asleep in the park. He pulls out his phone; 8.30 PM. He has been sleeping there for 3 hours. Yuri groans as he push his body up and sat properly on the bench. He leans back as the view around him became clear. It’s dark but thankfully, there’s a light just next to where he is. He rubs his eyes and checking on his phone once again.

 

13 Missed calls. All from Sejoung. Yuri grins as he forgot how his brother freaking out everytime he’s comes home late. Not that he mind over Sejoung overly reacting. Yuri decided he should texting Sejoung so that he can stop waiting. Sejoung worried over him more than his dad ever did. Dad said he’s old enough to make his decision but Sejoung always had this disapproval look. Sometimes it raise a question. Yuri just didn’t dare to ask.

 

Still at office. Be back soon. Stop worrying. You’re turning old if you keep worrying about me.

 

He chuckled over his own replies.

 

“1…2…” A beep echoed. Yuri grins.

 

“I knew it.” He read his brother reply.

 

I’m making sure no one kidnapping you. I can’t afford a ransom.

 

Really? You have all the money bro.

 

Not good enough to be spending on getting you back tbh. Don’t be too long.

 

Yuri did a salute as if Sejoung is there with him. He put away his phone and let his gaze fall upon the manmade lake in front of him. He was told by his brother that when he was young, he would come here and play. He didn’t recall any of that memory but maybe he is. He likes the silence surround the area. It helps him calm down. Let him gather his thoughts over his life. Ever since he came back from a coma, there’s this blank memories in his head. It’s like a magazine over a certain months that had no stories inside. On his case, the months are years. 17 to be exact. He had no memories of what his teenage year look like. Of course, there are year-end books and class photos but that was it. His dad said he gone to school in Seoul and after his accident, they came here instead. That’s why his friend couldn’t come and visit him. He once had an intention of going back to Seoul and finding back his childhood memories but time wasn’t so helping. He was stuck with a lot of things here that he eventually forgot all about his mission. By the time he reach 23, he’s busy helping his father with the company.

 

“I really want to see my friends.”

 

Yuri mumbling as he take out a class photo of him with almost thirty other students. This is the only photo he had of his friends as Sejoung told him. He was standing on the far corner while everyone else were looking happily towards the camera. He looks so shy. Next to him is a girl who he swore that she had the happiest smile on her face. She’s blonde too. But he couldn’t recalled her name. Only the lower part of her face can be seen. The rest is blurry.

 

“Maybe they had forgotten about me.” His finger tracing over every faces that is blurry. Yuri sighing again as he flips the picture. Behind the picture, there’s 2 initial written on it.

 

J.J

 

“I can’t still make out what J.J means. It’s a name? A place?”

 

He groan loudly frustrated over his memory loss. If only he didn’t involve in that freaking accident, he would probably still remember what this picture is. But fate had twisted his world around. But he’s thankful for still having his family with him. They are all he have now. Yuri folded the picture once again and slip it inside his jacket pocket. As he was relaxing his back on the bench, he heard a loud bang coming from the road side. He turn his head towards the noises and saw a car stopping and a driver coming out. There on the ground, lay a body probably run down by the car. Yuri got up hoping to help the guy but what surprise him is the guy get back in his car and drive away leaving the poor victim laying on the ground. Yuri run as fast as he can but when he reach there, the car had gone. Yuri wanted to chase after it but as his eyes landed on the body, he gasped. There’s a lot of blood and he literally having less time. He pulls out his phone and dial the emergency number. He won’t let a kid suffer the way he did when he was 17. Not like this.

 

…..

 

Jessica rubbing her sore eyes as she sign the last report. Her shift ended an hour ago but because of Friday night, she had the worst day of her life. Apparently on Friday, a lot of people drinks and they are more likely are too drunk to drive but still driving and run into other people. So the ER room is pack with people getting run down by irresponsible driver. She hopes this is the last patient for tonight and she can finally feel at ease to leave the room and have a good night rest. Her phone ringing. No matter how tired she is, as soon as she saw the name pop up on her screen she can feel alive again.

 

“Hey fiancée. Why are you not yet back?”

 

Jessica smile as Taeng voice sounded worried despite there’s nothing to be worried of.

 

“I’m almost done. It’s Friday. You know how crazy Friday is. I’ll be back in 30 minutes.”

 

“Do you want me to go and pick you up?” From the sound of his voice, she can sense that he also just back from training.

 

“No. Stay home and maybe cook us some food.”

 

“Ey, my lazy girlfriend is getting lazy again.”

 

Jessica laughing at his remarks. She put away the final clipboard.

 

“Okay, I’m ready to go home. See you.”

 

“See you.” Taeng ended the call. Jessica stretching her tired arms and cranking her neck side to side. Just thinking about her hot bath and cozy bed are making her super excited already. One nurses saw her and run towards where Jessica is.

 

“Dr. Jung! Thank god you’re still here! We have a case coming. A 13 years old girl was run over by a car. Other ERs are full. They are sending her here.”

 

Jessica walk with the nurses to the front door.

 

“Where’s David? He should be handling this.”

 

“Dr. Kid had gone home. The midnight shift doctors hadn’t yet punch in.”

 

Jessica huffing in displease. David is supposed to be staying until the midnight shift doctors come. How dare he go home early?

 

“ you David.”

 

“Dr. Jung?” The nurses waiting for orders. Jessica put her stethoscope around her neck.

 

“Clear Room 3 for me and call the pediatrics upstairs to get ready for surgery!”

 

“Yes doc!” 

 

Jessica didn’t wait as the ambulance came and abruptly stopping in front of the ER front door. Jessica is ready to receive her patient as the paramedic opening the back door and push the gurney down. Jessica quickly grabbing on the report from one of the paramedic as they pushing the gurney inside. She noticed there is an extra hand helping but she was too busy to look at him. Maybe he’s the one that run over the girl.

 

“What’s her stat?!” She called upon the paramedics’ attention as they’re moving towards room 3. With the extra guy helping, paramedics can actually give out the report.

 

“Bp 110/50! Pulse 120! Bleeding on forehead, swelling on neck and legs. She woke up in the middle of the way here but instantly fainted once again!”

 

Jessica eyes darted towards her nurse.

 

“Get her a blood type check and get the surgery ready. Once we stabilize her, she’s going up.”

 

Amidst all the commotion, they are all still helping pushing the gurney into Room 3. One nurse that just came stop the guy that was helping from entering the room.

 

“Sir, please stay here. You can’t go in.”

 

The guy did as the nurse said and stop himself from following the medical team. There’s blood on his shirt and hands but he’s worried about the girl. The same nurse urgently asking him to leave the area and waiting in the waiting hall. His fingers ball up into a fist.

 

“Please, save her!” The guy scream before he was ushered away from the restricted area. His scream echoed along the narrow path until it reach Jessica hearing. She stop on the track as her body froze on spot. That voice. It was a long time ago since she heard it. Just like in a slow motion, she turns around but no one was there. No one was standing there anymore.

 

“Y-Yuri?”

 

Can we get more upvotes? 40? lol