For Him

Twin Souls

Have fun with him.

 

…..

 

Yuri is standing in front of his mirror looking at his own reflection. For an hour, this has been his routine. He’s trying every shirt he has in his wardrobe and nothing seems decent enough. He has a date with Jessica and he had nothing to wear. Yuri pouts as he took off the black shirt as he’s wearing another shirt. It’s white. Yuri felt like white doesn’t suit him too.

 

“What should I wear?” He mumbling to himself and throw that shirt away as he keep on searching in his wardrobe for anything decent enough. But unknown to him, Taeng has been watching his every move from behind the slightly open door. He was holding his laugh since earlier. It’s really unusual for Yuri behaving like this. He’s restless and it is intriguing Taeng’s attention. When Yuri tossing another shirt on his bed, Taeng knows he had to interrupt his baby brother.

 

“Hey.”

 

Taeng walking in and keep his straight face, hands tucking in his jeans as he pretends not noticing the mess that Yuri just created in his own room. Yuri blush as Taeng had caught him red-handed. Taeng picking up a white shirt and raised both his eyebrows as he held out the white shirt towards Yuri.

 

“What are you doing Yul?”

 

Yuri quickly snatching that shirt away from Taeng as he’s trying his best to gather all the scattered shirt on his bed and floor.

 

“Nothing! I’m not doing anything!” Yuri knew his nervous tobe just gave him away. Taeng shaking his head as he sit down on his brother bed. Taeng snickered not believing Yuri excuse.

 

“You just practically digging through your wardrobe for a shirt. I wonder why?”

 

Yuri blushing even more. He’s red as tomato and Taeng find it amusing.

 

“Wear that white shirt instead and..” Taeng look around and his eyes find a red chequered button up just next to him. He grins like a kid and threw it at Yuri who almost dropping it but he didn’t.

 

“…that too. You’ll be fine.”

 

Yuri did as was told by Taeng and look at himself in the mirror. Taeng stood up and stand in front of Yuri as he swing his hand on Yuri’s hair. Once done, he steps away.

 

“Now you look decent enough. Happy?”

 

Yuri saw what Taeng meant and he smile for the first time today. He eagerly nodding as he keep his eyes on his own reflection. Taeng did enough to help him out and he is happy with it.

 

“Yul! Someone is here to see you!” both boys were looking at each other after their mom calling Yuri from downstairs informing them that Jessica is here. Yuri obviously happy as his smile grew wider reaching both his ears. He quickly grabbing onto his wallet and phone as he dashing down the staircase leaving Taeng shaking his head watching his twin getting way too excited.

 

….

 

Jessica felt slightly uncomfortable as she’s sipping her tea and Mrs. Kwon watching her with so much passionate just across the room. It’s making her nervous. She put down her cup and awkwardly cleared .

 

“Don’t you want to call Yuri, Mrs. Kwon?”

 

Taehee just smile as she keep on looking at Jessica and it somehow it dawn on Jessica that she might be sitting here for a very long time.

 

“How long have you been knowing Yuri, Ms. Jung?”

 

Jessica would have mistaken that question as offensive if it wasn’t because of the curious but happy tone of Taehee.

 

“Since the start of school? We’re classmates and I just move here in the area. Yuri is nice enough to be my friend.”

 

“Yuri is nice enough to be your friend? Ms. Jung..”

 

“Jessica. It feels weird with the formality.”

 

“I’m sorry Jessica. It feels surreal that our Yuri has a friend in school. He’s a good boy but everyone seems trying not to be friend him. He only got Taeng and now he has you too and you have no idea how happy I am to see you here.”

 

Jessica suspicion over Yuri behaviour in school seems to be in knowledge of his family. That’s why Taeng seems to be protective over Yuri.

 

“Mrs. Kwon, Yuri has been nothing but nice to me. That’s why we’re going out today. If only you let us.”

 

“Of course!” Taehee got a little too excited when she said that almost making Jessica jumping away in surprise. Thank god she was ready.

 

“Yul! Someone is here to see you!”

 

Jessica awkwardly smile and hoping Yuri would come down soon and they can get going. A loud noises coming from the staircase and she chuckles as she saw Yuri skipping a few steps and jump down almost hitting his forehead on the floor. He barely balancing himself and his face turns red the moment he felt two pair of eyes watching him; one with a happy smile and another with an amusing grin. He mentally chiding himself. Yuri stood up straight and hands behind his back as Jessica standing up. Taehee noves towards Yuri and push the poor giy towards Jessica direction.

 

“Now now kids. Go out and have a great date okay?”

 

Jessica felt her cheek becoming hot as she was tease by Taehee but Yuri is dark red and he might explode if his mother keep on teasing him. So she held his hand and bid Taehee goodbye as she lead him out of the house. Taehee is like a proud mother watching his son with a girl.

 

“Enjoy your date!” Taehee can’t contain her joy. Oh, she almost forgot.

 

“Yul! Safe okay!”

 

Yuri eyes widen as he gets into Jessica car.

 

“Mom!”

 

…..

 

“You have an interesting mom.”

 

They were driving into the city and this is their first conversation. Yuri timidly nodding as he is still felt shy especially after what his mother just said.

 

“Mom always do that. It scares people away from me.” He unconsciously puckered his bottom lip. Jessica saw it from the tail of her eyes and she has to admit this guy is cute and innocent too.

 

“Well she didn’t scare me away.”

 

Yuri eyes twinkle as he is smiling again.

 

“Because you’re a good person. Mom and dad always told me to find a good person to be friend with.”

 

“You think I’m good?”

 

“You are.”

 

“Thank you. Before you becoming shy again Yul, where should we head to? I need a direction.”

 

Yuri mentally chiding himself. He forgot. He was suppose to be the tour guide and not Jessica.

 

“Do you want to go to the Lotte World? I’ve been there with Taeng when we were kids. Umm.. it’s fun there. There’s a ride and a pirate ship…and..” Kwon Yuri is nervous and Jessica obviously notice it. She pats him on the thigh of course in a friendly manner. Yuri red face is back and she can’t help grinning so much witnessing it. He’s soooo cute.

 

…..

 

Yuri gulp down his saliva as his eyes following the fast roller coaster that go up and down along the track. It doesn’t look safe at all. Did he really once rode this things with Taeng before? How come it is so scary now? He rub his sweaty palm. He’s nervous and it didn’t help as he saw Jessica happy face when the roller coaster pass by.

 

“I’m in a mood for that.” Yuri is trying so hard to keep himself from fainting. Jessica slip her arm around Yuri’s and hugging it while looking up at him.

 

“Roller coaster is okay with you, Yul?”

 

Hell would he say no.

 

“Y-Yeah. Roller coaster is okay. L-Lets go?”

 

Of course Kwon Yuri. Who are you lying to? You’re afraid of heights and this is a good example that you might puke in the end of the track and embarrassing yourself. But then it’s for Jessica. Maybe it is what he wanted in the end.

 

“Okay. Lets get into a line.” Jessica secretly smile as she saw the determination on Yuri’s face. Yuri heaved slowly as they got into line. Of all days, the queue wasn’t so long today and he predict that in 10 minutes, they’re going to get a seat in no time.

 

“Two more person!”

 

Yuri force his eyes close as his prediction was right. Jessica giggles as she is still hugging his arm and pulling him with her towards the empty seat on the front whom everybody avoiding to sit down. Yuri let Jessica sit down first before he sat next to her and lower down the safety bar. This doesn’t feel safe at all.

 

“You’re nervous Yul?”

 

“Huh? N..No.”

 

He is and she can see through his lies. Kwon Yuri. Taeng was right. She’ll do anything to help him. Anything. Jessica turn his face towards her as she’s cupping his adorable cute nervous face.

 

“Breath Yuri. I’m here with you. We’re going to have fun.”

 

“What if…the track..you know..b-break?”

 

He’s panicking and although she’s here but he can’t help it. Maybe scaring her can help them stop from riding this thing. But Jessica is not taking the bite as she’s looking forward to this. It is scary but it is also fun.

 

“Okay! Have fun! See you at the end of the ride!” As soon as the caretaker said that the ride started. Yuri gripping hard on the bars but his body loosen up and his tense muscle calm down when he felt Jessica hand on top of his while at the same time smiling back at him. He sworn he felt this ride will be the one ride he will never forget. Not in a million years.

 

…..

 

“That was so fun!” Yuri is jumping like a happy kid he is while Jessica just giggling as she watching him jumping around her. He did enjoy that adding up as he is screaming his lungs out and Jessica laughing at his reaction and to top it off, she held his hand until the end of the ride. That is the reason why he is so happy.

 

“Okay, you can stop jumping. Yul, I’m hungry.” Jessica purposely puckered her lips towards him succeeding stopping him from jumping around. Yuri stood straight and salute.

 

“Private Yuri on service ma’am! What do you need?”

 

She playfully slapping his arm as he had this loop sided grin plastered on his face.

 

“As your officer in charge, I want you to bring me to get something to eat.” Jessica rubbing her flat tummy as she continued. Yuri looking around and spotted a hawkers stall that sell some snacks that she might like. He smile and turn his back against her. Jessica raised an eyebrow.

 

“What are you doing?” Yuri lowered himself a little.

 

“As my officer in command, I want you to get on my back so I can bring us there and get you some food. If only..you want to.”

 

He just realize that he’s on his knee with his back facing her and with people staring at him. It would be so embarassing if Jessica refuse. The thought of it making his heart drop. Yuri was about to stand when he felt Jessica on his back and her chin on the dip of his shoulder next to his head.

 

“I’m going to get even heavy if you don’t move now.”

 

A genuine smile on his face and that is what Jessica wanted to see. She rarely saw that in school since he always forcing himself to hide or awkwardly smiling. This is the Yuri that she should be seeing in school instead.

 

“I like your smile Yuri.”

 

And he started blushing again. Typical him.

 

…..

 

Lotte World was nice and she like all the rides there but this, it tops everything. She had no idea that he knows a place like this. He doesn’t go out that much so it is a surprise. The view here is so nice and calming. Yuri is sitting next to her and with his button up shirt below them. He looks nice with that white shirt.

 

“How did you know this place?” Yuri didn’t glance at Jessica as he looks far into the scenery.

 

“I come here when I’m upset.”

 

“And why are you upset?” This is it. Her opportunity to ask. Yuri sighing as he’s hugging his knee.

 

“People make me upset.”

 

“Who make you upset?”

 

Jessica leaning towards him but not too close afraid he’ll distance himself.

 

“The guy in school. They hate me. But.. luckily I have Taeng. He’s always there for me.” The way Yuri adore Taeng melting her heart. His is way too innocent to be treated this poorly.

 

“I didn’t mean to touch her. I just want to save her. They told everyone in school about it. My friends started hating me and distance themselves. Taeng didn’t know about this because they warn me not to tell anyone. I just want to finish school. I just want things to be better again.” Tears rolling down his cheek as he stop talking. He wipe it away using the back of his hands. It breaks Jessica’s heart to know the truth. So the rumour everyone is telling her was true. She didn’t believe it and thankfully she still didn’t.

 

“You can hate me too. I’m used to it.”

 

The same words but the way he said it that tugging deep inside of her. Why can’t they leave him alone? Yuri is a sobbing mess by now and no matter how he tried wiping his tears, but it won’t go away.

 

“Yul.” Yuri sloely turn his face towards Jessica as the girl palms settle nicely against his both cheeks.

 

“I can’t hate you.”

 

“You should.”

 

Jessica shaking her head and without Yuri get enough time to respond, she claims his lips as she let him feels the touch of her warm lips. Yuri froze on spot when Jessica move her lips against him. She pulls him towards her even more when Yuri finally closing his eyes and savouring the sweet lips that he had wanted since before. He place his hands on her waist and let his feelings take over him. They finally pull away as Yuri rest his forehead on hers.

 

“W-What was that?”

 

Now it was Jessica time to blush. She just turn this innocent conversation into a light make out and he’s not even her boyfriend.

 

“My way of showing you that I can never hate you.”

 

He eyes fluttering open and staring into hers. He doesn’t need to say anything because his eyes telling her everything.

 

….

 

Taeng saw Yuri kissing Jessica on the cheek as she gest into her car and drove away. He pulls his curtain and lay down on his bed. He pull out his phone and typing a text. Once done, he smile and turn the light off before Yuri notice he’s not sleeping yet. He’ll tomorrow.

 

…..

 

Thank you. I owe you.