My Odd Regulations

My "Lovely" Young Master {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

To be completely fair, Jaehyun would be lying if he said he didn't say that this was the most awkward thing he's ever done since getting to the mansion. As Hocheol's personal butler, it was mandatory for him to stand by Hocheol's seat during meals, however, let's not forget that Jaehyun is not only extremely wet and cold right now, but also suffering from some awkward tension with Hocheol's parents staring at him.

"So Hocheollie."

And that also wouldn't be a farfetched lie saying that the voice of Hocheol's mom scared the living crap out of him.

"Yeah mama?" Hocheol looks up from his food.

"How is Jaehyun-ssi?"

Great, the one question she has to ask. Hopefully it won't be that bad.

"He's annoying, insufferable, a total dork, and dumb when it comes to avoiding pranks."

Okay, actually hearing those words was actually painful and shocking- and what Jaehyun means be shocking, he means extremely shocking considering that Hocheol's mom gaped and his dad dropped the fork he held onto the porcelain plate.

Hocheol lets out a small sigh, barely muttering, "But... he's not as bad as I thought he was..."

That took a few seconds for Jaehyun to actually click that in his head and feel what felt like warmth...? Happiness?? For not being hated???

"Thank goodness. I honestly thought that you completely forgot to be gratious to those who serve you," Hocheol's mom sighed in relief, a hand over her chest.

"That still doesn't mean that I'll stop trying to get him to quit his job."

"Hocheollie!"


"I am so sorry about Hocheollie's attitude. I don't know what's gone wrong with that child's head," she sighs as her husband looks through cabinets for copies of a contract.

"I-It's okay, I've gotten use to it slightly," Jaehyun awkwardly laughs, still oddly feeling slightly pressured with being stuck in an office with just the parents, but luckily he's a business major, so he's somewhat use to speaking formally, "I've heard from Inho-hyung that he's going through a phase because of someone named Hyunuk."

She lets out another sigh, "I wouldn't know why Hocheollie would throw a tantrum over someone like him."

"Here are the documents, Jaehyun-ssi, go ahead and read over it before signing the contract," Hocheol's dad finally sits down and lays a packet of paper onto the desk that separated them from him.

Jaehyun leans over and picks up the packet, skimming over certain areas until reaching requirements, which made him slow down and scrunch up his eyebrows slightly at the list. He raises his head back up, "Um- Excuse me sir, but may I ask about requirement number four?"

"Ahh, number four, keeping all doors and windows covered, closed, and locked at all times in presence of Hocheol-ah. What more do you need to know about it?" he leans back slightly.

"If it's not too much, why is this a requirement? In my opinion, he looks fairly pale, so wouldn't it be best if Hoch- young master were in the presence of sunlight more?" this formal talk was going to be the death of him.

"The chef understands nutrient issues so he always leaves vitamin D supplements for him before he goes to bed. Anymore questions?"

He honestly would've asked what was the purpose of such a thing but it seemed like that question would be the actual death of him if formal talk didn't get to him first. Slowly, he asks, "Doesn't young master have school to go to? You know, outside of the mansion?"

And Jaehyun knew he still messed up either way by this question, seeing how the room became suffocatingly silent. She says very clearly, "Usually, none of the newer employees can tell by these regulations, but it seems that you have a bit more... integrity than them in continuing something, so, let me state requirement number four very clearly again: All windows and doors must be covered, closed and locked at all times in presence of Hocheol, who must return to his room when they do need to be opened."

"Y-Yes, ma'am..." Jaehyun murmurs, not wanting to fruther proceed with the idea of death.

"So do we have a deal?" her voice now had an uncharacteristic curt-ness to it.

Jaehyun takes a deep breath before reaching for the pen placed by the side of the papers on the desk in front of him.


Oddly, after leaving the office, Jaehyun's steps felt heavier than usual as he returns to Hocheol's room, knocking on it, waiting for a sign or anything before opening the door and being greeted with the familiar half-lit room and a boy laying on his bed and tossing a plushie into the air to catch it.

"Oh, it's only you. So I'm guessing you signed the contract?" Hocheol turned to Jaehyun and frowned slightly when he saw that Jaehyun was in deep thought.

Well, his thought was cut short when Hocheol throws the plushie at his face, "H-Huh? Y-Yes, is something wr-wrong?"

"Yes. Why was your face scrunched up? It's weird," Hocheol lets out a huff.

"Is... it rude to ask if it's lonely to be cooped up all of the time?" Jaehyun hesitantly asks, not wanting to provoke Hocheol. The younger only raises his eyebrows, slight surprise and slight confusion showing in his expression, slowly answering, "Yeah, it is... why do you ask?"

He lets out a small sigh, "I don't really know, the contract was kinda weird..."

"Why do you think I never want to wake up? Nothing fun ever happens in here..." Hocheol thinks a little bit more, "Well... I guess... never mind. Are mama and papa still here?"

Although Jaehyun was curious as to what Hocheol was going to say, he restricted himself from asking and decided that he should ask it at a different time, "They left for another business trip."

Hocheol lets out a small huff, rolling over onto his stomach to reach for a manhwa on his nightstand, "Typical them. Hey dork, come over here."

He's still calling me that... Jaehyun walks over to Hocheol before kneeling down slightly to see what Hocheol was pointing at on the cover of the manhwa, "What kind of flower is this?"

Jaehyun blinks at the cover before answering, "It's a dandelion."

"A dandelion?" Hocheol looks up at Jaehyun, a curious expression on his face.

"Have you never seen a dandelion before? Or has Inpyo never talked about them before?" to which Hocheol replied with a quick shake of the head, "Inpyo-hyung never talks about gardening and all of the floral decorations in the house are plastic anyways."

"Well, they're usually a bright yellow flower but eventually they turn into like this cotton ball of seeds that you can blow away from the stem. It's kinda like a thing where you can make a wish if you blow at it," Jaehyun tried his best to explain something as normal as a dandelion but it seemed like he did a good job seeing how Hocheol's eyes lit up at the idea of it.

"So nerds are good at something!"

Ahh, if only Hocheol could not insult him for once -.-