My Optimistic Friends

My "Lovely" Young Master {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

So how was Jaehyun feeling after working a week at the Chae mansion?

Dead.

He felt very dead on the inside.

How could you tell?

Well if you couldn't tell by him burrying his head into his arms that are laid out onto the table in front of him and silently groaning into his arms as Haejoon stacked paper cups on his head, then you might be looking at the ficus in the corner of the cafe instead of Jaehyun.

"Are you okay...?" Jinseob asked slowly before taking a sip of his americano, to which he only got a muffle into the table as a reply, "Uh... repeat?"

Jaehyun lifts up his head, causing the collapsal of the paper cup tower and making Haejoon pout. He simply sighs, "No... I feel dead on the inside ever since I got this job..."

Doha assuringly pats Jaehyun on the back, "Aw come on, it can't be that bad. You're not the only one working at the mansion."

"Well there's kinda only four of us... and probably four kilometers worth of area to run around in..." Jaehyun murmurs, remembering a certain reoccurring theme.


He opens the gate with the new card he got for his job in order to gain access to the opening and closing of the gates without needing someone to open it from the inside. The gates just opened when a lawn mower literally flew across the front garden. A few seconds later, Inpyo runs in the same direction as it, yelling at it to come back.

It took a couple more seconds of silence for Jaehyun to process what just happened before carefully walking into the garden and up to the mansion's porch. He opens the doors before hearing distant hysterical crying from the stair case on his right.

That was when he realized that hey, that's Hwayoung, clutching onto a luggage cart as he's basically riding on it and going down the stairs before heading straight into the room the stair case was facing before a loud sound rang out of it.

"Hopefully Inho-hyung's fairing better..." Jaehyun murmurs.

And then he heard familiar screaming before a muffled boom went off and caused the mansion to vibrate slightly.


His four friends stared at him speechlessly after he explained the memory.

"A-At least your young master isn't that bad...?" Doha awkwardly laughs, trying to regain his composure.

"That's where I continue the reoccuring theme," Jaehyun sighs again.


Jaehyun takes a step into the mansion...

Before a bucket of water filled with ice is dumped onto him.

"Oh, you're back," Hocheol's curt voice snaps him out of his now soaking uniform that was already uncomfortable as is, "Consider the water you're welcome back present." He turns around sharply, heading back into the hallway that the staircase lead into.

Luckily Jaehyun was very strong when it came to patience, especially if he had endured  so many years of schooling and Youngdoo's obnoxious munching on anything crunchy he had. Not-so-luckily, his everything was wet now.

"By the way, I want some macarons in 10 minutes, so hurry up deadbeat," Hocheol said loud enough so that the hallway echoed long enough for Jaehyun to hear.

Very slowly, Jaehyun drags the wet slacks stuck heavily to his legs in the direction of the kitchen.


"Maybe it was a rookie's entrance prank...?" Haejoon slowly said, his unsureness showing very clearly through his voice.

"I would like to think that too, but Inho-hyung told me that they've been having consistent problems of the newest butler quitting a week later because of young master's pranks and attitude... I don't know, he also said young master might be going through a phase of some sort..." Jaehyun murmured.

"Why do you keep adressing your young master as young master outside of your work environment? 'Cause no offense, but it's kinda weird..." Jinseob spoke up.

Jaehyun simply shakes his head, "According to Inho-hyung, it's part of my contract to never say my young master's name outside of my work environment unless someone has the same job as me. He said he saw that when he was signing the contract to officially start working there."

"So you sold your soul away."

"Now now, let's not assume that."

"Doha-hyung, he literally had to sign a contract."

"Actually, I haven't signed the contract yet. My young master's parents are on a business trip right now and won't be back until a week later. I'm having second thoughts on this job however," Jaehyun lets out another sigh, quickly thanking the waiter for bringing their food.

"But you need the payment, don't you?" Youngdoo pointed out.

"Well it does have extremely good pay," the waiter commented as he settled down their drinks and desserts.

Obviously, this makes them pause before staring at the waiter oddly, who blinked at them with apparent confusion. Haejoon slowly asks, "Were you eavesdropping on our conversation...?"

There was a moment of silence before the waiter awkwardly laughs, "Oops, sorry about that. I overheard by accident. Excuse me..." he bows before leaving their table, sparing Jaehyun one last glance, however, he couldn't identify what emotion he was showing.

And then he realized, it was a look of envy and yearning.

But why?


As usual, he took precaution as he entered the mansion to avoid any sort of attack, entering the mansion and looking out for wiring at the entrance that could trigger the fall of anything onto him. Jaehyun takes a slow step over the wire before he hears a huff from upstairs.

"I see that you're still here. Don't understand why though. You should've left before you could sign the contract with my parents," Hocheol states, leaning on the railing with an annoyed look.

"Sorry, but I kinda don't intend on leaving until I can get money for rent," Jaehyun sighs, already feeling a headache from simply avoiding the usual prank.

"And then what?"

"Well considering how high the pay rate is, I'll save up enough and take my leave afterwards."

"Oh. I see." Hocheol murmurs, sounding oddly monotonous, "Well bring me macarons in like what, 30 minutes." he waves his hand off before turning around and stepping quietly into the hallway behind him.

That was... odd... if there was one thing Jaehyun couldn't deny, he was also curious as to why Hocheol seemed so stubborn and bratty when it just seemed like he was simply lonely.

"Hey JaeHYUN!" then the door slammed open and he reacted too late when Inpyo tripped over the wire and collapsed onto Jaehyun along with triggering a bucketful of ice cold water onto them.

Another thing he didn't understand was why the hell were his friends so optimistic about his working conditions.