XXIV. IN ANOTHER LIFE

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Enough: Chapter 24

 

 

 

IN ANOTHER LIFE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The catastrophic effects of the mortifying murderer, reek throughout the cemented road. The rancid and unexplained scent, overpowering their sense with lust and hunger. The Vils covered underneath the moon, bloodshot eyes grew utterly steady. 


The blood flowed down their mouths, asking to be but surely they can’t anymore.


Yuri’s shoes hovered just a centimeter above the unholy ground. She witnessed the effects of Taeyeon’s words. On how fear can incorporate madness and eventually a hoard of followers. She grasped Jessica’s shaking hand, an indication of her lover’s pain. The blood is her addiction, furthermore, it is her source of life. And the amount of it in the area drove her to the brinks of insanity.


Many people are dead. 


Closing her eyes she crouched on one of the victims. Most will give pity to the infant inside her rather large belly. A mother. Possibly of two. Yuri held her hands in hers, “Live.” 

A breath came forward, inching its way out of her lungs. She opened her eyes hastily, gasping for air as she did. The first thing the mother did is to check her belly and followed by a sigh of relief. Yuri and Jessica stood side by side, with the Veiss princess grinning widely at the power of her lover.


“You did it.”


“I was given the power to give life but not to take it away.” Yuri followed the woman with her eyes. The warmth soothing her heart with happiness as she nodded her head to thank her. Running for her life as she knew it is not safe.


Jessica understood it quite well. The limitations of Yuri’s power. 


“Will you be able to manage them all?” Yuri looked at her, those brown orbs smiling as it did. Fully trusting her other half with confidence.


“Give life to everyone baby. I’ll take theirs.” Jessica rubbed Yuri’s shoulders. Her smile only rewarded the heir with the conviction that she could bring everyone to life despite her constant doubt that she will never be enough. 


Jessica kissed their interlaced hands before breaking it in a haste. The princess flew back to the coil of Vils huddled by the corner, fear creeping upon their eyes. A familiar scenes and a familiar surge of power, it is not foreign anymore.


 The myth of the princess finally taking place in front of their eyes. She is notorious for rebellious phase and it did not feed their amazement with happiness for she is one hell of a killer at that time. One mantra uttered by the victims is to kill them and end their pain for her bites are a severe nightmare. Only did the Princess will smile and whisper, “No.” 


Leaving them all to manifest their pain, making them her slave and a beast in the process. The king made sure to let them rot. Hidden behind the doors of secrecy.


The myth that is proven to be true. When the Impure siblings set the beasts free. But heed not, stories have an ending. 

“You are not a Veiss anymore. Why should we be afraid of you?” One stood tall like a sore thumb. His posture pulverized by his will to stand dignified but failing.

“True. But I’m a vampire still. I am a princess still. And I don’t have that fear of you becoming beasts anymore as I lay your soon to be dead body on the ground, for the blood of the Veiss that runs through me is gone.”

Jessica may have trudged right through the job but she somehow felt the urge to explain. Letting the Vils know that they will just be dead is one hell of a complete satisfaction for her.


“You should be more afraid of me now. You will just be..dead.” 

And with a little smile, she forced her perfectly manicured nails into the center of his body, where his heart is. Twisting it as it tore right through the flesh. With a , Jessica took the beating organ with her grip. A long way down backward, little force exerted and she held it in front of her line of sight.


His life. In her hands. Literally. “Next?”

Formalities. She snickered. Even if it is needed, they will still be vile and will just run. So should she take heed of their decision to even surrender? No.

Pacing through the orbs of a blur, Jessica had never felt so powerful. Like playing tag, taking hearts out of some running demons is fun as hell.


One heart, two hearts until she got bored of taking them out like potatoes. She stopped. There are only a few of them remaining. Three to be exact.


The earth stood still. Jessica opened her eyes, and their necks snapped like twigs.


—————————————————————————


She was sure hell proud of her girl.


 Yuri smiled, watching Jessica taking out hearts like a farmer would be a great movie however her snapping necks is savage. Her laziness can only be justified by her actions. 


Yuri decided not to gawk or clap because the norm of being good does include having sympathy. But they are evil, which makes it possible for her to wail a congratulatory kiss to her badass girl. But no. And so she suppressed it.

Even if she wanted to help. She can’t.

An heir is given the power to revive each soul of those which are taken by the vile souls of the evil. However, her power to revive can only be balanced by her inability to kill. The burden can only be handled by Jessica as of the moment.


Although Yuri knew Jessica does not need help in killing the Vils at all.


She focused her attention instead on the swarm of dead body and souls in front of her. A hand held up high, and the winds caught up to it like magnets. Swirling her fists with power as it motioned softly like petals. 


The life flowed and she molded it to the bodies of the victims. Tying those souls back to its place. She whispered a happy and melodic, “Breathe.” 


Perhaps it will be forever her favorite word.


She is happy. Watching them move to live and running to find solace in their family’s safe embrace. Their memory would be there but sure it would consume them as time passes. Magic will do its job once it decides that it will be the best time to do so.

“Yuri, hello.” That sweet melodic voice with the toxic smile made Yuri shiver. 


Turning around, she found the opposite side of her powers. Her ability to kill did not make Yuri jealous in any way. It made her loathe the soul within the body of her best friend more. Taeyeon’s smile is supposed to be warm not this. 


Disgusted at it, Yuri took three long strides until she reached the evil. Eye to eye and the fearless eyes met the gray ones.

“What a show!” Taeyeon clapped. Her eyes roaming around the red and murky pavements. The only thing left of her little intermission.


“You and your girlfriend really kicked some there!” Taeyeon mockingly pumped her fist, as if mocking the heir would hasten a fight between them when everyone knows the both of them is immortal. 


Yuri, however, remained poised. Sadness bored into the pools of her brown orbs. Wondering how their life full of exams and coffee sessions would end up in this battle of dominance. Even so, her best friend is long gone. 


“Where’s Key?” The devil turned serious within seconds. The laughter soon died down like the atmosphere. Yuri continued to stare down right back at her. Noticing how those diamonds in her hands tend to glow. 


“I don’t know you tell me. He is, after all, yours.” 

“I lost that connection already when you killed Lisa and L. Tell me, where is he? It is quite ironic that a great entity as you would succumb to the link bestowed upon you by nature. Worse, it is from a weakling Impure that is not half of your power.” Taeyeon turned to Yuri once again, smiling as she did so. 

Half of her face lit up eventually. The devil seemed to be enjoying her little advantage.


“Still, the only one left is hidden from you. Apparently, the difference between us is that your links know the reward of sacrifice. One way or another, they’ll be in a better place and you will be just a story.” Yuri took a stance back, if they would keep talking and talking, time will dwindle granting the latter the power to run once more. 


Key and Yoona are somewhere far but it is the devil. Scorching the ends of the universe for a very long time, it is capable of the massive hunt. More advanced and clearly experienced. The una and the Impure are simply her prey. And Yuri needs to act upon it. 
Please be here.


Holy chants uphold the entire city with the signal of Yuri’s raised hands. Forcing her little whimper deep down her emotions, she shed a tear. The witches of Kyro, the old ones in charge of hiding the second Princess’ body all murmured their magic to the nature to hear them. The hooded figures emerging from the veils of the night appeared to have been watching ever since the fight began. Waiting for the right time to unleash their power.

“I hope we are not late Yul.” Sooyoung’s hand reach for Yuri’s shoulders. 


Perhaps, The una is the fastest out of them. Having to reach Kyro in a matter of hours to take the plea for help to subdue. For even Yuri, herself would need it. And as such, the witches obliged. It is what Seohyun would want. It is the road their ancestors would take. And the princess Soojung would be very much pleased knowing that her warriors are doing what it needs to defeat every loathing soul in the world. Not just protecting her but also protecting the one that she loves. Because once and for all, it is inevitable. 

“Oh! So the town of witches came up to me at once?” Aghast at the overpowering magic engulfing her existence, the devil eyed them from above. That giggle going to the intent of howling laughter hurled the chanting into a fast pace. 

“Sica!” Yuri bellowed at Jessica, reaching for her hands as the surge of wind came passing right through them. Making their robes dance. 


Jessica ran to her heir, soft gazes are exchanged. She held Yuri’s waist for support. The strong gusts of what seems like an invisible blizzard only became stronger. The security of Yuri’s hold did not disappoint her. 


Keeping Taeyeon at bay until Yoona reaches Kyro to seal Key in a tomb wherein no one could ever touch the sleeping Impure, is the plan. Sooyoung had made it clear that even if Yuri would decide to kill herself so that no stench of evil would remain, it is still a lost. For the earth would be left without a ruler. And eventually, everyone deeming for the throne would fight without a higher power to hold them down. 


A war would still be present. It will never end. 


Leaving one would be a risk but it is a relief knowing that a powerful heir is going to be present despite everything. 

The witches screamed. A burst of heat overcomes the ground coming to make a dome over Taeyeon. 


“You will be forced to feel every pain of this world you stepped upon! For a short time, let us show you, your weakness!” The elder howled in the evening sky. Raising his hands up, he mustered a wail. Everyone else followed. 


And then Taeyeon cried. Pain. |Pain of every death she committed. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The last time they had ever encountered Taeyeon, it took half of Seohyun’s life, rendering the great witch to the extent of being immobile. Those times, they were able to keep her still, engulfing her with the power to overwhelm her. And that is hard, even for two powerful witches. 


However, this time it is the devil and not the evil heir nature conjured. The devil in the body of the evil heir nature made. What power would overwhelm it? 


The witches’ power will soon die down. At that time everyone hoped that it is enough.

Sooyoung amidst everything, stood tall. The magic of the witches is too strong, her sandals grazing the bloody pavement. Trying to hold its master on the spot. But she kept her eyes open at any weakness the devil would let them see. She slowly retracted herself from the box of power she was in, being aware of the end of the chapter, the vampire saw everything in perfect hue. In what seemed to be a visit in the past, she saw her brother’s smile gazing down at her during failed training sessions with the master. Helping her up. 


“Help me, Ming. Noona will need it.”


Blinding lights poured down from the heavens where the witches are, Their eyes bloodshot with fatigue, “Hold her down!”


And Taeyeon screamed even more.  The grounds cracking up within the scope of the dome. Her pain is enough for the world to crumble. 

Sooyoung‘s tears became evident by the time she reached Yuri’s eyes. Already crying at the outcome of her friend’s sacrifice, it is the dawn of a new level of friendship. Sadly, however, it will end. The face of the unas contorted as she struggled to keep a smile. A thumbs up at her friend. 

“I’ll see you? Friend.” Sooyoung said, bowing. Jessica couldn't take the pain. She holds her lover tightly. Digging a small consolation of security at the crook of Yuri’s neck. 

“I’ll see you.” A smile from Yuri is all that Sooyoung needed to dash upon the devil in the dome.

As if she was seeing a woman inside, free from all the power and the vulnerabilities seething through her skin like fire. Sooyoung leaned down to her knees, stretching a hand towards Taeyeon. That small kid she once knew to be the most responsible friend, that little ert, and most of all, she was her friend even if the hostility did hurt so much.

“I’ll see you too. Friend.”

The courage of her soul is rewarded with e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter