II. THE HEADMASTER'S DAUGHTER

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II. THE HEADMASTER'S DAUGHTER

The black Audi made its way down the marble pavement of Lacey. It's engine roared but no student heard it, deep in their sleep at their dormitories is the answer.

A lone figure sat at the backseat, eyes closed for one reason, this place is the last place the person wants to step into. Knowing fully how stupid the idea of meeting new faces which will probably leave when they are all done what they want from you. Heaving a deep sigh, the person opened up her eyes.


"Miss, we are here." The driver looked through the rear view mirror, meeting the pair of eyes. Hazel with a dark shade of brown, rather cold. Her eyes closed for moment, indulging the last air the car can give her before finally stepping out. Lacey is a school where everything is not so cliche. Home of the richest, they say. Brats, Arrogant people probably the top 2 descriptive words, but hell no. She always knew. Lacey is the true home of Broken People. Victims. And as much as she wanted to ran away from being part of the broken ones, she is in fact broken anyway. Maybe it's time to embrace the her nature or what is left of her humanity as of the moment.

She uttered a small thanks to the driver before stepping out of the car. Scanning the area for a tinge of familiarity, she sighed knowing that she found nothing. Her father always brings her here when she was a child, telling her that this will be her home one day.

The well furnished and grey painted walls of Lacey screams royalty. Much to her sense of appreciative emotion, Jessica did not even glance at the tall statue of the man she dubbed as her father adorning the fine gazebo with a small fountain beside.

Dragging her heavy luggage and muttering curses at the driver. What is hurrying him so much that he did not even bother to lend a finger at the American damsel obviously in distress. So much for being a gentleman. She did not bother to inform her father that she is already here, besides it is late and she needs more rest. Hell will start tomorrow, at least she is majoring in Musical Theater. Music is the only good thing left.

She halted in her tracks when a movement made its existence present with a mere sound of loud noises. Coming from the small mock forest. Being a curious cat equipped with a very prominent amount of bravery, Jessica approached the noise. Her world of reality will not entertain a world of fantasy, no ghosts, no serial killers. At least there are no ghosts in the world she woke up on.

"Oh." she managed to breath a one syllable reaction to the scene before her.

Clothes and hair are not in their proper order. Two figures, one tall and masculine, the other petite and curvy. A couple. A very couple.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean." Jessica bowed slightly. Turning her back at the shocked couple for a quick escape route, the girl's voice echoed.

"Are you new here?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Who are you?" This time the boy asked.

She has to keep her identity a secre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter