XXIII. I GET TO LOVE YOU

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Enough: Chapter 23





 

I GET TO LOVE YOU

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






 

One night when every memory is flashed in his eyes did he finally got to remember everything more than he actually did. Maybe it is a gift of dying. The pleasure of having to rewind every moments, laughter and tears before you let it all go. Jinki felt his heart being yanked. The video stopped.

 

The first time she felt vulnerable. Jinki’s death made it clear. One light glimmered into darkness, slowly fading as it flickered off.

 

“When Yuri wakes up. Tell her that I always admire her hard work in school and I gave her my blessings. I love you Sooyeon. Your kisses and hugs will be delivered to Soojung, I assure you.”

                      

Siege took a moment to memorize Jessica’s features. Even if her face is not happy but atleast the tears are for him. Letting a deep breathe, he kissed Jessica’s forehead. Lasting longer than he thought. Jessica’s crying became audible, Yoona and Sooyoung cowered in their places. Heads buried on their own palms.

 

Like the end of a season it transitioned into another set of scenery and hope. The King’s sacrificial offering of himself diminished his light in the world casted with darkness. The reason for it to exist gained another blow as it erased another glow of light. Right there as the devil scrunched in her hurting soul she knew something is happening.

 

The devil needs to be named for her to feel the presence of fear. One saying written in the books inscribed by shamans and all people claiming of power. For now, we shall name her Taeyeon.

 

 

Darkness won’t exist without the light

 

It fiddled the ends of their fears. Strung their dreams with black smoke. Yuri did not even celebrate the newly found hope, for she would lose everyone in her sight for her to deliver the crown in the lights of the good. Her embrace just went tighter and tighter. Securing Jessica’s vulnerable state in her arms as they grieve for the inevitable ending.

 

 

“That’s why she is not killing all of us. She needs us to stay alive.” Sooyoung’s dejected voice echoed through the halls of the castle. She shed some tears earlier but she felt valiant. Her death would be the apparent reason as per the era of such evil would end.

 

 

“Why the hell did she told you that Fany?” Yoona says, eyes darting back at Tiffany.

 

It is silent. Tiffany herself does not know as to why the devil would blatantly screw her trump card to the possibilities.

 

 

“Would you believe me if I say that it is because of Taeyeon? She somehow possess Taeyeon’s attributes. I know she is evil but Taeyeon never kept a secret from me. Like she never did.” Tiffany almost choked on her tears once again upon the small reminiscing of the past but it is cut short when Sooyoung scoffed.

 

 

“Believe what you want but before this ends, thank you. We fought so well.”

 

 

“How do we know that it is right? How do we know that this not just another plan? You are going to sacrifice yourselves for goodness sakes!” Jessica had scrambled out of Yuri’s embrace. Her tears visible as she stomped her feet on the hardwood pavement.

 

 

The look on her friends’ eyes are a translucent ray of fear and hope. If one needs to be present in the borders of death to face the new life, then they must be ready. Short notices are never good but somehow this kind of events produces the best results.

 

Jessica blames herself for everything. Why bother being the partner and the of the heir when all she gives Yuri is heartaches and useless sacrificial things? Sure thing they had few normal dates but most of it being held captive in some virtual reality that somehow they are safe, somehow the world is not being roamed by the most evil creatures in the planet.

The Evil’s life is connected to the light that is the Unas. The loophole is like a plotted script. The higher power of time must’ve written an extraordinary story, binding their fate into this very moment of death that appeared to be so valiant and great no one would think this is just a simple effect of a mistake.

 

If one would ask a question as to why the world needs an heir when there is a ruler like the King who had only the good in his belt, it is only sane for an intellectual to answer, “The heir had the judgment.” But now as the haze clears into the true answer, one would definitely answer, “Because evil is destined to rise and it is also destined to be destroyed.”

 

Like somehow, the puzzle fits.

 

 

“I get to live with you for eternity but how could I possibly cater the guilt of watching my friends die for the sake that I could rule freely?” Yuri says when the moon started to fade through the clouds.

 

Jessica had no answer to give at the moment. She is also crippled with what ifs.  If this turned out to be just a ploy to get rid of them, then hell would definitely turn cold upon impact.

 

“Yuri.”

 

“Hmm?” Yuri turned to offer her arms wide again for Jessica to stay for a while. Laughing at the gesture, the princess succumbed into the warmth.

 

 

“What did the gods told you?”

 

 

“Nothing, they just asked what I wanted.” Yuri kissed the crown of Jessica’s head. If there is a time that she felt peace, it is here.

 

 

“What did you tell them?”

 

 

 

“Peace.”

 

 

 

————————————————————————


 

Her silent protest for a tinge of respect apparently is blown out of the small hole in her heart. Despite everything she only ended up laughing at the blood streaming out of countless dead people in the square. Buildings smoking due to fire, and above all, the rain.


 

Blood rain.


 

Erasing every memory of the weak, like how she described it. Laughter would erupt again just by thinking how would the people cope up with so many loss without knowing how they lost them. Mischief and misguided grief, she wondered why it made her so happy.

 



 

“This is so funny. Will it be ironic if I say how the pain in some terms fuels my happiness?” Still her voice, although the mind itself and the soul present is clearly not the Taeyeon Kim the world knew.



 

The oldest Impure stood beside her, dark and long lashes scrutinized the devastation they brought. Key never felt this satisfied in his life. Born as a true advocate of something nearly as close to what is described to be a tyrant, the young boy had ordered his men way back to kill innocent children that he deemed to be useless. That is his nature. True to his words he only served one master.



 

“Not at all.”



 

Taeyeon showed him a brief smile. Her gray eyes already gleaming with power.




 

“How come they let this intensity fall through. Aren’t they interested in saving innocent lives?” Key says, disappointed.  Having to take in all of the evil plans of the small girl in front of him, the Impure himself could not fathom the amount.



 

Alone. All of his companions for years and millenias. Dead.



 

“They will eventually go to a better place. Yuri would know that.” Taeyeon duly replied.




 

“Then if you decide to kill me too, would i go to a better place as well?”



 

“Would you consider yourself as an Impure though? After all?” her voice as beautiful as it sounds, is filled with insult.

 

 

 

Her eyes roaming around the barren city for any alive person. And when a small child came out of his tight hiding space, the evil once again burst into laughter. A spurt of her speed came upon the child, devoid of time and space. In her palms, her dainty fingers wrapped around the neck of the child, Key stepped back. Closed his eyes for even a black heart like his could only take in too much.

 

The power illuminated into the depths of her heart, the body is perfect. It is loved, moreover it holds an immense amount of pain and sadness. An immortal being churned with all the evilness of the world, perhaps nothing is more fitting than this.


 

The clouds turned into a gray hue, the evil stood still in the still waters of the vast ocean. The more people she kills the more power she holds however the entirety of her rule would not be put into place as long as the heir is tall and running. Whatever the time it will take for her to find a weakness in Yuri, something written in the scrolls of tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter