XI. THE AMAZING FIRST

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Not Enough: Chapter 11

 

THE AMAZING FIRST

 

Yuri woke up from her slumber feeling a little sore. Her back is aching, her sides are aching, and her heart is practically broken into pieces. After the talk with Taeyeon last night, she has compelled herself to be comfortable enough to lay beside Jessica in the queen size bed without touching the side in which the princess had gained. But being a human being, her feelings all took over and the rest of the night is filled with the urge to not look at the sleeping figure, so she stayed on the left side, facing the vast horizon of twinkling stars, representing a rather peaceful feeling. So what is the future now? Is she going to let her life continue just like what Taeyeon had said? How can she do it when her mind is full of questions?

 

She massaged her sides, she then roamed her eyes on the room. Jessica is not there anymore, for a while she scanned the entire interior filled with nothing but minimalistic designs, a bunch of books, and the typical scent Yuri knew is from Jessica. It is an exquisite scent filled with the freshness of rose and the alluring smell of violets and vanilla. Are all vampires smell like that? Because she remembers how Taeyeon once described Tiffany to smell like the most refined strawberries. Of course, after all they are all predators. A very beautiful predators.

 

She found her uniform by the dresser, pressed and arranged. And they all thought that Yuri will definitely have the slightest interest in taking notes and listen to their annoying professors, absurd. Yuri freshened up, took a bath with a blush in her face upon realizing the fact that Jessica Jung’s bathroom is where all the ness lies. Not to be dubbed as a ert but Yuri is a paranoid like that. She got dressed, finally. The gush of cold air welcomed her, when she opened the door. She was all alone in the headmaster’s quarters. The questions are all still there but she needs a map to figure this gigantic maze, she needs to get out of this vampire infested quarters.

 

The headmaster’s quarters has a similarity from the underground headquarters, but the thing that stood out most aside from the fact that for the first time in 4 years of being a student in Lacey, this is the first time that she managed to gain a slight look at the very mysterious headmaster’s quarters which is in fact forbidden to all of the students, is the intricate paintings hanging in the Victorian painted walls. The curves and all that symmetrical details embroiled in the finest material of the walls are a representation of all the royalty that this place wanted to represent. So different from the black and white minimal designs of Jessica’s room.  The moderns artistry of it all is nothing compared to this old kind of designs which is in fact older than time itself. The paintings, it is scary.

 

“What in the actual , they never got old.” Yuri croaked, tracing the frame of the gold painting of Headmaster Jung in his all black tux. Sporting a regal look from head to toe.

 

 She felt chills in her spine when the last painting garnered all of her attention, it is Jessica. Never aging and still extraordinary as she is now, her golden locks flowing perfectly, framing her perfect sculpted face. And for the record, Yuri squinted her eyes on the figure beside Jessica, they have an uncanny resemblance, all too similar. For a certain reason the other figure is sporting a black and white dress and her hair is tied up in a bun, showing her prominent cheekbones and her rather sleepy cat like eyes penetrating each soul. Compared to the red dress Jessica is wearing, the other figure despite the fact that she wears the color of the darkness, the look on her face is gentler. And Yuri does not know who she is, and that is the scariest part.

 

“Where do you think you are going?” Choi Sooyoung met Yuri’s eyes. The lanky vampire is leaning on the door frame of the exit. Like she always does when she is lecturing Yuri and Taeyeon of being late after the curfew. Yuri panted, the painting scared her which caused her to dash all the way down.

 

 

“School.”

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“Sure you don’t. And I have no intention on staying here anymore. What exactly are you Sooyoung?” Yuri questioned Sooyoung who is expressionless.

 

“Did we answer it all for you last night?” sooyoung took a step towards Yuri. Her arms crossed.

 

“Not all of it. Are you certainly letting me buy all that bull crap of you being a vampire?”

 

“Does this seems like a joke to you Yuri?” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

 

“I made myself believe that this is all a joke. Because I am still not letting the fact sink in that my bestfriend is gone.” Yuri’s eyes watered and the emotion of sadness took the pedestal in Sooyoung’s face.

 

“I’m sorry. But you can’t do anything about it anymore. She is the heir and all we can do is sit and anticipate her move.”

 

“Who am I in all of this? Why am I needed?”

 

“You have no part in all of this. Jessica, however, claimed ownership over you and there is nothing we can do about it. Come. The headmaster wants to talk to you.”

 

~~

 

Jessica and Tiffany are in the midst of a staring battle when the oak doors of the underground headquarters swung open. Sooyoung strutted in, more like floating as Yuri timidly followed behind her. Jessica’s breathe hitched, the blood pumping in Yuri’s neck is perhaps the addiction she craved for the past days and the circumstances are rather seemingly inappropriate.

 

“You’re here. Sit beside me.” She ordered and all Sooyoung could do is push Yuri beside Jessica.

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

“Father wants to talk to you. But first, let me relay to you all of the things that you need to know. Let me start by formally introducing myself to you. And them too.” Jessica stood, her head tilting to every person present in the room. Unlike the first time Yuri noticed how almost all of the emptied chairs are occupied. Minho, Jinki, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Tiffany all sitting in the right side of the long table. While only her and Jessica are occupying the left side. Those remaining two seats are left unoccupied and Yuri reckoned it is reserved for Headmaster Jung and the unknown other.

 

“You know them, I believe.” Jessica relayed, crossing her legs in the process while Yuri gulped at the close proximity.

 

“Yes, of course. Who wouldn’t?” Yuri scoffed. These people are popular enough as it is.

 

“And me, do you perhaps know a thing about me?” Jessica eyed her, the golden brown eyes studying her darker ones.

 

“Jessica Jung.” Yuri replied.

 

“Of course, that is the only thing she knows.” Yoona laughed softly, a goblet in her hands.

 

“Is that blood?” Yuri raised her eyebrows. For the first time, the room is filled with echoes of melodic laughter. All blending into harmonious symphonies, Jinki in particular looks like he just heard the most obvious question. Tiffany is still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter