XII. AN ADDITION TO THE EMPIRE

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: Chapter 12  

 

AN ADDITION TO THE EMPIRE

 

Soft lips molded into the unready ones. The initiator felt a pang in her heart when the latter’s lips remained idle, unmoving. Nevertheless she made a move now, it is a waste for her to throw her efforts away, to the very least, a princess is not supposed to be the one who starts a kiss.  Commoners must be the one who does it. Jessica swallowed it whole and her pride is currently degrading, feeling Kwon Yuri to be frozen in the spot. She breathed a lungful to break the connection. That’s when a forceful tug made those lips that broke apart a while ago to reconnect, this time the other one is responding, grinning unto the kiss, Jessica grabbed a handful of those dark locks, tangling it across the spaces of her fingers. Her breathing is not a problem for a vampire does not necessarily need it to live, but the consideration on the fact that Yuri is human, and humans needed air to breathe.

 

“Well you are certainly capable of doing that Miss Jung.” Yuri smiled when their foreheads touched. Her slow breathing clouded Jessica’s thoughts, the hunger vibrating within the walls of her gums. Where the fangs are starting to get out.

 

“Shut up.” Jessica pushed Yuri a little bit too hard for the tanned woman to stumble on her heel.

 

“You are quite aware that I am still a human and you just can’t throw me like that right?” Yuri reminded the girl who has an arm extended for support. Effortlessly pulling her back on her feet Jessica eyed her.

 

“Why did you kiss me back?”

 

“You kissed me.” Yuri dusted off the dust from her bottom.

 

“You just can’t kiss back to people whom you don’t like.”

 

“I like you.” Yuri shrugged, leaving Jessica on the same spot. An old lady blushes for the first time in a thousand years.

 

~~

 

Seohyun’s eyes widens for a while, not until it came back into the narrow ones in a matter of seconds. Gliding past the King of Veiss Seohyun chuckled at the sentence he said. The lighthouse’s beaming light is giving her face a glint. And Headmaster Jung’s eyes followed her, determined of what Seohyun is going to say next. He knows for a reason that the witch in front of him knows everything, in fact the powerful entity of nature has been around for a long time like he is. Witches are servants of nature, as long as there is a threat, gods have given them the chance to live long, not immortal, but is capable of living for centuries. Seohyun in that matter is a thousand year old witch with a face of 17 year old.

 

“Krystal is dead. And we are not certain if the elders still has her blood. As far as I know her heart is yanked out by no other than your jealous evil mate. Do we still need Jessica to relay the whole ordeal again? As much as I detest that story of brutality, I really do wonder why you fancy your little Soojung more than your Sooyeon, Siege.”

 

“It has been such a long time indeed. Even before Sooyeon fell in love with Donghae, our rift has been so deep. That time when I finally get to witness Sooyeon smile again, because of that lad, I decided to make him one of our own. Since Sooyeon has never been the same ever since Soojung died. But I just dug myself a grave by letting all the chances turn into specs by being late. So no, I did not fancy Krystal more. I love them both.” Headmaster Jung let a tear flow from the corners of his blue eyes. Seohyun nodded.

 

“They are so close. I remember when everything is peaceful. When this heir game is clearly not the point. When the evilness inside Amanda is still hidden. But, everything is destined. I guess. Soojung has suffered so much.” It is hard, to be able to reminisce but is not able to turn back time to feel it. The father knew how much his daughter suffered from the hands of an abusive mother, a killer. And probably, it is a good alternative for Krystal to rest. But the younger princess have so much more to discover, her life is a gift but it ended up being precious for it is short and unexplored.

 

“She is, our god.” Seohyun sighed. The flowing pure dress illuminated when the light of the lighthouse landed on it. Moments of silence dawned upon the both of them.

 

“You made her that way.”

 

“Her blood is precious. Just like all of you Veiss vampires are.”

 

“You stole her from me! You stole my daughter away from me and her sister! Then you worship her.” He is a composed one. A king in his rightful behavior can only take in so much. Headmaster Jung finally opened up. Seohyun saw all of this, she let the King vent. It is the right thing to do.

 

“Why are you accusing us of stealing your daughter when you are the one who handed her body to us for safe keeping?”

 

“Because I know, she will be a part of bigger things even when she is already dead. But It does not mean that you could seal the town and hide Krystal from me forever.” The King of Veiss’ words are straight on. No filter and the words are spoken with vile with longing for the daughter that he wants to cradle in her sleep.

 

“And that is why I left.”

 

“But they contacted you. To what?” Seohyun added and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Kyro still has her blood. Like you said it is precious. And they all have ears, they knew that the heir is evil. Your duty is to guide nature and Kim Taeyeon just annihilated a pack of Vils. They opened Kyro again, it is up to you to trust your elders again Seohyun. We are all in the same page. I miss my daughter. I want to see her again.”

 

~~

 

The Lacey Academy went on like it is a normal day. Kim Taeyeon and Kwon Yuri have just been marked absent for the 4th time. As well as the rest of the Unas. No one knew the fire boiling underneath. Sunny sat under the bright sun, the bags under her eyes are prominent as she continued to stir the coffee in her possession. What has she done? A rookie witch wanting peace, a rookie witch wanting to protect the savior of all, it all ended on a 360 degree backfire. She eyed several innocent students all sweating in the field. Preparing for the annual Lacey Olympics. Maybe all of them are gathered here. The stands are full with spectators watching the players prepare, the most sought after event, just right after the Lacey Ball.

 

There was a flicker of power. Sunny felt it. A witch will always feel the anomaly in the air. The coffee cup vibrated in its place. Standing on the center of the field is Kim Taeyeon, her eyes boring into Sunny, even from miles apart. There was a loud gasp from the witch when the heir is in front of her when she blinked. Taeyeon is once again in her Lacey uniform, the gray eyes shining like the sun.

 

“You are here to kill me too, Taengoo?”

 

“No. Not you Sunny. Them.” The index finger floated in the air gracefully, pointing at the students in the vast field. Sunny’s eyes followed, just an audible snap. The air dried, nature seems to be disappointed. Like a pistol being fired in a race, the snap resonated towards Sunny’s ears. And it continued to echo as one by one the students in the field crumbled in the scorching heat of the sun. Lying lifelessly on the ground. Hundreds of them in the field, several other hundreds in the stands. Sunny cried. She just killed them all.

 

~~

 

“Let us have a break from all this millennial problems present Yoong!” Sooyoung nudge Yoona in her seat. They are absent again, due to Jinki being paranoid and they have consumed all their remaining entertainment.

 

“Minho is still participating in that swimming Olympic? God I am surprised.” Yoona ignored Sooyoung, she continued to gobble down the tumbler filled with blood.

 

“Let’s watch him swim like a propeller.” Sooyoung dashed. And Yoona followed, her laughter echoed, leaving dusts for any onlookers to witness.

 

~~

 

When the duo arrived on the pool, Minho stood there with his glorious body. Dummies are all over the pool floating. Sooyoung and Yoona approached the una, his eyes glued on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter