VI. MY PROPERTY, MY TOY

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: CHAPTER 6 MY PROPERTY, MY TOY  

“If ever, I happened to be the heir, what is going to happen with us? I mean, you said, I will change.” His brown eyes engulfed with feelings of curiosity and deep hopeful assumptions, Lee Donghae asked. The soft and peaceful cold breeze of a late December night is calming. As he held his girlfriend in his arms, he wondered what kind of luck he stumbled upon, gaining this opportunity to charm and be in love with a princess.

 

“Then I will be your wife. That is the destiny the gods bestowed upon me ever since. In fact it is fascinating, I get to marry the man of my dreams. Then we will be together, forever.” The princess in her red exquisite dress chuckled in his arms. The glowing desire of hunger is gradually getting prominent as she noticed the slight sensation in her gums. How romantic, she thought. To have a man who is willing to fight dragons with her, accepting her for who she is. It is indeed a selfish move to ask the young man to be with her forever. And that tiny hope she chose to fuel in her heart is the source of all the burning desire that indeed, maybe Donghae is the one. Jessica will take any chance she gets.

 

“Sounds like a plan. But, what if I’m not the heir?”

 

“Then, you will be an Una. You will still be a vampire.” Jessica released herself from the embrace, facing the Donghae who looks as confused as earlier. His silky hair dancing in the wind.

 

“But I will not be the one for you.”

 

“As long as you love me, and I love you. Forever right?” She inched closer to the face of the boy, cradling the small face with her hands. She did not bother the consequences of immorality of a married woman being in love with another man, besides being the mate of the heir is just her job, it does not state that indeed you need to love him. If that is the rule, well, being rebellious is a plan she planned to undertake.

 

~~

Jessica stood frozen in her roots. The bliss of happiness flew by in a haste. Witnessing the pool of blood in the pale white marble pavement of her father’s study, she roamed her eyes at the lone figure of her lover. Flat on his belly, the marks of the white teeth of the bloodsucker came to her view. Beside him lay the bouquet of rose he must’ve illegally picked in the university’s garden. The rose is white yet his blood made a way to change the color of the pure rose, it is now red. Tarnished with all the evil things that transpired in the room. Her eyes wondered in its sockets, finding someone to blame. Someone, just someone.

 

“Sooyeon, I am sorry! I..I…I didn’t know she would overhear our conversation!” Her father, always the regal one. The composed one is in his knees. Pressing his palms in Donghae’s neck to prevent the blood from oozing out.

 

“She?” Jessica felt a pang of unidentified feelings surging.

 

“Your mother. When you ask me to turn Donghae, she..she..assumed we have found the heir already. She beat me into turning him.  Sooyeon, I am sorry. There is nothing else I can do, her bites are the boundaries of my blood’s healing power.” Siege kneeled in front of his first born, bowing his heads as he clutched Jessica’s dress with his bloodied hands. He knew, there is no need for an explanation. When Donghae opens his eyes, he will be the bloodsucking demon formed by the bloodline of the evil. Jessica will no longer see those innocent eyes, his shy attitude, the beating heart, and the love present.

 

“He will be an impure. Donghae will be an impure.”

 

“I am sorry. Sooyeon, I am sorry.”

 

~~

Jessica opened her eyes. The dream has always been this vivid. It is not merely just a dream, it is a reality, an event in her life that turned everything for her. The beads of sweat forming in her forehead fell in the soft cushions that provided comfort. A certain memory that happens to visit her time to time, yet the feeling is still undeniably painful. Sleeping in the dead of the night with a full stomach and the feeling she has for the provider of the blood is driving her nuts. Kwon Yuri is like a drug. A drug which triggered everything in her.

 

That one sip, maybe not a sip, that one intake of blood. Made her mind struggle by an inner problem she can’t identify what. Being alive for almost three centuries has granted her the ability to control her blood consumption. She just happens to go overboard because of boredom, thus giving her the false assumption of being the incontrollable vampire princess with a on AB blood. Half true, half lies. She did like AB blood a lot. Kwon Yuri’s looks and her awesome smell is an added bonus. Jessica just found her new toy. Her new mom.

 

“Mom is a little bit, meh.” She chuckled at the nickname she gives her human bloodbags. No one knows, not even his father or the Unas that there is more than one mom in the whole span of time that she has inhabited the western part of the world. Away from her father and everyone who has a connection from her past. It just so happens that her last mom died due to excessive blood lost when she went ballistic over a broken bone in her hands courtesy of punching drunkards in their deaths. That mom did reached the knowledge of the Unas, making them think that she harbors such emotional attachment to the lady she has been feeding on. The excuse did earned her a ticket of the attitude she is giving everyone.

 

“My girlfriend.” Jessica giddily grinned at Kwon Yuri’s nickname.

 

~~

 

“So this happens on your free time?” Key positioned himself beside a tall rusty lamp post. The dead of the night is pitch black and the lone dinner of the predator in front of him laid still in his arms. Void of life. The teenager puffed the cigarette stick in his mouth breathing the menthol sensation. The smell of blood is everywhere, sudden appearance of the smoke tinting the reflection of the light from the post, giving the entire place a hint of mysteriousness. Looming danger in the dead of the night. The figure still clutching the dead body in his arms smirked.

 

“I was just hungry. No need to dig on the subject further.” He dropped the pale body in the ground, like it is a piece of trash bag.

 

“You can’t just leave that body around.” Key said.

 

“The idea of vampires being true, is a metaphor for fantasies in their heads. Their brains that is clouded with science will conclude that this is just a victim of a slaughter caused by the unparalleled desire of a drug syndicate to kill. And that my friend would be the best scenario.” He ticked his boots beside his pants. Keeping the shiny façade of the black boots at its prime.

 

“Anything happened in particular that you heed to seek me?” He uttered in a voice so deep, the teenager’s ears twitched. Key threw the cigarette in the ground, crushing the ends of it with his foot. Amanda’s orders is clear and short.

 

Get him. Get the girl.

 

“The heir has finally made its appearance.” He said.

 

“Tsk. A matter of great timing, it is a wise decision to involve the witches here I suppose. It makes the job faster.” He said. His tall frame now shadowing Key, the light from the lamp post disappeared as the seemingly taller vampire approached the teenager in a jiffy.

 

“And you will make it faster. Amanda wants you to get the girl.”

 

“So it is a girl. Maybe that is why it is me that she needs.” The thin line of his lips curved upwards, flashing the smirk of his yet again. The glint present in his red eyes excluded the hidden excitement of the older vampire.

 

“Still so full of yourself, Soohyuk. Instead of living to your reputation as a demon, I suggest you make your existence a worth by coming with me to Lacey.” Key gritted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter