XIII. THE BLOOD TRANSFER

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Not Enough: Chapter 12   THE BLOOD TRANSFER

 

“Watch your step Yuri. It’s dark.” Jessica caught Yuri swiftly by the wrist.

 

“Are you all really this strong? I mean I can get bruises you know.”

 

“I’m sorry.  But Yoona is stronger.” Jessica laughed. 

 

The moonlight serving as the lone source of illumination as the two some strutted towards the secluded and sacred tomb. The center of Kyro, a golden temple filled with songs that time conjured, it is Princess Soojung’s resting place. Jessica wanted to say hello to her sister whom she missed dearly, but decided to bring a company at the last minute. The temple is silent except for the soft melodic sounds of the songs, Jessica opened the doors, revealing what is inside of the temple to Yuri.

 

It is indeed a whirlwind of events, once she was a human where only the museum of Lacey made her gawk her eyes out, and in a splash of events her best friend is now a classic murderer, and she is in an unidentified relationship with the girl that she likes. And right now, she is inside the tomb of a vampire princess. Some would say she is lucky but to Kwon Yuri, it is such an opportunity to be able to be introduced at this part of the spectrum.  She held Jessica’s hands tighter, a feeling of unworthiness erupted upon her when her eyes laid on the golden glass casket.

 

“Do I need to bow or make a ritual? This place looks so holy.”

 

“Soojung wouldn’t mind. You’re with me.” Jessica smiled.  Tugging on their intertwined hands.

 

“Wow.”

 

A mere single word statement of expression yet it houses a full length admiration. Yuri saw the girl on the painting, the one who is beside Jessica. The girl who resembles her so much. It is now clearer, everything perhaps is clear to Yuri. She is her sister. The looming silence became a burden, Yuri averted her gaze towards the other entity.  The vampire’s face looked ethereal, the glint in her eyes is glassy, sad even.  Looking intently at the teenage girl in her white lace dress, the hands adjoined at the center of her slim body, lips red as rose. The hair jet black, looking like it is made of the finest silk there is. Jessica’s face screamed longing.

 

“Why…why did she die?”

 

“Mama killed her.” Her voice is soft. More like a whisper.  Upon different sessions Yuri had with Tiffany and Yoona, she knew the fact that Jessica’s mother is not an angel which is in contrast with her face. But how evil can she be if even her own daughter did not survive the vile and cruel desires of her heart.

 

“I thought you are immortal?”

 

“Such things do exist when it is not forced to vanish.” There it is again, Jessica’s out of this time statements. Yuri wanted it to be simpler, like she accidentally stepped on a knife, and that knife is lethal. Something like a true sentence which is apparently comprehensible, not this kind of phrases which is classified as a deep quote.  So Yuri decided to keep mum.

 

“I know you don’t understand Yuri. Pardon me, it is just I am not yet keen on speaking on modern language. As of which, I am a very old woman.” Jessica spoke. Her smile appearing.

 

“We are immortal. She was born 500 years after me. When Father and Mother are still agreeing on the same route. When there is still equality. But my mother’s nature is evil thus making her a true body of everything bad in the world. Jealousy came when she saw how compassionate Soojung is and she wondered how she is incapable of feeling those kind of emotions.”

 

“She grew mad on finding that one certain piece of satisfaction she does not know how to fulfill. One night, when I was feeling down, I came into Soojung’s room only to witness my sister in her bed with her heart yanked out. The only way for a vampire to be killed is to extract that one beating organ. I cried and then she appeared behind me, clutching my sister’s heart in her hands like it is a prize possession. I don’t know what to do.” Jessica heaved a sigh, closing her eyes as she reminisce the things she is able to digest that night.  Yuri remained a listening ear. Her eyebrows contorting yet she managed to zip shut because after all the story has not yet reached its ending. Jessica tugged their hands once again, Yuri felt that she is sweating.

 

“She said that she is satisfied. That her frustration has reached its end, and the only thing that cured it is the action of killing. She likes it. I hated her so much Yuri.  I don’t know what to feel, I blamed everyone. I shut myself up. Until, until Donghae came.” Jessica’s voice has a hint of hesitation. Yuri flinched at the name. Awkward as it seems, Jessica and Donghae indeed has a past.

 And as much as she want to twist and turn every possible detour of ideas, it will still lead to a certain point. Jessica loved Donghae, and vice versa. And that love is the reason why Donghae is an vampire, and the rest is history. Yuri felt the comfort vanish.

 

“And then, she returned to snatch away my happiness again. I was lost. And afraid.”

 

“And then, there’s you.” Jessica turned to Yuri’s direction, circling her arms around the neck of the younger girl. The eyes are not sad anymore, Yuri saw her reflection in Jessica’s lighter shade of brown eyes.  Her eyes roamed all over her face, it’s beautiful. A princess indeed.

 

“You made me feel things. It is not just I crave for your blood but you are different.”

 

“How am I different?” Yuri circled the slim waist.

 

“You’re tanned?” Jessica smiled. The noses touched.

 

“And what?”

 

“You’re human.”

 

“Obviously.” Yuri rolled her eyes. Unable to hide her disappointment at the vulnerability of her kind.

 

“And you’re not like them.”

 

“You fancy me yet you hid it. You chose to be angry with me because it is the right thing to do so, you did not let your feelings to cloud your judgment. You are good person Yuri.” Jessica breathed in the words that she is saying. Yuri felt a tingling sensation in her lips as the air coming from Jessica’s mouth c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter