V. CLEARER VIEW

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: Chapter 5 CLEARER VIEW

The crack of dawn came like a tradition. The same ray of light tore the dark heavens slowly as the gray clouds turned white. But the life of the party is not measured by a sheer phenomenon of the incoming day but it fuels to a something more significant reason. The life of the party is in the souls of the goers, and as Lacey welcomes a new day, still, the party never stopped. Perhaps, it is quite essential to socialize as long as possible. For when the noon comes and it will, the party will stop and the students will face the new enemy, being described to be the projects and the classes they needed to attend in order to gain a diploma.

 

Tiffany Hwang, still tired from the confrontations she encountered, sat stiffly, in front of her stood Im Yoona, nibbling what looks like a piece of cracker.

 

“So you compelled her?” Yoona asked the older one. Crumbs falling down from her lips.

 

“Yes, I did. She is not supposed to know anything about that. Besides, she has nothing to do with all of this.” Tiffany answered in her tired state. Physically and mentally, she has been drained with all her power. The talk with Key frustrates her to the extent that she decided to let herself grow wild in the party. Draining two bodies out of blood is not an Una’s usual doing. Sometimes Tiffany wonders why she is like this, yet in the end, she knew what she is doing. A gift she must be thankful and grateful to the Headmaster.

 

And more importantly, meeting the Princess of Veiss for the first time in a while is considered as history to Tiffany. Aside from the fact that Princess Sooyeon still looks the same, her attitudes stayed the same. And here she is smiling at the thought of her and Jessica being best buds when she is the weakling rookie. The newly turned Una.

It must be because Jessica a thousand and five years ago has someone to care for, has someone to value, and has someone to love. She is capable of being a friend to the young Tiffany Hwang just because of that. And as much as Tiffany digressed, Jessica is now a walking tool of the new empire her parents are destined to make. They needed the heir now more than ever, Headmaster Jung is growing tired of all the Vils and the Impures are all reeked of deadly agendas. The world needs a better place. It needs a ruler that the empire will respect and fear. Vampires are made to last for eternity to rule humanity and lead them to a flowery path, not the other way around. It is a reminder to not play with all the possibilities, the outcome of the forcing of the evil and good to conjure a rainbow of piece is just plainly wrong. And here it is showing all the wrong the world has yet to witness.

 

“How the hell did Taeyeon unnie land in her grasp? I though she only likes AB blood.” Yoona snickered. Waking Tiffany out of her trance. The young Una dusted her palms with the crumbs then proceeded to Tiffany’s side to gain a seat.

 

“Scoot.” She ordered. Taking a small pouch from behind her back, Yoona punched the plastic straw, piercing the hard plastic of the bloodbag. Tiffany once again sighed. Yoona will drain all of Lacey’s blood reserve if she continues top gulp all of it. With Yoona’s satisfied hum after her first intake, Tiffany decided that she will let her little deer do what she harbors, besides, she is keeping a low profile always. But still….

 

This gluttonous piece of ethereal beast! 

 

“How come you’re still hungry? I saw you sipping blood out a beer bottle in the party.”

 

“I have needs. I am hungry. And I keep myself under control. Unlike you, Minho and I have a hard time disposing those bodies you drained. And fyi, you will be in a heck of trouble. Be sure to ready your monologue.” Yoona replied casually.

 

“You know I have control issues right?”

 

Yoona shrugged before sipping the straw again, the red blood leaving traces of its specimen in the transparent straw.  “I know you do, that is why you need to find to finish your job fast. With all that blood in your disposal, you will go berserk.”

 

“And that is why, I am compelling Sungmin to smuggle those bloodbags across the world. I will not be a nomad, travelling the world to deliver Lord Jung’s blood to the night crawlers? Being normal .” Tiffany scratched the ends of her arms as the mere mosquito flew to blood out of a bloodsucker. Irony it is.

 

“It is our fault why they are normal anyway. We turned them remember? We are not a Veiss to turn an Una who apparently does not need Lord Jung’s blood to walk in the sun.” Yoona stated. Blurting out the obvious to Tiffany.

 

“I know.”

“Now you know, Daylight Patron.” Yoona elbowed Tiffany, teasing her the famous nickname the night crawlers has given to her. The Daylight Patron, the deliverer of freedom. The ends of their misery of hiding in the shadows. And now maybe they will call Sungmin the Daylight Deliverer or the courier the Daylight Truck. Tiffany giggle at her own thoughts, eliciting a head shaking from Yoona who is now in her 2nd bloodbag.

 

“So, why the hell did your girlfriend ended up as Miss Jung’s bloodbag?”

 

“I don’t know. I am angry at her for doing that to Taeyeon when she saw how helpless she is. And here we are, thinking all the same that she only fancies one type of blood.”

 

“A variety of flavors isn’t a bad thing. Maybe she wants change.”

 

“It will change when we find the heir. Everything will change.”

 

~~

 

Yuri turned off the overworked desk lamp. She tucked the blanket right under Taeyeon’s chin. The sleeping girl looked like a kindergartner when she is sleeping and Yuri can’t help but to give the smaller girl a poke on the forehead. Taeyeon’s plea of giving her time to break it off with Tiffany is the only reason why Yuri is holding the truth in. Taeyeon is in fact the right person to blurt it out to Hwang. No one needs to interfere in the already broken relationship. Not even herself.

 

She grabbed her jacket in the nightstand, deciding that an alone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter