XVI. THE DARK PAST

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: Chapter 16

 

THE DARK PAST

 

There was a loud thunder. A screech followed by a bang of the fallen oak doors, Taeyeon felt vulnerable unknown reason crept underneath her mighty beliefs of being invincible. Slowly the thunder roaring became silent, almost in sync with Taeyeon rising on her feet, heaving a few amount of footing.  The blood rain stopped, leaving the Lacey grounds with the color of maroon, dried memories stolen from those who are affected and Jinki’s blood. It is dead silent. Taeyeon’s eyes glowed, eventually the power is back.

 

For most of the times, L and Lisa have been in the backburner in the hierarchy of the Impure clan, sent out to find the lost town.  Now that thy have achieved their role, what is going to be their task and purpose, what is the use of immortality? They don’t know either. But as they witness the heir stumbled on her feet, they knew something is definitely up. Lisa jumped down from the second floor of the abandoned Una headquarters, landing just inches away from Taeyeon.

 

“What is happening to you? Does the blood rain affected you that much?” She asked, her red eyes piercing through the gray ones. L followed suit, his hands crossed as he awaits the answers to his sister’s query.

 

“Are the rest on their way?” Taeyeon dismissed the question.

 

“Yes. They’ll be able to have your meat by the time they comes back.”

 

“I need to find the Yuri. ASAP.” Taeyeon hastily grabbed a bloodbag from Lisa’s hands, draining the blood inside.

 

“We have 2 days until the fifth. Why not use a witch to track?”

 

“Seohyun figured it out, she used magic to hide Yuri’s whereabouts. She is not powerful enough to make it permanent but she is powerful enough for it to last 2 days. I need to find her until she is turned.” Taeyeon tore another bloodbag open, her black cloak now wet with the rations of blood. The ends of her lips dripping with the red liquid.

 

“Why? Killing her won’t do you anything if you are not complete yourself. You need to find Jessica first. Don’t you think it is more important?” L asked. The jet black hair dancing in the wind.

 

“Yes. But I need to kill Yuri first. She is human, vulnerable. Tell me L, if I kill Jessica first, I will be complete and one of the unas turn Yuri, then she’ll turn into the heir, what difference does it make if the both of us are incapable of death? Where is the sole ownership of the throne? I am not made to share my pedestal.” There was an utter sheer of disgust plastered on Taeyeon’s face. Now looking as immaculate as before, she leaned on the side of the door frame whom she destroyed earlier.

 

“Well then, where do you reckon Yuri is?” it is Lisa who decided to speak in behalf of his brother. The blonde vampire soared high, settling at the second floor’s railings.

 

“I don’t know.” Taeyeon answered shrugging as L heaved a sigh, joining his sister in the railings, the swaying of their feet in sync.

 

“Plan?”

 

“You just gotta help me with some acting.” Taeyeon smiled a menacing smile, emerging from her pockets, is a pair of contact lenses. And it is brown.

 

~~

 

Tiffany absentmindedly stared at Taeyeon and Yuri’s shared dorm room. There is still food left in the fridge, sad to say the owners are long gone to experience such satisfaction. Taeyeon and Yuri’s books are all laid in their beds opened, some dust started to accumulate. Tiffany roamed the room, fingers sliding through every nook and cranny of the once happy place.  Her fingers however stopped at a certain frame, her vision eventually blurred, the other hand wiping the stray produce of emotions. There is a soft audible cry coming out of the unas mouth, the frame is lifted up, right just in front of her eyesight.  Her picture, asleep. Looking quite exquisite as she can ever be. She is Taeyeon’s everything, yet she blew it all up.

 

Tiffany’s intensified hearing jolted her up on her little trip to memory lane. A crash of what seems like wooden walls and stones fighting resonated making Tiffany flinch. Waking up in realization of danger, the una hastily run towards the door, opening it with force and hesitation to leave the memory behind. A matter of millisecond, Tiffany’s eyes landed on the person lying motionless underneath the debris, the effects of the crash. Her long black hair covers the face, diamonds littered around her.

 

“TAEYEON!” The una cried, her tears never stopped, until the vampire reached the girl.

 

“Taeyeon? Ya!” She shook Taeyeon in her arms gently, but she never moved. Her eyes remained closed. Tiffany wondered if the color behind it is brown or gray. She wondered if this form of weakness from the heir is a sign of her Taeyeon coming back to her. Tiffany’s crying stopped when a pair of diamond gloved hand reached out to caress her face, carefully wiping the lone tears dashing out to gain an exit. Tiffany’s breathe hitched, Taeyeon’s eyes is opening.

 

“Run.”

 

“What? What’s happening!? Who did this to you!” Tiffany enraged by the sight of Taeyeon in an utter destruction, moreover to the fact that he heir’s voice is husky and stale.

 

“The Impure siblings are here..Fany you have to run!” Taeyeon managed to stand up, in all of her remaining efforts she held Tiffany’s hands in hers.

 

Their eyes met, there is a soft pause of time, just like the first day of school, her brown eyes glistening underneath the soft lashes. Those innocence it holds, the gentle crinkle it always embodies when Taeyeon is about to laugh and the slow draping of its lids when the face is centimeters apart, ready for the emotions to transfer on the soft cushions of her lips.  Tiffany remained frozen, as Taeyon tugged on their linked hands. Now back on the plane of reality, Tiffany’s eyes did not met the gray ones of Taeyeon, her soft brown eyes is back. The elation, the hope, eventually fired her inner desires of saving her love, but as she is about to reciprocate the force given by the familiar entity in front of her, the una’s eyes met a new set of red ones. So intriguingly familiar, and devastatingly dangerous. L and Lisa are both smiling.

 

~~

 

“Sooyoung! Ya! Wake up, there is someone at the door!” Yoona bombarded Sooyoung in her sleep. Waiting for several hours for Jinki in the debatable not so spacious looking faculty room is enough for the unas to evacuate the moment the clock struck on its 3rd hour.

 

“Let me sleep for god’s sake! I am old!”

 

“No you’re not!” Yoona pried the wool blanket leaving Sooyoung’s bare body out in the cold. The younger vampire cannot believe her eyes when the older one remained unfazed, still snuggled up in the embrace of her sweater. Yoona have no choice, grabbing the edge of the bed, she heaved a soft sigh. Throwing Sooyoung out of her slumber.

 

“Now you ask for it!” Sooyoung bolted up.  The brawl ended when the door of their room opened, revealing the Headmaster and Jinki in his arms.

 

~~

 

“You talk too much.” Jessica giggled at the sight of Yuri blinking, her lips remained ajar.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter