XXI. THE TRINITY AND THE TRUTH

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE TRINITY AND THE TRUTH

—————————-

One thing left to ponder, the devil is on the move.

 

Her eyes roamed the city, consumed by her hatred of all the divinities who diminished her capacity to rule. In such short notice she was informed of her failure, thousand of years ago. When everything had its balance and she was in fact allowed to set foot and have dominion.

 

 

And then it happened, her consumption of all the bad things ended up in a wreck. So devastatingly hideous and evil, it had caused the gods to pour her essence to a low blood dependent ruler, all the world knew as the Queen of Veiss, the dark side of the union. Forbidden yet unforced marriage between the good.

 

 

However when the Queen failed its purpose to awaken her, those things are left to her and her alone. 

 

 

 

The human sacrifice in the lands of Lacey. The killing spree of the Night Crawlers, and Vils massacred. All leading to the sacrificial ritual of her ultimate return. The evil did needed one essential ingredient to live, the last one. 

 

 

 

A Veiss Princess’ blood. 

 

 

 

“How come you’re here when Jessica isn’t dead?” Key uttered amidst the soft drizzle hazing his red eye vision. 

 

 

“Blood sacrifice does not necessarily mean that they should die. In this case they had misunderstood me. They fell to it, so afraid of Jessica being killed while here I am just waiting for her to release her essence to another vessel. And that is exactly what she did.” Her melodic voice rummage through the rain. It drifted into the serenity of the Tuesday weather.

 

 

“Yoona that is.” Key replied. Understanding what she meant.

 

 

“She is now an ordinary vampire made by the precious heir. Apparently, I had no interest in Princess Jung. I have completed the ritual of Manifestation. And here I am . Alive and well in a body they loved so much.”

 

 

 

The devil herself is sealed in Taeyeon’s body. The manifestation of her essence had declared her the owner of the body. The fragile

Soul disregarded to aid another sacrificial purpose. 

 

 

 

“So what are you planning?”

 

 

 

“Rule.”

 

 

————————————

 

 

 

One life is enough for them to be afraid. Tiffany Hwang came back to the castle unprotected, one stormy night she was all alone and Yuri found her at the pedestal of her home. She gushed her trembling lips with fresh human blood. And when they waited for the guilt to arise, Yuri had let out a small whimper. 

 

 

 

Tiffany does not remember anything.

 

 

 

“All I remember is that Sunny is dead and Taeyeon’s soul is not in her body anymore Yuri. The blood rain erased all the information that I knew.” Her soulful eyes left her host. She stared at the tremendous fire igniting in the fireplace, quite guilty of how comfortable she was.

 

 

“So this is your new home?” Tiffany allowed her eyes to settle on every intricate details of the castle. 

 

 

It is Victorian. And old indication of wealth and fanfare. For for the heir that would probably save the world. In fact they had made Yuri to stop the inevitable future of the devil being awakened. What is worse is that it had made her girlfriend as the poor vessel.

 

 

“Heirs are supposed to live here. I was obliged by the rules made by the millennia of gods. And Jessica is here, and the rest of the unas. We are safe here. For now. That is all that matters.” Yuri had hope. Her shedding of tears a while ago for her beloved friend did not only brought her to amend the people that she had lost but also to bring peace throughout.

 

 

 

“Yuri.”

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

 

“You are summoned to the Land of Roses. “

 

 

 

“Yes. I didn’t even know why. They are supposed to be resting. By far all I could think is that they have something to tell me about the devil.”

 

 

Tiffany shifted in her seat. “The blood rain.”

 

 

 

“What about it?”

 

 

 

“Help me wash its effect out. Yuri, I am certain I know how to Kill her.”

 

 

 

——————————-

 

 

 

Seohyun forges herself a cane. So weak and vulnerable, the witch had made herself comfy in her soft flowing satin and silk robe. The hand trembled upon the news of her fallen sister. No wonder her connection broke. And when the silver streak of her tears filled her face with magic, she find herself a new reason to hold on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The blood rain erased a memory. Certain fragments are guarded. But it needs a higher power than me to unveil the ones it guards.” She silenced Tiffany’s hope. 

 

 

 

 

“How could we do it?” Jessica who just came from a hunt passed through the conversation. Yuri by her side, trying to analyze the situation.

 

 

 

“Did she do it?”

 

 

“It’s not Taeyeon.” Tiffany had asserted. It is not on her bearing to hear anymore of blame in Taeyeon’s name.

 

 

 

“I know. The devil is a she now.”

 

 

 

“How could we revert the effects of the blood rain? That is the only lead that we could ever pull off.” Jessica says.

 

 

 

“Blood rains are unique to the impure’s line of magical capabilities. In this case, the devil itself casted it.” Seohyun leaned down to her cane. Eyes bloodshot.

 

 

“It is made by the blood of those they killed. Death means parting, same metaphorical way of forgetting. It is all linked.” Yuri says as she combed the locks of Jessica’s hair. 

 

 

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

 

“You forget because the blood rain is caused by the death of thousands. Thousands and probably millions of memory departing the dead souls.” Seohyun said, her eyes meeting Tiffany’s.

 

 

“You need to overcome it.” She added.

 

 

“Which means?” Jessica momentarily held her breath.

 

 

“Tiffany needs to kill one of the Impures. It’s effect cannot be erased. But it can be overpowered. Seeing past the guards of her memory.” Seohyun muttered, whisky breathes became subtle as each took several of her energy. 

 

 

Yuri and Jessica stood right beside their friend. Seems vague and torturous but if they have to do it, then so be it. In fact the Impures have roamed the earth fat long than any man could grasp. Their power and the influence scattered across every vampire, molded them into fearsome creatures, that must be stopped.

 

 

The tranquility of peace without them is attainable. And one certain person alive can do it.

 

 

“Can we kill them all so that we could h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter