XVII. WE ARE NOW IN SHAMBLES

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Not Enough: Chapter 17   WE ARE NOW IN SHAMBLES

 

4th of December

 

It’s snowing. Flakes are somewhat thinner, almost invisible to the eye. It’s cold, and everyone in Admon are wearing their best scarves. Wrapped around their necks tightly, the smoke emerging from the front of their mouths when they talk or utter a jingle. Snowball fights are dreaded the most, yet many enjoys it. Past time of the year, it is not every time you will get to visit the memory of being a child throwing a snowball, and so those, who have no classes are out there in the grounds.

 

But Kwon Yuri finds herself trapped in the limbo of her thoughts. Waiting. Just waiting in front of Jessica, Yoona and Sooyoung’s shared dorm room. A scarf in her hand. She hopes that Jessica is not that keen on believing premonitions or any sort of beliefs. This scarf is special, and Yuri intended to give it to someone special too.

 

The kiss last night left them breathless. There is no clear inclination of a blossomed relationship but Yuri knows her feelings. All it takes is for Jessica to reciprocate and not find that kind of confession as a mere child’s play.  Yuri clutched on the scarf tightly, 8:30 AM. Jessica’s first class.

 

It is 8:15. Jessica is supposed to come out if she does not want to be late. Yuri eyed her watch, then a sudden force made her flich, the door has been opened, quite forceful for the human girl.

 

“Oh!” Jessica’s voice came afterwards.

 

Shy and surprised molding into one facial expression in which Yuri finds way to smiley for a face like Jessica. Always serious, she noticed. Always brooding, and most of all she always eyes Sooyoung with a sense of authority Yuri finds hard to understand.

 

“Hi.” Yuri smiled, hands in her pockets.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked, seems like she forgot that her class starts at 15 minutes as she slung her bag on her shoulders.

 

“I came to give you this.”

 

“A scarf?” Jessica feels elated.

 

“Well, It’s snowing outside and I reckoned you might get cold.” Yuri grinned when Jessica instantly yanked the scarf out of her giving hands, eyeing the black and white scarf with interest.

 

“Thank you. Why don’t you put in it in my neck Miss Kwon?” handing Yuri the scarf back Jessica said.

 

“Me?” of course, clueless and always cute.

 

“Yes.”

 

Yuri chuckled, delicately arranging the scar in her hands, she took a moment before circling it on Jessica’s neck. It is hard not to look at the inquisitive eyes without getting swoony. Yuri focused her attention on making an acceptable knot instead. And when she finally breathed a sigh of satisfaction, a force made her lurch forward, landing on the soft and supple lips. Jessica always tastes good, Yuri smiled into the kiss. Maybe, they are in the same love page. And the scarf kiss is so cheesy and romantic, Yuri blushed.

 

There is a clap.

 

“Very cute and angsty. I like this, feels cinematic.”

 

Jessica did not waste a moment, breaking the kiss in one single second and Yuri is behind her with her wrists trapped in her own protective clutch. Donghae leaned on the wall, his red eyes penetrating Jessica’s and Yuri is more than perplexed to even sum the whole math of the occurrence.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“You can’t compel me.” Donghae said, his index finger pointing at Jessica’s defensive eyes.

 

“I know, I can’t compel you.”

 

“Good. Why are you trying?” Donghae laughed. His boots clanged boldly on the stone floor, the bits of dirt following his path like trails. And Jessica finds herself backing away from the Impure. Yuri, breathless and afraid.

 

“How did you find us?”

 

“You know Yuri, she kisses me like that in the past too..Only difference is, she is holding my scarf like this, then pulls me into her.” Donghae mimicked, his eyes dancing. Jessica is on the verge of crying. Yuri does not know any of this. Her memory is still not intact yet.

 

“Shut your ing mouth!” Jessica yelled.

 

“Sica…Who is he? Why does he know me?”

 

“I will explain it to you later Yuri. Just stay behind me okay?” Jessica felt Yuri respond when her hold on the wrist slid of to be replaced by the spaces of Yuri’s fingers.

 

Her lips folded upwards but Donghae noticed the change of atmosphere. In a flash, a brief second. The impure is face to face with Jessica. Angelic features destroyed by the red eyes. Jessica’s memory of the brown eyes Donghae once had is still vivid, henceforth she finds pain and pity when her own met an unfamiliar pair of orbs.

 

“Why are you here.” Stating the question again, Jessica asked.

 

“I am here to know the current predicament of the heir. Tomorrow is her birthday and we are in a tight deadline, we need to kill her. Immediately.” Donghae ticked his mouth, backing a little.

 

The force Yuri had on Jessica’s fingers are currently overwhelming. Her confusion, and she is afraid.

 

Kill her?

 

“You will not succeed.”

 

“Oh believe me we can. Now that we know your little secret.” Donghae mimicked a happy child, his grin is down spread menacing.

 

Jessica’s ears perked at the word secret. Gulping the remaining saliva in , the cold sweat started to fall. Secret. She is not going to believe such misleading lies from Donghae.

 

“How did you find us?”

 

“By your secret. They know the smell of their master.”

 

Jessica became petrified for a second, her eyes shaking and Donghae enjoyed that look on the princess.  It is not his job to kill her, nor Yuri. It is all in Taeyeon’s hands. Because truth to be told, she is the only one who has the capacity to do so. But the trump card they had will cause the entire world of the Veiss Empire to fall to the abyss of darkness.

A gulf of cold air passed throughout their hairs like arrows, Donghae fell on the ground with a thud. A collective gasp, coming from Yuri and Jessica. There is power, an entity and Jessica does not know the initial reaction upon seeing Sunny and Seohyun.

 

“He will not be down for long. Come on, we need to go.”

 

~~

 

Admon University has no underground headquarters. No Victorian halls to play hide and seek. No time for playing games.

 

Such impromptu things happens in times of the impending doom. The 4th of December is said to be the living epitome of it. Seohyun and Sunny came in just the right time. The impures managed to infiltrate Admon and the witches’ powers are not in its full potential. The presen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter