XIV. THERE ARE TWO

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: Chapter 14

 

THERE ARE TWO

 

 

The usual makeup of the silky black hair did not dance in the crisp darkness of the evening. Pushed back with an amount of imported wax, he looked quite dashing, the red eyes hidden underneath the confinements of the material of the brown contact lenses. Strutting alone with his hands in his pockets, Key attested that for once, after living for over 2,000 years, it is undeniably innate in him to be lenient towards Vegas. He spent almost a hundred years jumping around this city’s building finding for a meal until Lady Amanda found him and dragged him back to his duties. Now is the time to possibly enjoy it once more, although that mere hope is about to be buried by the reality of the things at hand. Vegas is full of busy people. A place where there is no shortage of the three course meals. For even nightcrawlers themselves fancies the pleasure of having to feed in this busy place by biting the necks of those who abandoned the right path, maybe at least to stay in the lines of their righteousness. Key however, is not a nightcrawler, not a Vil. He is an impure, and his task here is finished.

 

“Have you finished your task?” Taeyeon stood in front of him, dusts following her physique as it tangles itself in her body, merging into one. Her figure slowly became bold and physical, her black cloak obscuring her dark eyes. Key nodded, adjusting his jacket.

 

“Did they notice that is was you?” She asked as she lowers her cloak revealing the jet black hair flowing to frame her face, her gray eyes still prominent.

 

“I don’t have time for chitchat, I don’t need to convince them when I can actually compel them.” Key replied and Taeyeon applauded him with a small smile. The diamonds circling her arms are far more noticeable now, looking like an extravagant gloves. Key knew that this will be the way for everything to take place.

 

“Very good indeed. Well, can you me to the place now?”

 

“Pleasure.”

 

~~

 

The Day of the Human Massacre: Lacey Academy, a flashback

 

“No. Not you Sunny. Them.”

 

“Why do you have to do this Taeyeon?” Sunny amidst the tears managed to ask the rhetorical question, of course, evil is now Taeyeon Kim’s middle name. But all of these students are dead. In a blink of an eye. For what purpose exactly.

 

“I can’t seem to harness my powers to its full extent. Something is missing, and if you are going to feed me with some lies Sunny, you are mistaken. I know everything.”

 

“What lies would I provide to you Taeyeon?” Sunny chuckled, not knowing the thought behind Taeyeon’s words. The heir looks angry, frustrated even to the extent that her gray eyes grew darker.

 

But Sunny knew better, she knew that Taeyeon is not supposed to be the heir in the first place. Everything requires a balance, henceforth Taeyeon will have to undergo rituals and sacrifices for the heir’s power to fully manifest. Her capabilities are far more legendary and dangerous, even with the limited access on the power, what more can it do when she reaches its full potential? Sunny suddenly became frightened. The look in Taeyeon’s eyes means that she herself cannot understand the missing feeling inside of her. She needs to hold her ground, she needs to be more creative with her words. She can’t spill the fact that she knows the true heir, for if Kim Taeyeon knows that it only takes a dead Kwon Yuri for her to fully take over the pedestal, then the world shall perish. It is the rule for the empire to only have one heir. And one alone.

 

“Lies like I am not really the true heir? Something like that.” Taeyeon mimicked a doubtful looking human, her hands twirling at the ends of her jet black hair.

 

She knows.

 

“Oh come on. You think I am not one step ahead of you all? This feeling inside me only represents that my power is being restricted, that as if I am not the owner of this. So I tried to sit down and breathe a few lungful of air. Like what you will do now, Please Sunny. Take a seat so we can talk.”

 

Compulsion. She is compelling me.

 

One command, one eye contact. And Sunny did what she has been instructed. Taeyeon took a seat in front of her.

 

“Okay so I tried to tally all of this in a timeline where I can determine what had transpired that obviously ended up in the wrong side.” Taeyeon lifted her hands in the air, the dust swirling around the palms of her hands. After which, a knife has appeared in the thin air.  Taeyeon scribbled on the wooden table, a long straight line, with points, a timeline indeed.

 

“This first point here, is where Lady Amanda turned me into this kind of cute monster.” Taeyeon pierced the first point in the timeline, the dust accumulated in the dot.  Sunny remained silent. Her breathe hitched when she noticed a slight humor in Taeyeon. On a normal day where Kim Taeyeon is just the rich medical student, then maybe Sunny can pinch her cheeks of being the cute little one with a knife. But no, this is the most dangerous person in the world and such form of affection is prohibited.

 

“The second point here, indicates my transition into becoming that cute monster. Which I have spent with the two most important persons in my past life, i.e. Kwon and Hwang in that matter.” The dusts mirrored its action on the first dot.

 

“Third point, I became the cute monster. Do I need to explain?”

 

“Fourth point over here, is where I felt nothing in particular. I can’t feel any remorse, guilt, sadness, happiness, or any of that. I feel utterly inhuman. I lost my humanity.”

 

“Fifth point. The point in this point is that there is only one point that needs to be pointed at, it is the fact that I only felt power. But there is one point which I can’t pinpoint.” Taeyeon pointed the dust knife in front of Sunny, her eyes asking.

 

“Can you guess what’s that point perhaps?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Given.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“The last point of this timeline is me, knowing that Kwon Yuri is the true heir.”

 

Shivers ran like a marathon across her spine, Sunny’s breathing stopped for a moment. She tried to rewind the last bits of every minute she spent gawking at Taeyeon scribbling her little timeline. And no, she did not utter any single word aside from the last statement. Yuri is human, and there is no possible solution as of the moment. If Taeyeon kills her now, they are all doomed.

 

“You became quiet Soonkyu. I’m sorry, I compelled you 3 minutes ago and you provided me with that Intel. I am surprised, but I got over it since I am a cute monster who does not feel anything. Quite an irony that I felt surprised.” Taeyeon smiled. Plopping her hands on the table she eyed Sunny.

 

She compelled me to tell her the truth and compelled me again to forget that she asked. How smart and powerful can you be Kim Taeyeon?

 

“Don’t worry I am not going to kill her, yet.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter