Chapter 4 - The Party

Over At The Frankenstein Place

The cold rain beats down, but the boys grit their teeth as they are on a mission. Once everyone has exited the bus, they form a line and link hands so no one gets lost. RenJun leads the pack as he is the one who remembers seeing the castle and Mark makes up the rear so he can keep a better eye on everyone. They walk for what seems like forever when they finally come across a narrow, dirt road. Off in the distance Mark can make out an outline of what seems to be a castle, just like RenJun said.

RenJun stops in front of the road causing the other boys in turn to stop. He turns back toward Mark and yells to hear himself over the loud rainfall. "Mark Hyung, I'm pretty sure this road will lead us there". Mark nods in approval so RenJun leads them down the dirt road. The road winds up into a hill and the boys almost fall a few times as the rain has made the road muddy.

They trudge on and soon enough they come to a big iron gate. One of the wrought iron doors stands open, but the boys hesitate as they spot a sign. 

Enter At Your Own Risk!!

ChenLe turns to look at Mark with concern. "Hyung, are you sure this is a good idea"? Mark pats his rain soaked shoulder. "'I'm sure that's just to deter robbers. The homeowner obviously has some money. Come on, were already here". He slings his arm around ChenLe's shoulder and they follow the other boys through the gate and up a path that leads to a big front door. Mark nudges his way through the others and up to the door. The boys closly gather behind Mark as he rings the brass doorbell. A few seconds later they hear the deadbold click. The door slowly opens with a loud creak to reveal a fierce looking man with silver hair.  The man doesn't seem mad or glad, but just blankly takes in everyone standing before him. "Hello".

The deep pitch of the man's voice takes Mark by surpise, but doesn't deter him from asking for help. "Hi. I'm Mark Lee. We're students at St. Adrian's School For Boys. Our bus broke down a few miles back. Do you have a phone we may use"?

The man stares for a few seconds. "You're wet". The boys side-eye each other at the Man's obvious staetment. HaeChan scoffs as Jeno speaks up. "Yes. It's raining". The silver haired man looks at him."Yes". The  awkward tension is stifling the boys and Mark, himself, is trying not to panic. Mark is thinking of what to say when a big bolt of lighting flashes across the sky followed by a roar of thunder. The man turn his attention back to Mark. "I think perhaps you better come inside". Mark flashes a fake smile. "You're too kind". 

The man opens the door wider and steps aside to let the boys enter. Mark is busy taking in the surroundings, so when the silver haired man slams the door shut, he startles at the sound. He promply looks at Mark. "Wait here". He then quickly leaves the group of soggy boys to wait for further instructions.

The boys stay close, but slightly wander the room as to check out the creepy decor. The house was definately built in a time much earlier than the present. JiSung scrunches his nose at the dank smell. "What sort of place is this"? HaeChan touches a mounted boars head. "Looks like a hunting lodge for rich weirdos". ChenLe scurries over to Mark. "Hyung, I'm scared". Mark gives him a side hug. " I'm here, there's nothing to worry about". 

HaeChan lets out a shriek as three doors simulatiously burst open. The silver haired man came from one, a handsome looking man with a charming smile stepped out of another, and a pretty-faced man with orange hair stepped out of the last. HaeChan ignores his pink cheeks and the snicker coming from JaeMin whose standing beside him. Mark clears his throat and walks over to the silver haired man, who he just realizes is dressed in a butler's attire. "If we could just use your phone we'll move right along. I'm sure you've got lots of things to do and a great evening planned". The butler rolls his eys and fixes his lappel. "Oh yes. You've arrived on a rather special night. The master is having one of his"... He air quotes. "Affairs". JiSung nods. "Lucky him".

The handsome tan man sidles up to HaeChan who instantly drops his attitude. "He's lucky". He then turns to JiSung and boops his nose. "Your lucky". He takes a step back from JiSung to where he was originally standing. "I'm lucky". He then throws his arms in the air and shouts. "WE'RE ALL LUCKY"! The man then uncontrollably laughs. The redhead beside the handsome man frowns. "All except for Johnny". The charming maid and fierce butler both shush him. He crosses his arms and scowls. Jeno looks at the redhead with interest. "Who's Johnny"?

The butler shushes again. The charming maid rolls his eyes and turns toward Jeno. "The delivery boy". The redhead then steps over to Jeno and leans close to his face. "But his delivery wasn't good enough". The butler gives him a dirty look before cutting in. "The master only wanted to help the boy better his position". JaeMin nods. "That's very commendable of him". The butler agrees. "Yes. It seems like only yesterday since he went". JiSung perks up. "Where"? The maid pets his hair befor grabbing his chin. "To pieces". He then laughs again. The redhead huffs and then storms off down the hall.

The butler returns his attention back to Mark. "Enough of this. Let me show you to the ballroom". He then ushers them down the hall to a set of double doors. They all enter and take in the weird and lively atmosphere. The room is filled with strange people, dressed in weird costumes, wearing party hats. There is a red carpet streached across the room. It starts at an elevator shaft and goes all the way to the stage. On the stage there sits a golden throne and hanging above is a big banner.

Annual Transylvanian Convention

On the left side of the carpet is a buffet table withh all kinds of sweets. Plenty of people surround the table, some eating and others mingling. On the right side of the carpet sits a big jukebox. Sitting on top of the juke is the pretty redhead from earlier. He seems to be in a better mood as he bats his eyes at some woman. Suddenly the grandfather clock beside the door chimes. The people all stop what the're doing and start to cheer. The juke then blasts a rock and roll song.

It's astounding, time is fleeting. Madness takes it's toll. But listen closely, not for very much longer. I've got to keep control.

It's like the song puts everyone in a weird trance. The boys don't understand what's going on. They being guests and not wanting to ruin their chances at using the phone can only watch on as everything unfolds.

Let's do the timewarp again! It's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right. Put your hands on your hips and bring your knees in tight. But it's the pelvic that really drives you insane. Let's do the timewarp again!

The people do some kind of weird dance to the chorus of the song. The readhead then hops off the juke and starts to do a tap dance. He's pretty skilled as he shuffles around. Everyone is cheering him on and he's getting into it when his shoe accidently gets caugt on the carpet and he trips. The maid laughs at him and he just huffs as they once again go into their weird dance.

As the song comes to an end, all the people suddenly fall like gravety them down. The boys look on in horror at all the seemingly lifeless bodies surrounding them on the ballroom floor. RenJun asks what everyone wants to know. "Mark Hyung, are they dead"? Mark, suddenly looking pale, turns toward him. "I don't know"?


 

Sorry I got a little lazy on putting this up. But since October is the month for Rocky Horror I'll be updating a lot. I also never realized how much detail goes into one musical number lol.

The Time Warp